Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
They fed you bullshit. You can totally return it if it's defective in some way. If you're still not sure though, you can always return it at a different Walmart.
Too late now. But I'm happy with the TV that I bought. Been playing down my backlog for the past two weeks. But I didn't want anyone to get burned.

That’s a great sound bar, especially at that price. I’ve had mine since about a month after this model was released.
does it connect via BT? debating it though it would take up some console space on top shelf of my stand, would help with my ks8000 sound though

does it connect via BT? debating it though it would take up some console space on top shelf of my stand, would help with my ks8000 sound though
Yes it has BT connectivity. There is one HDMI passthrough, and one Digital in. It has auto turn-on if connected through D-in, which is how I use it.

I'm not sure if it's my phone or the receiver or a combo, but I can stay connected from around 35-40 feet away through 4 interior walls when I walk into my bedroom while streaming from my phone through BT.

I also like that the sound bar itself is very low profile. It fit perfectly under my 70" Vizio E series from 2015.

I wouldn't feel ripped off if I paid full price again, and at $80 I would definitely be more than satisfied.

saw it on a BS group I'm in, apologies if already discussed

Samsung 2.1 Channel 300W Sound Bar System with Wireless Subwoofer (HW-KM45/ZA

$79 at most stores around here

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=114334385
Tempting, I'll be setting up a new game room soon. I have a Vizio 5.1 bar with wireless rear/sub that I got for ~180 last year for the living room. Debating what I want for my room, going to be tv and computer desk on opposing walls so all I have to do is turn my chair around.

That’s a great sound bar, especially at that price. I’ve had mine since about a month after this model was released.
Do you or anybody else know if this is this better than the HW-M360? I assume higher wattage is better? I don't know anything about soundbars

Struck out at 4 walmarts for the soundbar, guess Ill wait for Target's turn to clear these.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
They just didn't have it? Guessing it showed store stock? Mine shows 5 in stock, but it's across town and I know how they usually are about helping if it's not on the floor.

Do you or anybody else know if this is this better than the HW-M360? I assume higher wattage is better? I don't know anything about soundbars

They just didn't have it? Guessing it showed store stock? Mine shows 5 in stock, but it's across town and I know how they usually are about helping if it's not on the floor.
Two stores refused to look in the back (one of these two BS reported supposedly to have 33!), one store looked and claimed dont have it in the back, and one store checked on their scanner shown only one, apparently that one is the display model.

Two stores refused to look in the back (one of these two BS reported supposedly to have 33!), one store looked and claimed dont have it in the back, and one store checked on their scanner shown only one, apparently that one is the display model.

If the item is marked for clearance you should talk to a manager they'd probably be willing to sell it as if off the floor

Not a clearance deal, but picked up :ps4: MGS V DE for $30 at the Deptford NJ store, thanks to Brickseek and a helpful dude who found the game in the employees-only area. SKU is 54270685.

Seems to be out of print, though prices are currently around $30 new.

Not a clearance deal, but picked up :ps4: MGS V DE for $30 at the Deptford NJ store, thanks to Brickseek and a helpful dude who found the game in the employees-only area. SKU is 54270685.

Seems to be out of print, though prices are currently around $30 new.
Seems like it, it was on sale for $20 quite a few time last year at walmart online and GS.

Just hit a major jackpot at Olive Street Walmart in Cullman Alabama. Department overhaul with TONS of their $20 games marked down to $9.
Just picked up Nioh for $9.
Switch games were LANoire 25, Bayo 2 30, Snipperclips 15, and a few others.
Lots of newer games in the 15 to 20 range too.

Just hit a major jackpot at Olive Street Walmart in Cullman Alabama. Department overhaul with TONS of their $20 games marked down to $9.
Just picked up Nioh for $9.
Switch games were LANoire 25, Bayo 2 30, Snipperclips 15, and a few others.
Lots of newer games in the 15 to 20 range too.
Wow, thanks for the tip. I’ll have to check it out.

Had more luck with today attempt, they actually put these out today, down to $40. Employee was dismissive at first but she saw management was standing in front of electronics talking, then became helpful afterward and helped me locate it.
5036f3c96e224c6dde3c0d981662ac93.jpg

Local store shows 2 in stock at the $40 price.
My wife went in, and of course, they can’t find them. They have plenty of the 130W model. Ugh.

There’s another store showing 2 also. She may check it out later, but she’s pretty annoyed right now.

