Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a few games on clearance at a local Walmart (Kings Canyon Rd Fresno CA)

:ps4: Final Fantasy XIV Complete  $15

:ps4: Batman: The Enemy Within $10

:ps4: Elite Dangerous $10

:ps4: Dead Rising 4: Frank's Big Package $10

:ps4: Steep $5

:ps4: Styx: Shards of Darkness $5

:ps4: MLB: The Show 18 MVP Edition  $20

:xb1: Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition $5

:xb1: Torment: Tide of Numenera $10

:xb1: Tom Clancy's The Division $5

:switch: Sine Mora EX $10

There were plenty of other games on clearance besides these but were less impressive in value or Farming Games up the wazoo.  The Switch clearance was not that impressive either (usual suspects like Poi, Cartoon Network titles etc). 

Grabbed the last copy of Batman, Styx & Dark Souls III BTW for anyone local.  Hope this helps!

For those who bought the Huawei MediaPad T3 8", is it good for watching youtube videos and browsing the net for like Amazon, Bestbuy and other retail sites? I don't plan to game or download anything? Does it run smooth? 

For those who bought the Huawei MediaPad T3 8", is it good for watching youtube videos and browsing the net for like Amazon, Bestbuy and other retail sites? I don't plan to game or download anything? Does it run smooth?
It's been ok for me so far other than wishing I could flash to a pure android rom

Pretty sure the 8 and the 10 have the same specs so I am going off the 10 inch I got.

I watched a full episode of Futurama on my spectrum tv app and it ran wonderful. The app didn't feel laggy and once the picture cleared it stayed consistant the whole time.

I used youtube very little but watched a trailer for KH3 and it seemed fine to me.

My best comparison is a game though. Marvel Future Fight runs much better on the Huawei then my old galaxy tab. It use to crash during a new sentinel boss fight and the Huawei didn't have that issue.

The webrowsing on it feels smooth and no issues I noticed. So if you just want it for browsing and video streaming, I think it is a worthwhile buy.

Some decent Switch accessory finds. They also had the lan adapter and 4 joy con charging dock for $5.

[attachment=31243:10977B35-A98B-4927-B6ED-8DC4362F8ABD.jpeg]

nice charging dock might have to look for that one, I bought two of the Power A charging docks for my xbone controllers for $5 and have been pretty happy with them overall, batteries seem to last well enough so far

Yeah I'm about done with even looking at Brickseek, I couldn't even tell you the last time it was accurate at either Target or Walmart for me. I know most people want to blame the stores but it's the same everywhere I go within about a two hour radius of me. Like here, says my store has five chairs in stock (also said three of the tablets but yeah...nope as well). I go in and not only is there nothing, but it appears they don't even carry the item. Sometimes I'll ask for an employee to help but I'm even over that, as I'm tired of them always looking exhausted and coming back with a hard "no sorry we actually don't have any". BS can blame the stores all they want but my guess would be it's been well over a year since BS was accurate for me. Shoot, crazy thing is the inaccuracy has gone both ways, when it says no stock I've found stuff there...or when it says no stock it'll be there but full price, etc. Sigh...wonder how much gas I've wasted due to BS. Shoot, wonder how much gas many of us here have wasted due to BS.

/endrant

I just bought the Huawei T3 8" Tablet. The price tag showed $99 but I scanned the barcode at a price scanner and it was indeed $49. Check out went like a breeze and I also grabbed a $46 Dualshock 4 Sunset Orange along with the Huawei Tablet. The tablet looks nice and it does work fine. If a store near you say limited stock or shows yellow, it might be a display one. My store in next town showed three but there were only two available in its box. Thanks everyone for posting the deals.   

Yeah I'm about done with even looking at Brickseek, I couldn't even tell you the last time it was accurate at either Target or Walmart for me. I know most people want to blame the stores but it's the same everywhere I go within about a two hour radius of me. Like here, says my store has five chairs in stock (also said three of the tablets but yeah...nope as well). I go in and not only is there nothing, but it appears they don't even carry the item. Sometimes I'll ask for an employee to help but I'm even over that, as I'm tired of them always looking exhausted and coming back with a hard "no sorry we actually don't have any". BS can blame the stores all they want but my guess would be it's been well over a year since BS was accurate for me. Shoot, crazy thing is the inaccuracy has gone both ways, when it says no stock I've found stuff there...or when it says no stock it'll be there but full price, etc. Sigh...wonder how much gas I've wasted due to BS. Shoot, wonder how much gas many of us here have wasted due to BS.

