Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw the Pandemic board game at my Wal-Mart clearanced down to $19. Checked the app and saw I could get it for $9 if I did in-store pickup.

Just saw the Pandemic board game at my Wal-Mart clearanced down to $19. Checked the app and saw I could get it for $9 if I did in-store pickup.
Cool deal. Wish I could find that here near me. I would def order it for in store pickup. I checked the app but nothing resembling this deal -- I'll just wait and keep checking.

So hopefully I’m doing this right, but the 2 wm near me, one had 1 blu ray player left at 49. The other had 0 at 25. I bought the 49$, and plan to return rebuy at the other store. Is this the process that is said to work most of the time?

So hopefully I’m doing this right, but the 2 wm near me, one had 1 blu ray player left at 49. The other had 0 at 25. I bought the 49$, and plan to return rebuy at the other store. Is this the process that is said to work most of the time?
Yes. Just beware that in the time between when you return it and when you go back to buy it, it could be snatched up.

Once when I asked to change my payment method the lady increased the price of the game I was buying so it was just an even swap. Called her out on it but she wouldn't budge. Went to someone else the next day and had no problems.

Once when I asked to change my payment method the lady increased the price of the game I was buying so it was just an even swap. Called her out on it but she wouldn't budge. Went to someone else the next day and had no problems.
Wait, what? The associate returned the game to stock, rang it up again, saw it was cheaper in their system and automatically manually adjusted it so it would match the previous price? Damn...

Wait, what? The associate returned the game to stock, rang it up again, saw it was cheaper in their system and automatically manually adjusted it so it would match the previous price? Damn...
Yup lol. Some people hate giving customers good deals despite it doing nothing to them.

Just came back from doing a return rebuy with the 40in samsung tv told em i wanted to change my payment method. Reps Called over some managers because theyve never had this situation before they approved gave me my refund, were in disbelief of new price when it rang up i almost thought theu werent going to let me walk out but alas i did a happy camper.

Saturday nihht story time! Found the last vizio sound bar at a store on my runs today. Not 20 seconds after I picked it up and put it in my cart, a dude and his girlfriend walked down the aisle looking for the same thing. Dude started raging and said I only beat him to it because his girlfriend wanted taco bell before they got there lmao. He asked if I saw the deal on slickdeals too and said he was planning on reselling both (brickseek claimed they had 2), then wandered off to harass a manager about the missing one. When I got to the register in electronics the cashier freaked out when he saw it was only $35 and called his friend over to look. He said I was lucky he hasn't seen the deal earlier because he would have bought out the stock himself. Said thanks and gtfo of there. No wonder I can't usually find deals at that store.

I bought the blu ray player for 49$ from one store but they didn’t give me a receipt, now if I return rebuy won’t they only give me 25$?

Saturday nihht story time! Found the last vizio sound bar at a store on my runs today. Not 20 seconds after I picked it up and put it in my cart, a dude and his girlfriend walked down the aisle looking for the same thing. Dude started raging and said I only beat him to it because his girlfriend wanted taco bell before they got there lmao. He asked if I saw the deal on slickdeals too and said he was planning on reselling both (brickseek claimed they had 2), then wandered off to harass a manager about the missing one. When I got to the register in electronics the cashier freaked out when he saw it was only $35 and called his friend over to look. He said I was lucky he hasn't seen the deal earlier because he would have bought out the stock himself. Said thanks and gtfo of there. No wonder I can't usually find deals at that store.
There are TWO rules for being a clearance warrior:

1) Don't call and ask to check availability
2) Don't get Taco Bell!

Well I got myself a Samsung 4k TV now. At this point I am totally sick of dealing with Walmart employees though. Last weekend I went to about 4 or 5 different Walmarts that showed the 4k TV or Samsung monitor in stock. Every time the employees' reactions ranged from super rude and/or obviously lying about the stock to flat out refusing to check. One lady was like " Aww hell naw, if we had any of those TV's left I'd have bought them right up." and didn't check even though B.S. said there were two left and the app showed limited stock still available. She just said something about how earlier she entered in that there were 0 left so it shouldn't be showing any. Ended up not getting a TV or monitor after all my running around last weekend, all to stores that showed stock.

