Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the computer with the poorly laid out mobo, right? A few stores close with limited zero at 184, one moderately close with 3. An i7 is tempting over my older CPU/R9 combo I'm running now.
Yeah a store by me says it has 3 too. But it's a different story when I got there. And this place had inventory done earlier this year so I know they're full of it.

Yeah a store by me says it has 3 too. But it's a different story when I got there. And this place had inventory done earlier this year so I know they're full of it.
get a job at the store so you can get behind the scenes and totally bust em for lying to you!

Computers and TV's are generally "binned" (has back room location designation), so they shouldn't have an issue finding stock if it's in the back. I had an employee tell me "what we have on the shelf is what we have in stock, there's nothing in the back" (without even scanning my upc barcode to see if there's stock). BRB go talk to another employee, they scan barcode, and they say otherwise. Ended up getting one for $399.

Assuming the store actually has them, what's the best way to get them to adjust later on? Return/rebuy? Does it have to be at the same store?
I went back with just the receipt and they processed it as a return/rebuy for me since I was past the 7 day price adjustment limit. YMMV though, I think I got really lucky there. And yes, it does have to be the same store.

Hmm, Brickseek showing the 570-p033w dropped to $184 at all stores in my area, but they only have one.  Gotta get some groceries at my WM so I guess ill try and break my 0-20 streak on low stock computer items (really not expecting anything)

The Omen is a mid-tower case, but it has a micro ATX mobo (an inch longer on each side than the p033w mobo). It comes with a good discrete GPU and 500w PSU already, whereas the p033w has integrated graphics and a 185w PSU. Should be room in the case for a regular ATX board if you ever want to upgrade that in the future.

I've been watching cuz I want to go up from my 4690k but might just wait for coffelake 8700k to slide down, or lose my Intel bias and go thread ripper

Wonder how much I missed this by?
attachicon.gif
20180622_164030.jpg
My store still has maybe ten copies at full price. I have been waiting ages for all these damn Wii U and 3DS games to drop. They are whittling down even at full price.

So I bought V for Vendetta for $5 at the walmart I work at two days ago. Yesterday I hear on the walkies what sounded like they were removing the $5 movies for some reason. Strange.

So I bought V for Vendetta for $5 at the walmart I work at two days ago. Yesterday I hear on the walkies what sounded like they were removing the $5 movies for some reason. Strange.
Have you ever heard of other stores not having mc40's or Gemini's? I talked to somebody at a store in my area today, asking them to look up a upc, but they said their store doesn't have ANY scanners. I have a hard time believing that, since you need them to make shelf labels, photo needs them to make upc labels for checkout, fabrics needs them to make upc labels for checkout, and electronics need them to bin items. I just have an extremely hard time believing nobody has them (unless it's just limited to management).

Have you ever heard of other stores not having mc40's or Gemini's? I talked to somebody at a store in my area today, asking them to look up a upc, but they said their store doesn't have ANY scanners. I have a hard time believing that, since you need them to make shelf labels, photo needs them to make upc labels for checkout, fabrics needs them to make upc labels for checkout, and electronics need them to bin items. I just have an extremely hard time believing nobody has them (unless it's just limited to management).
That sounds highly suspect. Almost everybody has a scanner in my store. I'm AP, so my entire department NEEDS to have one for returns/exchanges or for just helping random customers figure out prices. So yeah, I'd say they were bullshitting you, but for what purpose I have no idea. I would have spoken to a CSM about that just to be sure.

There's still hope out there for limited stock - zero apparently. Two local-ish stores with that pc updated from limited to no stock yesterday. Looks like I'm making the hour drive to hunt the 3 in stock.

Found the $184 one in stock but it doesn’t have much to offer for parts for my existing rig. It’s not a K unlocked cpu so upgrading my i5 to its i7 wouldn’t be all that worth $200 after tax. It has no GPU to sell. I don’t have room for 16GB of ram to make 32 especially cause it’s probably four 4’s inside. And I have plenty of spinning hard drive space externally.

The Omen for $299 is a great deal but much much harder to find even discounted let alone in stock. And I’m traveling across country by car, checking every state I stop in.

