Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel better now about not being able to make the rounds now. WNY stuff gets scooped up fast or the inventory is grossly off
No kidding! I think it's a mix of both. Either way, I did go back for the Batman VR to flip and managed to find a copy of Little Nightmares on X1 for $10 at another location I didn't hit this morning. Still no luck on notebooks or $.03 games.

Keep seeing all these people getting Wii and 360 games shees, my two closest WM's done even sell either anymore unless you get super lucky and find one shoved in back of the budget sections or something. The one about 25min out near my kid's school used to be my go-to but then the renovated the store and while it's much nicer now it sucks for gaming stuff because they gutted it a few times last year.

Saw several PS4 games marked down today but passed on all of them.

Syberia 3 - $5

Final Fantasy XIV CE - $30

The Witcher CE - $25

Doom VR - $15

Werewolves Within(not marked, but I scanned with the WM app) - $10

Starblood Arena - $10

WWE 18 Gold Ed. - $45

There were a few others that I can't remember. I originally went in to pick up an online order and after doing so they gave me a 10% off coupon for my next online order. Figured I would check out the electronics section to see if I could find the 40" tv that was supposedly in stock at that store, but no luck finding it. I am not really in the market for another tv, but for that price it would be hard to pass up. 

I saw a couple of ds games that's been listed on here but whenever I did a search for the price in the app it came back "unavailable".

Did any of you have to dig in big round bins to find these games? The store I went to, which I've only been to a few times in my life just had a big round bin for games under $20. Half the games were ok condition and then the other half were beat up plastic and some with no plastic seal with security tape seal still on the side. Then some even had no seal or tape seal, weirdest thing I've ever seen, how can they sell opened games?
Anyway I'm surprised I didn't find the games that were supposed to be there. Also I brought along a phone that I just got the Walmart app for on the way there and finally set it up while in store only to find out the scanning isn't available in that store or any near me for that matter. How is price scanning not available in certain stores, that makes no sense to me.
Scanning wasn't working for me today at my local Walmart, but it was working earlier this week.

Syberia 3 - $5

The Witcher CE - $25

Doom VR - $15

Starblood Arena - $10

WWE 18 Gold Ed. - $45

There were a few others that I can't remember. I originally went in to pick up an online order and after doing so they gave me a 10% off coupon for my next online order. Figured I would check out the electronics section to see if I could find the 40" tv that was supposedly in stock at that store, but no luck finding it. I am not really in the market for another tv, but for that price it would be hard to pass up.

I saw a couple of ds games that's been listed on here but whenever I did a search for the price in the app it came back "unavailable".
That Witcher 3 CE would be a pretty good price at 25. Best Buy stopped selling them on their site, and the value holds around 35-40 new, atleast on Amazon.

Does it show as 25 on Brickseek for you? I have a store near me with 2 in stock but listed at 30

That Witcher 3 CE would be a pretty good price at 25. Best Buy stopped selling them on their site, and the value holds around 35-40 new, atleast on Amazon.

Does it show as 25 on Brickseek for you? I have a store near me with 2 in stock but listed at 30
Yeah, shows 3 in stock. Only noticed 1 in the case though. I already own it on the XO, that's why I passed on it.

Employee refused to sell me the 40" Samsung because the upc barcode was destroyed. However, there was a shipping sticker on the side of the box w/ the upc number (not barcode), and I asked that they enter the upc number. They did so but then I was told "it's TOO cheap, we can't sell it for $79". Didn't help some moron put a price sticker for the mu6300 on the box (the clearance model is the mu6290), would then they also kept arguing that the tv was actually $448.

Striking out like a maf'k, though not because there isn't stock available. Brb "we can't sell it to you cuz it's TOO cheap". This is what they told me about that $79 samsung TV. Didn't help some idiot put a price sticker for the mu6300 on the box (the version on clearance is the mu6290). It actually rang up $79, but they refused to sell it.
Wtf? How are they allowed to deny the sale of a product based on what they think is too cheap?

