Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked on Brickseek and the Walmart in my area just reduced the price to $169 each. I went to the store and asked them to check UPC number and said there were three. The young employee said it'll take five minutes for another employee to get it from the back. I went to grab a cart and came back. Paid both with three year warranty for under $400. Wow didn't even need to do store pickup. The employee was very helpful and I'm glad it went smoothly.   

JFC, why does Wal-Mart even have an electronics section. Between the 5 stores I went to today, each was showing in stock online and on BS for the monitor and tv. Every associate I talked to instantly said they have none in stock without looking, despite what their own website says and a couple went as far as saying they never carried either in the first place. If their own stock numbers are to be believed that's 8 missing tvs and 6 missing monitors at least. That's ridiculous.
It’s the “without looking” part that drives me crazy...I don’t get it. I’m thinking, “Dude, your app, your website and a bunch of other sources are saying you’ve got four of this item in stock, but without even looking up a UPC or SKU you’re gonna tell me to my face that you don’t have it, never did or the count is off because they were given away/stolen?" GFY, lazy ass Walmart employee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Price shows for $169, but when I do the pick-up for the store, it's at $447 at checkout. Is it possible that it's actually $169 in store or the price at checkout?

Yea I have the same problem with the app, the price shows 169 to the right of certain store, and when I go to checkout and select pickup at that store the price doesn’t change, just says it’s like 447$.

Went to a store showing 7 of the candles, only managed to find one after digging through all the shelves, womp

The candles just scan as "candle", if you wanted to gamble and cheat the system you could probably self checkout and just scan the discounted one a few times and bag other ones

Price shows for $169, but when I do the pick-up for the store, it's at $447 at checkout. Is it possible that it's actually $169 in store or the price at checkout?
If it's $169 on brickseek and there are three or more in stock, just go to the store, show the employee the UPC number and ask if this item is in stock. I went yesterday and the employee told me there were three in stock and told me the price right away. Ask someone that you think will be helpful and polite. My employee was a young girl so she was very helpful plus she wasn't working with someone at the moment so always good to ask when they are not busy.

Went to a store showing 7 of the candles, only managed to find one after digging through all the shelves, womp

The candles just scan as "candle", if you wanted to gamble and cheat the system you could probably self checkout and just scan the discounted one a few times and bag other ones
That's not "cheating the system" dude, that's stealing.

If it's $169 on brickseek and there are three or more in stock, just go to the store, show the employee the UPC number and ask if this item is in stock. I went yesterday and the employee told me there were three in stock and told me the price right away. Ask someone that you think will be helpful and polite. My employee was a young girl so she was very helpful plus she wasn't working with someone at the moment so always good to ask when they are not busy.
It's always better to catch them off-guard with a clearance price like this. My experience with giving employees early warning on in-store pickups was negative at 5 different stores.

If you go to the store, remember to put the TV barcode from brickseek on your phone and scan it at the store on their price check little monitor before you go ask that will tell you if the price has dropped. However it doesn't tell you if any are in stock so be prepared for the worst. 

Went to my local store to grab some carpet cleaner, and discovered the Samsung monitors for $99 (unadvertised, no Clearance tags) and the Razer Holiday Bundle for $48 (same thing - no tags, etc).  They had two of the monitors, so I grabbed one.  Guess I'll be returning the HP 27ES I got on sale at Best Buy a few weeks ago.

One thing I noticed earlier this week - one of the stores about half an hour away was clearancing the Omen keyboard and Omen mouse.  Makes me wonder if the Omen laptop might find itself on Clearance soon.

This forum isn't exactly full of sweet angels
Letting people know how to stack promotions, or information about clearance items is not the same as promoting theft. Why don't you just load up a candy bar upc on your phone and then scan it and bag any items you want?

Good looking out on those candles. Grabbed the last 4 large jars and they had 3 of the smaller jars that were $1.38.

Brickseek said a local Walmart in western NY had 3 of the Samsung monitors. So I went to check. There was a nice older gentlemen who checked stock/location via brickseek barcode and then looked all over for it for me. Electronics manager is a nice enough lady. Not warm and fuzy, but she prides herself on knowing where all her stock is and how much it sells for - she's dug up clearance games for me. She said they sold out and they needed to correct the inventory. They did have a $49 razer bundle. So I picked that up.

I was browsing through the app today for my local store and came across an HP desktop marked down to $99.  Says it comes with a 21.5" monitor as well.  All stores around me that list it all show 0 "limited stock".  Brickseek says 16% in stock so maybe someone out there will get lucky :)

Here's the store page on Walmart.com.

Brickseek link

I was browsing through the app today for my local store and came across an HP desktop marked down to $99. Says it comes with a 21.5" monitor as well. All stores around me that list it all show 0 "limited stock". Brickseek says 16% in stock so maybe someone out there will get lucky :)
I'm not sure that's even worth it at $99 tbh... That said, 3 stores claim to have it in stock near me! :p

So my local store has a monitor despite brick seek saying there's zero. Still ringing up 199.all the other stores have it marked $99 but sold out. What's the best way to go about getting it?

if you order something online and do in store pick up do you still get clearance price
Online prices are different than store prices. You're better off going to the store and buying there. Unless you want to buy online, pick it up and ask for a price adjustment, but to answer your question it depends. Sometimes stores have their own prices independent from the site and other times if you put the zip code of the store you want to pick up from, the site will give you the discounted store price.

