Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I wonder if someone actually bought this or if it was shrunk out of inventory.  

U6wL7wL.jpg

MSRP is $1200 and showing $199 all around me. One store has stock...

Any opinions? Good computer?

Edit: Nm, it appears to have a 1050ti.
It's a great machine so long as you don't use the keyboard a ton (I set mine up in the living room for gaming from the couch)-- the spacebar does not work unless you hit it dead-center.

That msi was part of a clearance/sendback. If a store shows limited, it’s a display model and cannot be sold.
Seems to be the case with a few laptops that I have found at a low clearance price. In stock, but demo/display units that either cannot be sold or are gone from the store with no UPC for them to remove from the system, or so I was told by a manager over the phone.

Patience and persistence pays off, my fellow CAGs...I’d visited a particular Walmart near my best friend’s house multiple times and was told conflicting stories by multiple different electronics reps and “managers” to the point where I was about to give up. Right before I left work today, I checked BrickSeek and saw that the three games I was hoping to acquire from this WM were still in stock, so I printed out the bar codes and went to the store in question. I headed straight for customer service and found a very helpful assistant manager with a handheld scanner, and asked him if he wouldn’t mind scanning a few barcodes to verify if they had the items actually in the store. He agreed, scanned the barcodes, and said all three should be in the storage cage in the back (something that another manager and many different electronics reps denied even having). He radioed electronics asking them to check the cage for the items, but it took much longer than normal as the cage was locked and only the main assistant manager had the key (who was at lunch). Thankfully, once he showed up, the games were quickly found, I was rung up and I walked out a happy camper with the following in tow for less than $15.
0f5e04e4616340d610050668ff1c3df2.jpg

Not going to lie...I expected better games with a story like that.
I’ve never played either Super Mario Maker or anything in the Arkham series, and I have LEGO Batman 3 for the PS3 and love it. To say I’m happy with my purchase is an understatement. Also, this is the same Walmart that’s selling the DS Jonas brothers game still at full MSRP for $39.99, so...

Patience and persistence pays off, my fellow CAGs...I’d visited a particular Walmart near my best friend’s house multiple times and was told conflicting stories by multiple different electronics reps and “managers” to the point where I was about to give up. Right before I left work today, I checked BrickSeek and saw that the three games I was hoping to acquire from this WM were still in stock, so I printed out the bar codes and went to the store in question. I headed straight for customer service and found a very helpful assistant manager with a handheld scanner, and asked him if he wouldn’t mind scanning a few barcodes to verify if they had the items actually in the store. He agreed, scanned the barcodes, and said all three should be in the storage cage in the back (something that another manager and many different electronics reps denied even having). He radioed electronics asking them to check the cage for the items, but it took much longer than normal as the cage was locked and only the main assistant manager had the key (who was at lunch). Thankfully, once he showed up, the games were quickly found, I was rung up and I walked out a happy camper with the following in tow for less than $15.
0f5e04e4616340d610050668ff1c3df2.jpg
Your story inspired me to check out the one Walmart near me that had 21 fire emblem conquests and 9 paper jams at $9 "disappear" last time I was there. brickseek still showed stock so I stopped in with my daughter after getting her some softball cleats. Thankfully paper jam and conquest were in the case and it was a smooth process. The shelf tags still showed $39.97. the Walmart associate was even friendly. We chatted about the fire emblem and Mario series during checkout.

Your story inspired me to check out the one Walmart near me that had 21 fire emblem conquests and 9 paper jams at $9 "disappear" last time I was there. brickseek still showed stock so I stopped in with my daughter after getting her some softball cleats. Thankfully paper jam and conquest were in the case and it was a smooth process. The shelf tags still showed $39.97. the Walmart associate was even friendly. We chatted about the fire emblem and Mario series during checkout.
Awesome! Glad you were able to finally get your hands on them.

Dude nice! Paper Jam is very underrated and I think the value holding so well reflects the favorable turn in opinion.

And Fire Emblem is always good. Can't wait for Three Houses.

Unfortunately, Paper Jam is still holding at $32.84 near me. Would love to get that for $9.
Ask Retroxcellance if he can pick up another. Its usually $3 shipping for media shipping via USPS

Edit: Speaking of which, I have a couple Kirby Planet Robobots for $22 at a nearby store. I plan on picking up 1 and can grab another if someone is interested.

Has anyone here ever had a problem with BB price-matching Walmart when the WM item online says "see price in Cart"? I think I remember having trouble in the past, with BB cashiers telling me the price has to be immediately visible on the website listing. The item in question this week is the NBA 2K19 One X Bundle, on sale for $395 at WM but you only see the price when you add it to your Cart. It's an official Walmart item, not 3rd party.

Ask Retroxcellance if he can pick up another. Its usually $3 shipping for media shipping via USPS
Edit: Speaking of which, I have a couple Kirby Planet Robobots for $22 at a nearby store. I plan on picking up 1 and can grab another if someone is interested.
I don't get out to that Walmart all that often but I will check next time I'm there if there are paper jams or fire emblem left

Has anyone here ever had a problem with BB price-matching Walmart when the WM item online says "see price in Cart"? I think I remember having trouble in the past, with BB cashiers telling me the price has to be immediately visible on the website listing. The item in question this week is the NBA 2K19 One X Bundle, on sale for $395 at WM but you only see the price when you add it to your Cart. It's an official Walmart item, not 3rd party.
The issue I believe is their price match system won't show the lower price if it's not visible on the listing.

