Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just needing a cheap laptop for school and for some work to use sparingly, but after the guy told me that, I'm just like, no thanks. One of those HP laptops had a 1TB HDD that made me raise an eyebrow and was also $199.

I was just needing a cheap laptop for school and for some work to use sparingly, but after the guy told me that, I'm just like, no thanks. One of those HP laptops had a 1TB HDD that made me raise an eyebrow and was also $199.
I bought on of those cheap HP laptops when they were clearance last time and it was junk. Boots up super slow and takes forever to load even a simple webpage.

My Walmart seems to be bringing games from the back and putting them on clearance. They had more but I didn't have much time.  Some of the prices didn't seem that great. I bougth Little Nightmares Complete edition for $19 and Prison  Architect for $7. Total was $16.72 after I used Walmart pay.
Skylanders Imaginators Starter Packs $12 

Prison  Architect $7 

Lego City Undercover Xbox One $17

Kirby Triple Deluxe $7 

Dragon Quest Builders for PlayStation 4 $17

Actually, all the stores around here have set up a new gaming PC/laptop section with the recent Electronics section reconfiguration. Seems a little rich for Walmart's blood, but they've been doing retail a lot longer than I have. I just hope when Clearance time comes around they're as generous with the gaming gear as they are the low-end machines.
Here they got some new gaming desktops and laptops, I forget the brand. Last round of PC changes they introduced HP Omen gaming desktops/laptops. No clearance prices, but they are gone now.

I bought on of those cheap HP laptops when they were clearance last time and it was junk. Boots up super slow and takes forever to load even a simple webpage.
Was it the one with the backpack? The one I got is super slow for its specs. Boot up is slower than my eight year old desktop with Win7.

Want to buy that i7 desktop, as it's $399 at a store near me, but I know it will drop lower. Are employees generally willing to adjust the price within the return period? Only tried once.

I bit on that i7 HP desktop for $399.

It literally sold out in about 2 hours once it got to that price.

I am going to get a new PSU and a decent 1050 card for it.

I will try it out and see if there are any major issues with it before I buy the extra parts.

I got the laptop with the backpack and it works just fine for me. Granted I came from a broken piece of crap that barely worked and I mainly use it for browsing and school, but I like it so far. I think you'd be crazy to expect gaming quality from a Wal-Mart PC anyway.

I bit on that i7 HP desktop for $399.

It literally sold out in about 2 hours once it got to that price.

I am going to get a new PSU and a decent 1050 card for it.

I will try it out and see if there are any major issues with it before I buy the extra parts.
Vipoutlet.com has some 1050 cards at around 40% off I believe. I’ve bought games from them and they came in as described condition.

On a lot of these cheapie Walmart laptops, I'm curious how much slapping in an SSD and doing a fresh install of Windows without all the bloatware would improve them. Granted, they're never going to be good for much of anything outside of browsing, Office apps, and maybe light, light gaming, but in a world where 120 GB SSDs are $40, I think I may experiment on a Clearance model to see. My wife could use something for lesson plans.

I got the laptop with the backpack and it works just fine for me. Granted I came from a broken piece of crap that barely worked and I mainly use it for browsing and school, but I like it so far. I think you'd be crazy to expect gaming quality from a Wal-Mart PC anyway.
I also bought this laptop and it works no issues for me as well. Only takes about a minute to boot up , the battery life is kinda weak but for the most part its been a solid deal at 199 for what it is.

On a lot of these cheapie Walmart laptops, I'm curious how much slapping in an SSD and doing a fresh install of Windows without all the bloatware would improve them. Granted, they're never going to be good for much of anything outside of browsing, Office apps, and maybe light, light gaming, but in a world where 120 GB SSDs are $40, I think I may experiment on a Clearance model to see. My wife could use something for lesson plans.
Considering the demands of modern operating systems for even the simplest tasks now, plus the night-and-day difference in terms of processing speed and performance between regular spinning disk drives and flash storage/solid state drives, it’s a relatively simple and extremely effective way to soup up an older/slower computer.

