Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Check your local stores for ducktales.
PS3 version seems to be pretty common in my area. $12.88 or under at most stores with many showing stock.

These are bound to dry up fast though as more word gets out that you can't buy the game digitally anymore.

PS3 version seems to be pretty common in my area. $12.88 or under at most stores with many showing stock.

These are bound to dry up fast though as more word gets out that you can't buy the game digitally anymore.
An employee at my store set aside four copies for some reason and my pickup order of two was canceled. I went into electronics and asked and the employee said someone set them aside under the counter for some reason. I don't expect them to last much longer.

Today's finds:

(Wii U) Lego City Undercover $5

(PS4) CN Battle Crashers $3 (should be $7 but my store put the wrong clearance tag on it)

(360) Black Eyed Peas Experience $1

My store has a ton of clearance games marked, I'm gonna make a list soon and post.

Today's finds:

(PS4) CN Battle Crashers $3 (should be $7 but my store put the wrong clearance tag on it)

My store has a ton of clearance games marked, I'm gonna make a list soon and post.
Nice find for the Wii U game. I find such random games at my stores...
Found a 0.03 America's Test Kitchen for DS lol

Definitely try to scoop these up. Most new copies are in the $40-$50 range on EBAY.

An employee at my store set aside four copies for some reason and my pickup order of two was canceled. I went into electronics and asked and the employee said someone set them aside under the counter for some reason. I don't expect them to last much longer.
Website says instore purchase only now, not allowing me to order online for instore pickup

Today's finds:

Sounds like you got ripped off.

Sounds like you got ripped off.
Undercover - I bought because I like the game and wanted to try it on Wii U, and it was the same as GS' used price but brand new and sealed.

Crashers - trades in for $5 base at GS

Experience - I honestly should've held off but it's a $1 game and I want to get some more Kinect games.

Thanks to the person who mentioned Ducktales. I found 2 copies for the PS3 for my brother and I. I’ve been wanting to pick up the physical version for a few years now and thought it was the best time with it getting delisted and all.

Ducktales Remastered is just a great game all around. Ye'll be able to make a mighty profit off those copies once ye canna find them in stores anymore, lads.

Brickseek said my store has 3 copies of Ducktales for PS3 and of course, they are not to be found. The one lone PS3 game in the store was some basketball game.

Not sure. Im not going to play. The temptation may bring me to it though.
I would get it since its only $12.88. If you don't like it or decide you don't want it you could likely sell it for at least double in the future.

People want it because it's "limited" stock now and they think they can resell it for $60....and make like $20 profit lol
Some people, sure. I'm just happy to have a physical PS3 copy in my collection before they become impossible to find at a decent price.

People want it because it's "limited" stock now and they think they can resell it for $60....and make like $20 profit lol
Not sure where you learned math but 60 -12.88 = 47.12 That seems worth it to me for profit if someone wants to do it.

On a side note I'd also like to thank Josef for mentioning this. And let me also say that they are going fast! I looked it up on BS Thursday night and found a few stores that had 2 or 3 in stock. Went to check again Friday morning and *poof* no longer in stock! I was able to grab 2 copies yesterday when I was traveling home from work though so I'm good now. But yeah they're going fast so get your ass in gear if you want one!

I ordered two DuckTales for store pickup and they cancelled one. And my other regular Walmart had a copy sitting there for years and I went back yesterday to get it and it was gone. I was also lucky to snag a WiiU copy at Gamestop a couple weeks ago in a 4 for $20 sale.

I know right, the only two mechanics in the game--pogo jumping and swinging a cane--can be a real bitch to master.
Actually, I was referring to the padding out of levels by having to collect every stupid little thing before you leave mechanic- which is especially lame when you see where everything is on the map.

Nice try though.

But on the topic of pogo jumping, the floatiness feels like ass compared to the original.

Go ahead and stack 'em up in your closet if you're speculating. Just don't go into it expecting a game anywhere near as good as the original.

You'd be better off playing the original the most laggy way possible, and pausing it every two minutes to watch a few a minutes of the worst episode of the cartoon, un-pause, repeat.

