Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Found some decent deals today on the way home from work.

PS4
$19.93
Persona 5 Steelbook edition
Amazing Spiderman 2

$10
FF XIV Complete Online
Ni No Kuni 2 Premium Edition

$4.50
FF XIV Deluxe Edition

And some more I can't remember off the top of my head, I'll edit the post later with the rest.

PS4
$19.93
Amazing Spiderman 2

$10
FF XIV Complete Online

$4.50
FF XIV Deluxe Edition

And some more I can't remember off the top of my head, I'll edit the post later with the rest.
What region was this?

PS4
$19.93
Amazing Spiderman 2

$10
FF XIV Complete Online

$4.50
FF XIV Deluxe Edition

P5 Steelbook and a couple others are showing up at one near me as $5.00 on brickseek, but all listed as out of stock.

Found 3 copies of Muramasa for Wii at a store near me...$15 each. Also had a copy of Mushroom Men for Wii, too, but not sure on the price.

As someone who just recently got a Wii U, it's nice to find sealed games hidden amongst all the leftover crap...wish there was a store to find a better selection at, though. I remember Roses used to carry games, and you could find Genesis and SNES stuff all the way into the PS2 days...but it doesn't seem like they carry anything gaming anymore.

Found 3 copies of Muramasa for Wii at a store near me...$15 each. Also had a copy of Mushroom Men for Wii, too, but not sure on the price.

As someone who just recently got a Wii U, it's nice to find sealed games hidden amongst all the leftover crap...wish there was a store to find a better selection at, though. I remember Roses used to carry games, and you could find Genesis and SNES stuff all the way into the PS2 days...but it doesn't seem like they carry anything gaming anymore.
I also remember finding the older classic stuff at Roses well after those systems died. In fact, the Roses near my parents' house is still around and I think I may take a drive to it the next time I'm visiting.

I have a Roses and a Roses Express in my city! Both opened this decade, but still feel weirdly dilapidated. They're full-fledged hood establishments, but some great deals can be found on food and housewares.

Unfortunately, the only video game I've ever seen at Roses is a disc-only copy of some High School Musical game.

Our Roses shut down back in the 80's. Given it was during my early childhood its luncheonette (and their fries), sticks out in my memory more than anything.

Roses?  Haha, we have one in Ocean City, MD...one in Salisbury (but I've never been to it since it's basically in the ghetto...might have to check it out now though), and then one in Seaford, DE.  Pretty sure there's more around just outside that radius too. 

But no, they haven't carried actual gaming stuff forever except for some odd random used stuff I've seen (though that may have changed).  Back in the day used to be similar to K-Mart or something as far as gaming/music/movies.  I got a many cassette tapes and SNES games there way back when!  

Last few times I've been to the OC and Seaford ones though, ouch.  They're decent for cheap throwaway stuff (toys, electronics, towels) and snacks and that's about it.  I'm surprised they're still trucking along when places like K-Mart have all but died out when K-Mart was a million times better and cleaner.

Roses? Haha, we have one in Ocean City, MD...one in Salisbury (but I've never been to it since it's basically in the ghetto...might have to check it out now though), and then one in Seaford, DE. Pretty sure there's more around just outside that radius too.

But no, they haven't carried actual gaming stuff forever except for some odd random used stuff I've seen (though that may have changed). Back in the day used to be similar to K-Mart or something as far as gaming/music/movies. I got a many cassette tapes and SNES games there way back when!

Last few times I've been to the OC and Seaford ones though, ouch. They're decent for cheap throwaway stuff (toys, electronics, towels) and snacks and that's about it. I'm surprised they're still trucking along when places like K-Mart have all but died out when K-Mart was a million times better and cleaner.
Kmarts went out because of sears though and company mismanagement. They'd still be around if it wasn't for that. Many got turned into crappy sears grands idiotically. I miss my kmart.

Kmarts went out because of sears though and company mismanagement. They'd still be around if it wasn't for that. Many got turned into crappy sears grands idiotically. I miss my kmart.
This, Kmart was staying competitive long past many other big box stores had died, and even made a few honest attempts in the later years (old school CAG members remember the Kmart gamer guy) but Sears really drove them straight into the ground by trying to turn Kmart into Sears at a time when Sears was already struggling. Growing up you'd see Kmart in mid-sized towns, subburbs, etc. Rather than trying to find a way to compete with Walmart and find their niche (like Target did) they just started closing Kmarts focusing on the ones doing the best but the only Kmarts doing well were all in really poor neighborhoods where there simply wasn't another big box retailer (establishing them as a brand that only existed in "shitty" neighborhoods). Then dollar stores blew up and they couldn't even compete for that market anymore.

Yeah, it was essentially the same thing as Toys R Us... I miss my K-Mart a lot, oh well :( Still surprising a store like Roses is around though...like how can stores that are that dirty/run down be managed well from the top?