Almost bit on the router, apparently has issues maintaining connection and connecting to anything not an actual computer (phones, tablets, smart anything). Linksys says ISP provides firmware updates, they're not offering anything, so not likely to be fixed.
So far the router has been working with no issues. The RCA DVD player on the other hand I had to return. The play button stopped working. I was able to find a different off brand DVD player for $19.

ONN 10" Portable DVD Player Kit with Bluetooth Headphones $19

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=680482715

Local walmart had one of those $399 desktops. It's almost worth it for the i7 and RAM alone, but IME taking apart prebuilts are a hassle and a half in themselves.

I'm not in any hurry but I could use a new mobo/cpu/ram. Wonder if the cpu and RAM could be put into a 7th gen mobo?

Huh.  So this is the smallest Desktop case I have ever owned.  (i7 HP desktop for $399)

I believe I can install a better PSU but there is no way a two fan graphics card will fit easily in this tiny thing.   Even if you take out the sideways CD/DVD player there is still a steel frame in the way.  Ah well a one fan 1050 Ti will still be nice.

So yeah.  This might be a bit of pain to disconnect and reconnect everything.  I will attempt it next weekend.  Worse come to worse I can just take everything out and put it in a proper sized case.

I was a sucker for a good price but I should have done more research than looking up comments about upgrading it.  People lie in comments.

So far the router has been working with no issues. The RCA DVD player on the other hand I had to return. The play button stopped working. I was able to find a different off brand DVD player for $19.

ONN 10" Portable DVD Player Kit with Bluetooth Headphones $19

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=680482715
does it accept hdmi input? looks promising for a raspberry pi I have laying around for a mini bartop cabinet.

Am I using Brickseek wrong? I'm trying to find a single Wii Remote near me so Iwas hitting the "need help finding a SKU" feature but once I select an item I'm getting a generic "none in your area" message. When I follow a link from here itll list specific stores and show zero items available.

Using mine for the same thing. I never expected to use it for games although I hoped it would play that Win10 Forza game on lowest settings. Just use it for browsing/school. Was hoping it took less than 7 minutes to boot up though...

Skylanders Sensei figures were $4 at my local store, Creation Crystals were $1, the Crash Bandicoot pack was $6, and the Skylanders Imaginators Starter Packs were $12.

I found a bunch of Ps3 Fifa 16's for $5 apiece yesterday. I stopped at a random Walmart on my way home from an event & found them. Gamestop is giving $12 Elite credit for them right now, more if you use the other deals. 

Am I using Brickseek wrong? I'm trying to find a single Wii Remote near me so Iwas hitting the "need help finding a SKU" feature but once I select an item I'm getting a generic "none in your area" message. When I follow a link from here itll list specific stores and show zero items available.
When it says "none in your area" it means that it's no longer in any of those stores' systems (so : gone a long time, as opposed to recently out of stock).

Something like that where there have been dozens of skus over the years, you're better off finding the item on actual Wal-Mart site to get the number first.

I found a bunch of Ps3 Fifa 16's for $5 apiece yesterday. I stopped at a random Walmart on my way home from an event & found them. Gamestop is giving $12 Elite credit for them right now, more if you use the other deals.
A local store has a ton of them, but still at $15. I'm not sure why, but that game has maintained its value over the last two years, and more consistently than FIFA 17.

There’s some here for 1250 and a store about 45 mins away OOS for $250. Doubt I’d have any luck doing a return/rebuy though
they might give you crap about that. there was a store about 15miles from me that says it has 5 in stock at 350. went there and nothing. gave them the sku number and it doesnt even pop up in their system.

Stopped in this morning and found Lego Dimensions Goonies for $7 but still marked $15 and the Battle of Atlantis Aquaman Lego set for $5 marked $12.

My new opening Walmart has Xbox One X Scorpio on sale for $999.99. Is it rare?

35285799_1718598081587901_9103199444618182656_n.jpg

bread's done
Back