Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I could never see paying that much money for a phone.

...a phone...?

*triggered*

I can say I'm only mildly joking here... I cannot stand when people say what you just said. You aren't buying a phone, you are buying a computer with multi core processors, a super high def camera, with 4K video as well. Something that is always online, a gaming device, a GPS for traveling and maps.

A flip phone is 'just a phone'. A smart device is anything but that.

...a phone...?

*triggered*

I can say I'm only mildly joking here... I cannot stand when people say what you just said. You aren't buying a phone, you are buying a computer with multi core processors, a super high def camera, with 4K video as well. Something that is always online, a gaming device, a GPS for traveling and maps.

A flip phone is 'just a phone'. A smart device is anything but that.
at the end of the day even with all the bells and whistles its still a phone

at the end of the day even with all the bells and whistles its still a phone

I guess that really depends on your definition of "phone." And then his definition of "phone."

I wholeheartedly disagree and this leads to a topic that has irritated me the past several years. When the term 'smartphone' first came out many years ago, it made sense. Today the meaning has changed, and leads to conversations such as this. Ask anyone you know and the phone app is most likely the least used function, where camera, internet, mail, books, gaming is usually the top things people do.

In my opinion, anyone who says "just a phone" today is highly ignorant on the technology. The devices are literally quad core PCs with RAM and flash hard drives, GPU, multiple camera lenses. I'm typing this on an iMac right now, a modern device like an iPhone XS or Galaxy S10 has similar specs, and this iMac can also make phone calls... so is my iMac "just a phone" too?

I wholeheartedly disagree and this leads to a topic that has irritated me the past several years. When the term 'smartphone' first came out many years ago, it made sense. Today the meaning has changed, and leads to conversations such as this. Ask anyone you know and the phone app is most likely the least used function, where camera, internet, mail, books, gaming is usually the top things people do.

In my opinion, anyone who says "just a phone" today is highly ignorant on the technology. The devices are literally quad core PCs with RAM and flash hard drives, GPU, multiple camera lenses. I'm typing this on an iMac right now, a modern device like an iPhone XS or Galaxy S10 has similar specs, and this iMac can also make phone calls... so is my iMac "just a phone" too?
people that get so upset over such little things amazes me... there are real problems like why has clearance in general sucked so bad lately

people that get so upset over such little things amazes me... there are real problems like why has clearance in general sucked so bad lately

I used to work in the industry and had encountered phrases such as "just a phone" nearly daily. The phrase strikes a nerve. Especially when someone uses that phrase towards a device that was once $800, now today probably valued at $400-$500, yet on clearance for under $200 and people still say it's expensive. When this whole time even a decade ago, people paid $500 for a flip phone that they thought was "free".

...and here I go again...

Smartphones are more than just phones, and $187 is a really good price for a new S8. Probably the real issue is that people use "itz just a phoen lulz" arguments only when they want to be dismissive or justify their dumbness. Good luck using a regular phone to take pictures, set your alarms, store shopping lists, watch videos at an airport, etc.

It's like if I went to a weeb's basement, saw his stupid collection of nendoroids or $80 PlayArts statues that serve no other purpose than literally collecting dust, and said, "I could never see paying that much money for an action figure."

Sure, the phones of today are really incredible computers, but at the end of the day they are still called phones. Try finding a Samsung Galaxy in the computer section at Best Buy.

Hey...
I am in Walmart right now.
If this is a rollback, you know what the clearance is like. I hate my Walmart sometimes. I see stuff like this here all the time.
fdcf1b4d8113dcff85e69eec905400df.jpg

Sure, the phones of today are really incredible computers, but at the end of the day they are still called phones. Try finding a Samsung Galaxy in the computer section at Best Buy.
Samsung Galaxy brand includes the Tab, and tablets are in the computer section. Since we're being fucking stupid about recognizing the distinction between smartphones and other types of phones for absolutely no reason.

Good luck using a regular phone to take pictures, set your alarms, store shopping lists, watch videos at an airport, etc.

