Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a variety of different clothing items and kitchen items that were on sale. Wound up only buying a thing of Every Man Jack beard oil that I'm a fan of, half off at $5. Not bad for beard oil.

Not a damn thing to be found in elextronics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they must have saw this thread cuz after over a month the stock finally shows 0
Tax time is coming. They have to audit inventory. A lot of retailers hire 3rd parties to do it. It's one time when you see those DNI (do not inventory) signs all over. This may help rectify brickseek and app numbers for a while. No doubt they'll get FUBAR'D as time goes on.

Anyone else's Walmart seeing a major toy clearance? The one near me is, but I'm wondering if this is store wide since inventories tend to be different at different stores.

Whats the story??? Im sitting patiently waiting on Adventures from Walmart
After a hard week with school and work, I finally jumped on the Nintendo Switch train. I bought the Switch/Fifa deal for $300. This was the one where you could return the game, and use Ebates to get cash back so that the console would end up around $235. The confirmation email said pickup on Tuesday of next week, even though both the console and game could have been picked up individually on the spot. I still went to the store in an attempt to get my both items. I literally saw the shelves behind the glass stocked to the front with both the Switches, and copies of FIFA

Of course, since it was 8 at night (and a Wallmart), there was no employee to be found on the floor. About 5 minutes later, this old latino employee (security guard?) approaches me and begins speaking in an incredilbly thick accent. I wasn't trying to be rude, but I could not understand this guy for the life of me. I explained about the store pickup, and how I saw stacks of my items in stock. The employee then tells me to go over to the pickup section, and that he'd momentarily be with me to check me out. This put me in a pretty happy mood, as I honestly thought that the guy understood the situation.

I was wrong.

20 minutes later, the employee comes to the pickup desk, empty handed, and asks me what I need. I again explained the situation. Both of us then go through a probably 10 minute game of typing in order numbers and exchanging ID/debit card info, Again, this is all happening as he's speaking in an incredibly thick accent. Finally, I ask for a manager to help both of us. The employee then says something I understood clear as day "Why you want to waste his fuck 'ng time too". It was getting late. and I honestly didn't care about the fact that an employee just swore at me. I was just pissed that this guy couldn't give me a direct Yes or No answer. Eventually, he did call the manager.

The manager makes things MUCH worse, believe it or not, and he is the one that really pissed me off.

I'll post the rest later if anyone is interested.

The next chapter of the story will be them and the manager standing across from each other and screaming and grunting for 30 minutes as they each power up into their ultimate forms.

So I was sweeping up the remainders of the 3 cent games in my area when I found a copy of Dragon Quest Monster 2 for the DS.

There was a line at the electronics desk so I decided to try the self checkout.

The older guy there slowly unlocked all the clamshells and I went to check myself out.

He noticed the 3 cent price and I told him it was clearance.  He said "That is a mistake that is not clearance."

But then I literally saw the light go out in his eyes and he clearly just didn't care enough to do anything about it.

So after pausing for a second he just waved me on and I was able to get my copy of DQ Monster 2 for 3 cents.

I believe that is the end of the 3 cent adventure for me.  I was successful about 50% of the time buying my items.  The employees ranged from being super helpful to literally walking away from me without saying a word to talk to a manager.  I was mostly amused at their reactions.

Except for that one time where that dick employee put Persona 4 Arena BACK on the shelves when I turned my back on him for 4 seconds.  That honestly put me in a bad mood.  The manager had already OKed my purchase.

How can you get updates on those clearances officialy?
Spend your time scanning items in your Walmart at 12:00am central time.
Intercept the communications from corporate to each store authorizing the markdowns.
Gain access to their API and know how to use it.
Watch this site and a few others.

A few stories of my own.

Was at a store several weeks ago with a huge bin of games. It was getting late in the day so I didn’t tear through the entire thing. At the checkout a soccer mom takes note of the .03 games, afterwards I take her and a few others to the bin pointing out Metroid, Rhythm Heaven, Steel Diver, Persona as .03 games. The next weekend I took the family back to the town for a trip to TRU and a kids museum. That store showed a ridiculous amount of stuff yet. Stop by and end up with 20 games in the cart. The guy at electronics is fantastic. He actually whips out a 3DS with Xenoblade faceplates, we gab about Sonic Lost World 3DS ( one of the games I’m picking up), conversation somehow hits SNES classic. He mentions they have 5 in back, I politely decline one (already have one). With everything going well I opt to take a chance. I have a copy of Kirby’s Epic Yarn and Layton Unwound. When I scanned them they showed as not in the system. I explain that to him and show him the games on my phone as .03 games at other Walmarts. He’s cool about it, says they were probably deleted to be tossed or shipped back. He says he needs to ok it with a manager but it should be fine.

The manager comes over and is the polar opposite. Flatly says she won’t sell them, she’ll raise them to full price or throw them away. She walks away with the games to the back. No big deal, it was a long shot. As the electronics clerk is handing me my receipt I hear the managers voice over his intercom. “Stop that transaction NOW!” I hear the clerk say the sale is already done as I head for the door. Got another good one too.

