Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys, but I'm making a Cory in the House server.

attachicon.gif
IMG_20190425_164524.jpg
Ban this sick filth! :lol:

To upgrade my Synology storage in my Xpenology on metal NAS, try harder buddy

edit: and the 4TB went to the free Xbone X I got in the Gamestop glitch that you fuckheads wouldn't share with the forum

keyboard guy is why i stopped sharing deals on this turd of a thread
am9Xxw9_700b.jpg

Holy shit. This thread just gets better and better. I think I know whats going on,  proof pops up and my whole perception of certain people is changed. lol

And this is why no one should judge anyone for buying what they want to buy. Do you and stop being offended by what people choose to spend with their own money.

Picked up one of those razer mechanical keyboards for $11 and an Anker Soundcore  noise canceling headset for $36.  I think some of you got it lower, but it was the last one in the region.  It was a return, but every looked fine.

Forgive my ignorance but can the 3tb external drive be shucked and put in a ps4 slim?

I remember there was a size limitation but forget if that was external or internal storage. Also something about white/red label drives that you can't just take out of the enclosure.

Forgive my ignorance but can the 3tb external drive be shucked and put in a ps4 slim?

I remember there was a size limitation but forget if that was external or internal storage. Also something about white/red label drives that you can't just take out of the enclosure.
The limitations were on physical size, not storage space. So yeah, you could get a 4TB internal as long as it fits, but I think you could just use an external where space wouldn't be an issue. And yeah, WD and some others still solder the USB interface chip directly onto the SATA interface. Not sure if they do that with SAS too, but I don't think PS4 Slim supports that anyway.

The limitations were on physical size, not storage space. So yeah, you could get a 4TB internal as long as it fits, but I think you could just use an external where space wouldn't be an issue. And yeah, WD and some others still solder the USB interface chip directly onto the SATA interface. Not sure if they do that with SAS too, but I don't think PS4 Slim supports that anyway.
If I remember until a few years ago there was a size limit and only up to a certain number of TB hard drives could be used. Not sure what the number was increased I think 8tb? But I remember the original cap being around 2tb or so until an update.

And this is why no one should judge anyone for buying what they want to buy. Do you and stop being offended by what people choose to spend with their own money.
This. Always this.

Funny thing is, when I saw that post on the purchase of multiples I thought of posting, “in before Jurai cries.” He does NOT disappoint.

Don't Razer products (i.e. mouse and keyboards) these days break not too long after (barely any) usage anyways? ;)
Last year, I called Razer for assistance with their Razer Forge Android TV box. The customer service person said he had never heard of it and had no documentation that it ever existed. Then, he wished me the best of luck.

Not a huge deal but I was able to snag a few My Arcade 10ft cable extenders for NES/SNES mini at $2.50 each. They go for $7.50 on Amazon and are 5 star rated. My store had like 25 or so in the clearance section.

Thanks to reddit, picked up an Arcade1up Asteroids at Walmart for $75.
Just grabbed the Centipede one earlier this week for $75. Put it together today, my 3 year old loves it. For $75 I think it's a great buy, the original artwork on the cab is so neat and been having a lot of fun. Surprised I didn't see a dedicated thread here for them. Slickdeals said Rampage was $75 in some areas, but not sure how accurate that is.

Forgot to add, email [email protected] a picture of your receipt and the cab, they are mailing out free protective covers for the control deck, they found out the oils in your hand can wear it out pretty quickly. Waiting to hear back, but I've heard they're pretty easy to deal with.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Heard about centipede but no one had it. I’d buy it for the trackball so I can mod it. I bought a pacman before Christmas and got the protector- took about a month. I’ve heard good and bad things about their customer service.

Centipede and Astroids seem to be the only ones down to $75. Like I said, slickdeals reported Rampage in some areas, but I haven't seen anyone get one for that price.

