Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just trying to let some of yall know the level of insane deals that are out there right now, without being over the top and posting detailed lists and brag pics of my hauls.

I just saw a lot of people in awe of a fairly crappy game being clearanced out for 3 cents. While that is of course not the norm at all, I have found plenty of games that are actually good/rare/desirable for sometimes pennies, but a lot more often pennies on the dollar, and wanted people to know they are out there.

I was also trying to encourage those who might not know as much about Walmart clearance but want to get in on some of these deals to do their homework, and be persistent in the search. I even tried to offer some tips to people who might be a little newer to the game.

But take it for what it's worth. It's funny with all of the drama going on in the Gamestop thread and the discussion about the site and what it has become nowadays, like many others, I have been quickly reminded about why I don't visit or post on this forum nearly as much as I used to.

But good luck to all of you looking to find deals by waiting on someone on this forum to spoon feed the information to you. I'm sure you'll eventually find one game for 25% off after spending all of your allowance driving around all day in your Mom's van blindly looking for games that are clearly marked as clearance.

irHeo4m.jpg

I was just trying to let some of yall know the level of insane deals that are out there right now, without being over the top and posting detailed lists and brag pics of my hauls.

But take it for what it's worth. It's funny with all of the drama going on in the Gamestop thread and the discussion about the site and what it has become nowadays, like many others, I have been quickly reminded about why I don't visit or post on this forum nearly as much as I used to.
Expressing your disdain for drama in a melodramatic fashion seems....paradoxical.

On a weird note, the one Walmart around here that was a Clearance honeypot (Iola, KS) has now un-Clearanced the remaining games.

The Last Guardian went from $10 to $39.99, FIFA 17 for PS3/360 went from to $10 to $29.99, etc.

The ancient stuff like FIFA 13 and NHL 11 are still $10, but anything relatively modern is back to pre-blowout prices.

On a weird note, the one Walmart around here that was a Clearance honeypot (Iola, KS) has now un-Clearanced the remaining games.

The Last Guardian went from $10 to $39.99, FIFA 17 for PS3/360 went from to $10 to $29.99, etc.

The ancient stuff like FIFA 13 and NHL 11 are still $10, but anything relatively modern is back to pre-blowout prices.
Same thing happened at my walmart. I was watching 2 copies of Dragon Quest Heroes II at $20, hoping they would drop to $10. They were removed from clearance and increased to $40 instead...

Got mt hands on one of the Samsung 40 in 4k tv's for $169. Brickseek showed none in stock was there looking for something else and wandered into electronics and there she was. Great picture.

I'm pretty sure most people know there are some good clearance deals to be had at Walmart... given we are posting in a thread about Walmart clearance games.

Same thing happened at my walmart. I was watching 2 copies of Dragon Quest Heroes II at $20, hoping they would drop to $10. They were removed from clearance and increased to $40 instead...
$15.99 for Gamersclub members this week at Bestbuy if you can settle for the middle of those two prices

Successfully got my store pickup of the 40" samsung, price adjusted to $169.   

Pro Tip:  If you are paying full price online to get order picked up at a store where it cost less, DO NOT USE PAYPAL!!!  It won't auto-adjust price when you pick it up.

Just realized this with my TV.  They had to do a complete refund and re-buy.  

I'm 2/2 on return/re-buys now.  Try not to look like a bum, be polite and it should work!

Pro Tip: If you are paying full price online to get order picked up at a store where it cost less, DO NOT USE PAYPAL!!! It won't auto-adjust price when you pick it up.

Just realized this with my TV. They had to do a complete refund and re-buy.

I'm 2/2 on return/re-buys now. Try not to look like a bum, be polite and it should work!
I might try this. Worst case return at full price for a refund if they won't price adjust.

65a281fd8a3fec18a4bc41aac4b8d0b6.jpg

cbb27b21f3e6cc42d503b8b4650848d8.jpg

Skylanders Imaginators Starter Pack $3
Dragonball Xenoverse $5
Payday $5
World of Final Fantasy $10
Puyo puyo Tetris $10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro Tip: If you are paying full price online to get order picked up at a store where it cost less, DO NOT USE PAYPAL!!! It won't auto-adjust price when you pick it up.

Just realized this with my TV. They had to do a complete refund and re-buy.

I'm 2/2 on return/re-buys now. Try not to look like a bum, be polite and it should work!
So it's now auto adjusting at pickup when using a credit/debit card? Nice.

I ordered one of the 40" online but it had the $169 price showing. However I guess they "sold out" so they ended up having one shipped to the store to fill my order.

So it's now auto adjusting at pickup when using a credit/debit card? Nice.

I ordered one of the 40" online but it had the $169 price showing. However I guess they "sold out" so they ended up having one shipped to the store to fill my order.
Don't quote me because I have never done either but I thought some had reported it auto adjusts if you pick up same day (they have it on the shelf) not if you ship to store.

I just checked my credit card statement and can report it did NOT auto adjust and give me the lower price when doing in store pickup. It said 'price reduced' at the register but it's been a week and still no credit back or anything. Not sure if it takes longer or if I'm going to have to return rebuy. Make sure to check!