Witcher 3 CE isn’t really a great deal at $25 tbh. It’s $14.99 at toys r us I think. I know it’s been $25 several times at GS.

Wouldn’t argue with you but I bought one at a local store for $15 and flipped it on eBay and only got around $25. It’s a good deal if you actually want it though to play

Wtf? How are they allowed to deny the sale of a product based on what they think is too cheap?
Edited post to clarify some things. I understand them being skeptical as the upc barcode was messed up, but when it had been established it was the mu6290, yeah they shot me down.

Syberia 3 - $5
The Witcher CE - $25
Doom VR - $15
Starblood Arena - $10
WWE 18 Gold Ed. - $45

Syberia 3 was supposed to be a hot mess but if there were patches that fixed its issues, I'd be into it for 5 bucks.

my walmart put out a buttload of Xbox One Games.

I was on my lunch break so this was all I was able to get. Hopefully they have some stuff left when I get paid tomorrow.

F4P05IJ.jpg

No 3 cent games at my local Walmart. I assume that most of these were clearanced out by the store manager when they had a $3 game sale at that store. I remember buying Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance with the Walmart exclusive soundtrack there during that sale last year for that price.

I picked up some more toys tonight for pennies on the dollar - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Micro Mutants, Halo Wars 2 Mega Construx, and another Kong: Skull Island helicopter since Hasbro refuses to relaunch the G.I.Joe toy line.

However, I was able to get a price adjustment on some action figures that had been clearanced and then dropped further without having to do a return and rebuy. I have a few more items like that that I plan to get adjustments on this weekend. Walmart is much easier to deal with than Target in that regard.

Has anyone posted any of their 3 cent games in the trade forum yet? I'm always looking to expand the Wii/PS3/360 backlog.

How's the Tritton Kama Gaming Headset for ps4? A bunch of walmarts are selling it for $7. Anybody know how good it is?

A walmart a few miles from me is selling the HP Omen 800 Gaming Headset for $15.

Well hit up the Wal Mart about 30min away and they had a clearance bin!  Woohoo!  Mine never does that.  Got Pokemon Y (was looking for this for my Son's bday coming up!!!!) for $22 and Resident Evil 7 for $11.  Had a bunch of other stuff but was either stuff didn't want or wasn't good enough price yet.  Rise of Tomb Raider was also $11 so may pick that up next time, had some Wii U games but were all around $30 plus like Splatoon and Paper Mario.  

Odd thing was, Metroid Other M was in there too and was on clearance for $16.  I figured I'd risk getting in trouble and scratch off the clearance sticker covering the barcode on the back and see if it would ring up as .3 but nope it rang up for $30 haha.  Oh well.  I've seen people say the Bowers edition of Mario Party was super cheap though and saw one shoved in the back of the normal case so may head back and have them scan that another day.

Tons of other good stuff though, got a starter bow for my boys that has really good reviews for only $11 and they had extra arrows for it for $1.50.  Got some jammies for my youngest and some $3 for 6 packs of socks for my older kids since they're about out.

Now, need to decide if I want to hit up the WM that's 30 min in the other direction tomorrow haha.  Neither are showing stuff like the curved monitor or Samsung TV in stock but both showed "limited - 0" so will be checking anyway never know.

I've seen people say the Bowers edition of Mario Party was super cheap though and saw one shoved in the back of the normal case so may head back and have them scan that another day.
Just use brickseek to look at that store's pricing. It should be accurate even if they availability portion is wrong.

Puyo Puyo Tetris $8
R.B.G. Baseball 17 $5
Payday 2 $5
Stardew Valley $3
Road to Boruto $5

b91be703d081783c8e4b0964e129cda7.jpg

4306da8178e57e3187b3e915efc93d0e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Searched for the Switch titles. Normal prices here, but thanks anyway. Would have loved Puyo Tetris for my wife. Legit almost bought it two days ago.

