Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my dad a b7 refurb through Walmart last year for $1,350. Low hours looked unused basically.

Steal imo considering the 'deal' I got on my b6 including credit card matching one of those sketchy Joe's av type sites was $1,100 a year before.

Exactly this. It's amazing how many people buy a $300 TV and then declare that 4K isn't anything special. You get what you pay for with televisions, more so than most other consumer goods. High-end sets look amazing and they have also never been cheaper before. You can get a really nice 55" TV for $1000 and that never used to be the case.

In fact, right now at Walmart you can get a 2018 55" LG B8 OLED for only $1095. That's a $1500 television during previous sales. It appears that Amazon and Best Buy has followed suit and are selling them for ~$1100 as well. When they're gone, they're gone, and last year around the same time when something like this happened with the B7, they shot back up to $1600 again shortly after enough units were moved.

Right now is the best time of year to buy a good television. Black Friday week and Super Bowl week usually have the heaviest discounts, and then things get slowly clearanced out starting at the end of Feb. or early March until the next years 2019 televisions start arriving in May.

Oh wow this takes me back...

I remember when 720i/p and 1080i/p TVs were coming out. I couldn't believe the nonsense I would hear people say "oh I can't tell the difference between those fancy 'high def' TVs" or "DVDs and blurays look the same to me". Meanwhile these mf'in fools were hooking up those TVs with composite or component cables!!! Wow... I just triggered myself hah

Department manager who was doing some shady shit at one of my stores is no longer at the store so they finally started putting out his piles of "missing/stolen" games. They've only put out the 3ds stuff so far but managed to grab Captain Toad for $2, Pokemon Moon for $1 and Radiant Historia for $2.50

3 down, 60 games to go....
Can you get another Moon? I have a Y, Alpha Sapphire, Omega Ruby, Smash Wii U, and NSMB2 I could trade you.

Can you get another Moon? I have a Y, Alpha Sapphire, Omega Ruby, Smash Wii U, and NSMB2 I could trade you.

I'd love a Moon as well though I bet Bezerker is going to be bombarded with asks with prices that low.

I'm actually looking for Pokemon X for my fiancé from the recent drops. I'm working on a trade now for Y for me, though still need X.

Phillips is not a reputable brand for televisions. This is one of those $300 TVs, but in 75" size. Beyond something like the occasional LG B8, you're not going to find find good TVs at Target or Walmart. They are all low-end sets being sold at a premium.

Use Rtings for TV reviews.

Where I'm confused is how websites are claiming this walmart deal today for the B8. From my research, it's some paid advertising as it's all over the web. Plus it isn't even sold by walmart, it's a third party item.

Any thoughts on this tv? Would be family room tv, not for gaming.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=947711860
Phillips is not a reputable brand for televisions. This is one of those $300 sets, but in 75" size. Beyond something like the occasional LG B8, you're not going to find find good TVs at Target or Walmart. They mostly have low-end sets being sold at a premium.

If you want something in that grade and price range, you should get a TCL.

The store near me must have overridden the clearance prices that Brickseek quoted and raised the prices back up to their original MSRPs.

Walmart is stupid.

TL;DR High-end Sony, LG, and Samsung televisions are all better than TCL for gaming and BD and UHD disc playback. Too bad Samsungs don't do Dolby Vision.
Returned two Samsung NU8000's after miserable experiences with black levels, flickering problems during PS4 gaming, and blooming issues. Bad local dimming. Even the Q series Samsung scored very poorly for local dimming on rtings (believe 1.8 out of 10). Think they are overrated TV's, IMO, but to each his own.

As for OLED, staying away for gaming due to burn-in. Considering TCL 6 Series, just for the bargain of it. I don't believe in paying a ton of money for 4K TV's. You don't always get performance, relative to price.

Returned two Samsung NU8000's after miserable experiences with black levels, flickering problems during PS4 gaming, and blooming issues. Bad local dimming. Even the Q series Samsung scored very poorly for local dimming on rtings (believe 1.8 out of 10). Think they are overrated TV's, IMO, but to each his own.

