Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey is anyone willing to get me Resident Evil Origins Collection for XB1 and/or any of the mini arcades? I already have Bad Dudes and Karate Champ (ToysRus), looking to get the rest. Also hoping my store puts these on clearance for $5 as well but who knows when or if that'll ever happen.

I'm going to try and go to 2 different WalMarts Friday morning to try for a $75 arcade with "limited stocks" hey maybe we can trade and I'll mail one to someone :cool: ha

If anyone can help me out with the Sony XB20 bluetooth speakers I'm willing to trade for them. I have a lot to offer. Would like 2 if possible. I've been having zero luck trying to find them. One store even showed 31 on hand between the black and blue colors and they couldn't find them anywhere! 🙄😡

sorry, but this made me lol

91AWaOvuqIL._SL1500_.jpg

Hey is anyone willing to get me Resident Evil Origins Collection for XB1 and/or any of the mini arcades? I already have Bad Dudes and Karate Champ (ToysRus), looking to get the rest. Also hoping my store puts these on clearance for $5 as well but who knows when or if that'll ever happen.

I'm going to try and go to 2 different WalMarts Friday morning to try for a $75 arcade with "limited stocks" hey maybe we can trade and I'll mail one to someone :cool: ha
Hello, I have seen them often, I think I may pick up a Galaxian for $13 this weekend. I am also collecting them all

Managed to snag one of these $25 3TB drives at my walmart today. (It may be listed further back in this thread):
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Seagate-Expansion-3TB-USB-3-0-Desktop-External-Hard-Drive-STEB3000100/319771236
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=319771236

Anyone know how these compare to the smaller USB powered drives when used on an Xbox One? Do the powered ones shut off on their own when the xbox isnt in use?
I recently picked up two of these for my PS4 and XB1. The 3TB Seagate EXT HDD comes with a power cord and it shuts off automatically when the Xbox and PS4 isn’t in use or rest mode.

When your stores list the item has 'Limited Stock', has anyone had success recently asking employees to check the back room?

There's been a number of these clearance items that show limited, and when I ask for assistance, employees tell me the items would either be on the shelf or moved to the clearance tables, so just wondering if it's worth the time to ask about checking in the back. Some of these items continue to show limited on brickseek for weeks afterward

When your stores list the item has 'Limited Stock', has anyone had success recently asking employees to check the back room?
Only when it's a larger and high dollar value item. I've gotten a desktop and a laptop that showed limited stock and they were in the back. For smaller cheaper stuff, I tend to strike out if it's not already out on the shelf.

Went to a Walmart that BS stock that showed two of the headphones in stock . Didn’t see them in the normal headphone locked case or clearance . Had a worker look up the UPC and a manager said they are in a holding bin in the back . Worker went in the back and came out with both so I snagged them ! Thank you guys !

There's been a number of these clearance items that show limited, and when I ask for assistance, employees tell me the items would either be on the shelf or moved to the clearance tables, so just wondering if it's worth the time to ask about checking in the back. Some of these items continue to show limited on brickseek for weeks afterward
Don't waste your time with "Limited Stock" items. It's either the display model or stolen / lost / misplaced somewhere in the store.

Walmart app is a piece of shit. Won't scan half the items and when it does it doesn't show you the price, it shows you the item on walmart.com and listing from third parties. It doesn't scan what the in store price is.

Is your location on? Are you clicking the tab for your store? I've been using the app for years and that doesn't happen. If it doesn't show an item after scanning, that just means there is no listing for it in their store's inventory anymore.

Don't waste your time with "Limited Stock" items. It's either the display model or stolen / lost / misplaced somewhere in the store.
Funny enough those Splatoon controllers were listed as limited stock at my walmart and I managed to actually find one. Was just chilling in one of the Nintendo cases. Not that I disagree with your point though, this is the first limited stock item I've actually been able to find in my store.

I love how the walmart employees can't believe these prices though. I asked the guy back in electronics to check the price of the controller for me and he thought something was wrong in the data because it said $6. Happened with that hori mini-ps4 controller as well at a different walmart lol.

I've gone to 1 store that shows the $13 Element 1080p monitor as 'limited stock', and I've asked multiple employees about it, but the only model I have seen is the display on the shelf. Their answer is usually it must've been sold.

I guess my question is do they sell display models if you ask?

I've gone to 1 store that shows the $13 Element 1080p monitor as 'limited stock', and I've asked multiple employees about it, but the only model I have seen is the display on the shelf. Their answer is usually it must've been sold.

