Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
A walmart around me still have the display models msi laptops on the shelf. The clearance price on them are 569. I have talked to the lady working in the electronic department and she said she cant sell those....anyway the manager can sell it to me or should i just forget about trying to get them to sell me one.
My walmart says it has 4 of one of the laptops but at the moment they looked for those they were nowhere to be found, and one lady told me they could sell the display model of other that just showed that one, but the other person in there told me that they couldn't.

Now showing as low as $9 at some stores.
I picked up the robot and the variety kit for $9 each. Figured it would be fun with the kids this Christmas. They take up a good chunk of space under the tree so good cost / volume ratio!

Why wouldn't u call to see if they have it?

You mean the Wal-Mart app on my phone? im confused
Walmart Electronics, whaddya want?

Do you have Microsoft Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller, Black, HM3-00001 in stock?

*pause* Nope. *click*

*brickseek now shows out of stock because the employee bought it himself when he saw the price*

womp womp

I headed out to the two stores showing "low stock" to look for the Crystal DS4 controller:

Store #1: No luck as they are OOS. Not surprised and didn't deter me from looking at the next store.

Store #2: Jackpot! They only had two left in the case and the employee that helped me was shocked to see the price. He said he will be getting one.

Pretty terrible deal sadly. Games are all old and accessory is trash. Thank you for posting it though.

11 Dollar Crystal Controllers

Back on the 10th I had bought 4 controllers at 25 each. Yesterday I took back the receipt and changed my order from 108.25 to 47.63. If you bought them at 25, go to a store that has it for 11 and make this deal super sweet.

I had one lady tell me that they only do it for the first 7 days, I just said "You have a 90 day return policy, please just return it and re-sell it to me then."

There's a $15 Xbone Rory McIlroy at Irondequoit, NY Walmart. 

Also a bunch of the $5 Burgertime mini arcades. I grabbed the lone Dig Dug one they had. 

Well I just seen both the 55 and 65 inch lg c8 oleds at walmart. 55" was $500 and the 65" was $530. Both were display models and have burn in. It was so hard to walk away from the 65" but the 60fps image from the demo that was burned into the screen made it a little easier.

Pretty terrible deal sadly. Games are all old and accessory is trash. Thank you for posting it though.

11 Dollar Crystal Controllers

Back on the 10th I had bought 4 controllers at 25 each. Yesterday I took back the receipt and changed my order from 108.25 to 47.63. If you bought them at 25, go to a store that has it for 11 and make this deal super sweet.

I had one lady tell me that they only do it for the first 7 days, I just said "You have a 90 day return policy, please just return it and re-sell it to me then."
In the future. Its much more believable to just say hey I need to change to a different form of payment. Had some stuff come up and while I still need these, I need to move my billing date around. Return on one credit card. Rebuy on a different one. Easy peezy. Oh had no idea they were cheaper. Bonus!

In the future. Its much more believable to just say hey I need to change to a different form of payment. Had some stuff come up and while I still need these, I need to move my billing date around. Return on one credit card. Rebuy on a different one. Easy peezy. Oh had no idea they were cheaper. Bonus!
Great idea, thank you.

I picked up the last Nintendo Labo Vehicle Kit for $9.00 at the local Walmart. They also had one Nintendo Labo Robot Kit for $9.00.

Don't remember seeing it posted before, so sorry if old news.

Just got back and picked up Street Fighter 30th Anniversary for 5 bucks for Xbox One

The Legends Flashback is marked $3 at one of my Walmarts but I couldn't find it in store.
Hope they can locate it for you. I expect that the only places that the AtGames stuff will show up going forward might be at Walmart, Dollar General, and Family Dollar...and Dollar General and Family Dollar hardly ever do clearance anything.

Any cheap TVs out there on clearance? My 50" Emerson from the BF special about 5 or so years ago just went.

I just hit the jackpot in a Walmart while traveling for work. This store showed stock for all of the micro arcade cabs @$5 (Pacman, Galaga, Dig Dug, Ms. Pacman) Also $11 for the Atari Flashback 9 & Legends. However nothing was to be seen on the sales floor. I asked the girl in the department & showed her on the app that they were all supposed to be in stock. She told me that they just redid that section in the department and they'd all been discontinued. She went in the back room and came out with a big box with everything I asked for and then some! I was able to buy all the micro cabs, a Galaga Pocket game, both flashbacks & a Crystal Dualshock controller! Sometimes all you have to do is have patience and ask nicely!