Checked today to see how much the TV's where scanning at. They were at the marked down prices, but I talked to one of the associates and they said they only had the other model that didn't have the same UPC. :c

Should I do an In store pick up even though they're showing up at $447 online store pick up?

Is there a way to browse for clearance deals at home?  Right now I just watch this thread and see if its in stock near me.

Lol, so apparently there is a laptop on clearance at one of my local Walmart Neighborhood Market stores (according to brickseek). Have no clue how that's even possible, and the only thing I can think of is if they somehow took a return on one? They only sell groceries though...

Went to a Walmart I've never been before and found some decent stuff!

Dead By Daylight (X1) - $22
Metroid Other M (Wii) - $15
Troll and I (X1) - $13
Project Cars 2 (PS4 & X1) - $45
Dishonored Death of the Outsider - $15
Resident Evil Revelations (X1) - $15
Batman Tell Tale Series (X360) - $15
Fallout 3 GOTY (X360) - $7
Naked Brothers Band (PS2) - $2

Almost bought the last one for the fun of it

Thinking about returning this 40” Samsung and getting that 55” Roku TCL tv instead. Or trying to sell this one locally for 200 bucks or something and help me and the buyer out since they’re sold out everywhere now

I'm not sure that's even worth it at $99 tbh... That said, 3 stores claim to have it in stock near me! :p
Yeah was hoping id be powerful enough for a plex server but apparently its just fast enough for 1 transcode at 1080p gonna have to wait for something else but a 21.5inch monitor and a 1tb hard drive might be worth it for 99$ have 3 around me cant diced if I should go grab one.

Had a horrible experience today. Attempted a return and rebuy at a store with a lower price. At first the CMS tried to deny me saying it wasn't allowed. I was polite and advised it had been done in the past. CSM said well let me see your receipt. She took it to the back for about 10 minutes. When she returned she said for the return rep to just let me do it. When she processed the return the price came up higher than what brickseek and the website were showing. They actually went in and changed the price so she could "win". Way to go CSM. Just returned the item and left
Confirmed the price update on brickseek a few minutes later. Douchiest thing I've seen in a while.

Had a horrible experience today. Attempted a return and rebuy at a store with a lower price. At first the CMS tried to deny me saying it wasn't allowed. I was polite and advised it had been done in the past. CSM said well let me see your receipt. She took it to the back for about 10 minutes. When she returned she said for the return rep to just let me do it. When she processed the return the price came up higher than what brickseek and the website were showing. They actually went in and changed the price so she could "win". Way to go CSM. Just returned the item and left
Confirmed the price update on brickseek a few minutes later. Douchiest thing I've seen in a while.
Lol i would have left fuming what did you try to rebuy? How much did she raise the price lol?

Return-rebuy has never worked for me at Walmart. Ever. I don't even bother with it anymore.
Same. If I can’t get it for the lowest price or get them to honor what scans on their app/website/in-store scanner, I leave it. Most Walmart employees I’ve dealt with (particularly in electronics) have been rather unhelpful, disinterested and sometimes downright rude in dealing with customers. Target has been much better to me in that respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the 40in samsung for 249 and did a return/rebuy at a different walmart to get it for 169. I just said i wanted to change what credit card i had it on. Brought in my store pick up slip with order # and also my serial #. The clerk said he can probably help me but called up a manager anyways. Still worked like a charm they made no comments on the price drop. Didnt think it would be so easy. Pretty YMMV tho

I tried buying the $3 flash drive. For what seems like a month and a half, walmart has been showing them as being $3 in store, but every time I go and ask for them, they tell me they don't have them. That all the flash drives they have are on the floor, nobody in the store wants to look in the back. I went to the customer service desk to see if they even have them in stock and she said she can't check in the register (which is weird because in another walmart I went to and did the same thing and he was able to check the skus for all the items I wanted to check stock for). Then when I checked the app it suddenly said that no walmart in a 50 mile radius had the flash drives. Brickseek still says they have 6 in stock. fuck it. I feel like something shady was going on because I kept getting told "we don't have them" while their own website and brickseek says they do and now suddenly they're out of stock at all stores?

I tried getting those $1.58 candles at the same store. Brickseek still says they have 4 in stock. The app says they have "limited stock". I checked the floor and they had none at all. I asked the lady if this was all they had and she said yes. I found a different version of the same scented candle. It occurred to me to try to get it price matched. I even went in line, but said fuck it because I would have been there for 20 minutes waiting in line based solely on the possibility of them price matching the candle. Wasted my time.

When I found the $3 flash drives they were on the peg with the other flash drives of the same size and same brand. The 3 dollar ones are an older model, packaging is different

bread's done
Back