Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
For a change, there is a store near me that has a good pc deal. Not sure if I have $600 to drop, but very tempted. Anyone have experience with this laptop line?
If you absolutely need to bring games with you, then it seems like a good gaming laptop. Not sure about the battery life on it in a 4K game, however. I personally try to avoid gaming laptops because you're sacrificing power for portability at a higher price. You don't need a great PC to play Fortnite or Hearthstone, and I can't see myself needing to play Ark or Crysis 3 on the go. Why not get out and see the sights if you're on a business trip? Set up some dates and put those clearance condoms to good use? A phone and tablet are enough mobile gaming for me.

Hmm have two walmart's 20 minutes away that have the MSI laptop in-stock for $600..
I'd wait for BF deals and try to get something with a 1060 Max Q for around that price. I got an Acer Nitro 5 which is similar to this but with a lower end CPU and 'just' a 256gb SD for $420 through Acer. It was a 'scratch and dent' but no tax.

The 1050ti isn't good enough to outperform the i5-8300h in it in almost all scenarios. Having a 1060 (even the low power varient) is a much better use of that extra couple hundred bucks over the upgraded processor.

I'd wait for BF deals and try to get something with a 1060 Max Q for around that price. I got an Acer Nitro 5 which is similar to this but with a lower end CPU and 'just' a 256gb SD for $420 through Acer. It was a 'scratch and dent' but no tax.

The 1050ti isn't good enough to outperform the i5-8300h in it in almost all scenarios. Having a 1060 (even the low power varient) is a much better use of that extra couple hundred bucks over the upgraded processor.
Yeah looked more into the gpu and it's meh, tho it goes under $400 i'll think of picking it up at that price.

Got "5 in stock" of the gaming desktop about 30min from here for 649.  Just don't know if I can justify it at that price yet despite it being an obvious upgrade over my aging PC...

If you absolutely need to bring games with you, then it seems like a good gaming laptop. Not sure about the battery life on it in a 4K game, however. I personally try to avoid gaming laptops because you're sacrificing power for portability at a higher price. You don't need a great PC to play Fortnite or Hearthstone, and I can't see myself needing to play Ark or Crysis 3 on the go. Why not get out and see the sights if you're on a business trip? Set up some dates and put those clearance condoms to good use? A phone and tablet are enough mobile gaming for me.
Can a 1050 run 4K well?

Yeah looked more into the gpu and it's meh, tho it goes under $400 i'll think of picking it up at that price.
It's not exactly 'meh' considering the rest of the specs of the laptop and the competition (or it's 'just right' amount of power for 1080p gaming). There isn't another laptop anywhere near that price that provides that level of GPU power for the price. The nearest competitors are the Dell G3 and Lenovo Legion, both of which are considerably more. The Nitro 5 is by far the cheapest to feature the card.

Had an asian couple returning an HP Omen Gaming Tower and they were pissed about something. I did my best not to eavesdrop though. They were nice enough to me, but they let loose on the store manager (especially the lady).

It was this: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=197665204

I'm assuming they were try to do a return rebuy or something of that nature and couldn't because the price of those babies in my store is $299, but we don't have any more in stock.

Found a couple of the $89 Beats Studio 3, I know Beats aren’t top of the game but between the price and W1 chip they’ve been a blast so far.

Had an asian couple returning an HP Omen Gaming Tower and they were pissed about something. I did my best not to eavesdrop though. They were nice enough to me, but they let loose on the store manager (especially the lady).
It was this: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=197665204
I'm assuming they were try to do a return rebuy or something of that nature and couldn't because the price of those babies in my store is $299, but we don't have any more in stock.
What relevance was their ethnicity in that story?

Am I the only one that completely overlooked their ethnicity part because I don't care either way and took it as more of a description to the story?  Maybe I just don't look that much into things idk.

Am I the only one that completely overlooked their ethnicity part because I don't care either way and took it as more of a description to the story? Maybe I just don't look that much into things idk.
This guy is right... This page like every other one is becoming over run with Sally's

Am I the only one that completely overlooked their ethnicity part because I don't care either way and took it as more of a description to the story? Maybe I just don't look that much into things idk.
Nope. Everybody gets butthurt over that kind of thing though, due to our PC culture.