Try having it already in your cart in the details screen showing sub-total before clicking checkout.

That msi was part of a clearance/sendback. If a store shows limited, it’s a display model and cannot be sold.
you weren't kidding about them being display models. went to a walmart a lil bit near me. At first they didn't want to sell it but... two of the employees were helpful and i was able to get it for 149.25 + tax and insurance so about 176.00. It needed a bit of cleaning and didn't come with a charger but, i had a universal charger that works with it. Seems decent so far.

you weren't kidding about them being display models. went to a walmart a lil bit near me. At first they didn't want to sell it but... two of the employees were helpful and i was able to get it for 149.25 + tax and insurance so about 176.00. It needed a bit of cleaning and didn't come with a charger but, i had a universal charger that works with it. Seems decent so far.
Score dude. Was it $149 when it rung up or did they drop it for open box/display?

I sorely wish I could get a gaming laptop, even with a 1050ti gpu, for $200.  Sadly anything with a dedicated gpu tends to go for 800-1000.

A Walmart about 25 minutes away is showing 2 of the MSI laptops in stock for $199. Debating whether that laptop is worth the roughly 50 minute trip.

A Walmart about 25 minutes away is showing 2 of the MSI laptops in stock for $199. Debating whether that laptop is worth the roughly 50 minute trip.
50 minutes round trip, and you question that? I’ve done four hours round trip for a PS4 Pro deal and the $300 Omen tower deal.

The issue I believe is their price match system won't show the lower price if it's not visible on the listing.

Try having it already in your cart in the details screen showing sub-total before clicking checkout.
Thx...will definitely try that. I guess it depends who you get. Some will take proof from your phone as enough evidence...some insist on trying to call it up themselves on their system or phone as well.

You should get one. I don't need a laptop at the moment, but I wouldn't pass up one for $200. Especially with those specs.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

If you’re in NC contemplating that deal, I can tell you that the store showing stock is notorious for theft and or bad counts. From talking with staff there, it’s gotten so bad that they’re considering turning it from a 24 hour store to one that’s open from 6-12.

If you do make the trip, good luck though!

If you’re in NC contemplating that deal, I can tell you that the store showing stock is notorious for theft and or bad counts. From talking with staff there, it’s gotten so bad that they’re considering turning it from a 24 hour store to one that’s open from 6-12.

If you do make the trip, good luck though!
Yes that is the store. Its probably not worth the gamble then since it is out of my way otherwise.

Certainly makes this recent find much less exciting, though I didn’t buy it either way:
I’m surprised. Out of the closest stores within 100 miles, only ONE store has them in stock at that price and it’s the one closest to me. Really can’t believe it. I got the PSVR for $200 from the NFM deal two holidays ago. I’d just want the games from this bundle, don’t need the full kit.

Hmm just got burned on the PSVR bundle... Brickseek said $150 but the price in store and when they scanned it was $349
Always insist to scan it with the Walmart app to check in-store price. Easy to say "weird, it scanned differently on the app, can I try it?" If it shows the price you want, ask them to honor it or have them call a manager and explain. 9 out of 10 times saying "the app showed that price when scanning" will get them to agree with you. The off chance they don't is when it shows a different sku or version (like if you want the Deluxe Edition of Red Dead but the app scanned and showed the regular edition)

If they scanned the printed label on the shelf then it could have been marked a different SKU. If they scanned the box, then they could have been right...BUT if it was showing not in stock, it may have shown the last known price until put into stock, ie manually by the employee or a POS point like at the register during checkout.

Edit: Are you sure it was the same PSVR model? You can check the UPC/SKU to see if it matches the one they scanned.

BS is showing 2 in stock at my store but I went and didn't see this anywhere. Would they still have this on display with that many or are chances good they're in hiding?
Most of the time they hide the clearance stuff in the back. Ask an employee if they have any in stock.

Most of the time they hide the clearance stuff in the back. Ask an employee if they have any in stock.
In cases like this, it is helpful to use the "show barcode" feature on Brickseek and have them scan it on their handheld scanner. It helps motivate them to help you since it is good evidence it might be in the back.

Always insist to scan it with the Walmart app to check in-store price. Easy to say "weird, it scanned differently on the app, can I try it?" If it shows the price you want, ask them to honor it or have them call a manager and explain. 9 out of 10 times saying "the app showed that price when scanning" will get them to agree with you. The off chance they don't is when it shows a different sku or version (like if you want the Deluxe Edition of Red Dead but the app scanned and showed the regular edition)

If they scanned the printed label on the shelf then it could have been marked a different SKU. If they scanned the box, then they could have been right...BUT if it was showing not in stock, it may have shown the last known price until put into stock, ie manually by the employee or a POS point like at the register during checkout.

Edit: Are you sure it was the same MSI model? You can check the UPC/SKU to see if it matches the one they scanned.
Only system that said $150 was Brickseek.. The Walmart app said $349 and instore price as well as in store scan...

Says $149 in my Walmart app but no stock at my local store. I saw the deal on the psvr subreddit. There is also a Doom bundle but it doesn't come with the move controllers.

Hmm. 2 of the Creed psvr bundles in stock nearby for the $150. I have one already from the $89 Target clearance last summer though so I'll have to pass.

bread's done
Back