Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I need a sanity check. If I order something from walmart.com for in-store pickup, does it automatically drop to that store's clearance price? Is that only if it is ready for same-day pickup?
they will adjust to store price if it's pulled from shelf/backroom. Ship2store pickup won't. In general, if they don't send out a pickup email within 24-48h, they will go for the Ship2store

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

they will adjust to store price if it's pulled from shelf/backroom. Ship2store pickup won't. In general, if they don't send out a pickup email within 24-48h, they will go for the Ship2store

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
It will have been five days between order placement and item availability, which means Ship2Store. I'll probably have to see if they can do a price adjustment.

This what I found today :p
Zb4Xyym.jpg
I'm a little late, but that's a damn good haul!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Can people at least post the city where they are getting these great Walmart clearance deals! In Columbus, Ohio I see clearance for $0.48 off. :wall: I travel alot, though, and would roam into more WM if I thought there was a chance. I don't expect you to give away the exact store if you're trying to keep everything for yourself, but give us all some hope out here...

It will have been five days between order placement and item availability, which means Ship2Store. I'll probably have to see if they can do a price adjustment.
Here's a follow-up: I picked up the item from the back of the store and took it to Customer Service in the front of the store and told them what I wanted to do (either price adjustment or return/rebuy). The lady at the counter said, after speaking with a few people above her, that as a one-time courtesy that would let me return it and then rebuy it, but normally if an item is returned from an online purchase it doesn't go into their inventory but rather goes back to the warehouse for re-availability online.

I saw a bunch of $20 games at Walmart, but nothing that I wanted. Apparently, they put these games behind the glass case. The $30 games are in security cases on the shelves.

Bought the green/orange controller for $45 at Walmart the other day and I see they now marked it down to $30...I haven't opened the controller yet so I wonder if they will do a price adjustment for me.  

Bought the green/orange controller for $45 at Walmart the other day and I see they now marked it down to $30...I haven't opened the controller yet so I wonder if they will do a price adjustment for me.
If you’re within 7 days you shouldn’t have a problem.

hit the motherload today, gravity rush 2 ps4 for $7, dragon quest heroes ps4 for $10, persona 5 ps3/ps4 for $10/$15. saw the surge for $20 and some $5 games but didnt get them. (mirrors edge catalyst, new blood, snoopys adventure) it was encouraging because it was a store that never has any decent clearance.

So anyone in the Marlton NJ area might want to check out the Huge Walmart Video game Clearance.

while a lot of the more recent console games were picked mostly clean, there was a surprising number (over 50) of PS2 games on display from $5-3. the rest of the PS2 games were far over priced at $10.

There were a few PSP games such as "The Last Birthday" ($15!) and "Secret Agent Clank & Daxter" combo pack.

Out of the lot there were several mislabeled titles, as about 25% were lower price then labeled. (only two games I scanned in the "$20 and under clearance" were scanned at $29.99)

I grabbed the last:

Blue Dragon X360 $5

Overall there were 6 display boxes full of games. (probbaly 40 in each box.)

APROX game spread across over all the clearance games:

5% XB1

17% X360

6% PS4

2% PSP

9% DS (mostly overpriced imo)

7% 3DS

54% PS2

hit the motherload today, gravity rush 2 ps4 for $7, dragon quest heroes ps4 for $10, persona 5 ps3/ps4 for $10/$15. saw the surge for $20 and some $5 games but didnt get them. (mirrors edge catalyst, new blood, snoopys adventure) it was encouraging because it was a store that never has any decent clearance.
Liberty? Anything left?

Liberty? Anything left?
yep, liberty, i dont believe there were any more of the crazy low priced games, havent been back by to see if there were any other markdowns. I checked brickseek and it seemed like everything i got was the only copy there at the time. there were alot of games around the $3 to $5 mark but they didnt stand out to me. they had lots of the surge and mirrors edge games though.

Picked up Persona 5 (PS4) for $20. Nice — This was on my Black Friday wish list. Also picked up Bulletstorm (PS4) for $5 so I can return it with my $10 receipt when I bought it last week.

