Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Remind me again the difference between 0 - Limited Stock and 0 - Out of Stock and -1 - Out of Stock

I was denied that laptop by a teen employee yesterday, brickseek showed 2, his scanner showed 2 and likely the price cause his eyes lit up and he said “we probably sold one today and the other one would be that one (points at display... but that specific laptop wasn’t one of the display models)” like wouldn’t even check the cage behind him.

I was on the fence, probably a sign from above, it’s been years and years since I had to use a computer without an SSD.

Edit: it’s 768p resolution on a damn 16” screen, kid did me a favor.
Well, there is a thing called a cross referenced item at Walmart. So your model number might not have been on display, but the model that was on display could have easily been cross referenced with your model, which basically means they share an on hand. It’s not uncommon for laptops or televisions to have 4+ models all cross referenced into one SKU. Which sucks, because someone may be looking for one of Model A and our system says we have 6, but Model A/B/C/D are all cross referenced and there may be 0 of Model A and 6 of Model C.

Well, there is a thing called a cross referenced item at Walmart. So your model number might not have been on display, but the model that was on display could have easily been cross referenced with your model, which basically means they share an on hand. It’s not uncommon for laptops or televisions to have 4+ models all cross referenced into one SKU. Which sucks, because someone may be looking for one of Model A and our system says we have 6, but Model A/B/C/D are all cross referenced and there may be 0 of Model A and 6 of Model C.
So these 6300 model tvs are showing on brickseek when we pull the sku for the 6290 since theyre the same tv it sounds like.....

So these 6300 model tvs are showing on brickseek when we pull the sku for the 6290 since theyre the same tv it sounds like.....
According to what I've read, the 6300 is the same TV as the 6290, except that the 6300 has a different Smart remote and Bluetooth built in. You can apparently get BT on the 6290 but you have to go into the Service Menu.

All this mess reminds me of how many people had to show Walmart their own fucking price match policy. "We don't price match Amazon." YES. YOU DO. "We don't price match if it's not in a physical newspaper ad." YES. YOU DO. They would hound and be shitty towards people just asking them to honor their own policies.
I thought Walmart ended their price matching policy a few months ago?

I really dont get being so indignant over not getting a game for 3 cents. they are not on sale, they were being priced out to make the loss of moving them from sale as small as possible. employees were told to remove them from stock. clearly they did not, on many occasions, but that doesnt mean youre entitled to a game for free. it would just be nice to profit from their mistake. 

yes, it absolutely does trigger alarm bells for a mario, kirby, 3ds, ps4, xbox one, hell even an xbox 360 game like metal gear being 3 cents. any video game for that matter. you dont sell something for 3 cents. money is lost in the process of making a sale for 3 cents, not even considering the value of the product itself. people who manage to get these games should consider themselves lucky, people who dont get sold these games should consider it sensible, if unfortunate. if they actually these games to be sold at an incredibly low price they wouldve put them in a big bin like they do all the garbage dvds. and wouldve cost some actual dollars even still, not 3 cents. 

They don't care. Hell, I've dealt with a lot of them before too. To them, it's a paycheck, and because for a lot of them it's their main source of income, they could care less. They're also some of the biggest assholes I've ever seen. They'll badger employees, get shitty if they won't price match or go look in back, and tell anyone to fuck off that tells them they're not wrong in wanting to take advantage, they're just being dicks. Don't care. But the MOMENT you try and negotiate with THEM on the stuff THEY bought for cheap and want full price for? Nope. Hell, most times because they can just return what they don't sell, there's no risk of loss.
For sure for sure... doesn't mean I still wouldn't call them out though. Unfortunately for me I definitely have some people who scout out deals around here, but it's not too bad and I rarely run into people hoarding deals... What's unfortunate is I know for sure I have actual employees who do the same. During the SNES Classic pre-Christmas craze I was trying to find one for my nieces (my kids just use my PC and emulators) and brickseek was showing four so I ran over. It's about 5min from my house so took me maybe 8min total to get out the door, over there and in the back of the store. I get there and the dude's like "yeah no we definitely don't have any more I just bought the last two. GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Don’t worry. If GameStop allowed 20 copies of the same game to be traded in and the TIV on these 3-cent games was decent, most of the users of this forum wouldn’t think twice about buying 20 copies from a Walmart for that purpose. The attitude about resellers versus flipping games to GS is hilariously hypocritical although both are for personal gain.
My first thought, I wonder how many of these same folks we saw last year making their rounds to several Gamestop’s trading in and rebuying with that b2g1/70% bump where a few claimed to have made a thousand or two

Well everyone knows I'm a reseller (or professional flipper though that's sounds a bit insulting).

