Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Well another wasted trip. The jest of it is Brickseek said they had it and Walmart didn’t have it. The thing that bugs me is that I have watched it on Brickseek and it just keeps going down in price with the same stock. Smash Brawl is down to $0.03, FE: Conquest is down to $3, and Fantasy Life down to $1 but yet no one can find them.
Probably inaccurate inventory info, at that price I'm sure plenty of people have asked them to look

Oh man I have been trying to find a cheap version of Adobe Premiere for a long long time.

Sadly all the stores near me only have the old premiere elements 13 which is what I already own!

I will keep on searching but dang that is something I never considered even looking for at Walmart.

I don't really know how low these have gotten historically, but all stores around me have dropped Razer Ornata Chroma keyboards to $49.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=712073058

Does anyone have any thoughts on these? Never owned a mechanical keyboard. I've been looking into Cherry brown switches for a while now but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet; curious if these are worth considering.
It's only pseudo mechanical, it gives off the feel of it but isn't truly mechanical. I suggest watching /r/mechmarket or /r/buildapcsales for one to come that fits your layout you want. I use a Ducky Shine 5 w/ browns, and a custom built 96 key at work with purples (brown-esque), I had a Varmilo but I got really bad ghost presses for some reason on it

I don't really know how low these have gotten historically, but all stores around me have dropped Razer Ornata Chroma keyboards to $49.

Does anyone have any thoughts on these? Never owned a mechanical keyboard. I've been looking into Cherry brown switches for a while now but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet; curious if these are worth considering.
Once you go mechanical you will never go back. I can't speak to Ornata, but Razer makes great stuff. I have the BlackWidow KB and seriously my only complaint is that the top row of number keys, they symbols aren't lit as well. I can never find $,&, # in the dark.

Once you go mechanical you will never go back. I can't speak to Ornata, but Razer makes great stuff. I have the BlackWidow KB and seriously my only complaint is that the top row of number keys, they symbols aren't lit as well. I can never find $,&, # in the dark.
they use membrane keys with a fake clicky component added on the Ornata, so it's not as nice as a real mechanical

My Walmart has an end cap with a bunch of games mixed together. However, most of them have stickers showing $20+ dollars. Scanning them with the Walmart app brings up a different, sometimes more expensive price. If I took a game like Mario Tennis up to the counter would it ring up at the $5 price?

My Walmart has an end cap with a bunch of games mixed together. However, most of them have stickers showing $20+ dollars. Scanning them with the Walmart app brings up a different, sometimes more expensive price. If I took a game like Mario Tennis up to the counter would it ring up at the $5 price?
Does brickseek show $5? If neither the Walmart app or brickseek show it then unlikely

Most Walmarts have in store price checkers scattered throughout the store and in my experience the price checker price is always the price the item rings up at at checkout.

For the 17 games I bought, every single one rang up at the register at the price that showed when i scanned using the Walmart app for "In this store". Just make sure you're set to your current store and you're scanning the UPC not a price label. Some games had multiple price stickers and almost none were right.

For the 17 games I bought, every single one rang up at the register at the price that showed when i scanned using the Walmart app for "In this store". Just make sure you're set to your current store and you're scanning the UPC not a price label. Some games had multiple price stickers and almost none were right.
Thanks! That might have been what I was doing wrong, scanning the price sticker and not the item's barcode. I looked online and found a picture of the barcode for Mario Tennis. When scanned with the Walmart app it does come up as $5 at my nearest store.

Thanks! That might have been what I was doing wrong, scanning the price sticker and not the item's barcode. I looked online and found a picture of the barcode for Mario Tennis. When scanned with the Walmart app it does come up as $5 at my nearest store.
Brickseek has the ability to generate barcodes for items. You need to know the SKU ( I think that's what the Walmart inventory lookup uses on brickseek) . There is a link to bring up the barcode from the item lookup screen . Brickseek also has a SKU lookup function that you can use if you don't have the SKU.

Picked up Wasteland and Transformers, no luck on project diva despite stores showing stock. Also picked up twenty more five hour energy at 50 cents, 3 more Corel draw x8 at 3 cents, and 21 m&Ms, 20 sour Starbursts, 3 Snickers, and 33 mint cookie crunch bars all at ten cents each

Picked up Wasteland and Transformers, no luck on project diva despite stores showing stock. Also picked up twenty more five hour energy at 50 cents, 3 more Corel draw x8 at 3 cents, and 21 m&Ms, 20 sour Starbursts, 3 Snickers, and 33 mint cookie crunch bars all at ten cents each

Whoa on all the candy!