This, Kmart was staying competitive long past many other big box stores had died, and even made a few honest attempts in the later years (old school CAG members remember the Kmart gamer guy) but Sears really drove them straight into the ground by trying to turn Kmart into Sears at a time when Sears was already struggling. Growing up you'd see Kmart in mid-sized towns, subburbs, etc. Rather than trying to find a way to compete with Walmart and find their niche (like Target did) they just started closing Kmarts focusing on the ones doing the best but the only Kmarts doing well were all in really poor neighborhoods where there simply wasn't another big box retailer (establishing them as a brand that only existed in "shitty" neighborhoods). Then dollar stores blew up and they couldn't even compete for that market anymore.
Kmarts also had the advantage of selling groceries which walmarts didn't do much of back then. Kmarts wern't full grocery stores of course but they sold the essentials which got people in the door or while shopping for clothes and such. It was similar to how the convenience stores of today function like riteaids, drugmarts ect that have near full grocery sections in them. Granted those can exist inside residential areas so they have a huge advantage over retail stores.

It also doesn't help Kmart that stores that are still open are so overpriced. I don't know how anyone shops there if they are paying entirely with money and not SYW Points. When I go to Kmart every week (now that points won from certain contests expire in 7 days), I am always on my phone comparing prices at other stores to try to find items that aren't that badly overpriced. The same container of laundry detergent that is $9.99 at Target is $15.49 at Kmart or fluoride rinse that is $3.79 at Walmart is $6.29 at Kmart.

I remember being so annoyed when that guy took over the gaming department for Sears and Kmart. That was basically the end of $0.25 - $2 games at those stores.

I remember some good clearance finds at KMart but I think I've had overall better clearance luck at Sears over the years before Sears nuked their video game department.  I remember a lot of $5 or so games from KMart but I don't really remember them as cheap as a quarter or two bucks, shame I missed out on those LOL.  It's sad both brands are gone, Target clearance isn't what it used to be and Walmart is real spotty.

While we're going down the nostalgia road...Another place I miss is Circuit City with it's bin sales!  And we used to have a Media Play too where they kept their game in basically big binders and they had tons of games out to try.

While we're going down the nostalgia road...Another place I miss is Circuit City with it's bin sales! And we used to have a Media Play too where they kept their game in basically big binders and they had tons of games out to try.
Oh god.... those sales were epic. When this site was young, I saved so much... someone posted circuit city is dumping games for $10 and I was there. Still have quite a few sealed PS2 games. And when they went under, my now ex HATED the amount of stuff I came home with.

Ahhh, good old Circuit City...yes those early 00's game clearance sales there were legendary.  TONS of PS1 and PS2 RPGs for dirt cheap and because they were still stickered with original prices, you could score piles of $5 and $10 games easily.  KMart ToysRUs and Blockbuster sales/clearance before the going out of business sales too were great.

Yeah Media Play wasn't great with prices, it was moreso just a really fun place to go and browse.  Circuit City though, that one was a tough loss.  That place along with KMart and Toys R Us...sigh.  KMart and TRU hit me the worse though because I would always waste time and take my kids there and we had a place looking around.

I went to media play a lot in high school, and distinctly remember them being pricy. I mostly bought CDs from them
Man, I miss Media Play. The prices were not great, but I don't remember them being particularly horrible either... depending on what you were purchasing, I suppose. I went there mostly for CDs & DVDs during my high school years, pretty much made a weekly trip to blow my paycheck there. I was gutted when they closed down.

+1 for the Media Play love. Two items I distinctly remember buying there are Ecco: The Tides of Time (Gen) and SimTower strategy guide.

Ahhh, good old Circuit City...yes those early 00's game clearance sales there were legendary. TONS of PS1 and PS2 RPGs for dirt cheap and because they were still stickered with original prices, you could score piles of $5 and $10 games easily. KMart ToysRUs and Blockbuster sales/clearance before the going out of business sales too were great.
I remember the 90% off green tag clearance of late 2004/early 2005 at Toys R Us. I got a ton of Dreamcast, PS1 and PS2 games for less than $1 each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember the 90% off green tag clearance of late 2004/early 2005 at Toys R Us. I got a ton of Dreamcast, PS1 and PS2 games for less than $1 each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, Toys R Us.... My friend used to work at one. He'd randomly find a stack of pennied out game, which should be destroyed, call me up and I'd be there in 15 minutes to buy most of them. Usually PS1 or N64 games with a random PC game here and there.

+1 for the Media Play love. Two items I distinctly remember buying there are Ecco: The Tides of Time (Gen) and SimTower strategy guide.
My distinctly remembered purchases were all music, Country Grammer by Nelly, Americana by The Offspring and IV by Cypress Hill. I still remember admiring the artwork on Americana on the way home. Love that album.