Finally, went to a Walmart in a nearby town on Friday and the young man there just said right away "let me check the back" and then came back with a TV. No hassle or sass or anything! Couldn't believe it.

This weekend, after realizing the TV didn't have analog audio output to work with my PC speakers and since my old sound bar just crapped out, I decided to try to get that sound bar.  I went to the only two Walmarts that weren't sold out (different Walmarts than the previous ones, mind you), one nearby and one that was about 40 minutes away that showed two in stock. As soon as I asked about it the lady was like, "Nope, we don't have any".  I told her that the Walmart app showed they had limited stock still available ( I don't bother showing them brickseek or mentioning the actual clearance price, since that just makes things worse in my experience). She went on about how the app is usually wrong, etc, and said it wasn't worth checking. I convinced her to scan the barcode and she grumpily admitted that it showed two in stock (same as brickseek). Then after more back and fourth she went back to "check" and came back some time later looking really angry and told me there weren't any. I assumed at that point she wouldn't have told me either way because my simply inquiring about it seemed to be a grievous insult, but I got some satisfaction from making her angrily waddle her way to the back. So I guess I am just going to stick with the built-in TV speakers for now or get an audio converter until I can get a good speaker solution on the cheap.

On a side note, I did find some other clearance items while on my journey. A Star Wars Battle on Scarif Lego set for $13, a 6600 mAh portable power pack for $5 and some R2D2 and BB8 Hasbro remote control droids which I think were about $20 each. I didn't pick up the droids, BUT I did check a Goodwill right next to my closest Walmart and I found a Hasbro BB8 Droid and a Spider-man homecoming drone (both still in box) for 9.99 and 14.99. I guess the Walmart nearest me just donates clearance stuff to the Goodwill, which might explain why it never has any clearance things left.

This doesn’t make sense to me. If they think they have inventory, the item would simply be available for in store pickup but the whole point to doing the return rebuy is that they only have it available for site to store...

Do you mean if brickseek shows one in stock as an inventory error but you cant do pickup from that store?
Even if brickseek shows 1 or 2, it will often not be available for "pickup today". But lately for me, items that actually have no stock in store will somehow show as "pickup today" at the store's clearance price, resulting in them honoring the price I ordered it at but me waiting for them to ship to store. No return/rebuy involved. Either someone actually bought it up that quick or extra stock still showing that allows it. Just reporting that they will ship to store at the same price when that happens.

Well I got myself a Samsung 4k TV now. At this point I am totally sick of dealing with Walmart employees though. Last weekend I went to about 4 or 5 different Walmarts that showed the 4k TV or Samsung monitor in stock. Every time the employees' reactions ranged from super rude and/or obviously lying about the stock to flat out refusing to check. One lady was like " Aww hell naw, if we had any of those TV's left I'd have bought them right up." and didn't check even though B.S. said there were two left and the app showed limited stock still available. She just said something about how earlier she entered in that there were 0 left so it shouldn't be showing any. Ended up not getting a TV or monitor after all my running around last weekend, all to stores that showed stock.

Finally, went to a Walmart in a nearby town on Friday and the young man there just said right away "let me check the back" and then came back with a TV. No hassle or sass or anything! Couldn't believe it.