Nothing worthwhile, but here's an update, I guess.

They remodeled my Walmart. The whole layout of the store is different. The endcap games are gone (maybe moved to the clearance aisle. I dunno, but I couldn't find that either). In the game section they had a long shelf with $20 games (mostly Lego everything, Destiny, Final Fantasy, Battlefield, Titanfall, blah). No Mario Tennis, or even 3ds games. The only 2 Wii games they had were Just Dance 2017 for $20, and Muramasa. When I scanned Muramasa on the app it said, "not sold in your store" ...ok! :lol:  Paper Mario WiiU was behind the glass, and brickseek does show it for $23 at my store.

I'll impulse buy things for $5 but not $20. Oh well.

Most everything listed here wasn't at my store anyway, according to brickseek, so I'm not too surprised.

The only deal to be had was Destiny The Collection for Xbox One. The sticker said $15 but it scanned at $9.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=50791290

That damn lost copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl at the La Habra, CA Walmart continues to taunt me...it still shows as limited stock, every electronics rep and assistant manager I speak to confirms it’s in their system and should be in the back, yet no one can find it. It even fell from $1 to $0.03, and I got the manager’s guarantee he would sell it to me at that price if they could find it. Alas, it wasn’t meant to be...I did come away with a few other games, though.
0e4becb3c80e9fd831af26dcac2776f4.jpg

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Walmart in Norwalk, CA #5164 has Corsair Glaive RGB on clearance for $45. I just picked one up to go with the Corsair K95 RGB that I've had since launch. Pretty colors... :D

I bought one when my Blackwidow was starting to die. It took a little but to get used to but overall I have enjoyed using the keyboard. I noticed a slight difference between a full mechanical and this one, especially at the beginning but once I got used to it everything was fine.

If you want a full mechanical then probably just spend the money for one but the Ornata has been a good keyboard IMO.

That damn lost copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl at the La Habra, CA Walmart continues to taunt me...it still shows as limited stock, every electronics rep and assistant manager I speak to confirms it’s in their system and should be in the back, yet no one can find it. It even fell from $1 to $0.03, and I got the manager’s guarantee he would sell it to me at that price if they could find it. Alas, it wasn’t meant to be...I did come away with a few other games, though.
0e4becb3c80e9fd831af26dcac2776f4.jpg
Haha. That's where I found that one copy of Evil Within. I'm surprised you got them for so cheap. When I scanned a bunch of games they all came up for around $15-$20.

Haha. That's where I found that one copy of Evil Within. I'm surprised you got them for so cheap. When I scanned a bunch of games they all came up for around $15-$20.
That Walmart is WAY out of my normal driving range (it’s 62 miles one way, according to Google Maps), but it’s only about 12 miles away from my office, so I figured I’d try my luck after seeing SSBB was still showing stock. That Walmart is actually really good with their clearance markdowns: whoever is in charge of them makes sure all of their games have the correct pricing labels and stickers. None of the prices were incorrect, and you could see multiple yellow clearance stickers on some of the games that had been sitting there for awhile. They had definitely been updated since the last time I was there a few weeks ago.

Most Walmarts have in store price checkers scattered throughout the store and in my experience the price checker price is always the price the item rings up at at checkout.
I have had 1 time where the scanner and register didn't match pricewise. I cannot remember the game for the life of me, but it was a $20 difference. Cashier was going to "prove I was wrong" and grabbed a hand held scanner. It scanned cheaper. I won that argument :)

Picked up the following tonight:

:ps4: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Golf $9

:3ds: Poochy & Yoshi's Wooly World $23

:wiiu: Mario Tennis Ultra Smash $5

:3ds: Style Savvy: Trendsetters $5

:ps4: Deadpool $5

Also saw the following as well:

:switch: Splatoon 2 & Donkey Kong Wired Controllers $13

I wish that all of the Walmarts near me weren't so far away, and with garbage game sections. Some of these deals sound amazing.

Showing $54 all around for me with decent stock. Going to let it ride and see if it goes further.
Ditto.

I got the 2016 Blackwidow Ultimate last week and I love it. I can't tell if this one is much different but if it goes lower than $54 then I will get a second one for sure!