Actually, I was referring to the padding out of levels by having to collect every stupid little thing before you leave mechanic- which is especially lame when you see where everything is on the map.

Nice try though.

But on the topic of pogo jumping, the floatiness feels like ass compared to the original.

Go ahead and stack 'em up in your closet if you're speculating. Just don't go into it expecting a game anywhere near as good as the original.

You'd be better off playing the original the most laggy way possible, and pausing it every two minutes to watch a few a minutes of the worst episode of the cartoon, un-pause, repeat.
Oh, THOSE mechanics. The Metroidvania mechanics that make Metroidvania games what they are, such as collecting certain objects to progress. In a game where you are shown on the map where each of the five items are located, and you go there and collect the item, and then progress through the level. Centered around a franchise where the protagonist goes on adventures to collect rare treasures.

Yeah, it's pretty stupid how they make you collect five things per map to progress in a Metroidvania game where you play as a treasure hunter who collects things. And who cares about talking or story exposition? Why can't you just collect things and beat the level without hearing the voices from the cartoon? So stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pkk7JXS24w

Don’t know if had been mentioned before but Disgaea 5 Complete for switch is ringing up 19.97$ in store.
Yeah I noticed that too and I think I mentioned it here. I had pointed it out after someone got one for $5 on clearance and it prompted me to check Brickseek. I think one store near me had it for $10 but most were sold out.

Found 2 copies of fantasy life but didnt scan at the price scanner. After someone checked the system they told me is was $32. Checked brickseek and all the other stores near me are $3 but out of stock.

Oh, THOSE mechanics. The Metroidvania mechanics that make Metroidvania games what they are, such as collecting certain objects to progress. In a game where you are shown on the map where each of the five items are located, and you go there and collect the item, and then progress through the level. Centered around a franchise where the protagonist goes on adventures to collect rare treasures.

Yeah, it's pretty stupid how they make you collect five things per map to progress in a Metroidvania game where you play as a treasure hunter who collects things. And who cares about talking or story exposition? Why can't you just collect things and beat the level without hearing the voices from the cartoon? So stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pkk7JXS24w
Remind me of the metroidvania game that showed you were everything was on the map before you even started exploring. So they take the fun out of exploring by showing you exactly where everything is and instead make you tediously go gather it instead of having a straightforward level layout.

You're trying really hard, I don't know why. Did you make the game?

I found some MyArcade NES/SNES classic extension cables for $2.50.

I found these posters at WalMart randomly sitting in the toy section and nothing around where they would go. I also checked the poster area and found nothing. Does anyone know where these are or if they have more anywhere, or were these something I missed somehow? I saw on BrickSeek that every other store had these for $4 except for the one I happened to be at, which was $5
I grabbed it because they were cool and I'm a huge Sonic fan, but where were these from?[attachment=32613:IMG_20190811_204607.jpg][attachment=32614:IMG_20190811_204621.jpg]

If it weren't for the "Gotta Go Fast" on the back, I'd wonder if they dragged it out of some corner while cleaning the back room.

I was unable to find these on brickseek through the search option. Do you have the DPCI? My 4 year old son is obsessed with Sonic and we're about to redesign his bedroom. I'd love to bring these home to put on his wall. Thanks!.

I found these posters at WalMart randomly sitting in the toy section and nothing around where they would go. I also checked the poster area and found nothing. Does anyone know where these are or if they have more anywhere, or were these something I missed somehow? I saw on BrickSeek that every other store had these for $4 except for the one I happened to be at, which was $5
I grabbed it because they were cool and I'm a huge Sonic fan, but where were these from?
attachicon.gif
IMG_20190811_204607.jpg
attachicon.gif
IMG_20190811_204621.jpg

Found 2 copies of Ducktales for PS3 at mine but the lady only scanned one so I guess I got 2 for the price of 1

Also at another Walmart, I found an opened and very used copy of Time Crisis 3 for PS2 in the clearance section, but couldnt buy it because it was for claims 😭

I believe I had to search the barcode to find them, I can check my phone search real quick if I can find it. Otherwise it'll have to wait until I get home to get any info.

Also when I was asking where they were from, I meant in store. I didn't see a place where this would be stored.

bread's done
Back