Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
The sku is not in Wal-Mart's system any longer.

I just used brick seek and all my locals stores showed OOS or limited quantity with zero. Just called the limited quantities ones and found one in stock local. Ask them to look for the laptop bundled with a bookbag.

Thanks to whoever originally posted the $199 laptop. Got one today. I thanks again!
That'd be me, the sucker who passed on it. :p

I can't be too mad. I got a good deal on the Xbox One S, and I've seen people make worse mistakes. Case in point... a guy on another forum found an NES Classic at Savers for $4.99, and left it there.

I can't be too mad. I got a good deal on the Xbox One S, and I've seen people make worse mistakes. Case in point... a guy on another forum found an NES Classic at Savers for $4.99, and left it there.
HarshMassiveEagle-small.gif

This makes me so sad.

i found somewhere that has the laptops in stock for 199.  im just trying to convince myself on why i should buy one.  Help me spend money

What, lmao, can you link me that nes classic story? thanks

Looks like 2 nearby stores have the Laptop bundles, might run out and check. I'm pretty sure based on specs alone they would blow my early 2014 Macbook Air out of the water (Which has been having battery issues lately)

I just need something portable thats decently powered for traveling and general ed classes on campus (Since I already have a fairly powerful Wacom tablet computer that I don't like carrying around all the time when its not needed)

Why does Brickseek sometimes display a ZERO next to some quantities and say "Limited Stock"? Shouldn't it say OUT OF STOCK if the # is 0, as it usually does? Don't get it.[attachment=29166:IMG_2503.PNG][attachment=29167:IMG_2503.PNG]

Thanks guys. Yeah I've also seen the occasional -1 in inventory, which is a definite head-scratcher.

I wonder if anyone has found copies on shelves despite BS listing it as "Out of Stock". Getting store employees on the phone to check shelves is a challenge, so the only solution seems to be to drive all over with the hope that a game can be found.

Thanks guys. Yeah I've also seen the occasional -1 in inventory, which is a definite head-scratcher.

I wonder if anyone has found copies on shelves despite BS listing it as "Out of Stock". Getting store employees on the phone to check shelves is a challenge, so the only solution seems to be to drive all over with the hope that a game can be found.
I find items both out of stock online and out of their system on the shelf pretty frequently. They will usually sell whatever it is to you at the lowest clearance price unless the manager is a dick. Ive also had more luck findung things in stores that are listed out of stock on brickseek since a lot of people tend to take it as gospel and don't check the out of stock stores. In my experience with it it's wrong like 90% of the time so I always check everywhere if it's convenient.

The -1 on brickseek can happen when someone orders for online pickup and another person buys up the the remaining stock in the store. It happened to me recently. I ordered an item that brickseek said there were four of in store and the next morning never got an email for pickup. Brickseek then reported -1 on inventory. I called the store and they said someone had come in the night before and bought all four of the items. I just happened to order around the time the other buyer was in store. The store actually helped me out and had another one shipped to the store.

The -1 on brickseek can happen when someone orders for online pickup and another person buys up the the remaining stock in the store. It happened to me recently. I ordered an item that brickseek said there were four of in store and the next morning never got an email for pickup. Brickseek then reported -1 on inventory. I called the store and they said someone had come in the night before and bought all four of the items. I just happened to order around the time the other buyer was in store. The store actually helped me out and had another one shipped to the store.
It also happens when a store has 2 of an item, but inventory only shows one and someone buys both. (happened when I bought two copies of a game)

What are we going to do with all these computers?? lol

Is that 14" hp stream worth it at 100? Tempted to hunt for one even though I managed to get one of the marine blue laptops.

Is that 14" hp stream worth it at 100? Tempted to hunt for one even though I managed to get one of the marine blue laptops.
4GB of ram kills it for me personally, I can't imagine running on anything less than 8. Not sure on HP's expandability, I assume it's not soldered to the board, but with ram prices after you upgrade the ram you'd probably be at like $170, at that point you may as well track down the $200 AMD HP laptop with 8gb of ram since it has a stronger cpu

I'll probably just throw them away, I really just need the boxes to complete my fortress.

Well for the last week my local store has been doing 50% off clearance sticker prices.  Thursday they said they were going to drop down Mario maker Wii U to $15 as well as some other games but unfortunately when i went back today all the 50% off signage was gone and Mario Maker was still full price.  Definitely have no complaints considering they were even clearancing out games that weren't even 2 months old yet. Here's what all I grabbed:

Well for the last week my local store has been doing 50% off clearance sticker prices. Thursday they said they were going to drop down Mario maker Wii U to $15 as well as some other games but unfortunately when i went back today all the 50% off signage was gone and Mario Maker was still full price. Definitely have no complaints considering they were even clearancing out games that weren't even 2 months old yet. Here's what all I grabbed:

Would you be interested in parting ways with any of those??

Seriously how do you guys get all this stuff? I never see anything this good, only a few items here and there and most of the time nothing worth getting. There's so many items posted here that I need/want from these posts but I doubt I will see any of these at any of my walmarts, dang. :(

HP Pavilion Power 580-023w - $249

A lot of stores dropped their price today.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=803136621

427deae8-11c1-4012-ba86-3188e3c72724_2.d0d695360e860a9ed751c084a0a2a266.jpeg
Checked and my Walmart was said to have 4....went yesterday and the crappy employee said nope, they never carried them in store. Went again today and asked another employee. He knew exactly hat I was talking about and went to get the PC for me.