As for OLED, staying away for gaming due to burn-in. Considering TCL 6 Series, just for the bargain of it. I don't believe in paying a ton of money for 4K TV's. You don't always get performance, relative to price.

When you mention staying away from OLED due to burn in, are you saying this based on experience and use, or internet opinions? I ask because I've owned one for a decent amount of time now, and have played many hours of games with HUDs and non-moveable bars without any issues.

Which do you prefer, between the Sony X900E and the LG B7A?
B7A is better for movies, for sure. X900E is probably better for gaming though since the burn in risk is non-existent.

Also I might be the only person that loves the Android TV interface bit doesn’t like LG’s OS - and I’m not a big android fan

The NU8000 isn’t really a high end set, it’s more middle of the road. The premiums start with the Q series.

OLED burn in is a thing, but like others said you’ll get what you pay for. TCL ain’t bad for the money but don’t expect a high end set.

anybody else have a B8 or similar OLED and have an issue where the brightness is not uniform, the left half of the screen is way brighter on a gradient basically as grey as a cheap 720p Dynex ?

Like I can “fix” it by turning the brightness way down below 50 which simply loses detail on the right side of the screen.

I’m in a weird situation as I got my TV from rent a center and only had a one weekish “tell us if there’s any problems” window I didn’t notice it until about three to four weeks later.

Is it something to take up with LG, RAC, or heavens forbid buying another one at Walmart and returning this one?

I have a B7 with zero issues. Did you rent or buy a preowned model? If so I would treat that as if you’re buying a rental car, expect it to have been abused.

Well it looks like some have finally dropped near me so I know what I will be do today.  Also since other people are offering so will I but it looks like there are "possible" multiples I could grab so if anyone would be interested in Super Smash Bros Brawl or Fantasy Life let me know and I could grab some if there are any when I finally go.

Phillips is not a reputable brand for televisions. This is one of those $300 sets, but in 75" size. Beyond something like the occasional LG B8, you're not going to find find good TVs at Target or Walmart. They mostly have low-end sets being sold at a premium.

If you want something in that grade and price range, you should get a TCL.
my first hdtv was a 40" Philips I bought it back in 07 or 08 and it is still going strong

Well it looks like some have finally dropped near me so I know what I will be do today. Also since other people are offering so will I but it looks like there are "possible" multiples I could grab so if anyone would be interested in Super Smash Bros Brawl or Fantasy Life let me know and I could grab some if there are any when I finally go.
Interested in fantasy life if you can find an extra one.

Well it looks like some have finally dropped near me so I know what I will be do today. Also since other people are offering so will I but it looks like there are "possible" multiples I could grab so if anyone would be interested in Super Smash Bros Brawl or Fantasy Life let me know and I could grab some if there are any when I finally go.
I'm in for trading for Fantasy Life!

When you mention staying away from OLED due to burn in, are you saying this based on experience and use, or internet opinions? I ask because I've owned one for a decent amount of time now, and have played many hours of games with HUDs and non-moveable bars without any issues.
Talking about the well-documented burn-in issues associated with OLED's, based on most reviews and user experience. No, I don't own one. For you not to experience any burn-in of any kind with constant HUD-use gaming is highly unusual. Consider yourself lucky.

The NU8000 isn’t really a high end set, it’s more middle of the road. The premiums start with the Q series.
OLED burn in is a thing, but like others said you’ll get what you pay for. TCL ain’t bad for the money but don’t expect a high end set.
Except that the Q Series scored just as poorly for local dimming as the NU8000, at least according to rtings.com. So, not always worth spending more, IMO. Also, gaming is apparently a pain on LG OLED's, due to the auto-dimming feature (ASBL) that you can only turn off via the Service Menu. Seen too many bad examples on YouTube and read of frustrated owners.