This weekend, after realizing the TV didn't have analog audio output to work with my PC speakers and since my old sound bar just crapped out, I decided to try to get that sound bar. I went to the only two Walmarts that weren't sold out (different Walmarts than the previous ones, mind you), one nearby and one that was about 40 minutes away that showed two in stock. As soon as I asked about it the lady was like, "Nope, we don't have any". I told her that the Walmart app showed they had limited stock still available ( I don't bother showing them brickseek or mentioning the actual clearance price, since that just makes things worse in my experience). She went on about how the app is usually wrong, etc, and said it wasn't worth checking. I convinced her to scan the barcode and she grumpily admitted that it showed two in stock (same as brickseek). Then after more back and fourth she went back to "check" and came back some time later looking really angry and told me there weren't any. I assumed at that point she wouldn't have told me either way because my simply inquiring about it seemed to be a grievous insult, but I got some satisfaction from making her angrily waddle her way to the back. So I guess I am just going to stick with the built-in TV speakers for now or get an audio converter until I can get a good speaker solution on the cheap.

On a side note, I did find some other clearance items while on my journey. A Star Wars Battle on Scarif Lego set for $13, a 6600 mAh portable power pack for $5 and some R2D2 and BB8 Hasbro remote control droids which I think were about $20 each. I didn't pick up the droids, BUT I did check a Goodwill right next to my closest Walmart and I found a Hasbro BB8 Droid and a Spider-man homecoming drone (both still in box) for 9.99 and 14.99. I guess the Walmart nearest me just donates clearance stuff to the Goodwill, which might explain why it never has any clearance things left.
Could I get the model/upc/sku or something for that battery backup so I can search my area for one?

Hey guys was able to find the Lego Minecraft Ocean Monument set on clearance for $30 down from $120 at my local walmart. http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=405515204
I've given up on finding clearance games or electronics at Walmart, but the toy clearance has allowed me to add various action figures that I would have never intended to buy anyway to my collection. I bought several of the Walmart exclusive Kong: Skull Island action figure sets yesterday for $2.50 each at my local store. I assume that merchandise from that movie wasn't a big favorite with the kids last year. The plastic looks cheap and it smells funny, so I hope I don't pass out while reenacting my favorite scenes from the movie with them. But there's a Samuel L. Jackson figure that comes with a shotgun and a billy club and a random dinosaur. Score!

Extreme YMMV but it appears that on Friday, Walmart dropped a literal ton of Wii, 3ds & Vita games (possibly other consoles) to 3 cents so they can be sent back to warehouse for rebates.  Of course since most WM employees dont care, the games are available for purchase on the floor.

It seems to vary by store right now so i'd recommend using the app to see what games a store has and if it doesnt show prices on the app, look em up on brickseek.  Sadly only game i've found is a copy of Metroid Other M (they showed Fortune Street & Sin/Punishment 2 as well, but apparently those already got sent back) 

Games I've seen drop so far:

Wii - Fortune Street

Wii - Metroid Other M

Wii - Sin & Punishment 2

3ds - Monster Hunter 3 

3ds - Tetris Axis

Vita - Madden 13

Wii U - Sonic Boom

Extreme YMMV but it appears Friday Walmart dropped a literal ton of Wii, 3ds & Vita games (possibly other consoles) to 3 cents so they can be sent back to warehouse for rebates. Of course since most WM employees dont care, the games are available for purchase on the floor.

It seems to vary by store right now so i'd recommend using the app to see what games a store has and if it doesnt show prices on the app, look em up on brickseek. Sadly only game i've found is a copy of Metroid Other M (they showed Fortune Street & Sin/Punishment 2 as well, but apparently those already got sent back)
Thanks for the heads up. Will have to go down and see what my local store has but will likely only check the clearance bins as I doubt a blue shirt will sell a 3 cent game out of the case.

Verified through Brickseek that the 3 titles you mentioned are $0.03 at several stores in my area.

Brickseek is the most unreliable inventory tracker.

Went to like 4 walmarts that all showed the yankee candle in stock. One store showed 13 in stock. Went there got not one. Samething for the LG TV brickseek showed 3 in stock, went and none.

My laptop showed limited stock 0 called and they had one.

I feel like there is 12-24 hour window where the clearance prices occur and the pick up today option for in store items is still available for the clearence price. Has that been anyone else’s experience?