Yes it's superfluous info he could have left out, but it's not like it was used in a derogatory way or negative connotation, so what does it matter. If it's so wrong what he did, why do people get a pass when they mention the quintessential soccer mom complaining or the ladies with the Bob hair cuts. If we go by the logic used in the previous posts, that's sexist, and yet I see that comment made all the time.

Same, barely noticed and still don't care now that it's been pointed out. Why don't we all just focus on the deals.

Speaking of the Omens, the desktops finally dropped to $949 by me and have been cleaned out. Same with the monitor, which just dropped to $349. There is a store nearby that says they have 2 of each in stock but in my Walmart experience, 2 in stock means 0.

nah he was sayin that since theyre asian when they dont like a computer you know something is up because theyre so smart 

hi brain

Pointing it out is very relevant. If people don't get called out for doing things that are problematic they won't know they're doing anything wrong.
This is the reason Democrats continue to lose elections. You're on an internet message board about videogames DEALS. If we could tell his intention was to allude to an offensive stereotype (is there one about Asian shoppers?) then you might have grounds.

Maybe go out and campaign against some of the truly regressive candidates looking to roll back a whole host of minority, women, and lower income citizens' rights instead of making yourself feel better by being the most delicate snowflake on CAG.

Nope. Everybody gets butthurt over that kind of thing though, due to our PC culture.
Yes, a culture so politically correct that we just had a shooting at a synagogue, and a shooting at a grocery store because the guy couldn't shoot up a black church, and another guy who shipped bombs to a dozen Democrats... yeesh. If this damned country gets any more "politically correct" the police will start wearing red armbands.

Everyone is so hyper-sensitive about everything these days. I assumed he included that because it seemed he was not able to clearly "overhear" what they were talking about. Perhaps harmless, perhaps racist... but why is it that "we" have to make that determination?

tenor.gif

Guys, guys. Stop feeding the troll. The Questyen said something stupid, as usual, looking for attention, and we are all giving it to him.

It's easier to live your life oblivious when these things don't affect you.
So how did it affect you that he said an Asian couple returned a gaming PC?

Like if he said a couple of gooks returned them and I hate gooks, then sure that would just be uncalled for - but until it was pointed out 99% of us didn't think anything of it.

So how did it affect you that he said an Asian couple returned a gaming PC?

Like if he said a couple of gooks returned them and I hate gooks, then sure that would just be uncalled for - but until it was pointed out 99% of us didn't think anything of it.
how did you misspell "gokus" twice smdh

RIP Savings Catcher for most folks today. I might end up missing that as much as GCU, but with all the people abusing the system it's understandable they'd eventually do something like this. Great program while it lasted though.

RIP Savings Catcher for most folks today. I might end up missing that as much as GCU, but with all the people abusing the system it's understandable they'd eventually do something like this. Great program while it lasted though.
Savings Catcher is still available. It is now tied to Walmart Pay. If you link a debit or credit card to Walmart Pay, when you use it at the register it will automatically submit your digital receipt.

I hate these stores linking all of these cross-deals to save. It's not enough that you have a loyalty card at some stores, you still have to link it to some additional online account, and then you have to additionally log into the app and choose the savings you want to download to the card. It's just insane, and I see Walmart is joining the fray.

Same, barely noticed and still don't care now that it's been pointed out. Why don't we all just focus on the deals.

Speaking of the Omens, the desktops finally dropped to $949 by me and have been cleaned out. Same with the monitor, which just dropped to $349. There is a store nearby that says they have 2 of each in stock but in my Walmart experience, 2 in stock means 0.
I bet a bunch of white people bought them. :roll: :roll: :roll:

EDIT: This was a joke in response to these SJW's not batting an eye if someone said "white people" in the same context, which they obviously didn't understand by the screeching below. Good thing we're free to "bash" white people cuz they're not a minority, amirite?

bread's done
Back