Not to go too deep into the debate but I do buy out stock on clearance items. The way I see it, these items have been in the stores for months to years and no one wanted it. I'm going to sell it for (obviously more than I paid) below MSRP as that's how you stay competitive. If I'm in the store and others see my cart and want some items, I'm ok to give a few away. But I buy out not because I'm greedy but because this is my living. I'm ok to be nice with deals (hell, I started this thread and share deals and advice all the time) but I also like to pay my bills and not worry about debt.

But not all resellers are the same.
What I tend to have more of a problem with are when people buy out in-demand items. Clearance items I still don't feel right about completely clearing out, but much more acceptable for sure. And you definitely seem like much more of a cool person than most about it so kudos for that. I've just been, and somewhat still am, in a situation where I personally benefit greatly from clearance items to where I can afford items for my kids or myself that I normally would not. So it's just disheartening sometimes knowing there's other people out there like me.

My first thought, I wonder how many of these same folks we saw last year making their rounds to several Gamestop’s trading in and rebuying with that b2g1/70% bump where a few claimed to have made a thousand or two
I've done pretty well at GS in the past but I'm always suspicious of those 'zomg just walked out with 3k of trade credit lawlz'. The amount of stuff you'd have to trade would be astronomical to get numbers like some people are claiming.

I've done pretty well at GS in the past but I'm always suspicious of those 'zomg just walked out with 3k of trade credit lawlz'. The amount of stuff you'd have to trade would be astronomical to get numbers like some people are claiming.
I'm thinking the days of those types of numbers are over...

What I tend to have more of a problem with are when people buy out in-demand items.
Hopefully you aren't interested in PC gaming, as people who just want a graphics card for gaming purposes are getting the shaft right now. Unlike pretty much any other electronic device, there isn't a huge GPU selection to begin with and with the shortage (due to freaking miners) the price has literally gone up 100%.

For everyone finding 3 cent games, I wanted to ask. Were these new games you hadn't seen before that were being clearanced or was it based on the inventory your store already had? I'm only asking because I'm seeing DS and Wii games on these lists and all my local Wal-Mart's stopped carrying those a long time ago.

For everyone finding 3 cent games, I wanted to ask. Were these new games you hadn't seen before that were being clearanced or was it based on the inventory your store already had? I'm only asking because I'm seeing DS and Wii games on these lists and all my local Wal-Mart's stopped carrying those a long time ago.
For the one game I was able to buy, I had noticed it there on the rack before in the one time I had gone there before to search for games. I guess absolutely nobody wanted it because it had been there at least a year between those two visits.

I'm looking for these 3 cent games:

Fling smash with the wii mote

Fortune Street

Sin and Punishment 2

Golden Sun Dark Dawn

Glory of Heracles

Dragon Quest IX

castlevania lords of shadow

mario tennis open

castlevania 360

metal gear ps3

Little Leauge 2010

Fifa Brazil 2014

Bound By Flame ps4

I have these to trade:

Metroid Other M

Spirit Camera

Kirby Epic Yarn

Legend of Korra

Top Dog Rodeo (xbox360)

fifa 13 vita

regular show 3ds

Samauri Warriors

Tiger Woods PGA 13 (xbox 360)

Rythem Heaven Fever

Steel Diver

Persona 4 Arena ps3

Bought 4 of the Razer Holiday Bundles for store pickup. Got ready to pickup email at 8pm. At 8:30 I got a "your refund has been processed" email. Wtf.

my store is loaded with that omen stuff. hopefully they drop the prices soon

The only deal I have been able to get is Legend of Korra for $.03 so if anyone wants the game for trade, let me know.  I am looking for the 3ds Layton and Flingsmash/any Wiimote plus pack-in game but willing to trade for others too.

I'm looking for these 3 cent games:
Fling smash with the wii mote
Fortune Street
Sin and Punishment 2
Golden Sun Dark Dawn
Glory of Heracles
Dragon Quest IX
castlevania lords of shadow
mario tennis open
castlevania 360
metal gear ps3
Little Leauge 2010
Fifa Brazil 2014
Bound By Flame ps4

I have these to trade:
Metroid Other M
Spirit Camera
Kirby Epic Yarn
Legend of Korra
Top Dog Rodeo (xbox360)
fifa 13 vita
regular show 3ds
Samauri Warriors
Tiger Woods PGA 13 (xbox 360)
Rythem Heaven Fever
Steel Diver
Persona 4 Arena ps3
Sent you a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully you aren't interested in PC gaming, as people who just want a graphics card for gaming purposes are getting the shaft right now. Unlike pretty much any other electronic device, there isn't a huge GPU selection to begin with and with the shortage (due to freaking miners) the price has literally gone up 100%.
I've read about that and I do game on PC (as well as consoles and handhelds). I'm actually up for a new build soon too, probably later this year or early next year so hopefully it'll even out a bit by then.