Found the $184 one in stock but it doesn’t have much to offer for parts for my existing rig. It’s not a K unlocked cpu so upgrading my i5 to its i7 wouldn’t be all that worth $200 after tax. It has no GPU to sell. I don’t have room for 16GB of ram to make 32 especially cause it’s probably four 4’s inside. And I have plenty of spinning hard drive space externally.
The Omen for $299 is a great deal but much much harder to find even discounted let alone in stock. And I’m traveling across country by car, checking every state I stop in.
Is the omen really even discounted anywhere? I’ve checked several states by brickseek and only see msrp. I’m also traveling this week and considering getting the $184 if I find it as a server rig.

Is the omen really even discounted anywhere? I’ve checked several states by brickseek and only see msrp. I’m also traveling this week and considering getting the $184 if I find it as a server rig.
I’m seeing plenty of $299 and $349 on this one, but out of stock or that mysterious Limited Stock Zero.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=197665204

That other Omen with the 1080 and unlocked CPU multiplier is totally unfindable though.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55510070

I bought a display of this computer yesterday (never turned on). Manager took an extra 10% off for me which was even better. It has 2 8gb sticks and is a steal at $184 if you can find them. Only downside is that it comes with a 180w psu.

I’m seeing plenty of $299 and $349 on this one, but out of stock or that mysterious Limited Stock Zero.https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=197665204
That other Omen with the 1080 and unlocked CPU multiplier is totally unfindable though.https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55510070
Thank you. Found one store out of about 25 that shows that price and lists limited stock. The $184 model I grabbed earlier today showed the same and now lists as out of stock. Wondering if it’s truly worth it to try to grab the Omen for $299, particularly because the only store that may have it is a two hour drive each way.

That sounds highly suspect. Almost everybody has a scanner in my store. I'm AP, so my entire department NEEDS to have one for returns/exchanges or for just helping random customers figure out prices. So yeah, I'd say they were bullshitting you, but for what purpose I have no idea. I would have spoken to a CSM about that just to be sure.
I wouldn’t say that it’s totally out of the realm of possibility, though. I know in our store when they switched to the newer handhelds, there was hardly ever an extra for electronics, and even if they could find one, no one had their login authorized to use the sales floor application for some time. One guy back there who I helped train told me he felt bad because he basically had to lie to people all the time and say they didn’t have stuff because he literally had no way to check and management was no help when needed.

Spoke with the store who showed as having one of the Omen towers at $299. The manager stated it's a demo/display model that is technically new though cannot be sold. That was the only store listed out of about 25 who had it in stock and at that price. Every other store that shows stock is at MSRP of $1259.

Treating this as a Walmart whatever thread... Their site had Dragon Age: Inquisition both new and used for $12.88, I ordered new, and received a shrink wrapped copy with a loose disc inside. Good thing I looked it over when I picked it up in store.

Lots of laptops on clearance. Some of these may have already been posted, but all the same here is what I found:

HP Stream 14" Laptop, Windows 10 Home, Office 365 Personal 1-year included, Intel Celeron N3060 Processor, 4GB RAM, 32GB eMMC Storage

HP Stream 14" Laptop, Windows 10 Home, Office 365 Personal 1-year included, Intel Celeron N3060 Processor, 4GB RAM, 32GB eMMC Storage

HP Silver Iridium Ci5 15-cc050wm 15.6" Laptop, Touchscreen, Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i5-7200U Processor, 12GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive

HP 11-v010wm 11.6" Chromebook, Chrome, Intel Celeron N3060 Processor, 4GB RAM, 16GB eMMC Drive

HP Stream 11.6" Laptop, Windows 10 Home, Office 365 Personal 1-year subscription included, Intel Celeron N3060 Processor, 4GB RAM, 32GB eMMC Storage
HP Stream 11.6" Laptop, Windows 10 Home, Office 365 Personal 1-year subscription included, Intel Celeron N3060 Processor, 4GB RAM, 32GB eMMC Storage

HP Jaguar 15-bs060wm, 15.6" Touch Natural Silver Laptop, Windows 10, Intel Core i3-7100U Processor, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive

