Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like there are 7 of these at the closest store (supposedly). Actually worth it?
I personally wouldn't buy it unless it was like $50. And just to have something cheap to travel with to web surf maybe watch a movie.I see a lot of people trying to resell these things. They're trying to get rid of them for a reason.

I personally wouldn't buy it unless it was like $50. And just to have something cheap to travel with to web surf maybe watch a movie.I see a lot of people trying to resell these things. They're trying to get rid of them for a reason.
Yeah I can't see them reselling for anything much. $50 or less sounds like a more reasonable price. Good call.

I know I’m late, but holy shit the last few pages have been crazy. I live in Wichita and I never see clearance at any of our Walmarts close to as good as this. We do have some of the HP desktops in stock though, so I may try to grab one of those this weekend.

I know I’m late, but holy shit the last few pages have been crazy. I live in Wichita and I never see clearance at any of our Walmarts close to as good as this. We do have some of the HP desktops in stock though, so I may try to grab one of those this weekend.
Yea my Salisbury NC Walmart is horrible at clearance but even they put those desktop PC’s down to $249 yesterday. Shitty thing is I had to work and someone snagged them before I got off.

The Walmart in Wichita never have any good clearances

Brickseek says all the walmarts near me are selling Sandisk Cruzer Blade 32GB flash drives for $3. The website even says they have them in stock, but when I physically go to the stores, nobody has them.

VA1vsQr.jpg

I found one of these at Wal-Mart. Couldn't get much information about it (reviews, specifically) so I left it behind and got that Xbox One S deal at Target instead. That was a mistake, wasn't it...?
Thanks! I was also able to find one of these laptops. Brickseek showed zero limited stock, but lo and behold there was one there behind a couple of a different model

Heh, you're welcome. -___-

I just called the Green Valley location, as Brickseek claimed there were still three of them there. The guy from the gardening department claimed that they were still there, but the guy from the electronics department said that all of the store's laptops (all sixty of them) were cleaned out by one shopper. He could be lying, but 1) it sounds plausible considering that so many of these machines wind up on eBay and 2) I've spent way too much of January's money already, and it's not even January yet. I'm not going to go halfway to Tucson only to either be disappointed, or broke for the rest of the month.

I mean, I got a great deal on that Xbox One S, so I shouldn't complain. But I probably should have spent my money more wisely. I just have to keep in mind that there will be other opportunities.

That's what I was thinking, but I'm not complaining. Prices were at Fort Myers Beach, 17105 San Carlos Blvd store.

I went back tonight and all the systems were gone, but they had more games in boxes from the back. Picked up all these for $5 each.

2lc0dpz.jpg

2u57320.jpg
Gonna have to call BS on Nioh, for sure. If it was $5, it was a scanning mistake. It's in the mid $30's to $40's at Walmart, depending on the week. In no universe we live in is this a "clearance item" right now.

Gonna have to call BS on Nioh, for sure. If it was $5, it was a scanning mistake. It's in the mid $30's to $40's at Walmart, depending on the week. In no universe we live in is this a "clearance item" right now.
Lol, you don't have to be mad. I literally went to this walmart to pick this game up but he picked it up before I could. I don't know if it was $5, but it was at most $10 and wouldn't surprise me if it was $5. They got rid of a ton of sutff.

Heh, you're welcome. -___-

I just called the Green Valley location, as Brickseek claimed there were still three of them there. The guy from the gardening department claimed that they were still there, but the guy from the electronics department said that all of the store's laptops (all sixty of them) were cleaned out by one shopper. He could be lying, but 1) it sounds plausible considering that so many of these machines wind up on eBay and 2) I've spent way too much of January's money already, and it's not even January yet. I'm not going to go halfway to Tucson only to either be disappointed, or broke for the rest of the month.

I mean, I got a great deal on that Xbox One S, so I shouldn't complain. But I probably should have spent my money more wisely. I just have to keep in mind that there will be other opportunities.
Yo, I'll pay for shipping and cost if you pick up hp desktop for me! I'll throw in some money for your troubles too!

