Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Found numerous copies of God of War (2018) in the clearance section at my local Walmart. Had to scan on one of those machines just to be sure. Rang up at $19.94 or something like that. Couldn't believe it. Grabbed a copy since there were only 5 or 6 left.

I had SF2 pop up for $75 at a Walmart 45 minutes away from me. Said there were 2-3 IN STOCK! I took the chance and drove out. "We don't know what that is... Oh, well we don't have anymore... Oh that floor model isn't for sale." Didn't even bother checking inventory or offer to sell me the shite floor model (still ran fine, cosmetically beat up.) I wasted an hour and a half on one of my busier days to run into a completely incompetent employee who I have a feeling knew about the price...

Found numerous copies of God of War (2018) in the clearance section at my local Walmart. Had to scan on one of those machines just to be sure. Rang up at $19.94 or something like that. Couldn't believe it. Grabbed a copy since there were only 5 or 6 left.
It got an official price drop to $19.99 some time ago.

Back in my day, we used computers as big as you kids' dorm rooms! You'd have to jump on your segways just to get from one vacuum tube to another! All to store a few words!

Which is hilarious especially how people would not buy the vita because it cost 100 to get 32 gigs.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was really excited for the Vita and even got it the day it came out. Messed around with it for a few hours and was very disappointed. I end up returning it the same day. Told myself I'd get it again when there are more games I'd want.

That never came and I have no desire to buy it again. Maybe if it was $50 and I can easily back it.

I was really excited for the Vita and even got it the day it came out. Messed around with it for a few hours and was very disappointed. I end up returning it the same day. Told myself I'd get it again when there are more games I'd want.

That never came and I have no desire to buy it again. Maybe if it was $50 and I can easily back it.
I still love that system but Sony screwed it up so badly especially when Nintendo’s 3ds had a terrible launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loved the $50 PsVita slims at Target on clearance a couple years ago.
God I remember that. I was sad that there was not a single one in my area.

Should have picked a vita tv up assuming you hadn't when they had them on sale for dirt cheap. Really the main issue is the damn overpriced memory for the poor vita. There's plenty of good games for it now. Assuming you like dungeon crawlers and such.

They're easily hackable nowadays I think. I know if you can find one on older FW it's super easy. You can also use microSD with a cheap adapter. They're awesome emulation machines and for PSP stuff. I had one awhile and liked it.

Should have picked a vita tv up assuming you hadn't when they had them on sale for dirt cheap. Really the main issue is the damn overpriced memory for the poor vita. There's plenty of good games for it now. Assuming you like dungeon crawlers and such.
I actually had a few but I sell them. Might keep one eventually.

Problem for me is the games. I'm not interested in even a handful of games for the Vita.

Off the top of my head I'd play Uncharted, Sly Cooper, Lumines (though I can play that on the Switch) and Wipeout 2048 (I have on the PS4 though). I'm sure there are others but nothing has sparked my interested.

It's not a bad console though, just can't justify paying for it as I know it'll collect dust. Doesn't help that the UI for it is terrible too.

A store I went to yesterday evening had quite a few for $5(Galaga, Pac-man, Ms Pac-man, Burgertime, Dig Dug). Only one I purchased was Ms Pac-man. They also had a bunch of Arcade1up stuff marked down(Street Fighter 2 cab $74, Rampage cab $74, Golden Tee $99, risers $11). I picked up the SF2 cab. The GT cab and risers were gone before I could get there though. I also found the Pac-man ghost light-up wall signs for $4.
Galaga, Pac-man and Ms. Pac-man were still $24.xx at my store. I did pick up Burgertime and Dig Dug for $5 each.

For those in the know, will an item show in stock if it's not physically there yet? 

Went to pick up Luigi's Mansion 3, none were out (that's certainly nothing new), and the worker gave an EXASPERATED sigh when I asked if he could check to see if they were in the back. He scanned the price sticker in front of the space where they were supposed to be in the case, and said they had 28 copies on hand- they must be in the back. He went in the back for 20 seconds, then came out and said his manager said they haven't arrived yet. 

For those in the know, will an item show in stock if it's not physically there yet?

Went to pick up Luigi's Mansion 3, none were out (that's certainly nothing new), and the worker gave an EXASPERATED sigh when I asked if he could check to see if they were in the back. He scanned the price sticker in front of the space where they were supposed to be in the case, and said they had 28 copies on hand- they must be in the back. He went in the back for 20 seconds, then came out and said his manager said they haven't arrived yet.
It's probably a matter of they have the copies in the back but they can't sell them yet for whatever reason. They're probably sitting on a pallet in the backroom.

Problem for me is the games. I'm not interested in even a handful of games for the Vita.

