Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to cheap ass sjw!
Question: Why the need for that Asian bit?

2 possible responses:

1) Wha? I didn’t mean anything by that. Hmm but now that I take 2 seconds to think about it, I’d never say ‘yo there was this WHITE couple in front of me giving the salesperson hell, cause well, obviously that’d be goofy. I guess I see the point.
“My bad. Didn’t mean thing by it. I edited it out.”

Or

2) A bunch of ironically thin skinned guys can get triggered by such a benign comment and whine about sallies and sjws while simultaneously crying about there being no place for that here.

I see we took the high road.

Question: Why the need for that Asian bit?

2 possible responses:

1) Wha? I didn’t mean anything by that. Hmm but now that I take 2 seconds to think about it, I’d never say ‘yo there was this WHITE couple in front of me giving the salesperson hell, cause well, obviously that’d be goofy. I guess I see the point.
“My bad. Didn’t mean thing by it. I edited it out.”

Or

2) A bunch of ironically thin skinned guys can get triggered by such a benign comment and whine about sallies and sjws while simultaneously crying about there being no place for that here.

I see we took the high road.
everyday life must be full of rage and frustration for you :(

God damn guys let's move on, anyone seen dildos at their Walmart??
They only have returned ones from this specimen:

not-leggings.jpg

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55703255

This was available last week at my store because it was still MSRP even though BS showed it at $17. Checked today, and it was clearanced out but no stock, even though BS reported 20 on hand. Associates are too lazy to check in the back. Second time I've been told to call back the next day to ask for the dept manager.

Hoping to use this cooler to store my games. Or, to put my weed in there.

https://youtu.be/CKOc6hXMDhc

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55703255

This was available last week at my store because it was still MSRP even though BS showed it at $17. Checked today, and it was clearanced out but no stock, even though BS reported 20 on hand. Associates are too lazy to check in the back. Second time I've been told to call back the next day to ask for the dept manager.

Hoping to use this cooler to store my games. Or, to put my weed in there.

https://youtu.be/CKOc6hXMDhc
I have this cooler. I picked it up for around $30. It's garbage except for the fact the lid seals water tight. My cheap Coleman cooler of similar size keeps ice longer.

I was able to order one of those ps4 1tb spiderman for pickup. It doesn't say much but seems like just the console with spiderman box.

I'd be tempted if I didn't already have a Playstation 4. Or rather, would have been tempted. Right now, my PS4 has pretty much become my Sleeping Dogs player. I bought that game for five bucks a little while ago, and it's become one of my smarter video game purchases. I don't really have the interest in anything else!

Sorry I know that this has been mentioned before but I can't remember what most outcomes were.  What is the consensus about placing a ship to store order for something that was on clearance?  When it arrives, will I be charged the online price or the store clearance price?

I'd be tempted if I didn't already have a Playstation 4. Or rather, would have been tempted. Right now, my PS4 has pretty much become my Sleeping Dogs player. I bought that game for five bucks a little while ago, and it's become one of my smarter video game purchases. I don't really have the interest in anything else!
In a perfect world, this is the mindset that every CAG should have. But we're all so busy spending money in a grand attempt to save money.

Found a couple of those omen monitors for $196, best deal around for a 165hz GSYNC

Almost regret not getting it for $250 when the Omen tower dropped to $300. I only bought the tower because of the extreme discount. Grabbed an Asus Predator for $125 too. Didn't want to spend almost $600 for a new setup I didn't even need, and have still yet to use.

In a perfect world, this is the mindset that every CAG should have. But we're all so busy spending money in a grand attempt to save money.
Being a broke-ass gamer means being a cheap-ass gamer by default. I do take advantage of these deals, but usually as a matter of frugality.

never get in on these deals anymore. somehow the resellers on slickdeals always get to them first. i could use a fast computer too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone had any experience with brickseek premium? Just wondering if it's useful at all.
The price drop views are useful, it's how I got 3 $45 elite controllers. I think that big price deals show sooner if you have the elite membership but I'm not sure I'd go to that level

This seems like a pretty good deal to me: Xbox One S 1TB Your Choice Of Bundle + 2 Controllers + Red Dead Redemption 2 + $5 Microsoft Store Gift Card - $259.00

https://www.walmart.com/co/Choice-of-Microsoft-Xbox-One-S-1TB-with-BONUS-Game-and-2-BONUS-Controllers-and-BONUS-Microsoft-Gift-Card/764600048
I've been considering this deal since I have an original 500 gb Xbox One. My TV can only do 1080, so I don't need an Xbox One X. But then, I think that I probably don't need another system and should just buy an external hard drive. Thoughts?

I've been considering this deal since I have an original 500 gb Xbox One. My TV can only do 1080, so I don't need an Xbox One X. But then, I think that I probably don't need another system and should just buy an external hard drive. Thoughts?
You will see a drastic change in games on the X even with a 1080 tv.

I was actually looking that up, considering the X was available yesterday for $368 in that other thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhqpQEcv9rE

I own a 4K TV, but the difference there seems pretty small to me. Microsoft is migrating a lot of their IP's to PC, where I can get the res and fps at the same time without having to switch modes. The only reason I want one is to play all the GWG titles I've been getting these past few years, plus I got that very cheap GamePass a while ago. Thinking the X is only worth it if your PC is a toaster.

bread's done
Back