Remind me again the difference between 0 - Limited Stock and 0 - Out of Stock and -1 - Out of Stock

I was denied that laptop by a teen employee yesterday, brickseek showed 2, his scanner showed 2 and likely the price cause his eyes lit up and he said “we probably sold one today and the other one would be that one (points at display... but that specific laptop wasn’t one of the display models)” like wouldn’t even check the cage behind him.

I was on the fence, probably a sign from above, it’s been years and years since I had to use a computer without an SSD.

Edit: it’s 768p resolution on a damn 16” screen, kid did me a favor.

Just bought a lego Jakku quadjumper for $10. Great for my little brother. Looks like a bunch of other legos and toys are dropping to clearance.

Anyone have the brickseek link for any of the culturefly boxes? I've search google, Walmart and brickseek and all I've come up with is that $40-$50 mystery Mario box that I've never even heard of or seen and isn't listed as being at any stores.

Just sold that copy of Kirby Return to Dream Land for the Wii I found on Monday for $41 on eBay. After shipping and fees that's still a ROI of 10,000+ percent.  :D/

Bless those 3 cent games, lol.

Your Wal-Mart had Kirby Return to Dreamland? You lucky S.O.B.! I've only got that one digitally, and I hate to dig out my Wii U to play it.

If anyone wants a projector, most stores around me has the Anker Nebula Mars Lite (no access to android, generic non-JBL speakers) for $249, but the one closest to me has it for $180.

Grabbed it to test. Text is readable (something most cheap projectors suck at) has hdmi, bluetooth and usb playback, as well as built in miracast and from what I can find, 1280x800 native resolution (slightly higher than 720P), 500 lumens, 1000:1 contrast and a 3 hour battery life.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=449153899

I was going to wait on it... but my local walmart is having a "clearance event" which means EVERYTHING/all stock is outside and I doubt it would last long enough for another drop.

Holy shit I just found a $79 LG!
So I never planned on buying one of these, but I was looking out for a friend. He raced to Walmart and I went with him to CS. It was showing out of stock so he was worried they would screw him.

He immediately says before she scans it "this was listed back there at a different price but it was $79 on the website, will I get it at that price?" I was in awe. I even scanned it with the Walmart app to show him earlier he shouldn't be worried and it'll ring up as $79.

She scanned it, saw it was $79 and said "well looks like we have it at the cheaper price" and let him pay.

Definitely too weak-willed to be a CAG. :p

Should’ve shown them Walmart’s website, when you choose in store it shows the $79 price point for each store

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-40-Class-4K-2160P-Smart-LED-TV-UN40MU6290/860521932
I found that out after the fact, late yesterday night. Thanks for the heads up though.

On a side note, there is a way on walmart.com to find the upc if you do ctrl+U and then ctrl+F "wupc" on the page that loads. The upc should be the number that just proceeds the search results. This is on the desktop site. Can also type in view-source:https://walmart.com/xxxxxxx and do the same thing on mobile. Could be useful if you can't find the upc by looking up the item on brickseek.

Sunday:

Bound by Flame (PS4) x 4

Metroid: Other M (WII) x 4

Kirby Epic Yarn (WII) x4

Warioware (DS) x5

Monday:

Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii) x1

Tuesday:

Skylanders Imaginators Portal Owners Pack (X1) x 1....this was $3.00

Steel Diver (DS) x4

Personal Trainer Walking (DS) x2

Warioware (DS) x2

Glory of Heracles (DS) x3

Kirby's Epic Yarn (WII) x4

Sin & Punishment (WII) x3

Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii) x3

Metal Gear Rising (PS3) x1

Metal Gear Rising (360) x1

Wednesday:

Sonic: The Lost World (3DS) x4

The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4) x2

Wolf Among Us (PS4) x1

Wolf Among Us (X1) x1

Metal Gear Rising (PS3) x1

All from 5 stores
Wanna help a CAG'er out with Kirby and Wario?

got one of the samsung tvs! brickseek had been saying there were four at a walmart half an hour away for $169, and within the hour that they dropped to $79 I went over there and nabbed one  :D/ also got four copies of metroid other m the other day for thirteen cents so it has been quite the cheap ass week  :D

bread's done
Back