Not expecting perfection from the TCL, but just want to get a decent panel. As long as you're not comparing TV's side by side in your home, many are happy with something less expensive than the "premium" brands. My only concern: will the TCL last as long as the name brand panels?

Picked up the following locally:

:ps3: 007: Blood Stone $1
:ps4: Earthfall $12
:ps4: Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Striker $18
:pc: Pillars of Eternity II $10
:ps4: Yakuza 6 $18

I was on the hunt for Fallout 4: GOTY, which one Walmart locally had for :xb1: $15 & :ps4: $20, but came up empty, but other games were plentiful including:

:ps4: :xb1: Dishonored 2 $5
:ps4: Conan: Exiles $13
:xb1: Conan: Exiles $13 & $10
:xb1: Division $5
:ps4: :xb1: Dynasty Warriors 9 $7
:ps4: Metal Gear Survive $15
:ps4: Sonic Forces $10
:ps4: We Happy Few $18
For some reason, Brickseek now seems not to list inventory for Walmart. Each time I click on "check inventory" (as I did for We Happy Few), a pop-up comes up, saying to check with that retailer. How do you get back to displaying BS's inventory? Btw, We Happy Few is no lower than $31.74, on the WM stores I am checking.

I’d love a copy of SSBB if you can grab an extra. Not sure I’d have much to trade, but if there’s something in particular you’re looking for, PM me and let me know.

Tried grabbing Pokemon Y, Ruby and Smash Bros and the cashier said they were not scanning despite me seeing the correct price on the screen. Now they all say N/A. RIP. Other games like Radiant Historia now say "limited stock" and appear to be marked back up to MSRP.

i only pre-order when something might actually not be there unless i order it, so i definitely made sure to preorder that.

I

I know you don't want to hear this and as a Walmart associate myself. Just buy your TV at Best Buy. It's going to be higher quality. I get SO MANY tvs returned at Walmart a day. I bet the amount I get a day is what a regular Best Buy gets in a week or more.
Only exception would be the OLED models or Samsung Q models. I’m honestly surprised Walmart sells OLED TVs, are they a specific Walmart model or are they actual B8s?

Tried grabbing Pokemon Y, Ruby and Smash Bros and the cashier said they were not scanning despite me seeing the correct price on the screen. Now they all say N/A. RIP. Other games like Radiant Historia now say "limited stock" and appear to be marked back up to MSRP.
That is exactly what happened to me the other night when I checked on games such as Fantasy Life at Walmart. I was pissed because Walmart is not close to me, and I wasted gas going over there after work. But, the cashier that helped me was the same one who sold me the $12 copies of Doom for Switch on Black Friday, and she didn't bat an eye at the price that day. So, I assumed that she was being honest and would have sold them to me for $3 if she could have. She probably could care less about playing or owning games.

Went back to the same store I was at earlier this week and noticed some more clearance games/tags. The reason I put "tags" is that there were a few empty spots where games had been marked down and apparently sold.

Switch

Disgaea 5 Comp - $5(none available)

Cave Story - $5(none available)

Super Bomberman - $5(none available)

Ben 10 - $5(none available)

Batman Telltale Series - $5(1 avail)

Adv Time Pirates - $5(1 avail)

Poi Explorer Ed - $5(1 avail)

XO

We Happy Few - $20

3DS

Fire Emblem Fates Conquest - $9

And while not video game related or even a "deal", this store finally put out the White Chocolate Snickers.... :D/

i’ll add my 2 cents fwiw to the tv convo, 1) the best place to buy a higher tier tv (despite tax) imo is costco 4 yr warranty using their visa and 7 yr if you buy squaretrade. we bought a 65 samsung js8500 for our living room that has been great (last 3d tv and unique color model exclusive to costco) 2) for a guest bedroom tv we just bought the 43” 4k toshiba fire tv from best buy via google express for $192 after promo/taxes. so far so good for a budget tv, remote has buttons for netflix, prime video, hbo, and vue. built in guide button for ota tv, 4k, hdr compatible (meh), built in snappy fire tv 3) for ease, i go rtngs.com and follow their calibration for the tvs and then adjust if need be.