Hatsune Miku (PS4) was also $20, but I passed for now as they had several copies. I think it will drop lower.

The Walmart in Bowie, MD had a few copies of XCOM 2 for both PS4 and XB1 for $15. Also had a few of the PDP PS4 media remotes for $15 also. End up picking up one of the remotes and a PS4 XCOM.

The store about 45 minutes SE of me is aggressively clearancing out games - picked up San Andreas for both 360 and PS3 for $5 (now down to $4.75) Lego Jurassic World and Lego Avengers for 360 for $5 (XB1 was the same price), UFC 2 was $9, as were several others, AC: Synidcate for XB1 was $9, WWE 2K17 for 360 was $5, and Death of the Outsider for XB1 was $9.  There were plenty more, including Fallout 3: GOTY and Skyrim Legendary Edition for 360 for $4.75-5.00.  This store usually sucks on Clearance, but lately it's been killing it.  Also got FIFA 17 for PS3 for $8 at another local store during lunch today.

The store about 45 minutes SE of me is aggressively clearancing out games - picked up San Andreas for both 360 and PS3 for $5 (now down to $4.75) Lego Jurassic World and Lego Avengers for 360 for $5 (XB1 was the same price), UFC 2 was $9, as were several others, AC: Synidcate for XB1 was $9, WWE 2K17 for 360 was $5, and Death of the Outsider for XB1 was $9. There were plenty more, including Fallout 3: GOTY and Skyrim Legendary Edition for 360 for $4.75-5.00. This store usually sucks on Clearance, but lately it's been killing it. Also got FIFA 17 for PS3 for $8 at another local store during lunch today.
And where are you? :)

Got BioShock Collection for the One for $10!!
Easily my best Walmart find for an Xbox one game.
I would have made the trip out there for that one, but none left in stock according to Brickseek, and that is the only Wal-Mart in the area with that price. Congrats.

That's why I'm still waiting on a 4K TV - I want full HDR10 and Dolby Vision.  HDR is what actually makes 4K look visibly superior to HD, not the bump in resolution itself. 

I bought a 4K on Clearance last year, only to return it when I realized it only had faux-HDR, as most of the 4K TVs at Wal-Mart do.  Even some of the Samsung's, which surprised me.

I was pretty disappointed visiting my local Walmart last night.  My hope has always been that as more Switch games are released, forcing the Wii U games down the case further and further, the quicker Wii U would go on Clearance.  Last night I noticed the bottom row of Wii U games had moved to the top shelf of the 3DS case.  NOOOOOOOOO

So I returned to the store I mentioned earlier in the thread tonight, and while the titles I mentioned last week had been largely picked over clean from their endcap in Electronics, in the main store Clearance aisle I found this....

The 3DS games, Switch games, and the newer Wii U games (including Cars 3) were $36, though there were some exceptions - that copy of Mario Maker for Wii U was $54. Much of the 360 and PS3 stuff was $18, which I'm hoping they reduce rapidly so I can strike while the 2K17 games still flip well at GameStop.

Definitely gonna have to keep an eye on this one.
I'm hoping it's not like another store that's about 20 miles away and across the state line where the Clearance games all got marked down to $15...and haven't budged in the nearly 12 months since.
6f56bade975809a410af873f76be43fc.jpg

Picked up Hatsune Miku(PS4) for $10, Dying Light: Enhanced Edition (PS4) for $10, and Yooka-Laylee (XBox One) for $5.

The Mountain View, CA Wal-Mart did a huge wipe of their shelves last night. I went this morning and it was like Christmas. All the lego dimension packs are on sale for $10. The starter/ (dimension? Sorry I don't play. I just collect legos) are $35. I saw Batman and Mysterious Beasts. Also, they had two full baskets of ps4/Xbox 1/Xbox 360/ps3 games for $10. A lot of it might still be available for store pick up. Personally, I picked up:

The last guardian ps4 $20
Adventure time Finn level pack $10
Adventure Time Jake team pack $10
Deus Ex Mankind Divide ps4 $10
Crash bandicoot trilogy ps4 $20
Yooka Laylee ps4 $10
Attack on Titan ps4 $10