Off the top of my head I'd play Uncharted, Sly Cooper, Lumines (though I can play that on the Switch) and Wipeout 2048 (I have on the PS4 though). I'm sure there are others but nothing has sparked my interested.

It's not a bad console though, just can't justify paying for it as I know it'll collect dust. Doesn't help that the UI for it is terrible too.
And not being able to have more than one account per card was a poor decision. If you haven't played persona 4 golden It's one of the top recommended titles for the vita. I quite enjoyed it. Though my main reason for purchasing the vita was it was on sale and I wanted to play tales of hearts.

Deal wise They had the huge 9 packs of air heads 3 blue raspberry, 2 cherry white mystery and watermelon each for a quarter. They also had king size coffee peanut m&ms for a quarter and toffifay for a quarter.

numbers on my receipt

toffifay https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=126689828

airheads https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=203603306

m&ms 004000050290

good luck.

I have an insider at Wal-Mart where I live. It seems the Final Fight arcade1up that was the display floor model has been moved to the back of the store warehouse. Soon I will find out its fate and hopefully it goes up for sale so I can buy it. Fingers crossed X_X
If it was on the floor it is probably beat to hell with all the graphics on the top worn off. Thats what every display model I've seen has looked like.

Yeah its really great if you're into visual novels and otome type games though. I've got a decent size library for it, but it doesn't feel comfortable in my hands.

If it was on the floor it is probably beat to hell with all the graphics on the top worn off. Thats what every display model I've seen has looked like.

Yeah its really great if you're into visual novels and otome type games though. I've got a decent size library for it, but it doesn't feel comfortable in my hands.
Get a cheap grip off Aliexpress. I prefer the one with the handlebars coming off to the side a bit rather than something that just makes it more bulky.

They're easily hackable nowadays I think. I know if you can find one on older FW it's super easy. You can also use microSD with a cheap adapter. They're awesome emulation machines and for PSP stuff. I had one awhile and liked it.
Interesting.. I may have to look into this since I have 4 VITA's, no, unfortunately none were the clearance ones from Target, but long story short, I wanted an OLED, and the new LCD version, and thanks to mutiple bids on ebay I ended up winning 3 of them, each for a good price, 2 Walking Dead bundles, and 1 OLED, and then found one on craigslist before its untimely death(aka let it go, offer up killed craigs) and bought it as was hoping it would be my guinea pig for "hacking" it before they cracked it..

since I'm a CAG its obvious i never did anything and so for the last 3yrs all 4 VITA's have jus sat in storage, aka in a pile in my el hoardo room.

Anyways, what games do yall recommend, specific titles for me to play on it? NOT into all the japanese anime games I seen, but willing to give a MUST PLAY games a shot on it, only game I have for it that I want to play is the Killzone one.. but since I still haven't beaten LIBERATION..

Also if you know any good sites for "hacking" it, ala psp glory days, link those too please!

oNe

From Walmart Toy Book, PS4 Slim 500GB will be sold more in stores this season. This goes with the rumored $150 PS4 Slim for Black Friday. Grain of salt but it's a pattern and they are the only store so far actively selling 500GB models.

https://www.bfads.net/stores/walmart/ads/toy-books/page-36

Also take note of page 35 for Pokemon Sword of Shield that list the price as "At our everyday low price". We may see them release for $49.98 like other launch games in store.

Last time I tried to buy a new game (Ultimate Alliance 3) from Walmart the woman at one store where they clearly hadn't even stocked the game yet (it was Thursday) actually went so far as to say they didn't sell new games at Walmart to avoid even looking it up on her computer.

Basically the convo...

Me: "Hi there, sorry to bug you, looking for a game that came out a couple days ago. Walmart.com shows you have it in stock but I'm not even seen a spot for it in the game shelf, thinking maybe for some reason it hasn't been put out yet? Anyway, hoping you could just verify for me."
Her: "What game?"
Me: "Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 for Swtich."
Her: "Never heard of it, but I've been gone all week."
Me: "OK... so can you look it up?"
Her: "Oh, if it's not there we don't have it."
Me: "OK, and I suspect you may not but seems odd you don't even have a space for it"
Her: "Oh, well you said it came out this week? We don't sell new games."
Me: "You're telling me that Walmart, the largest game retailer in the country, doesn't sell new release games..."
Her: "Yep."
Me: "You have an advertisement for this game at the front door."
Her: "Oh, they do that all the time."
Me: "You advertise new games on release week but don't sell new releases all the time?"
Her: "Yep."
Me: "So you're not even going to bother typing the name into the system to check if you have it or not?"
Her: "If we had it I'd know."
Me: "You just said you haven't been here all week"
Her: "We don't have it."

Me walking away, "Wow, seriously?"
Some random employee walking by who heard the convo, "That lazy ass..."

Most employees are fine but this one really blew me away.
Nah you can say it. Walmart employees are fucking worthless.