Checked on brickseek and its limited stock with quantity zero all around me, do you think it's worth a shot to check in-store to see if it's still there. That's insane price even for a display model!
The assistant Manager I spoke to said this was a mistake and nobody should have labeled it as 1 cent. I just took pictures for the fun of it and to share it here. I HIGHLY doubt they'd let you rip out the display models for 1 cent. This was in the Chino CA Walmart for anybody that wants to try their luck.

My wife drove across town to the other Walmart. They did have the sound bar! Someone had come in earlier and bought one, and she got the last one.

The Falmouth, Maine Wal-Mart reduced the following games to $5.00 in a bin located in the center of the Electronics department.  This is not a complete list, just what I picked up.

:vita:
Dynasty Warriors Next

:ps3: 
Cabela's Survival - Shadows of Katmai
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition
The Bourne Conspiracy

:wiiu: 
Pikmin 3
Brunsiwck Pro Bowling

:wii: 
Super Mario Bros Wii

:ps2: 
MotorStorm Arctic Edge

:ps4: 
NBALive 14
Fifa14
NHL16
Metal Gear Solid V The Definitive Experience

:360: 
Dance Central 3
Fifa 16

It has been ages since I've had to think about it, but will in stock pick ups still adjust to in-store prices? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Dang full array is good but no HDR10 even.

And you can never connect Vizio to the internet say to update firmware, as they record, like Shazam for video, any image displayed on your TV from any source in order to build a spyware profile on you and the shows you watch and for how long... bad for your privacy just watching mainstream TV, terrible if you ever were to view like baby photos , bathing your kids, childbirth , nudes from wifey, nudes you sent wifey on the screen from a USB stick.

Dang full array is good but no HDR10 even.

And you can never connect Vizio to the internet say to update firmware, as they record, like Shazam for video, any image displayed on your TV from any source in order to build a spyware profile on you and the shows you watch and for how long... bad for your privacy just watching mainstream TV, terrible if you ever were to view like baby photos , bathing your kids, childbirth , nudes from wifey, nudes you sent wifey on the screen from a USB stick.
Wtf do you do on your TV?

Are you crazy?! You never call!

Sometimes you have to. When the PS4 Pro Destiny 2 bundle showed up for $199 at some stores, there was literally one walmart that showed it in stock for that price, just over 100mi away. I'm not driving two hours per way on the hopes brickseek is correct. I called the store, asked if the item was in stock, and they even offered to hold it for me due to the distance I was traveling.

Managed to get a decent deal by blind luck on my lunch break today.

$199 VIZIO 55" Class 4K (2160P) LED TV (D55un-E1)
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=415850944

Looks like the deal went up this morning at the store I stopped at. Barely managed to get one, as a flipper started loading the last 5 onto a cart as I was standing there.
For anyone in NE Ohio, it looks like the Macedonia store has 5 at the $199 mark. It's not in the budget for me right now, but hopefully someone can snag one

The Walmart I usually go to had clearance games on a random table with yellow balloons. The ps4 and xb1 games were at the rock bottom price of $19.96 or $19.98.

Found a couple in my area too. I don't have the cash, and even if I did it would probably be pure hell to try to claim one... this Wal-Mart is close to the border and many of the employees don't speak English terribly well. Ultimately it doesn't matter... I have two television sets already, and it's money I don't need to spend.

Struck out on the soundbars. They had a few but I watched the employee in electronics sell them all to his friend. I don't think they even had them out on the shelves.

Clearly got lucky with that tv. Stock went from 17 to 0 in a few hours. Crazy.

Called a couple WMs and forgive me for not trusting the associates when they say they do not have the TVs. They are available on brickseek.
Maybe they're lying, but the stock count in Walmart's system isn't always accurate. I went to a Walmart trying to snag a clearance LG TV, they said they had none, BS showed 2, and many days later it still showed 2. It should have showed 0 by then if they set the TVs aside to buy themselves. So yeah, it does happen.

My store had guides for $2 each. I bought the following:

Dark Souls III
Fallout 4
Halo Wars 2
Mass Effect Andromeda
Metroid: Samus Returns
Prey - Collector's Edition
Super Nintendo (for the reissued mini one)

Most of the guides looked like they had been through a wheat thresher. Forget dog-eared pages. They looked like they had been a Doberman's chew toy.

bread's done
Back