That is exactly what happened to me the other night when I checked on games such as Fantasy Life at Walmart. I was pissed because Walmart is not close to me, and I wasted gas going over there after work. But, the cashier that helped me was the same one who sold me the $12 copies of Doom for Switch on Black Friday, and she didn't bat an eye at the price that day. So, I assumed that she was being honest and would have sold them to me for $3 if she could have. She probably could care less about playing or owning games.
I really don't get the radiant historia situation. According to brickseek it was marked down and six copies were available. Soon after the price is back to MSRP and it says limited stock despite not selling any copies. I checked again just now. Oh well. At least I got a launch copy of The Binding Of Isaac and Cave Story.

I really don't get the radiant historia situation. According to brickseek it was marked down and six copies were available. Soon after the price is back to MSRP and it says limited stock despite not selling any copies. I checked again just now. Oh well. At least I got a launch copy of The Binding Of Isaac and Cave Story.
That's still pretty good. The only deal I got when I went there was for those little 50 cent fruit pies that come in the cardboard boxes that they sell at the front of the store. But I paid MSRP, and those little pies really aren't that good. :cold:

So went in and looked and they only had most recent games behind the glass the rest was thrown in a plastic cases in a large bin. So half an hour later I could only find 1 Alpha Sapphire and 1 Fantasy Life. I ended up asking and said if they aren’t in the bins or behind glass we don’t have them. So not a total waste but still wished I could have found more as brickseek said there were more.

Still waiting on drops at my store. Don't feel good about it though, as no less than 3 people came to check with brickseek up on their phone while i was there. If the sketchy electronics employees don't gett them instantly the lurkers probably will.

Anyone else having a problem with Super Smash Bros Wii U being marked back up to 59.96? All the stores I saw it at for $3 are now showing it back at regular price

So I waited on posting this one until I found out it it was worth it. Walmart around the corner from me has had a voice activated security camera bundle from Altec Lansing on clearance for a couple days. It's $25 at some stores around here, $20 at one, and $50-60 elsewhere (original price was $100). You get an IP camera and a smart speaker (Google Home based) for (in our case) $25. We needed an extra "nanny cam" for when our niece and nephew stay with us, and this seemed like a good option. Can't complain about getting what will amount to another Bluetooth speaker for us, either. The camera quality is actually surprisingly good and I kinda want to go back and get another one.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=749855879

So I waited on posting this one until I found out it it was worth it. Walmart around the corner from me has had a voice activated security camera bundle from Altec Lansing on clearance for a couple days. It's $25 at some stores around here, $20 at one, and $50-60 elsewhere (original price was $100). You get an IP camera and a smart speaker (Google Home based) for (in our case) $25. We needed an extra "nanny cam" for when our niece and nephew stay with us, and this seemed like a good option. Can't complain about getting what will amount to another Bluetooth speaker for us, either. The camera quality is actually surprisingly good and I kinda want to go back and get another one.https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=749855879
Nice find. This is $45 at all the Walmarts in a 90 mile radius.

There's some 20$ ones in Cleveland and 25$ ones in Parma Ohio for those that live in the area.^

Just dropped by the Fuquay-Varina, NC store and saw a bunch of clearance on a table by the electronics counter. Most of the games were $15 with a few being less. I picked up Mafia III: Deluxe Edition for Xbox One and 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand (X360) for $15 each.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:31904]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:31903]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:31902]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:31901]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:31900]

I also found what was supposed to be a copy of Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest for $19 at the Knightdale, NC store but discovered when I got home that someone stole the game and repackaged it for return. Bleh.

Managed to get fantasy life and Fire emblem awakening yesterday.

Already picked up Y and ruby.

Found that 1 gs near me had the small new 3ds for $100 so I bit and now I have to figure out how to get my old account on it.

bread's done
Back