So...some stores don’t seem to drop these all at once. Metal Gear Rising has been $15 at my store when everyone else was .03. Happened to be grocery shopping today and wandered by electronics, on a side shelf they had Madden and Metal Gear tagged .03. Scanned the 360 version of Rising and saw it was .03 too.

Went to the checkout lane and the fun began. The checker looks at the price tag, sees it rings up .03 and says it can’t be right. I show her a photo on my phone of the games tagged in electronics. She calls over a manager, he seems fine with it so she rings up the PS3 games. She rings up the 360 version, it rings up .03 but still has a $15.00 tag. ONCE AGAIN she says that can’t be right and needs to call a manager!

I’ve encountered a wide range of personalities when looking for these games, this is seriously the first time I was getting ticked off. Even better there was a young woman behind me who seemed to enjoy crack or meth. She was twitching and huffing while I’m trying to clear this and exit with my kids and groceries.[attachment=29548:9143EF36-37B4-492B-90BF-D7FAE5F11DB8.jpeg]

A few stories of my own.

Was at a store several weeks ago with a huge bin of games. It was getting late in the day so I didn’t tear through the entire thing. At the checkout a soccer mom takes note of the .03 games, afterwards I take her and a few others to the bin pointing out Metroid, Rhythm Heaven, Steel Diver, Persona as .03 games. The next weekend I took the family back to the town for a trip to TRU and a kids museum. That store showed a ridiculous amount of stuff yet. Stop by and end up with 20 games in the cart. The guy at electronics is fantastic. He actually whips out a 3DS with Xenoblade faceplates, we gab about Sonic Lost World 3DS ( one of the games I’m picking up), conversation somehow hits SNES classic. He mentions they have 5 in back, I politely decline one (already have one). With everything going well I opt to take a chance. I have a copy of Kirby’s Epic Yarn and Layton Unwound. When I scanned them they showed as not in the system. I explain that to him and show him the games on my phone as .03 games at other Walmarts. He’s cool about it, says they were probably deleted to be tossed or shipped back. He says he needs to ok it with a manager but it should be fine.

The manager comes over and is the polar opposite. Flatly says she won’t sell them, she’ll raise them to full price or throw them away. She walks away with the games to the back. No big deal, it was a long shot. As the electronics clerk is handing me my receipt I hear the managers voice over his intercom. “Stop that transaction NOW!” I hear the clerk say the sale is already done as I head for the door. Got another good one too.
This is confusing: if the manager said she’d throw them away or sell at full price how was there a transaction?

Oh boy, do I have the Walmart story for you guys!

So I found a MGS Ground Zeroes for X1 copy. No problems buying it for $.03. But here's where the story gets craaaaay. I went to buy some Shock Top to bypass the Mature rating ID check and the 12 pack of bottles had a clearance sticker showing $10.75 (normally $14.99 or something).

WHAT. Clearance beer? We need a new thread for this discovery.

Oh boy, do I have the Walmart story for you guys!

So I found a MGS Ground Zeroes for X1 copy. No problems buying it for $.03. But here's where the story gets craaaaay. I went to buy some Shock Top to bypass the Mature rating ID check and the 12 pack of bottles had a clearance sticker showing $10.75 (normally $14.99 or something).

WHAT. Clearance beer? We need a new thread for this discovery.
Only when they start clearancing beer for 3 cents.

Only when they start clearancing beer for 3 cents.
Pretty sure any beer that’s been around long enough to be clearanced all the way down to $0.03 probably isn’t worth drinking at that point...but to each their own, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone else's Walmart seeing a major toy clearance? The one near me is, but I'm wondering if this is store wide since inventories tend to be different at different stores.
The local stores around here have pretty much finished up the major toy clearance. Pretty much every large toy that they carried specifically for Christmas (the giant Imaginext Batman robot, the insanely big Hot Wheels set with garage, King Kong climbing up the side, and pteradactyl flying around it, the Paw Patrol Lookout Tower, etc) started dropping about a week after Christmas, and hit the sweet spot about three weeks ago. I took care of my youngest' fourth birthday, and her fifth one too for that matter. Scored the Imaginext Batman robot for $25, a nice $80 Playcraft wooden train set and table for $19, $40 Baby Alive dolls for $12, and more Disney Princess and Barbie dolls than I can recall. Also got my oldest daughter those two nice Princess Leia doll sets (one from Empire with R2, one from ROTJ with Wicket and her dress from the middle of the movie) for $5.00 and $3.50 (literally 1/10 of the original price of the ROTJ set). They also cleared out all the Wonder Woman dolls for the same price.

Between electronics and toys, I'm really hoping this becomes and annual tradition for Walmart - bring in a bunch of seasonal doorbusters, then rock bottom them as soon as New Year's has passed.