/endrant
Yeah, most clearance items have been a wild goose chase, especially at Walmart. For Target, I have seen cases where Brickseek, the Target app, and the associates scanner all say something is in stock, but none to be found. I think I've probably only gotten 30-50% of clearance items I've gone after either due to inventory error or associate's unwillingness to help look.

Yeah, most clearance items have been a wild goose chase, especially at Walmart. For Target, I have seen cases where Brickseek, the Target app, and the associates scanner all say something is in stock, but none to be found. I think I've probably only gotten 30-50% of clearance items I've gone after either due to inventory error or associate's unwillingness to help look.
Recently I've had a rash of that at Target! I get BS since it's not officially part of Target, can excuse it somewhat. But when Target's website AND the app also tell me it's in stock... Grrrr.

/endrant
Or you live in a high theft area and the reason BS says they're in stock is because the store hasn't reconciled that with their systems.

I think that chair got a model refresh, store had some boxed but with a different upc, must be why it's being cleared

Or you live in a high theft area and the reason BS says they're in stock is because the store hasn't reconciled that with their systems.
Or the employees or hiding them in back for themselves. Went looking for a roomba and of course none out, they don't have them etc. But inventory went from 2 to 0 the next day.

Where isn't a high theft area nowadays? But no, don't think it's one here and certainly not at some of the Targets/WM's I've been to that are in really nice areas (pretty much rural where I am). Doesn't mean people still aren't stealing or there isn't other issues...but it's still frustrating to the point where I'm definitely done making special trips based on BS.

Or the employees or hiding them in back for themselves. Went looking for a roomba and of course none out, they don't have them etc. But inventory went from 2 to 0 the next day.
More than likely, if anything, I get the feeling it's this. But again still makes BS useless to me. This is over four Targets and at least six WM's, it's been at least a year, maybe two, since BS snagged me a deal at any of them.

Wal-Mart pretty close has Adventure Time Switch for $7. Is it worth the price and or effort?
It's hard to say no a $7, but it's just runs so poorly. I bought it used at GS 2 weeks ago and returned it after 3 hours of play. It received a patch, so it's slightly better since the initial reviews (now there's battle music), but the game still has long load times (7-10 seconds to load battle, 5 seconds to load back to overworld) and the thing chugs a lot at seemingly random times.

It's hard to say no a $7, but it's just runs so poorly. I bought it used at GS 2 weeks ago and returned it after 3 hours of play. It received a patch, so it's slightly better since the initial reviews (now there's battle music), but the game still has long load times (7-10 seconds to load battle, 5 seconds to load back to overworld) and the thing chugs a lot at seemingly random times.
Thank you for the response. That's what I was concerned about. I think I'm going to pass.

I just found this Better Homes and Garden tower for $45. It looks like you can find it cheaper at different locations ~$21

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=55145752

Better Homes & Gardens Steele Audio/Video Tower
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Homes-Gardens-Steele-Audio-Video-Tower-for-Your-Home-Espresso/55145752
I got 2 of these for $20 each and the tv stand for $45. They are manufactured by Whalen, but just rebranded. I spent last weekend assembling everything. I also got the end table for $25.

More than likely, if anything, I get the feeling it's this. But again still makes BS useless to me. This is over four Targets and at least six WM's, it's been at least a year, maybe two, since BS snagged me a deal at any of them.
This is exactly why they either need to enforce the policy of employees not being able to put things to the side. Or just let them buy it right then and there to take it off the inventory, so I don't have to go on wild goose chases.

If someone working at Walmart wants to grab something I'm all for it, because that job is hell and they deserve it

If someone working at Walmart wants to grab something I'm all for it, because that job is hell and they deserve it
I agree as I have said that before on here. It's a perk of an otherwise crappy paying job. If I worked for Walmart, I would take advantage of clearance items as much as possible.

bread's done
Back