HP Jaguar 15-bs080wm, 15.6" Natural Silver Touch Laptop, Windows 10, Intel Core i7-7500U Processor, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive

HP Jaguar 15-bs070wm, 15.6" Natural Silver Touch Laptop, Windows 10, Intel Core i5-7200U Processor, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive

HP Flyer Red 15.6" 15-f272wm Laptop PC with Intel Pentium N3540 Processor, 4GB Memory, 500GB Hard Drive and Windows 10 Home

HP Turbo Silver 15-f271wm Laptop PC with Intel Pentium N3540 Processor, 4GB Memory, 500GB Hard drive, and Windows 10 Home

Lenovo ideapad 320 15.6" Laptop, Windows 10, Intel Pentium N4200 Quad-Core Processor, 4GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive - Platinum Grey

HP Black 15.6" 15-f233wm Laptop PC with Intel Celeron N3050 Processor, 4GB Memory, 500GB Hard Drive and Windows 10 Home

HP Silver Iridium 15.6" Laptop, Touchscreen, Intel Core i7-7500u, Intel HD Graphic 620 Graphic Card, 12GB Memory, 1TB HD, Windows 10 Home, 15-cc060wm

Lenovo ideapad 320 15.6 Laptop, Windows 10, Intel Celeron N3350 Dual-Core Processor, 4GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive – Platinum Grey

HP Silver Iridium A12 15-cd040wm 15.6” Laptop, Touchscreen, Windows 10 Home, AMD Quad-Core A12-9720P, 12GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive

HP Black Licorice 15.6" 15-F387WM Laptop PC with AMD A8-7410 Processor, 4GB Memory, touch screen, 500GB Hard Drive and Windows 10 Home

HP Stream 14-ax030wm 14” Smoke Gray, Windows 10 Home, Office 365 Personal 1-year included, Intel Celeron Processor N3060, 4GB Memory, 32GB Storage

My store had a lone 65” Samsung Q7F that had been sitting at $1099 for the longest time, they dropped it to $549 yesterday which is absolutely insane, but I just couldn’t pull the trigger. Went and even looked at it. But I already have a 55” x900e and b7a, I don’t feel like trying to sell either of those and having to re-mount another tv.

Regardless it sold this morning, I feel almost a sense of relief because now I don’t have to question whether I should’ve gotten it or not lol

My store had a lone 65” Samsung Q7F that had been sitting at $1099 for the longest time, they dropped it to $549 yesterday which is absolutely insane, but I just couldn’t pull the trigger. Went and even looked at it. But I already have a 55” x900e and b7a, I don’t feel like trying to sell either of those and having to re-mount another tv.

Regardless it sold this morning, I feel almost a sense of relief because now I don’t have to question whether I should’ve gotten it or not lol
Good thing you don't live near me....Brickseek shows the WM closest to me has two of them for $549.....lol.

Samsung Chromebook Plus dropped to $199 at a ton of stores around me if anybody has them in-stock still. Credit to BCPhotog over at Slickdeals for bringing it to my attention. Drove 30 minutes and managed to find one in-stock. I've been wanting one of these for a long time, but couldn't justify spending the $350-$400 it usually goes on sale for.

Also, I think it has been posted before but I found two Steelseries Rival 100's for $7 each.

Anybody have any thoughts on this laptop?

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=796266165

Having a 12GB memory and a 1TB hard drive peaked my interest and at $199, it's a steal in my books. By comparison, my laptop that I've owned for close to 4 years now has a 16GB memory and a 1.5TB hard drive and cost me over $1000. I'm just gonna be using it for watching videos, work, occasional streaming of movies, etc. Nothing too demanding.

Anybody have any thoughts on this laptop?
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=796266165

Having a 12GB memory and a 1TB hard drive peaked my interest and at $199, it's a steal in my books. By comparison, my laptop that I've owned for close to 4 years now has a 16GB memory and a 1.5TB hard drive and cost me over $1000. I'm just gonna be using it for watching videos, work, occasional streaming of movies, etc. Nothing too demanding.
Having a solid state drive would make general use much faster tho, still good value for 199.

bread's done
Back