"I could never see paying that much money for an action figure."
I can quite easily do all those things on my current phone besides watch videos. So I don't get your complaint. videos wise I rather do on my vita anyway since it has such a good screen and of course, is larger. Technically its a phone I suppose but it is a video game handheld console first. Really though alarm, lists, camera features can be found on nearly any device these days. Quality or function level can vary. This is the last I am willing to say on the phone subject since it isn't constructive to the topic.

As for the figures stuff I agree that spending that amount on a decoration seems like a waste of money. Though many people collect them to flip around here anyway.

Surprised to see jurai post again. Welcome back.

Apologies if this has been posted already, but the games initially marked down to $31.00 are now showing up as $23.00 in my area. This includes Kirby Planet Robobot, Dragon Quest VII and VIII, Pokemon Moon and others.

All of the stores around me have it at the $350 price. In order, they have 58, 7, 5, 64, 2, limited, limited, limited, limited. That is a LOT of consoles...
Are these leftover Launch Day consoles sent by MS or are they still churning out these standalone consoles? Just curious, because Best Buy doesn't even carry the plain standalone One X consoles anymore...just bundles. Walmart is just about the only place I see the standalone X console anymore, so I can only guess these are old.

Apologies if this has been posted already, but the games initially marked down to $31.00 are now showing up as $23.00 in my area. This includes Kirby Planet Robobot, Dragon Quest VII and VIII, Pokemon Moon and others.
At my walmart they marked down a bunch of clearance games even cheaper than what they were a few days ago including the ones you listed. Got Transformers Devastation on PS3 for $1 (was $3 last weekend) and Ninja Gaiden 3 on PS3 for $3 (was $7 last weekend.) I was actually considering picking up Ninja Gaiden for the $7 price last week since it was the only one they had, really lucky I decided not to.

Also found a copy of Digimon Cyber Sleuth for $15 and decided to grab it. Had been wanting to play it for a while but it seemed to never go on sale. Found out later it actually got delisted on PSN, I had no idea. Even more happy I picked it up now.

I thought my Walmart NEVER puts out clearance games, even games like Pokemon Omega Ruby will be $5 at other stores but $39.99 at mine.

Yesterday, however, I found the following:

Dragon Quest VIII 3DS 23.99 (I remember when these were less than ten bucks at Toys R Us, sadly, lost my other copy and this has been the cheapest I seen it since.)

Gravity Rush 2 PS4 $5.00
Just Dance Disney Party Wii $1.00
Pikmin 3 Wii U $7.00
Super Mario 3D World Wii U $7.00
Sonic Boom Fire & Ice $5.00

Several others too, but those were the standouts I picked up.

The Android 9 / Samsung One UI update hit my Unlocked S8+ last week, so this phone should be immediately upgrade-able.
These are slowly but surely coming down around here. Once they hit $187, I'll pounce.

Thanks to a department reset, my money store got rid of the makeshift Clearance aisle in Electronics and dumped all the games into a bin. I've found some random, decent deals, including a pristine Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer NFC Reader bundle for $15. A couple of hours after I got home with it, my five year old came running to me and told me to come to her room and see the most amazing thing ever. I didn't know to expect, but what I certainly didn't expect was said bundle now un-bundled, the main box torn in half horizontally.[emoji24]

Thankfully it looks like the NFC reader still has some value...

Dang, I've gotta track down that Gravity Rush 2.

Several stores "nearby" (35+ miles away) have either Limited Stock or Quantity 2-3.

Hoping I'm able to find one the next time I find myself in one of those cities.

Well, a friend of mine wasn't able to find GR2 at his store (that says Quantity 2), but he picked me up No Man's Sky and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash for $5 each.

Found a Cozmo robot clearanced half off at 89, but couldn't convince myself to pick it up.  Kids would love it, but how long would they actually play with it is the real question.

Indeed, as many others have already pointed out, there was a recent drop in clearance games from $31 to $23 that appears to be company-wide. The following list includes titles that others have pointed out: please let me know if there are any others that might fall in this category.