I guess my question is do they sell display models if you ask?
I bought a display model of one of these. I do not have a power cable that actually works for it, so I'm debating returning it. I'd hate to buy a cable and the monitor turn out to be defective.

Ah that was the problem. You need to select which store you're at on the app for instore price checks.

Anyone got a brickseek link for that computer mouse that was on sale. I'm getting back into retro PC games that require low system requirements. Recently found a like new never used Diablo 2 battlechest and started playing. I got one of the Razer black widow keyboards, just need to upgrade my mouse now. 

Ah that was the problem. You need to select which store you're at on the app for instore price checks.

Anyone got a brickseek link for that computer mouse that was on sale. I'm getting back into retro PC games that require low system requirements. Recently found a like new never used Diablo 2 battlechest and started playing. I got one of the Razer black widow keyboards, just need to upgrade my mouse now.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=178358914

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I went to Walmart a couple of days ago trying to buy those white chocolate M&M's for $0.10. BS showed 24 in stock but 3 employees couldn't find them. The manager was at lunch and the last worker said the the app doesn't tell her where they are but it does list 24 in stock so that means they got shipped out or sold and they never bothered to update. I did find some of the $0.25 M&M's share sizes so just bought some of those instead even though they weren't as good of a deal because I wasn't about to wait around for the manager to get back from lunch for some candy lol.

I am late on this but if something says limited stock on brick seek check Walmart.com and see if any of the Walmarts in particular have it for pick up on that day if it’s available the same day then more than likely it’s in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to everyone who posted links.

To throw my two cents in about the Brickseek accuracy, Walmart must have the worst inventory system.

I've been doing clearance shopping at Walmart and Target for many years. My sister even works at a target near me. I'd say the accuracy of in stock items from Target via Brickseek had been a solid 85-90% for me.
Walmart is easily somewhere around 20%. If i see an item Limited Stock, it's SO hit or miss. It's been more accurate for me than "in stock" items. I never go to a store looking for limited stock items, yet those are the ones I find, and the "in stock" items are nowhere to be found. And this is using multiple targets and Walmarts. Same accuracy across the board for me.

I am late on this but if something says limited stock on brick seek check Walmart.com and see if any of the Walmarts in particular have it for pick up on that day if it’s available the same day then more than likely it’s in stock.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FYI same day pick up in store will only work if they have more than 1 in-store (or their inventory count shows 2+, even if it is wrong).

Otherwise you will not get that delivery option.

I found this one in the glass case. I never thought to look there either but I saw the $1.00 price point so now i will always look.
I often check games in the case. That's where I found Wolfenstein The New Order for XB1 for $1. They had a ton of copies put in the place where Wolfenstein 2 should be for $40.

Thanks to everyone who posted links.

To throw my two cents in about the Brickseek accuracy, Walmart must have the worst inventory system.

I've been doing clearance shopping at Walmart and Target for many years. My sister even works at a target near me. I'd say the accuracy of in stock items from Target via Brickseek had been a solid 85-90% for me.
Walmart is easily somewhere around 20%. If i see an item Limited Stock, it's SO hit or miss. It's been more accurate for me than "in stock" items. I never go to a store looking for limited stock items, yet those are the ones I find, and the "in stock" items are nowhere to be found. And this is using multiple targets and Walmarts. Same accuracy across the board for me.
My nearest Walmart shows tons of inventory on Brickseek for quite a bit of the good stuff posted here, but their actual clearance section is a tiny corner of the electronics department and nothing of note is ever there, or anywhere else in the store for that matter.

I went to get those corsair SABRE mouse, I couldn't find them despite it still showing two in stock.

However I did manage to get another Razer Blackwidow ultimate for $11 and I had already cleared that walmart of those and a few others and know for a fact on brickseek they went from showing in stock to right after I purchased them to limited stock.  So this one got pulled from somesones ass. And shows brickseek is good reference but not high accuracy. These items can be stolen or somewhere in the store even though they said they are clearance items they wouldn't be in the back room. The system may not have updated correctly. Many factors to consider. It wouldn't surprise me to go there one day and find one or not. Or to find one at a store that is showing no stock..

My nearest Walmart shows tons of inventory on Brickseek for quite a bit of the good stuff posted here, but their actual clearance section is a tiny corner of the electronics department and nothing of note is ever there, or anywhere else in the store for that matter.
Yeah I really envy some of the Walmarts near you guys. My Walmart has literally a single end cap for clearance. There’s first generation iPad covers and micro USB adapters and that’s pretty much it.

bread's done
Back