Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone post a picture of the box or describe the actual box for the  HP Envy x360 8th gen i7?  Getting help to track it down at a store is a pain, but its easy to stand next to the cage and look for it.

Edit: Found several on ebay of course being resold, so I answer my own question.

Can someone post a picture of the box or describe the actual box for the HP Envy x360 8th gen i7? Getting help to track it down at a store is a pain, but its easy to stand next to the cage and look for it.

Edit: Found several on ebay of course being resold, so I answer my own question.
There are two different black boxed HP i7 x360 that they have for sale. The one you're looking for is with the picture of the laptop open on the front of the box. The one I found was behind all the other ones. Most employees wouldn't know the difference.

Yes:
[attachment=32509:nolp2.jpg]

No:

[attachment=32510:nolp1.jpg]

.03 deals are still alive, just found two copies of Pilotwings at a Walmart I decided to go to on whim (not in my area).

However, one near me did started discounting a lot recently and found some big steals:

- Yoshi & Poochie Wooly World (with Amiibo) for $23
- Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival for $3
- 2 Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer for $3
- Army of Two Devil's Cartel (x360) for $1
attachicon.gif
IMG_20190705_184030.jpg
brickseek link?

Hmm. Laptop is 'limited stock' at one location 20 miles away. Do I chance it?
Limited is most likely a display model. Determine if you need it bad enough to risk touching the same keys as a Walmart degenerate who bathes monthly and stores KFC chicken in their fat folds. Plus, I don't know if you live in a city where 20 miles is two hours by car, or if you take public transport and will get mugged by crackheads. Weigh your options dude.

Hmm. Laptop is 'limited stock' at one location 20 miles away. Do I chance it?
Just my own experience, but whenever an item has been listed as "limited stock", I have never found it in-store. Heck, even quantities of 1-3 are usually very iffy. Again, just my prior experience. Whenever I ask where these items are, they usually say either: theft or incorrect/not updated inventory.

Limited is most likely a display model. Determine if you need it bad enough to risk touching the same keys as a Walmart degenerate who bathes monthly and stores KFC chicken in their fat folds. Plus, I don't know if you live in a city where 20 miles is two hours by car, or if you take public transport and will get mugged by crackheads. Weigh your options dude.
I really don't think you're one to talk.

Still triggered by your lack of $3 3ds games? 😂

4gb ram with just 1 slot. It'll need an upgrade there, but the rest looks good for that price.
Yea, I've been messing with the one I got. It takes DDR4 PC4-19200 for the memory. I'm probably gonna pop in a single 16gb stick, I've found a couple for around $45-$60. Otherwise for what I wanted it for it's been nice.

Yea, I've been messing with the one I got. It takes DDR4 PC4-19200 for the memory. I'm probably gonna pop in a single 16gb stick, I've found a couple for around $45-$60. Otherwise for what I wanted it for it's been nice.
So you got one? Some of the reviews are less than great, but it may be just the 4gb ram or them expecting something greater.

Maximum RAM Supported 4.00 GB,
I guess they were wrong. That didn't sound right. But sometimes things are locked in. More RAM would be much nicer.

Struck out on all clearance laptops and TVs at 6 Walmart's today. Sometimes I don't know why I even try.
A tactic I've used is to just go to the ones that you've had luck at least 80% of the time with. Don't risk going to new ones unless you're already headed there for another reason. I used to look for deals all the time, but I've let it go because whenever it comes to high priced items like laptops or tablets, not counting the Huawei tablet from last year, I've consistently been let down.

Here are the Brickseek links for what I found in my previous posts:

Runbow - Wii U - $3 : https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=53057414

Poochy & Yoshi Woolly World w/ Yarn Poochy amiibo - 3DS - $23: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=54611196

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer - 3DS - $3:  https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=45725108

Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival - Wii U - $3: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=45736668

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel - Xbox 360 - $1: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=22905373

Pilotwings Resort - 3DS - $0.03: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=15815287

Quick question. Does anybody know for sure if the limited edition box sets are what Walmart sells when it comes to the NIS video games? When I bought Liar Princess and the Blind Prince, I paid $39.99 (less than what NIS was selling it for on their website) and got the LE. Now to be fair the pictures clearly showed that it was the LE version what they were selling. I'm only asking because Walmart is selling Destiny Connect Tick-Tock Travelers for preorder for $39.99 while NIS is selling it for $64.99. I'd rather buy it from walmart if I knew for sure that what I was getting was indeed the LE box set.