MediaPlay was fire. I remember them having a big boxed PC game section and actual setups you could play games on. First time I played Star Wars: Dark Forces was in one of their stores. Also ended up getting Marvel vs Capcom 2 on Dreamcast there years later

Just recently got a 2ds xl so I went walmart to grab a 32gb microsd card and walked out with these 3ds games below lol. I will probably flip Milltopia on Amazon so I can get most of money back.

IMG-6377.jpg

Zelda ALBW, Ocarina 3D , and Wario Gold are the only 3DS games left at the clearance table at $15 each.

IMG-6369.jpg

A game router for Xbox One, Windows, and the 32X? Ooh, how versatile!
The Xbox stuff is all advertising, it's not even mentioned in the router settings. However inside the box it did come with a free 3 month sub to Xbox Game Pass. I'm liking this router and how you can manually prioritize devices, but I don't notice any difference. The best feature is that you can turn off all activity lights except power, I'd always used electrical tape to cover those blinking lights.

Anyway here's the Walmart luggage clearance I pulled from Slick deals:

I went down the Walmart luggage aisle and started using the scanner feature on the phone app to check the prices of the luggage because the whoever works that section had not yet marked anything down. Prices were a freaking steal at my local Walmart. So many choices and no one except for me knew the insane deals... felt great!! Anyway, I hope others have the same luck. For reference, my Zip is 32608

https://www.walmart.com/browse/54...irect=true

[*]Protege 3 Piece Luggage Travel Set - $17

[*]Protege 2-Piece Expandable Spinner Set Luggage - $13

[*]Coleman Utility 5 Piece Spinner Luggage Set - Blue - $25 (Saw this set, but found the first set I posted $4 cheaper, so I passed on this set...)

[*]Protege 20" Colossus Hard Side Spinner Luggage - $21 - Blue

[*]Protege 5 Piece Spinner Luggage Set - Purple - $13

[*]Protege 5 Piece Spinner Luggage Set - Black - $13

[*]Protege 5 Piece Spinner Luggage Set - Teal - $13

[*]TPRC 24" Rolling Expandable 4-Wheel Spinner - Purple - $13

[*]TPRC 16" Rolling Underseat Carry-on - $9

[*]TPRC 28" Rolling Expandable 4-Wheel Spinner (Walmart Exclusive) - $15

[*]TPRC 24" Rolling Expandable 4-Wheel Spinner - $13

[*]TPRC 16" Rolling Underseat Carry-on - Purple - $9

[*]TPRC 17 Rolling Under-Seater with USB Port, Black - $25

[*]TPRC 28" Rolling Expandable 4-Wheel Spinner (Walmart Exclusive) - Purple

[*]TPRC 17" ROLLING UNDERSEATER W/ TOP EXPANDABLE SECTION - BLACK - $25

[*]TPRC 20" Rolling Expandable Carry-on 4-Wheel Spinner - Purple - $25

[*]American Tourister 4 Piece Softside Luggage Set - BLUE - $21 (I got this set at this price locally, also)

[*]TPRC 16" Rolling Underseat Carry-on - Black - $9 (Got this one at this price, too)

[*]3 Piece Hard Side Spinner Set, Green - $21

Happy Hunting!

https://www.walmart.com/browse/54...irect=true

Went to an out of the way Walmart to look for Game Clearance; Needless to say things were slim pickins but I did find this hidden treasure hiding out...

I didn't pick it up but Brickseek shows the price at only $2  :shock:  I'm a true cheap ass & just use rubber bands stolen from work to keep the good times goin' but feel free just in case you want to go out & throw a no-hitter for the Mets or something...  :bouncy:

$1.00
Calico Critters - Blind Bags - Baby Band Series
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=580710395

$10.00
Disgaea 5 Complete
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=55521398

$4.50
LEGO Movie Introducing Queen Watevra Wa'Nabi 70824
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=904897272

$2.50
LEGO Movie Unikitty's Sweetest Friends EVER! 70822
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=404590980

[attachment=32697:EFE6213B-2252-4693-B205-6F971C61BB83.jpeg] [attachment=32705:6A9C1701-3213-4FAC-A013-45972F5EAE23.jpeg]

Went to an out of the way Walmart to look for Game Clearance; Needless to say things were slim pickins but I did find this hidden treasure hiding out...

I didn't pick it up but Brickseek shows the price at only $2 :shock: I'm a true cheap ass & just use rubber bands stolen from work to keep the good times goin' but feel free just in case you want to go out & throw a no-hitter for the Mets or something... :bouncy:
Who's stealing dick pills from Walmart that would require them to put it in one of those tamper-proof security boxes?

If anybody finds any 16''-17'' laptop cases/bags on clearance would you so kindly post the upcs? I don't need anything good, I'm just looking for something cheap for an old laptop.

bread's done
Back