I just hit the jackpot in a Walmart while traveling for work. This store showed stock for all of the micro arcade cabs @$5 (Pacman, Galaga, Dig Dug, Ms. Pacman) Also $11 for the Atari Flashback 9 & Legends. However nothing was to be seen on the sales floor. I asked the girl in the department & showed her on the app that they were all supposed to be in stock. She told me that they just redid that section in the department and they'd all been discontinued. She went in the back room and came out with a big box with everything I asked for and then some! I was able to buy all the micro cabs, a Galaga Pocket game, both flashbacks & a Crystal Dualshock controller! Sometimes all you have to do is have patience and ask nicely!
Must not have been in a Walmart the way some people talk around here

lol I always get the "If we have it, it would be on the floor"
I've had some crappy employees there, I am not saying they don't fill their slots with plenty of bottom feeding idiots, but man some of our ahem, less than nice members get a bit nasty when they don't get their way

I was in Walmart 2 weeks ago at around 11pm. I needed the game cage opened. Electronics closes at some stores but managers will have keys to open those cages though some lazy employees repeat that they are closed and / or the person with the keys is gone (they can not take those keys home with them).

Anyways, asked a girl at 10:55pm if someone had keys to open the cage. Girl laughed at me, said electronics is closed and that she is about to clock out. Before I could say anything else, she walks away.

Now that's an extreme that barely happens but fuck that chick. I did end up getting an employee who got a manager who opened the cage and I got my items. I love when Walmart is good but when it's bad, it's the worst store to shop at and it's because of the shitty employees.

I typically shop Walmart during the 7am-10pm range.   In the rare instance I'm in there earlier or later I'm not expecting the best service because there are typically fewer employees that can help.  Plus outside of those hours one side of the store has the doors locked anyway to help deter thieves.   Overall, my experience is usually pretty decent with Walmart.  But then it's usually pretty decent with GameStop, Best Buy,  and other places that other people have issues with.  Maybe it's just people are nicer in the south?

Last time I tried to buy a new game (Ultimate Alliance 3) from Walmart the woman at one store where they clearly hadn't even stocked the game yet (it was Thursday) actually went so far as to say they didn't sell new games at Walmart to avoid even looking it up on her computer. 

Basically the convo...

Me: "Hi there, sorry to bug you, looking for a game that came out a couple days ago.  Walmart.com shows you have it in stock but I'm not even seen a spot for it in the game shelf, thinking maybe for some reason it hasn't been put out yet? Anyway, hoping you could just verify for me." 
Her: "What game?"
Me: "Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 for Swtich." 

Her: "Never heard of it, but I've been gone all week." 

Me: "OK... so can you look it up?"
Her: "Oh, if it's not there we don't have it."
Me: "OK, and I suspect you may not but seems odd you don't even have a space for it" 

Her: "Oh, well you said it came out this week? We don't sell new games." 

Me: "You're telling me that Walmart, the largest game retailer in the country, doesn't sell new release games..."

Her: "Yep." 

Me: "You have an advertisement for this game at the front door."
Her: "Oh, they do that all the time." 
Me: "You advertise new games on release week but don't sell new releases all the time?" 
Her: "Yep." 
Me: "So you're not even going to bother typing the name into the system to check if you have it or not?"
Her: "If we had it I'd know." 

Me: "You just said you haven't been here all week"
Her: "We don't have it." 

Me walking away, "Wow, seriously?" 
Some random employee walking by who heard the convo, "That lazy ass..." 

Most employees are fine but this one really blew me away. 

Stories like that remind of me of when they first started the game trade in program. I tried multiple times to trade in games and was either told they didn't take trade ins (in store signs saying they did) or didn't want to be bothered with them and said they didn't know how to process them and come back the next day. At least they took trade ins online so I just gave up and shipped all the trade ins instead.

Today I noticed the local store, the one a few miles away, just lowered all their in stock Labo kits to $9 this morning. After some debate I decided to pick up one of each (Variety, Robot and Vehicle kits).  There is always the chance these show up in a place like Five Below, or get another clearance cut, but they are also Nintendo published so decided to just get them now.

I have an insider at Wal-Mart where I live. It seems the Final Fight arcade1up that was the display floor model has been moved to the back of the store warehouse. Soon I will find out its fate and hopefully it goes up for sale so I can buy it. Fingers crossed X_X

Today I noticed the local store, the one a few miles away, just lowered all their in stock Labo kits to $9 this morning. After some debate I decided to pick up one of each (Variety, Robot and Vehicle kits). There is always the chance these show up in a place like Five Below, or get another clearance cut, but they are also Nintendo published so decided to just get them now.
A somewhat nearby store went in the back and got me the Robot and Variety for $9 each. Gotta find that third one now.

Got the Burger Time and Dig Dug myarcade machines for $5 each.
A store I went to yesterday evening had quite a few for $5(Galaga, Pac-man, Ms Pac-man, Burgertime, Dig Dug). Only one I purchased was Ms Pac-man. They also had a bunch of Arcade1up stuff marked down(Street Fighter 2 cab $74, Rampage cab $74, Golden Tee $99, risers $11). I picked up the SF2 cab. The GT cab and risers were gone before I could get there though. I also found the Pac-man ghost light-up wall signs for $4.

bread's done
Back