Thanks! I was also able to find one of these laptops. Brickseek showed zero limited stock, but lo and behold there was one there behind a couple of a different model
I was able to pick one of these up as well. It was the last one at my store. I have better luck with electronics than games when it comes to clearance stuff at walmart. I almost never see these game deals you guys post.

I'm just trying to figure out if it has room for a ssd and the 1 TB hard drive. I might be using this for work and it would be nice to have it booting off of a SSD.

Different stores have different prices and clearances. It can be clearanced at any store because they need to clear stock, make room for new items or store closing. It wasn't a price mistake, it's on clearance (at this one store) and it doesn't matter when an item comes out, it can be clearanced out whenever.

Is there a way to search by store / area to see what is on clearance versus searching for a specific item and seeing if its on clearance?

Different stores have different prices and clearances. It can be clearanced at any store because they need to clear stock, make room for new items or store closing. It wasn't a price mistake, it's on clearance (at this one store) and it doesn't matter when an item comes out, it can be clearanced out whenever.
Exactly this. While, not $5 (Great find for sure), I found it at one of my stores for $15. All depends on the store manager really. Easy way to see is to check Brickseek and compare it to the Walmart App.

Incorrect - it's been $10 and $20 at a couple of stores in this area.

The two PS4 games I've seen consistently getting Clearanced at several of the stores around here (even if the prices aren't that great) are Nioh and The Last Guardian.

Ok, I get that. Just very surprised because Nioh is still a very in-demand item. My friend sold his USED copy for $40 a coupla weeks ago.

I'm confused though by the online pricing vs. Brickseek. For example, Brickseek shows one price much lower than retail, and I go to the store's website and it's at full price for the item. If I go out there, I'm sure I'll be told "go by our website, not someone else's" and they won't give me the lower price. But who knows...haven't tried it yet.

Nioh was $7 at a store in Tampa last week as well. Sadly, someone else got to it before I had the chance to go there.

Amazing prices - admittedly jealous.  My WM never has anything close to these mystical clearance sales others report of here.

Picked up one of the 199.99 hp laptop bundles at the Indian Trail , NC Walmart they had one more thought I would pass it along cause they have been getting bought up pretty fast around the Charlotte area. 

Looks like the desktop dropped at a store 30 minutes away, says they have 2 in stock.  I know calling is suicide but ugh I don't want to drive that far on new years day for nothing!

Ok, I get that. Just very surprised because Nioh is still a very in-demand item. My friend sold his USED copy for $40 a coupla weeks ago.

I'm confused though by the online pricing vs. Brickseek. For example, Brickseek shows one price much lower than retail, and I go to the store's website and it's at full price for the item. If I go out there, I'm sure I'll be told "go by our website, not someone else's" and they won't give me the lower price. But who knows...haven't tried it yet.
Don’t go by the website pricing. Use the app, it will show you the pricing at individual stores in the surrounding area. It’s based on zip code or GPS on your device. I use Brickseek to look for the store zip codes and verify pricing in the app.

you must be new around these parts, here's some help. Walmart clearance does not follow a company-wide price, it varies from store to store. Nioh was $5 at that one store, and it's possible it was $5 at that one store only in the whole country. It's all up to the manager to price these items on a store-by-store basis.

Brickseek is a very useful tool, but it's not 100% perfect. a price could have been updated in stores today and brickseek doesn't have the new price yet. It's just a tool that can help you narrow down to certain stores instead of visiting all ten in your area. Also, never mention the price you see on brickseek to an employee. They won't honor it because it's not official. If the price isn't right in store or you can't find it, just take the loss and move on. again, brickseek is not 100% accurate.

While you are at that walmart, turn on location services and use the app. searching the item/scanning the item will give you the price at that specific store. the website prices are not the same as in-store prices, most walmarts won't even price match their own website anymore.

Picked up one of the 199.99 hp laptop bundles at the Indian Trail , NC Walmart they had one more thought I would pass it along cause they have been getting bought up pretty fast around the Charlotte area.
I'm like 15 minutes away but I can't justify another computer as I already have a pretty decked out machine I only use for work and YouTube.