Is brickseek premium worth it?
The impression I've gotten is that people with premium use it to grab the best deals before they trickle then into the public sphere, so if you're trying to flip probably, if you just want the occasional good game deal probably not

The impression I've gotten is that people with premium use it to grab the best deals before they trickle then into the public sphere, so if you're trying to flip probably, if you just want the occasional good game deal probably not
yea in the forums they give you links for stuff that just dropped in price or hot finds before they allow it in their fb group... it also gives you options to look at the price drops in specific walmarts or targets, like i can see what the walmart by my house dropped in price today

premium is worth it if you are flipping but if it is for personal idk, i used it for personal and got a bunch of stuff but idk if it was worth the fee

Store I found the $15 PS3/4 Gold headsets at had these on all their 3c games:

4JL6CfN.jpg

The store has lost over $2,000 srp  in clearance items the last two weeks so I guess they couldn't afford a total loss of profit on the games...

Store I found the $15 PS3/4 Gold headsets at had these on all their 3c games:

The store has lost over $2,000 srp in clearance items the last two weeks so I guess they couldn't afford a total loss of profit on the games...
Probably lost more than that in stolen items, if they have the same type of customers and employees as mine does. Good thing their net profits are always so high.

Probably lost more than that in stolen items, if they have the same type of customers and employees as mine does. Good thing their net profits are always so high.
mine did some kinda kitchen utensil giveaway while I was at the store yesterday, people started rapidly flocking to the table they were doing it at

and yeah, if you're flipping it sounds like the brickseek premium is worth it, some lady in the group I'm in was bragging about buying 17 of those $49 apple tv's

The local stores around here have pretty much finished up the major toy clearance. Pretty much every large toy that they carried specifically for Christmas (the giant Imaginext Batman robot, the insanely big Hot Wheels set with garage, King Kong climbing up the side, and pteradactyl flying around it, the Paw Patrol Lookout Tower, etc) started dropping about a week after Christmas, and hit the sweet spot about three weeks ago. I took care of my youngest' fourth birthday, and her fifth one too for that matter. Scored the Imaginext Batman robot for $25, a nice $80 Playcraft wooden train set and table for $19, $40 Baby Alive dolls for $12, and more Disney Princess and Barbie dolls than I can recall. Also got my oldest daughter those two nice Princess Leia doll sets (one from Empire with R2, one from ROTJ with Wicket and her dress from the middle of the movie) for $5.00 and $3.50 (literally 1/10 of the original price of the ROTJ set). They also cleared out all the Wonder Woman dolls for the same price.

Between electronics and toys, I'm really hoping this becomes and annual tradition for Walmart - bring in a bunch of seasonal doorbusters, then rock bottom them as soon as New Year's has passed.
Pretty much has been on a large scale past few years at least and on a smaller scale before that.

For some reason I was at a walmart that had cave story switch for $15 and Disgaea 5 switch for $30. I bought the last 3 games and checked other local walmarts but they still had everything full price.

yea in the forums they give you links for stuff that just dropped in price or hot finds before they allow it in their fb group... it also gives you options to look at the price drops in specific walmarts or targets, like i can see what the walmart by my house dropped in price today

premium is worth it if you are flipping but if it is for personal idk, i used it for personal and got a bunch of stuff but idk if it was worth the fee
I only ask cuz it seems like most the clearance stuff is listed on slickdeals or here, so I wasn't sure if I would just be wasting my money.

Got
2x DQ IX
5x Metroid Other M
1x Art Academy
3x Warioware
3x Walking Trainer

One hell of a last hurrah
Sent you a PM.

Also, I didn't really get any feedback on whether or not an actual list of the $0.03 games was wanted or not, but I'm just gonna throw what I have up here so that if there are still people who are able to take advantage of these deals that they can do so with a checklist of sorts to help them manage things: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EUmyRWwpd5vfOeOxex78S-4UWyvAr0EE

No $0.03 games in the last few days, but there was a nice selection of Wii U/3DS clearance stuff at a local Walmart.

2x Super Mario 3D World - $5.00

2x TLoZ: Ocarina of Time 3D - $9.00

2x Minecraft Wii U Edition - $7.00

1x Pokemon Alpha Sapphire - $10.00

Saw a few additional tags like Splatoon for $15 and Pokemon Sun for $10 but couldn't find the games.

No $0.03 games in the last few days, but there was a nice selection of Wii U/3DS clearance stuff at a local Walmart.

2x Super Mario 3D World - $5.00
2x TLoZ: Ocarina of Time 3D - $9.00
2x Minecraft Wii U Edition - $7.00
1x Pokemon Alpha Sapphire - $10.00

Saw a few additional tags like Splatoon for $15 and Pokemon Sun for $10 but couldn't find the games.
If you don't have them, Mario and Zelda are two of the GOAT 3DS games. Definitely worth more than that so great deals.

No luck but did find a bunch of $.03 guides. Darkness 2 , Dead Rising 3 , Diablo 3 , Batman AO , BioShock Infinite, Halo Wars , World Of Warcraft to name a few.

bread's done
Back