Here's the walmart webpage and the NIS webpage.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Destiny-Connect-Tick-Tock-Travelers-NIS-America-PlayStation-4-810023033639-0810023033639/682048155

https://store.nisamerica.com/destiny-connect-tick-tock-travelers-limited-edition-ps4?utm_source=NISA+Online+Store+Customers&utm_campaign=4694d38d88-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_07_19_12_48&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3e308e5c3f-4694d38d88-152264585

Cinnaminson, NJ clearance endcap:

:ps4:
Fallout 4 GOTY $20
Prey $10 (tons of copies)
Dishonored 2 $10

:xb1:
Resident Evil 7 Gold $10
Mirror's Edge Catalyst $10
Dishonored 2 $10
For Honor $10
Battlefield 1 Revolution $10
King's Quest $10
Agents of Mayhem $7

I'm on vacation in Hawaii, found one of the weirdest things ever: a store had Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Wii) and Wii Music, HP was $50 and Wii Music was like $40. More strangely, BS has no knowledge of these games existing at that store. However, this store supposedly had Skyrim LE (360) for $2 so IDK what's going on there. I'm probably going to stop back again because I didn't have a lot of time to look around the electronics area, but I did see those things, as well as some random old PC games and Disney Infinity/Lego Dimensions collectibles.

There’s a store about 20 miles from me that is similar. They have a ridiculous amount of inventory at full price and much of it doesn’t reflect in brickseek.

[quote name="sdotgamer" post="14193035" timestamp="1564128362"]

I'm on vacation in Hawaii...]

Dude..., I lived in HI for 2 years. Go enjoy it and stop CAGing while you are there. You can CAG all you want when you return.

[quote name="DrBayrd" post="14193050" timestamp="1564137790"]

[quote name="sdotgamer" post="14193035" timestamp="1564128362"]

I'm on vacation in Hawaii...]

Dude..., I lived in HI for 2 years. Go enjoy it and stop CAGing while you are there. You can CAG all you want when you return.[/quote]

Lol, I was thinking the exact same thing. fuck these beautiful beaches; I got games to look up on Brickseek.

The CAG is strong in this one.

But if you happened to find all those 50$ consoles and such that occasionally pop up there you could flip em and pay for another Hawaiian vacation.

I'm on vacation in Hawaii, found one of the weirdest things ever: a store had Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Wii) and Wii Music, HP was $50 and Wii Music was like $40. More strangely, BS has no knowledge of these games existing at that store. However, this store supposedly had Skyrim LE (360) for $2 so IDK what's going on there. I'm probably going to stop back again because I didn't have a lot of time to look around the electronics area, but I did see those things, as well as some random old PC games and Disney Infinity/Lego Dimensions collectibles.
You missed out on all the $7 2ds's apparently. Supposedly a store in Kapolei still has a ps4 slim for $19

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=579371947

Picked up Kingdom Hearts Story So Far for $17.00 at the Victor NY Walmart. One left if anyone local cares.

Hilarious that people were paying upwards of $100 for this less than a year ago.

Picked up Kingdom Hearts Story So Far for $17.00 at the Victor NY Walmart. One left if anyone local cares.

Hilarious that people were paying upwards of $100 for this less than a year ago.
It's hard to believe SE didn't keep that set on shelves until after KH3 came out. Or come out with a more expensive version.

Cinnaminson, NJ clearance endcap:

:ps4:
Fallout 4 GOTY $20
Prey $10 (tons of copies)
Dishonored 2 $10

:xb1:
Resident Evil 7 Gold $10
Mirror's Edge Catalyst $10
Dishonored 2 $10
For Honor $10
Battlefield 1 Revolution $10
King's Quest $10
Agents of Mayhem $7
Stuff still there?

I haven’t had a chance to respond to any of the posts after mine cause I was sightseeing today, but I only stopped in that WM because it was on the way from the airport. Sadly the $19 PS4 is not on the island I’m on; I’ll have to check the $7 2DS’s though. Don’t worry though I’m definitely getting plenty of beach time in.

bread's done
Back