Went to like 4 walmarts that all showed the yankee candle in stock. One store showed 13 in stock. Went there got not one. Samething for the LG TV brickseek showed 3 in stock, went and none.

Sometimes brickseek is wrong, but I’ve found that more than brickseek it’s usually just Walmart not putting things out. More than likely if it said there is 11, they probably have a box of them in the back room. I would try checking the app.

Sometimes brickseek is wrong, but I’ve found that more than brickseek it’s usually just Walmart not putting things out. More than likely if it said there is 11, they probably have a box of them in the back room. I would try checking the app.
Its almost impossible for me to get a employee to check the back room let alone even look up my UPC or sku numbers. Few do. Most will say all we have is whats on display without even looking.

That's why I prefer to call if its not a store that is local. That was my guess too that its in the back room.

Nice catch on the 3 cent games. I have a few stores that have some and will be checking them out tomorrow to see if I can score any.

Extreme YMMV but it appears that on Friday, Walmart dropped a literal ton of Wii, 3ds & Vita games (possibly other consoles) to 3 cents so they can be sent back to warehouse for rebates. Of course since most WM employees dont care, the games are available for purchase on the floor.

It seems to vary by store right now so i'd recommend using the app to see what games a store has and if it doesnt show prices on the app, look em up on brickseek. Sadly only game i've found is a copy of Metroid Other M (they showed Fortune Street & Sin/Punishment 2 as well, but apparently those already got sent back)

Games I've seen drop so far:

Wii - Fortune Street

Wii - Metroid Other M

Wii - Sin & Punishment 2

3ds - Monster Hunter 3

3ds - Tetris Axis

Vita - Madden 13

Wii U - Sonic Boom
Bound by Flame (PS4) was also $0.03 at my local store. I scanned a whole bunch of other games (including Vita, PSP, Wii, WiiU and PS3) but they all scanned at regular or regular clearance price. The Bound By Flame was tagged $15 by the way.

I ended up getting that plus a copy of Robinson: The Journey (PS4) for $19.96 which was also in the bargain bin. Got those and some OJ in the self check out. Bound By Flame was M-rated so it prompted the clerk to enter her code to allow the sale but she didn't even look at the price on the screen it seemed.

There was no sign of any of the Wii games even though BS said Fortune Street had multiple copies. Probably in the back somewhere.

To the guy at the Denton store that was harassing the employees and being a loud prick, demanding the employee open every case to find the games because Brickseek shows them in stock, then directly blaming the employee for "hiding them to buy them for themselves", I hope you trip and hit a cactus with your dick.

Right ways and wrong ways to do things.

Also, the other walmart I was at said even though they had it in stock, they pulled them off the floor already and can't sell them so even if Brickseek shows them in stock, they may not be for sale.

yeah i drove 30 miles up to a store with very little hope I was going to succeed through the employee checking me out...and hilariously enough he said "naw, no way these games are $0.03..*removes from transaction (my hopes shattered)..checks walmart app for price...* Holy shit they are $0.03! *scans all of them back in." BEHOLD! [attachment=29371:Screenshot_20180128-102513.jpg]

Those 3 cent games are a hit or miss as I went and bought a game and there was a price tag of $15 for the game but I scanned at their price scanners and it came up 3 cent for the tag and the barcode at the back. Cashier scanned it a couple of times until it came to be 3 cent then called manager to price it back to $15 dollars. I then went to return it as it was such a waste of time. I will not trust these 3 cent games because the employees will only raise the price back up. 

Those 3 cent games are a hit or miss as I went and bought a game and there was a price tag of $15 for the game but I scanned at their price scanners and it came up 3 cent for the tag and the barcode at the back. Cashier scanned it a couple of times until it came to be 3 cent then called manager to price it back to $15 dollars. I then went to return it as it was such a waste of time. I will not trust these 3 cent games because the employees will only raise the price back up.
Mgrs hate losing money. Unless they know you, like you, and/or trust you'll come back and spend a boatload of money in their dept, you gonna get the shaft

other option...AVOID DOING ANYTHING WHILE THE MANAGER IS EVEN IN THE DEPT!