Yeah, the only reason I said that was because someone had said they were only left with 190GB after installation, and since we had just mentioned a 250GB SSD, I was just doing the simple subtraction. The newer macOS systems supposedly use all of the available space on the drive (i.e., a 275GB Crucial MX300 SSD with Sierra on it makes available the full 275GB for usage), although it definitely wouldn’t surprise me if this wasn’t actually the case.
It’s really a matter of preference, honestly: if you don’t keep a lot of things (media, in particular) on your local drive and just use it for programs and gaming, 250GB is fine depending on how big the installations take. For instance, I had no idea Destiny 2 was a nearly 70GB install...that’s pretty damn big.
What can you do with 8GB left? This is an honest question, by the way...no snark intended. Even email and word processing/Office-like apps take up SOME space on the local drive...what the hell can you do with a laptop with a drive that size? I hate older MacBook Airs because they had 64GB SSDs in them and they always come in because people “run out of space”...it’s maddening!

Calm down, you act like this is a main computer. I don't store anything on it. I just do some word documents and internet from bed. Plus it had an SD card reader so I usually keep a spare 32gb card in if I need to transfer anything to/from my desktop. All in all, it is a cheap convenient laptop that does all it needs to.

I tried going to a Walmart that had the px24 headset down in the ghetto area, brickseek said they had 4 in stock. I saw home and one guy went to check the back when I asked about it and found none. He asked if I had checked the clearance area and I said yea but saw nothing. The only other store that might have any around me says 16 at full price. Not really sure why nothing could be found.

I tried going to a Walmart that had the px24 headset down in the ghetto area, brickseek said they had 4 in stock. I saw home and one guy went to check the back when I asked about it and found none. He asked if I had checked the clearance area and I said yea but saw nothing. The only other store that might have any around me says 16 at full price. Not really sure why nothing could be found.
I tried to go to a Walmart in the ghetto to get one of the $169 TVs. Drove into the parking lot, got lots of stares, found one parking space that had a bag of vomit sitting in it, turned around, went back home... I'm not cheap enough for that.

I tried to go to a Walmart in the ghetto to get one of the $169 TVs. Drove into the parking lot, got lots of stares, found one parking space that had a bag of vomit sitting in it, turned around, went back home... I'm not cheap enough for that.
How did you know there was vomit in the bag?

Whoa, I didn't know there was anywhere this was still true. This used to be true for me in like the late 90s or early 2000's.
Not sure what part of the country you're in, but here in SoCal it's rare to find a Walmart that DOESN'T have at least a small McDonald's booth with most of the menu available...It's common enough where I'm surprised at WM's I enter that don't have a place to grab a $1 ice cream cone.

Not sure what part of the country you're in, but here in SoCal it's rare to find a Walmart that DOESN'T have at least a small McDonald's booth with most of the menu available...It's common enough where I'm surprised at WM's I enter that don't have a place to grab a $1 ice cream cone.
In the chicagoland area, I've only seen subways.

I tried everywhere to get the Samsung or LG. I guess ill keep waiting.
I had to buy my hp desktop at a higher price and return/rebuy it to get the $250 price.

Speaking of my SSD and monitor showed up today so I got to fire the desktop up. Man that thing is fast compared to my MacBook with a HDD. If only I could dual boot it like the laptop, as I prefer Mac OS and my gf who's pretty computer illiterate only knows windows.

Don't worry afraid to go to Walmart people, I have neighbors that are afraid to check their mail. That's perfectly normal...
Maybe those neighbors are more afraid they will have to put a bullet in your butt, so it's easier to just avoid you than waste a bullet on you.

I passed on the walkers yesterday when they were 70, today they dropped to $35 and vanished (4). They never clearanced stuff in the past (still have $55 copies of Sing-It), but when they do, it immediately vanishes. My next closest store is much better... but no go :(

Destroyers all still $160 around me and Walkers show sold out everywhere. Only available for pickup at non discounted stores too. Will have to wait for a price drop and see what happens I guess!

I had to buy my hp desktop at a higher price and return/rebuy it to get the $250 price.

Speaking of my SSD and monitor showed up today so I got to fire the desktop up. Man that thing is fast compared to my MacBook with a HDD. If only I could dual boot it like the laptop, as I prefer Mac OS and my gf who's pretty computer illiterate only knows windows.
You can always throw an SSD in the MacBook, as well! That should extend the lifespan of that machine significantly, assuming there are no other major issues with it...

My local one has a Taco Bell and a Pizza Hut.

McDeath in a Walmart? That's weird.

Huh, we have Dunkin Donuts and banks in the northeast. Starbucks in Target.

You can always throw an SSD in the MacBook, as well! That should extend the lifespan of that machine significantly, assuming there are no other major issues with it...
I may do that in another year or so. It's a 2012 model and has never made me wish it was faster/stronger/more capable. I only use it for web browsing, light photo editing and storage. Really the desktop will have the same uses, but I got such a good deal on it I had to try out adding a SSD.

What desktop was this? I could use a new one myself.
HP Pavilion Power 580-023w. It's marketed as a gaming computer. It's in this thread around page 378ish. Originally I paired it with the 32" Samsung curved monitor, but that one didn't fit well on the computer desk I decided on. Now I have a 27" Viewsonic.

I may do that in another year or so. It's a 2012 model and has never made me wish it was faster/stronger/more capable. I only use it for web browsing, light photo editing and storage. Really the desktop will have the same uses, but I got such a good deal on it I had to try out adding a SSD.

HP Pavilion Power 580-023w. It's marketed as a gaming computer. It's in this thread around page 378ish. Originally I paired it with the 32" Samsung curved monitor, but that one didn't fit well on the computer desk I decided on. Now I have a 27" Viewsonic.
I tried to find the HP Pavilion Power 580-023w but no luck at all, here in SWFL. $250 was a steal. I just found the 32'' FullHD monitor. $99.

bread's done
Back