It appears my local Walmart did another round of markdowns.  They filled the under $10 bin up yet again.  A few highlights:

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (3DS)  - $9

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=34177584

Sega 3D Classics Collection (3DS) - $7

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=49460785

Assassin's Creed Chronicles (XB1) - $7

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=48931680

Wasteland 2: Director's Cut (XB1) - $5

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=46388830

RBI Baseball 2017 (Switch) - $7

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=579957824

F1 2016 LE (PS4) - $7

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=52386316

Prototype 2: Radnet Edition (PS3) - $1

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=21014982

Stopped by the Walmart in Stevenson’s Ranch, CA after work todo some clearance hunting. The electronics rep was very nice and extremely helpful, knew all about the games’ dropping in price and happily searched the storage bins in the back for stock that wasn’t on the shelf...he also said to never buy any other rep’s excuses and to always (respectfully, of course) ask them to get a handheld scanner so they can determine the physical location of any games you can’t find on the floor. Ended up getting two :wiiu: Fit Meters for $1 each, two copies of :pS4: Gravity Rush 2 for $5 each, :pS4: Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition for $9 and :pS4: Nioh for $14.88. Nioh was supposed to be $1, but it rang up normal price: got it anyway as I’ve heard nothing but good things about it. No luck on the copy of :3ds: Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam that was supposed to be there, unfortunately.

ask them to get a handheld scanner so they can determine the physical location of any games you can’t find on the floor.
I've mentioned it before but unfortunately in my experience at about 95% of the stores, once an item clearances out, the backroom bin information gets deleted from the system and the handheld scanners will show the item is on the floor even if it is binned in the back room. For some reason only 2 stores in 40mi of me retain this information when an item clearances out. I've asked the 3rd party company that handles the inventory/layout at the stores in my area and they have no clue why those stores aren't effected.

There's a store in Tampa that refuses to ever check the back. In the past they've told me that their PS4 Vader controllers that went from 0 to 3 in stock AFTER they did inventory were "stolen" even tho they only keep pictures of the controllers on the floor. As of last week they are also saying that they let people steal their 2 Creed PSVR bundles, which obviously should have never touched the floor either.

Does anyone know the upc for that Totinos/Mike and Ike Digital Premier Assassins Creed Odyssey, all my local store have multiples of them but the tags still say 99.88.

Does anyone know the upc for that Totinos/Mike and Ike Digital Premier Assassins Creed Odyssey, all my local store have multiples of them but the tags still say 99.88.
Not sure if this is some special DLC that you are talking about. But the Ultimate version of the game is on sale on PS4 for $51.49 digitally this week. And, it seems to contain every DLC, and two other remastered Assassin's Creed games.

I've mentioned it before but unfortunately in my experience at about 95% of the stores, once an item clearances out, the backroom bin information gets deleted from the system and the handheld scanners will show the item is on the floor even if it is binned in the back room. For some reason only 2 stores in 40mi of me retain this information when an item clearances out. I've asked the 3rd party company that handles the inventory/layout at the stores in my area and they have no clue why those stores aren't effected.

There's a store in Tampa that refuses to ever check the back. In the past they've told me that their PS4 Vader controllers that went from 0 to 3 in stock AFTER they did inventory were "stolen" even tho they only keep pictures of the controllers on the floor. As of last week they are also saying that they let people steal their 2 Creed PSVR bundles, which obviously should have never touched the floor either.
Have you talked to a Department Manager or higher about looking in the back?

Been waiting over a week now for an MK2 machine close, saw one popped up an hour away and debated the last few days. Checked local stock one last time and nothing, so took the afternoon off yesterday and thought I’d make a day out of it, went and picked it up and lo and behold now my local Walmart’s have them and one 15 mins away had them too.

Oh well.

Stopped by the Walmart in Stevenson’s Ranch, CA after work todo some clearance hunting. The electronics rep was very nice and extremely helpful, knew all about the games’ dropping in price and happily searched the storage bins in the back for stock that wasn’t on the shelf...he also said to never buy any other rep’s excuses and to always (respectfully, of course) ask them to get a handheld scanner so they can determine the physical location of any games you can’t find on the floor. Ended up getting two :wiiu: Fit Meters for $1 each, two copies of :ps4: Gravity Rush 2 for $5 each, :ps4: Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition for $9 and :ps4: Nioh for $14.88. Nioh was supposed to be $1, but it rang up normal price: got it anyway as I’ve heard nothing but good things about it. No luck on the copy of :3ds: Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam that was supposed to be there, unfortunately.
A friendly and helpful Walmart employee, who knew! The ones that work at my stores look at you irritatedly for daring to interrupt them bullshitting with one another.

This talk about clearance games has been going on and on for several weeks now and all these heavily discounted games simply never existed at any stores in my metro.

bread's done
Back