I grabbed street fighter 30th anniversary (PS4), marvel vs Capcom infinite (xb1), burnout paradise (xb1), and mortal Kombat vs DC universe (360), for $10 each today. I also passed on, but was tempted by, vampyr for $19.

Last year, I called Razer for assistance with their Razer Forge Android TV box. The customer service person said he had never heard of it and had no documentation that it ever existed. Then, he wished me the best of luck.
I've been considering the Razer Phone 2 (@ $500) as a replacement for Google Pixel XL (original) but the stories of Razer's CS are rather off-putting.

Just grabbed the Centipede one earlier this week for $75. Put it together today, my 3 year old loves it. For $75 I think it's a great buy, the original artwork on the cab is so neat and been having a lot of fun. Surprised I didn't see a dedicated thread here for them. Slickdeals said Rampage was $75 in some areas, but not sure how accurate that is.

Forgot to add, email [email protected] a picture of your receipt and the cab, they are mailing out free protective covers for the control deck, they found out the oils in your hand can wear it out pretty quickly. Waiting to hear back, but I've heard they're pretty easy to deal with.

Ymmv as they officially stopped sending free protectors back in March when they put them for sale on their website. Some have gotten lucky and still got one sent to them.

I've been considering the Razer Phone 2 (@ $500) as a replacement for Google Pixel XL (original) but the stories of Razer's CS are rather off-putting.
Well, I only invested $70 into the Razer Forge. And I fixed it myself, but I had to go to the good people on the XDA forums for help. After calling their customer service line, I can't say that I would feel comfortable investing $500 for a Razer phone.

To upgrade my Synology storage in my Xpenology on metal NAS, try harder buddy

edit: and the 4TB went to the free Xbone X I got in the Gamestop glitch that you fuckheads wouldn't share with the forum

keyboard guy is why i stopped sharing deals on this turd of a thread
Ive appreciated every contribution of yours to this thread but its a bit hypocritical to question why someone bought so many of something because you dont see the need. You hoarded when you needed so why question others?

Ive appreciated every contribution of yours to this thread but its a bit hypocritical to question why someone bought so many of something because you dont see the need. You hoarded when you needed so why question others?
If you do a little sleuthing, you can find that he's re-sold some of the clearance items, along with other things, on eBay. I personally don't care, do what you want to do. Go capitalism. Myself and others have probably done the same.

Since this is a deal thread, post deals and leave it at that. No need to get upset or get personal.

Was able to pick up The Evil Within  :xb1: for $3. Brickseek showed it was sold out about three or four months ago, thought I missed out, but I was able to find two copies locked up.

Finally located and bought a $75 Asteroids machine after multiple Walmarts didn't have them despite having plenty of stock according to Brickseek. Followed the instructions on assembly to a T. Peeled protective plastic off the screen after getting most of the cabinet assembled per instructions to discover that the thing has numerous deep and long scratches all over the screen. How the hell does that even happen? Box was factory sealed and I was uber careful unpacking everything. No way it could have been scratched during shipping based on the way it was packaged. I guess I will call tomorrow and see if they are willing to do something about this. Very disappointed. Pathetic quality control to let something like this ship.

Finally located and bought a $75 Asteroids machine after multiple Walmarts didn't have them despite having plenty of stock according to Brickseek. Followed the instructions on assembly to a T. Peeled protective plastic off the screen after getting most of the cabinet assembled per instructions to discover that the thing has numerous deep and long scratches all over the screen. How the hell does that even happen? Box was factory sealed and I was uber careful unpacking everything. No way it could have been scratched during shipping based on the way it was packaged. I guess I will call tomorrow and see if they are willing to do something about this. Very disappointed. Pathetic quality control to let something like this ship.
I have seen similar reports from others in the A1Up Facebook group and Reddit. Likely damaged at factory in China. Should be able to get a replacement from them anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks. They do sell replacement screens, but they charge $150 for them.

They may request you to send back the damaged parts. Some people get that from customer service, but it has varied.

bread's done
Back