Sorry no pictures. There were a lot in the basket but the only other games I really remember were One Piece and Mortal Kombat XL.oh also, Halloween candy is 50% and other Halloween goods are 75%. Cookie cutters for 30 cents yay!

picked up dark souls III $9 and the last dead by daylight for $15. there were some new ones like loading human, starblood arena, syberia 3, wwe 2k17 (ps3) for 9 which i passed on. la grange, ky

That's why I'm still waiting on a 4K TV - I want full HDR10 and Dolby Vision. HDR is what actually makes 4K look visibly superior to HD, not the bump in resolution itself.

I bought a 4K on Clearance last year, only to return it when I realized it only had faux-HDR, as most of the 4K TVs at Wal-Mart do. Even some of the Samsung's, which surprised me.

I was pretty disappointed visiting my local Walmart last night. My hope has always been that as more Switch games are released, forcing the Wii U games down the case further and further, the quicker Wii U would go on Clearance. Last night I noticed the bottom row of Wii U games had moved to the top shelf of the 3DS case. NOOOOOOOOO
My local Walmart still has several Wii games instock at full price, nothing crappy mostly first party Nintendo games, but it has been a few years with no price change.

The Mountain View, CA Wal-Mart did a huge wipe of their shelves last night. I went this morning and it was like Christmas. All the lego dimension packs are on sale for $10. The starter/ (dimension? Sorry I don't play. I just collect legos) are $35. I saw Batman and Mysterious Beasts. Also, they had two full baskets of ps4/Xbox 1/Xbox 360/ps3 games for $10. A lot of it might still be available for store pick up. Personally, I picked up:

The last guardian ps4 $20
Adventure time Finn level pack $10
Adventure Time Jake team pack $10
Deus Ex Mankind Divide ps4 $10
Crash bandicoot trilogy ps4 $20
Yooka Laylee ps4 $10
Attack on Titan ps4 $10

Sorry no pictures. There were a lot in the basket but the only other games I really remember were One Piece and Mortal Kombat XL.oh also, Halloween candy is 50% and other Halloween goods are 75%. Cookie cutters for 30 cents yay!
You live in the same city as me, that's crazy. Whenever I go to that Walmart I can't ever find clearanced games nor at the target across the street

Found this at one of my local Walmart’s

[attachment=28525:2E25C3BC-D39F-49F4-9163-E9FB6FC217F1.jpeg]

[attachment=28526:B68D7984-8593-4AEC-A8C9-F4B70FABFEE1.jpeg]

Gigantic bin with different games, all of them were $10 so nothing like you guys have found

I wish my city had a good Walmart. Nothing good ever goes on clearance here. I’m drooling over everything I read in this thread and realize, “Yup, those are all still $40-60 at my stores.”

Saw these a few days ago:

[attachment=28527:20171024_202926.jpg]

[attachment=28528:20171024_203427.jpg]

[attachment=28530:20171024_203039.jpg]

[attachment=28532:20171024_203443.jpg]

[attachment=28533:20171024_203035.jpg]

You live in the same city as me, that's crazy. Whenever I go to that Walmart I can't ever find clearanced games nor at the target across the street
To be honest, I live closer to San Jose but I love the Cinemark in Mountain View. I went over there that morning to catch Thor. I think that was my first time at that Wal-Mart! I hope you were able to go over and find some things you liked. :)

To be honest, I live closer to San Jose but I love the Cinemark in Mountain View. I went over there that morning to catch Thor. I think that was my first time at that Wal-Mart! I hope you were able to go over and find some things you liked. :)
isn't the Cinemark in mountain view the only theater with recliners? I was debating on going to that Walmart today since I usually find nothing and ended up not going.

isn't the Cinemark in mountain view the only theater with recliners? I was debating on going to that Walmart today since I usually find nothing and ended up not going.
Yeah! Reserved seating AND recliners! Seriously the best. That's too bad that you didn't go, but I guess your wallet will thank you instead.

bread's done
Back