Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
That's amazing. Idk what my life was like before CAG.. a poor ass gamer. Still kicking myself for missing GS flipcalypse.
Got a 4K TV (via Amazon GCs), HTC Vive, and 3 iPhone 7s from GameStop flips last summer. It was glorious. I haven’t seen any deal deal that comes even close to that.

Went pc hunting to some sketchy stores, struck out. One actually had a clearance table, but it had Nascar 06 and Madden 07 with John Madden slipcover among other trash. Also a few Halo Reach metal box CEs for $15.

Got a 4K TV (via Amazon GCs), HTC Vive, and 3 iPhone 7s from GameStop flips last summer. It was glorious. I haven’t seen any deal deal that comes even close to that.
The penny glitches might be the only thing.

Several years back, like 5-6 years, amazon warehouse would sell stuff CHEAP with their glitches. And it was consistent for about a year or so. One early morning, a few cags discovered some relatively recent games at the time, Crysis 2, LA Noire (around that time) for 1 cent. People bought tons and tons of these penny games and amazon fulfilled them.

It was also a time when Best Buy had no limit. So people were taking 40-50 copies at a time and getting MacBooks, TVs, phones, etc for 50 cents to a dollar.

The best glitch though as far as pricing errors had to be the $99 unlocked S8 phones last year

Heh. One store by me put out a bunch of the 3 cent games I guess they never sent out. Unfortunately they ring up as out of system so they're just like "oh, they're $30 still"
I suggest to keep checking back. That also occurred in some of the stores near me, then later they were in the system for 3 cents.

The penny glitches might be the only thing.

Several years back, like 5-6 years, amazon warehouse would sell stuff CHEAP with their glitches. And it was consistent for about a year or so. One early morning, a few cags discovered some relatively recent games at the time, Crysis 2, LA Noire (around that time) for 1 cent. People bought tons and tons of these penny games and amazon fulfilled them.

It was also a time when Best Buy had no limit. So people were taking 40-50 copies at a time and getting MacBooks, TVs, phones, etc for 50 cents to a dollar.

The best glitch though as far as pricing errors had to be the $99 unlocked S8 phones last year
Wait... there was a glitch for $99 unlocked S8?? omg where was this even posted? I don't think I saw anything on SD

Gawd dammit why do I always miss out on these deals?!

It was a year ago. Best Buy had Black Friday in July online and instead of taking $100 off the price of the S8 and S8+, it made them $100. You also had to be Elite or Elite Plus because the glitch only happened during the early access sale a day before the sale was available to everyone.
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/363792-black-friday-july-early-access-best-buy-eliteelite-gcu-injustice-2-3199-final-fantasy-xv-1999-hitman-steelbook-1999-more/page-1
Damn. $1500-3500 is a lot of money spent @ BB for dem status

Damn. $1500-3500 is a lot of money spent @ BB for dem status
It doesn't have to be at Best Buy, at least if you have the credit card. I have Elite Plus and certainly have not spent anywhere near $3500 at Best Buy in the last year or so.

You become a My Best Buy program Elite Plus member by spending $3500 at Best Buy or BestBuy.com or spending $3500 on your My Best Buy Visa during a calendar year.

It doesn't have to be at Best Buy, at least if you have the credit card. I have Elite Plus and certainly have not spent anywhere near $3500 at Best Buy in the last year or so.
Ah, that makes it much more feasible. I was going to say (other than that crazy glitch), there aren't much benefits going for it vs. say cards from Amex, Chase, etc. imo. Unless they regularly have sales that are worth keeping the elite status.

Not gaming related but Johnson & Johnson baby products are on sale for 75 cents to $1 for baby wash, lotion, shampoos and more. Though they're for babies, adults can use these products.

Not sure if this merits a thread but I think this Sunday is 50% off one item at Half Price Books. All you have to do is sign up on their website...it's free. If you're lucky, you can find a used copy of a recent game like Vampyr or GOW and get it for $15. Be sure to check the condition of the disc first....HPB doesn't seem to screen very well for that kind of stuff, in my experience.

Not sure if this merits a thread but I think this Sunday is 50% off one item at Half Price Books. All you have to do is sign up on their website...it's free. If you're lucky, you can find a used copy of a recent game like Vampyr or GOW and get it for $15. Be sure to check the condition of the disc first....HPB doesn't seem to screen very well for that kind of stuff, in my experience.
We have a half Price books thread

Here's the thread for Half Price Books: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/303047-the-half-price-books-thread/

Thanks for that....must not be a very popular one cause I didn't see it. I may have even posted in there once....can't remember....lol. I'm sure they're well aware of the coupon days this week but can never hurt to give a heads-up to those who might not know about it. From my experience, most of their games aren't current but I did see Nioh last year really cheap during a coupon days promo.

Have to wonder who they expect to buy the PS2 version of Madden 2007-2011 , PC version of Borderlands 2, NCAA baseball, and that Randy Orton cover WWE game nowadays since every Walmart I go to has a stack of all of em

Just keep in mind that Vudu codes typically have a limit of 1-5 redemptions per 4-digit starting prefix, assuming it’s a normal Vudu code.

Have to wonder who they expect to buy the PS2 version of Madden 2007-2011 , PC version of Borderlands 2, NCAA baseball, and that Randy Orton cover WWE game nowadays since every Walmart I go to has a stack of all of em
Ps2 still has a massive install base

[attachment=30551:vudu.JPG]There were a bunch of these down to $7 the other day. Was tempted by the $25 in Vudu credit until I saw $5 a month for 5 months. But if I can get some for this price...
Just FYI, the Vudu Spark $25 credit offer expired in September of 2016, according to the Vudu website (and, I'm assuming, the $20 credit offer that's on some boxes also).

bread's done
Back