:3ds: Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=54300751

:3ds: Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=54300753

:3ds: Kirby: Planet Robobot

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=50315483

:wiiu: Paper Mario: Color Splash

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=53966164

:3ds: Pokemon Moon

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=50168522

:3ds: Pokemon Sun

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=50168521

:wiiu: Pokken Tournament

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=50775502

:wiiu: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=50382777

I feel like some of these games should be $20 titles by now, just in general. Nintendo has really been dragging it's legs with the discount games this past generation.

I feel like some of these games should be $20 titles by now, just in general. Nintendo has really been dragging it's legs with the discount games this past generation.
Yup, I’m waiting for one more drop down to sub-$20 prices before I bite on any of these titles. I also saw that :wiiu: Breath of the Wild dropped to $35, but now I want to wait until that drops to $20, too...

I found Fantasy Life for $5 tonight. Some stores (zip code: 70002) an hour away from me are reporting $0.03.

https://brickseek.com/p/fantasy-life-nintendo-3ds/169018#in-store-offers

I also saw Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U) for $5, Legend of Zelda Tri-Force Heroes (3DS) for $5, Tomadochi Life (3DS) for $7, and Wolfenstein (PS4) for $1.
Go get those Fantasy Lifes. Lots of people in this thread have been looking to buy/trade for it.

Edit: Oh, 1 hour away. It would suck for you to waste your time. If you want to make it worth it, check out this post and see if there are any other good finds there: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/354427-walmart-ymmv-in-store-clearance-thread-i-read-the-faqs/page-252#entry14136011

Go get those Fantasy Lifes. Lots of people in this thread have been looking to buy/trade for it.
Edit: Oh, 1 hour away. It would suck for you to waste your time. If you want to make it worth it, check out this post and see if there are any other good finds there: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/354427-walmart-ymmv-in-store-clearance-thread-i-read-the-faqs/page-252#entry14136011
I found Fantasy Life a couple months ago when the $3 clearance started. The problem was the store refused to sell it to me since the price came up blank in store and their inventory said 0 on hand. I half jokingly told them “well if you don’t even have them in inventory and you won’t sell them to me, you won’t notice them gone either”. At that point they checked online and made up a price based on the walmart website, around $40.

Yeah, it's not worth it for me to drive an hour away and potentially have BS be incorrect. I'll let someone else enjoy the deal if they can find it.

Anyone play Xenoblade Chronicles X? It looks interesting but I think I'd prefer it on the Switch.

Also, thanks for the list. Turns out one of the stores near me has a copy of Bowser's Inside Story for the DS, which I was looking for a few months ago before the 3DS release. I think I'll be making a trip to that store soon since it often shows up as having deals. Unfortunately, that one is also nearly an hour away in another direction.

Dang, after reading about the $5 Gravity Rush I went to my walmart because I remember seeing one on the shelf, but it was gone. Also Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth is marked down to $9 now even though it was $15 last week when I bought it. Really depressing trip all around lol.

Mentioned it in my original post but good price for anyone interested in the game, since it was delisted on PSN for whatever reason. 

Well another wasted trip. The jest of it is Brickseek said they had it and Walmart didn’t have it. The thing that bugs me is that I have watched it on Brickseek and it just keeps going down in price with the same stock. Smash Brawl is down to $0.03, FE: Conquest is down to $3, and Fantasy Life down to $1 but yet no one can find them.

I bought approximately 200 snickers bars at 10 cents a pop today at Walmart, and 100 hersheys mint cookie crunch bars at ten cents, also picked up 25 packs of that Perky Turkey Jerkey at a buck a pack, also picked up 4 copies of Photoshop Elements 2018 at 3 cents, and 2 copies of Corel Draw 2018 at 3 cents, and skipped mario tennis since I plan to eventually mod my Wii U if I ever get to it, but did pick up Fallout New Vegas ultimate edition on xb360/xb1 for $7 since I like playing it while vegging on the couch

bread's done
Back