Considering I just upgraded my PC last year, the only thing I was missing was a decent video card (still had a GTX 660, and 1060's seem to start in the $230-240 range) Well, the 1060 went into my main rig, and the 660 is going into the HP. I am now a happy camper

Checked and my Walmart was said to have 4....went yesterday and the crappy employee said nope, they never carried them in store. Went again today and asked another employee. He knew exactly hat I was talking about and went to get the PC for me.

Considering I just upgraded my PC last year, the only thing I was missing was a decent video card (still had a GTX 660, and 1060's seem to start in the $230-240 range) Well, the 1060 went into my main rig, and the 660 is going into the HP. I am now a happy camper
Might have to do that again for the Laptop tomorrow. I asked the women in electronics if she could search for a SKU and she instantly says "Nope we can't do that", I ask her any chance if it might be in the back she goes "Nope", then I just go fuck it and ask her specifically about the bundle and she gives me all sort of weird answers like that it was a black friday sale, and that she doesnt think they have any, then finally ends with "Did you look for it yourself?" and I was like "Yeah, but theres black cardboard blocking the laptop inventory so I can't see whats down there" and she just says "Well sorry" and walks off.

Might have to do that again for the Laptop tomorrow. I asked the women in electronics if she could search for a SKU and she instantly says "Nope we can't do that", I ask her any chance if it might be in the back she goes "Nope", then I just go fuck it and ask her specifically about the bundle and she gives me all sort of weird answers like that it was a black friday sale, and that she doesnt think they have any, then finally ends with "Did you look for it yourself?" and I was like "Yeah, but theres black cardboard blocking the laptop inventory so I can't see whats down there" and she just says "Well sorry" and walks off.
I'm generally pretty passive, but something like this would cause me to recruit a manager or at least another employee.

I'm generally pretty passive, but something like this would cause me to recruit a manager or at least another employee.
I was in a rush and I'm just not a fan of Walmart in general so I didn't elevate it, and there was another dude there too but he just didn't seem to give a shit as he wandered off while I was mid conversation with her. The store still says they have stock there (While all the others stores went to 0) so I'd atleast have felt better if someone had checked the SKU or gave an actual coherent answer. But it definitely felt shady to me.

Checked Brickseek and saw that the Walmart in City of Industry had Persona 5 for $30. Crosschecked with their store inventory and went to the store this afternoon and sure enough it was at that price. When I left they had 2 more copies, but Brickseek says they still have 4. https://imgur.com/a/x6wvM A couple stores seem to also have No Man's Sky for $20 including this one.

Seriously how do you guys get all this stuff? I never see anything this good, only a few items here and there and most of the time nothing worth getting. There's so many items posted here that I need/want from these posts but I doubt I will see any of these at any of my walmarts, dang. :(
Check the store inventory of the walmart store you want. Just google search: Walmart [city] and one of the top search results should be "Find out what is new at your [city] walmart..." got to the search tab. Since I have a ps4. I like typing "Playstation 4 in vdeo games" which gives you a list of all the ps4 games they should have in stock. Should....have in stock, because that's not always the case. Crosschecking with Brickseek and other sites doesn't hurt either. Sometimes the online price is different than the store price, so be wary of that. They should still price match the site (and jet.com).

Checked Brickseek and saw that the Walmart in City of Industry had Persona 5 for $30. Crosschecked with their store inventory and went to the store this afternoon and sure enough it was at that price. When I left they had 2 more copies, but Brickseek says they still have 4. https://imgur.com/a/x6wvM A couple stores seem to also have No Man's Sky for $20 including this one.
FWIW, Persona 5 also went on sale at BB today for that price.

Check the store inventory of the walmart store you want. Just google search: Walmart [city] and one of the top search results should be "Find out what is new at your [city] walmart..." got to the search tab. Since I have a ps4. I like typing "Playstation 4 in vdeo games" which gives you a list of all the ps4 games they should have in stock. Should....have in stock, because that's not always the case. Crosschecking with Brickseek and other sites doesn't hurt either. Sometimes the online price is different than the store price, so be wary of that. They should still price match the site (and jet.com).
Walmart will NOT price match. Their price matching policy is done. They will not even price match their website per their policy.

If any of you are getting it price matched its YMMV and not part of their policy.

Walmart will NOT price match. Their price matching policy is done. They will not even price match their website per their policy.

If any of you are getting it price matched its YMMV and not part of their policy.
Yup I started experiencing this last year. Started where they'd ONLY match their site, and only do so if their in stock was EXACTLY the same as the picture online. Then they stopped doing even that... The dude there told me his managers said it was because all the "old ladies coming in with coupons from other stores all the time" haha...

Well, regardless, I went online right there on my phone and ordered it...went around and did my other errands...then swooped around back and picked up my order...haha. So dumb the hoops they make you jump through.

Hey that's the one I go to!

bread's done
Back