Depends on the employee man, that’s why it’s a YMMV kinda deal. Sorry it didn’t go your way tho.

Depends on the employee man, that’s why it’s a YMMV kinda deal. Sorry it didn’t go your way tho.
I'd say 80% chance if the mgr is in close proximity to the employee checking you out, employee dude gonna ensure he doesn't get fired for selling games that are "supposed to be destroyed"

Mgrs hate losing money. Unless they know you, like you, and/or trust you'll come back and spend a boatload of money in their dept, you gonna get the shaft

other option...AVOID DOING ANYTHING WHILE THE MANAGER IS EVEN IN THE DEPT!
I even went to the fast checkout at the front as the game had plastic cover over it not the game electronic checkout. It was a customer service manager as well so total BS.

BS pulls their data directly from WM. Their tracker is fine, it's Walmarts system that is bad.

Why not just take them to self checkout? If it scans and processes the transaction you're all legit lawful and not stealing. Screw letting a employee have discretion. If it has a locked case just ask to remove it and pretend to grocery shop and say you wan to go self checkout only. Tell them you can watch you or scan them in yourself. Just tell them to piss of if they try to alter it.

If its on the sales floor and scans in their system they can get in trouble for denying the sale. They tried to deny me penny guides because they were supposed to be destroyed. I said oh yeah well there on the sales floor and not destroyed, it scans in the system with a price, and Im a customer wanting to purchase them. Asked for number to corporate. Employee changed their mind and made the sale.

If walmart wanted the employee to have discretion then they should keep more then 2 registers open with one employee running the whole self checkout.

Why not just take them to self checkout? If it scans and processes the transaction you're all legit lawful and not stealing. Screw letting a employee have discretion. If it has a locked case just ask to remove it and pretend to grocery shop and say you wan to go self checkout only. Tell them you can watch you or scan them in yourself. Just tell them to piss of if they try to alter it.

If its on the sales floor and scans in their system they can get in trouble for denying the sale. They tried to deny me penny guides because they were supposed to be destroyed. I said oh yeah well there on the sales floor and not destroyed, it scans in the system with a price, and Im a customer wanting to purchase them. Asked for number to corporate. Employee changed their mind and made the sale.

If walmart wanted the employee to have discretion then they should keep more then 2 registers open with one employee running the whole self checkout.
If they had self checkout at my local Walmart, they would have more theft than they already do. Would be nice though.

Dang every wal-mart near me in FL has self checkout. They started cutting of cashiers. They will keep 2 registers open with cashiers and have one of them run self checkout on each side of the store. Which is like half a dozen on each side. That being said when the stores hit their busy periods they do get delayed in all checkouts.

I don't understand why they even built so many regular checkouts when the company is clearly intending to not run that many at once, they are focused on cutting labor.

Dang every wal-mart near me in FL has self checkout. They started cutting of cashiers. They will keep 2 registers open with cashiers and have one of them run self checkout on each side of the store. Which is like half a dozen on each side. That being said when the stores hit their busy periods they do get delayed in all checkouts.

I don't understand why they even built so many regular checkouts when the company is clearly intending to not run that many at once, they are focused on cutting labor.
yeah, new walmarts and targets open and they all have 35+ checkout lanes, and i just wonder what the point is. even on black friday they have only 5 or 6 open. they clearly want to eliminate cashiers, why cant they put store pickup in that area instead of going to the back (at walmart anyway)

If they had self checkout at my local Walmart, they would have more theft than they already do. Would be nice though.
doubtful, there is a camera pointed right at you and a monitor showing you on camera, the self checkouts are in a square fashion with one entrance and one exit, and a customer service rep around the whole time. im sure theft still happens, but you also make it easier for them to persecute you.

Use self checkou Next time pay and then ask to remove the plastic case lol

bread's done
Back