I'm like 15 minutes away but I can't justify another computer as I already have a pretty decked out machine I only use for work and YouTube.
I was needing a new laptop my old one was windows 7 still from back in 2010 it was on its last legs needing to be plugged in at all times cause it would not hold a charge, im using the new one right now and its much faster than my old laptop and im happy at the purchase price for the minimal things i will be using it for. Might look into and ssd if one can be add because I haved used others and the bootup speed was impressive.

The concord store has some of the desktop hps for 249 and im thinking i should pull the trigger on one of them as well for the price and get caught upgraded across the board.

you must be new around these parts, here's some help. Walmart clearance does not follow a company-wide price, it varies from store to store. Nioh was $5 at that one store, and it's possible it was $5 at that one store only in the whole country. It's all up to the manager to price these items on a store-by-store basis.

Brickseek is a very useful tool, but it's not 100% perfect. a price could have been updated in stores today and brickseek doesn't have the new price yet. It's just a tool that can help you narrow down to certain stores instead of visiting all ten in your area. Also, never mention the price you see on brickseek to an employee. They won't honor it because it's not official. If the price isn't right in store or you can't find it, just take the loss and move on. again, brickseek is not 100% accurate.

While you are at that walmart, turn on location services and use the app. searching the item/scanning the item will give you the price at that specific store. the website prices are not the same as in-store prices, most walmarts won't even price match their own website anymore.
Very good info, thanks. Encountered that today. BS found a PS4 game (at a Target) for $8.98 and when I went there today, it was $14.98. Oh well.

Just to be clear- when you're talking about using the app, do you mean Walmart's app or Brickseek's?

Very good info, thanks. Encountered that today. BS found a PS4 game (at a Target) for $8.98 and when I went there today, it was $14.98. Oh well.

Just to be clear- when you're talking about using the app, do you mean Walmart's app or Brickseek's?
Walmart app. same applies for target, use the Target app. When you have GPS/location services on, the apps will pinpoint which store you are at and give you the pricing for that specific store.

also remember, mainly for target, that sometimes they have the clearance price stickers on them. it could still mean the price updated and they never changed the sticker, so always double check on the apps and in-store aisle price scanners.

]So is there a universal significance to the Blue and Green Stickers on games? I saw some today at the local Wal-Mart and the pricing did not look unusually low on those games. Maybe slightly lower but not $5-15 I see here.

]So is there a universal significance to the Blue and Green Stickers on games? I saw some today at the local Wal-Mart and the pricing did not look unusually low on those games. Maybe slightly lower but not $5-15 I see here.
AFAIK they're left over from Black Friday sales that the employees were to lazy to remove.

just black friday leftovers

Walmart app. same applies for target, use the Target app. When you have GPS/location services on, the apps will pinpoint which store you are at and give you the pricing for that specific store.

also remember, mainly for target, that sometimes they have the clearance price stickers on them. it could still mean the price updated and they never changed the sticker, so always double check on the apps and in-store aisle price scanners.
Yes. the Target item (Styx: Shards of Darkness, PS4) was indeed marked as clearance when I got there, but instead of the $8.98 quoted by Brickseek, it was $14.98. That's why I asked the manager to double-check that the correct clearance price was given. Many of the items there are marked with a certain clearance price, but when they are scanned...the price is actually much lower. Sadly, was not the case with "Styx".

iHero, you ARE my hero! Sorry for the double post. I went back to that Target tonight, resigned to buying "Styx" at the higher clearance price. But THIS time, I had downloaded the Target app. I scanned the game and voila, it said $8.98! Took it to the front registers since no one was in Electronics and their scanned price STILL showed the game to be $14.98! I asked the employee if she needed to call a manager but she said naaaa, I'll give you the price YOU scanned! Is this common, where your scanned price with the app is often different from the store's scanners? Are they always supposed to give the customer scanned result the advantage if there's a scanning conflict?

In any case, your great advice saved me some cashola...thanks man!

iHero, you ARE my hero! Sorry for the double post. I went back to that Target tonight, resigned to buying "Styx" at the higher clearance price. But THIS time, I had downloaded the Target app. I scanned the game and voila, it said $8.98! Took it to the front registers since no one was in Electronics and their scanned price STILL showed the game to be $14.98! I asked the employee if she needed to call a manager but she said naaaa, I'll give you the price YOU scanned! Is this common, where your scanned price with the app is often different from the store's scanners? Are they always supposed to give the customer scanned result the advantage if there's a scanning conflict?