Between the employees and the people that go there, it’s not even worth the savings.

Interesting.. I may have to look into this since I have 4 VITA's, no, unfortunately none were the clearance ones from Target, but long story short, I wanted an OLED, and the new LCD version, and thanks to mutiple bids on ebay I ended up winning 3 of them, each for a good price, 2 Walking Dead bundles, and 1 OLED, and then found one on craigslist before its untimely death(aka let it go, offer up killed craigs) and bought it as was hoping it would be my guinea pig for "hacking" it before they cracked it..

since I'm a CAG its obvious i never did anything and so for the last 3yrs all 4 VITA's have jus sat in storage, aka in a pile in my el hoardo room.

Anyways, what games do yall recommend, specific titles for me to play on it? NOT into all the japanese anime games I seen, but willing to give a MUST PLAY games a shot on it, only game I have for it that I want to play is the Killzone one.. but since I still haven't beaten LIBERATION..

Also if you know any good sites for "hacking" it, ala psp glory days, link those too please!

oNe
Soul Sacrifice Delta is a pretty good monster hunter-type game. Need for Speed, WipeOut, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, Madden with its interesting audibles where you would draw with your finger pressing the screen the receiver's new route you wanted him to run, MLB the Show...plenty of portable PS3-era good stuff. Someone else can recommend the RPG's.

It's got good fighting games too, should you care to play fighting games on a portable. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Dead or Alive 5, Mortal Kombat 9... there's plenty there to keep your thumbs dancing. Also, be aware that it's backward compatible with the PSOne and PSP through the magic of downloadable content. Hack it and you've got a whole crapload of games you can play on a Vita using RetroArch.

Anyhoo. For the first time in a long time, Brickseek didn't disappoint... Wal-Mart had everything the site claimed it did, and at the prices listed. I picked up two Micro Arcade units- a Dig Dug and a Burgertime- and the Atari Flashback 9. Total price? Twenty-one dollars. Yeah, I can live with that. I could have gotten Bad Dudes and Karate Champ as well, but does anyone really need the NES versions of those games? (Answer: no.)

I went to buy Luigi's Mansion 3 last night at Walmart. I had 4 digital gift cards on my phone that I got from swag bucks and Microsoft rewards. I just pulled them up from google pay. The woman said I might be scamming and actually called someone up from customer service or some shit. It took about 10 minutes. I thought about leaving and going to another Walmart but I was tired and just wanted to get the game and go home. Of course the guy she called up there says I can use the gift cards no questions asked.

Can't believe I got treated like a criminal over $30 worth of gift cards.

I went to buy Luigi's Mansion 3 last night at Walmart. I had 4 digital gift cards on my phone that I got from swag bucks and Microsoft rewards. I just pulled them up from google pay. The woman said I might be scamming and actually called someone up from customer service or some shit. It took about 10 minutes. I thought about leaving and going to another Walmart but I was tired and just wanted to get the game and go home. Of course the guy she called up there says I can use the gift cards no questions asked.

Seriously dude. That is not a big deal. Get a grip. Must be a millennial.

Honestly, I can see where she is coming from. Retail jobs now have to be careful with gift cards scams since they are so common and she was just trying to save her own ass in case of a mistake and you actually were. You probably aren't the only one she has done that to.

Seriously dude. That is not a big deal. Get a grip. Must be a millennial.
Here's a list of things the older generation gets offended at:

1. Proof that Reaganomics destroyed the economy

2. People who say "happy holidays"

3. Religions that aren't Christian

4. People speaking foreign languages

5. Climate change

6. Kneeling during football games

Millennials didn't invent getting offended, and people of any age can feel disrespected. Don't be stupid, dude.

Couldn't tell you how many older people have gotten angry with me as a cashier because I didn't count their change a certain way when handing it to them.

To be clear, the amount of change was always correct; they got upset because I didn't count it out the way *they* normally do.

Got lucky this morning while looking for cheap micro SD cards.

Prison Architect (Xbox One) - $3

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan (Xbox 360) - $5

Considering I've pretty much stopped going to stores to buy useless crap that I don't really need with my meager paycheck, both games were wins for me.  Most of the micro SD cards and flash drives that had been clearanced were gone, and the others that might have been discounted were attached to a security fastened display.  There wasn't anyone working in electronics at 8 a.m. in the morning, and I knew it was going to take an act of Congress to get the ones that were there scanned. 

So, I said screw it, bought the games, and left the store.  As the great actor Dick Van Patten once said, "eight is enough."  

Couldn't tell you how many older people have gotten angry with me as a cashier because I didn't count their change a certain way when handing it to them.

To be clear, the amount of change was always correct; they got upset because I didn't count it out the way *they* normally do.
I hope they went on rants about the new fangled communist math they're teaching in the schools

bread's done
Back