I've read about that and I do game on PC (as well as consoles and handhelds). I'm actually up for a new build soon too, probably later this year or early next year so hopefully it'll even out a bit by then.
I've heard of one retailer offering to sell gpus at msrp if you also buy the rest of your build components through them, I wonder if those cards with no display ports ever came out for miners

Going to try my luck this weekend.  Struck out at all the Walmarts around here and so going to try luck elsewhere.  Hopefully I'm not just wasting my time.

My Walmart put out some grey bins with games but they were all $15-20 for the bigger systems and around $10 for 3ds games like monster hunter generations. The only 2 games I wanted were TMNT Manhattan for $20 and bulletstorm for $15. Still more than I wanna pay for those 2 games, had they been $5 cheaper each I probably would have gotten 1 or both. Hopefully they drop in price before they're gone otherwise I'll just have to wait some more.

My store also has the Yoshi game with pink amiibo for $40 still, along with the toad game for the same, not sure why these don't drop in price.

Also even though brickseek says no stores have any of the cultrefly boxes around me, I saw a few Nintendo and Zelda boxes. But they are still $30, lame.

My Walmart put out some grey bins with games but they were all $15-20 for the bigger systems and around $10 for 3ds games like monster hunter generations. The only 2 games I wanted were TMNT Manhattan for $20 and bulletstorm for $15. Still more than I wanna pay for those 2 games, had they been $5 cheaper each I probably would have gotten 1 or both. Hopefully they drop in price before they're gone otherwise I'll just have to wait some more.

My store also has the Yoshi game with pink amiibo for $40 still, along with the toad game for the same, not sure why these don't drop in price.

Also even though brickseek says no stores have any of the cultrefly boxes around me, I saw a few Nintendo and Zelda boxes. But they are still $30, lame.
Haven't seen anybody even mention those being clearanced yet, what kind of prices are people finding? Last I saw mine are all full price unless they just haven't updated stickers yet. Tried brickseek search nothing is coming up.

Not sure if you'll find any that still have them in stock at this point, but Target had both of those games on clearance within the last six months of $14.98 (TMNT) and $5.98 (Bulletstorm), at least for :ps4:. A quick peek at Target's website shows them back up to full MSRP again, though Bulletstorm was clearanced soon enough ago that you might be able to get it to ring up for six bucks. Just in case you want to try: http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-34-1667

Also, big thanks to TOGW for putting the FAQ in the first post...if it helps me (and it does), I'm sure it'll help others.

One of the Walmarts around me has a clearance section. The last time I went there and only found some cheap games but not that cheap. And this time I got two 3 cents games. One of them is the Kirby (Wii). When I went to check out, the cashier didn't say anything but smile. And I smiled back to him too. This feeling is great.

Go see it for yourself, just look up “Walmart couponing” in Facebook groups and they’re all over the place
Can you use a dummy account to sell stuff on Facebook marketplace? I would like to still have some anonymity, as I obviously don't give my full name out and try to meet in public to prevent buyers from knowing where I live, when using Craigslist.

Well, I stopped by a couple of Walmarts that were decently far from me but supposed to have oodles of $0.03 games in stock (according to Brickseek, that is). Unfortunately, the only thing left was a single copy of :pS4: Bound By Flame, and since you can’t take alcohol to the self checkout lines in California, I started racking my brain to think how I could get out without an employee hassling me over the price. Finally, the light bulb went off: I grabbed a copy of Machete from the value DVD section, went back to the self checkout, scanned that first, had the employee helping that area override the age question while simultaneously unlocking my game from its plastic coffin, then waited for them to leave, scanned BBF to the beautiful price of 3¢, paid and walked out hassle free. I also verified that CDs with parental advisory stickers also make the self scanners pop up with the employee code warning, so that’s another item you can try to scan before any $0.03 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a heads up that vita minecraft is just an expired download code, no cartridge inside.
Haha thanks! You freaked me out a little with the "expired" part but the code did still redeem on the store. You're right though, it supposedly expired 3/31/17.
Sony extended the expiration date for those codes, but for how long I'm not sure.

bread's done
Back