In any case, your great advice saved me some cashola...thanks man!
no problem, glad to help and glad you grabbed a deal!

just want to note, this is the walmart clearance thread, so I don't want to deviate from the topic too much. there's a separate target thread which i see you are also posting in :) i'll answer your question here but if have any more questions about target, please post in the other one and i'll respond!

yes, it's common where prices are updated on the app and not in stores. most times it's because they recently updated the price, and it makes sense today because it's New year's. Target typically updates electronic prices on Mondays, so there was probably some delay. that's why it's best to always double check. As for employees giving you that price, yes they are supposed to because of the Target price match policy. But every now and then, you'll encounter an employee who won't, because it does require a little bit more work for them.

Walmart, on the other hand, is less likely to match a price even if the app says it. the employees are typically more difficult. and they also changed their policy to not allow any more price matching, including their own website, so they don't have to match anything technically.

Thanks for the info. I hear you on Walmart. This week is really the first time I'd even tried Target because I've always headed for the bargain bins at Walmart. It's been frustrating lately because my nearby Walmart had an awesome bargain bin filled with heavily discounted games last Winter and now the bin is gone and I've found no other Walmart with a reduced/clearance games bin. They seem to have replaced it with a discount movies bin, and that's if there's a bin at all.

One last question: is there a way to search Walmart's complete clearance list for games for one store (via their app or Brickseek) or do you have to do an individual search for each title?

Again, thanks for the help!

Thanks for the info. I hear you on Walmart. This week is really the first time I'd even tried Target because I've always headed for the bargain bins at Walmart. It's been frustrating lately because my nearby Walmart had an awesome bargain bin filled with heavily discounted games last Winter and now the bin is gone and I've found no other Walmart with a reduced/clearance games bin. They seem to have replaced it with a discount movies bin, and that's if there's a bin at all.

One last question: is there a way to search Walmart's complete clearance list for games for one store (via their app or Brickseek) or do you have to do an individual search for each title?

Again, thanks for the help!
there's no way to get a complete list since that would make life too easy lol. you gotta search individual titles or something generic like "ps4" on the app and scroll through. and just follow this thread as people will post their finds and you can see if the same is in your area.

and just stop by the game section every time you go to walmart, because you never know what you'll find when it's walmart. and then you can post here and share the wealth :)

there's no way to get a complete list since that would make life too easy lol. you gotta search individual titles or something generic like "ps4" on the app and scroll through. and just follow this thread as people will post their finds and you can see if the same is in your area.

and just stop by the game section every time you go to walmart, because you never know what you'll find when it's walmart. and then you can post here and share the wealth :)
Sounds good! Thanks much! Appreciate all the good info.

VA1vsQr.jpg

I found one of these at Wal-Mart. Couldn't get much information about it (reviews, specifically) so I left it behind and got that Xbox One S deal at Target instead. That was a mistake, wasn't it...?
Thank you so much for posting this pic. My store had two on their sides with the blue part facing out. This pic helped me identify them in the cage. The grey one has green instead of blue on the box. I got the blue one since the grey one had been opened and resealed. We needed a new pc since the laptop is really dying and the desktop is having issues. Need something dependable for the wife and kids working on school stuff and I don't have to troubleshoot issues over the phone as it always happens that way.

VA1vsQr.jpg

Thanks for the head up, I was able to order one for in-store pickup. Probably gonna give it to my parents since the desktop they have is like 10 years old lol

Went to check and see if the local store showing the desktop actually had it in stock over my lunch break. There was an old lady in line in electronics before me who was asking if she could buy out the stock of an item, then referencing the very desktop I was looking for. Associate told her they didn't have any and she started screaming about how a website (brickseek was pulled up on her phone) told her there are 2 in the store and that the employee was trying to scam and lie to her and keep them for himself. Dude panicked and ran to get a manager and I gtfo of there before this lady had a bigger meltdown. Screw you flipper granny! Wild stuff man.

Clerk was adamant that they have none of the $199 laptops and any website means you have to order online. Brickseek showed 3, but no manager to be found so I left empty-handed.

bread's done
Back