Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night for $15.  Saw Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna The Golden Country and Dead Cells for the switch as well.

Video game section was also remodeled and moved, was able to pick up Styx: Shards of Darkness for $5. I saw it on Brickseek for the longest time but couldn't find it in store. Stores nearby have the same deal with a number of other games too, I should check them out.

All crystal DS4's in my area made the price jump after BF.

Were at 11.00 but couldnt be found, but magically they were found after the price hike.

My Walmart had 4 of the Crystal dualshocks during Black Friday weekend, but they were ringing up for $38+tax, same price all their dualshocks were during BF. I think they are up to $64 now though.

The Walmart on S. Beach Blvd in La Habra, CA had a couple good games on clearance. I went in at around 11pm

Managed to get:

-Fire Emblem Warriors for $10 3DS they had like 8 copies and the tag still said $39.88 https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=788770439

-Darksiders 3 PS4 for $15 There were only two copies left. i grabbed one but Brickseek is saying OOS so maybe someone grabbed the other one right after me. Wouldn't hurt to check though. https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=55791766

-Steep Winter Games Edition PS4 for $10. They had maybe 1 or 2 copies left after I grabbed one. https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=670413122

They also had:

-Bloodstained for the Switch for $25 https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=964517603

-Uglydolls for Switch Brickseek says $15 but I could have sworn the sticker said $10 but I could be wrong. https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=265301280

-They supposedly have one copy of Octopath Traveler for $40 but I didn't see it. https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=581954305

-And a bunch of Xbox One games

-Extinction for Xbox One $? I didn't really check how much it was, Brickseek says they don't have it but they did have about 3 copies of it for XBOX One on clearance. https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=126029013

I went to another store. Brickseek said they had Atari Classic vol 2 for $9. Couldn't find it. Instead I found the last copy of .Hack Last Recode for $15. Just two dollars shy of the price it's been for the past couple months. I was planning on buying it anyway and seeing it there I just took it. Literally. I've gone to this store a bunch of times but this time the dude that helped me just gave me the game and told me I could take it with me until I paid at the front. I asked him if he was sure and he said "Yeah, it's less than $40." And in my head I'm just like then what's the point of locking the cheap games up then? Going by the tags, they had Mafia 3 for $15 that I missed out on and had three copies left of Wolfenstein New Colossus for $25.

Going to a Walmart a few cities away today for some last minute X-Mas shopping. I will report back if I see anything good.

The store was completely crazy, and all of the clearance games were gone. That will teach me to shop the week before a major holiday.

Last I looked these weren't available, but checked today and they were in-stock and available for local pickup today. My wife has her phone through straight talk so I'm buying this so she gets an upgrade. nicely this iphone has a regular headphone port which I consider a bonus.

Hi all, I have a question. I tried to price match Street Fighter 30th Anniversary in-store with Target's online price and they told me they couldn't match a competitor's price? Was this always a thing?

You can find a 64gb usb stick for $6 at WM, if you just want a bunch of music for the car...assuming it has the slot.
I currently drive a crv. With an ipod mini, I can see album art, and use all my button on steering wheel or dash to change things like song, album etc through aux cable in console. I'm not sure if another device or storage would do that easily?

I currently drive a crv. With an ipod mini, I can see album art, and use all my button on steering wheel or dash to change things like song, album etc through aux cable in console. I'm not sure if another device or storage would do that easily?
My camry has a usb port and will play from a jump drive and allows for full control from the steering wheel & dash controls. Before throwing money at another device throw some mp3's on a jump drive and try it out if you have a usb port. You don't have to have a clean drive but there may be a limit to how large a drive it can recognize and it'll probably have to be fat32 formatted. Read your manual or google. On mine it scans for compatible files and lets you sort them by artist, album, track name, ...etc. Of course if all your music is in an incompatible format then you'll have to convert it to mp3 or something else that it recognizes. Again, the manual or internet is a way to find out. But just throwing an mp3 on a jump drive and there's a HIGH chance it'll just work.

Edit: I get album art as well. I did have to edit many MP3's though to embed art that was perfectly square. But I settled on my own formatting for the mp3's so it worked 100% of the time and left other art in separate folders incase I want it later for some reason.

Wait, they price match Walmart.com? That doesn't sound right.
Yeah they surprisingly do now! Did it myself a couple weeks ago when Monopoly for Millennials was $8 on the site.

I remember they would refuse to do so and say Walmart.com was different to Walmart the store but now, it seems that's all they can do now is accept it.

I don't know about the CRV, but in my car, whatever is hooked up to the USB slot can be controlled quite easily through the car stereo interface....that is, forwarding through a track, going on to the next track, etc. It does not display album art, true. Guess it just depends on the particular vehicle.

The website's price match policy says any store will price match their app/website as long as its sold and shipped by walmart.

Seen a bunch of stuff on clearance...but things cost cheaper on eBay. Razer seiren x $75, razer kiyo $65...

I did see bravely default for $23 with clearance tag

They need to update that as it's been wrong for almost 2 years now. Not all Walmarts price match Walmart.com and all of them do not price match other stores.
They're supposed to price match wm.com and the app since its' the same thing. Now what they're supposed to do in theory vs what they do in practice are two different things entirely. Like I said in another comment a few weeks ago. Corporate policy is one thing but stores sometimes just invent policies out of thin air if they think they need to.

They're supposed to price match wm.com and the app since its' the same thing. Now what they're supposed to do in theory vs what they do in practice are two different things entirely. Like I said in another comment a few weeks ago. Corporate policy is one thing but stores sometimes just invent policies out of thin air if they think they need to.
No, they aren't. Walmart.com is not the same as in store. Stores can and do have their own policy that does not have to reflect what Walmart.com does.

If you go to a store and try to PM Walmart.com and they tell you they don't do that, it's true. Not all stores do.

As you said, each individual store can have their own policy, most of them don't have a policy that reflects what Walmart.com has.

I saw The Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein II, and Fallout 4 GOTY Edition all for $10 each at Novi, MI store.

Needless to say, I cried about how I had paid $25 for each of these at some point last year. =/

I saw The Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein II, and Fallout 4 GOTY Edition all for $10 each at Novi, MI store.

Needless to say, I cried about how I had paid $25 for each of these at some point last year. =/
If it makes you feel any better, some of us paid MSRP for Starlink on the Switch. At least I was able to use GCU on mine, I guess.

Wait, they price match Walmart.com? That doesn't sound right.
If it’s in stock on the website and sold by Walmart and not some vendor, all stores should price match. If they don’t they aren’t following company policy or just don’t know. Seems 50/50 in my experience between stores just ignoring company policy and CSM’s/managers just not knowing they price match.

If it’s in stock on the website and sold by Walmart and not some vendor, all stores should price match. If they don’t they aren’t following company policy or just don’t know. Seems 50/50 in my experience between stores just ignoring company policy and CSM’s/managers just not knowing they price match.
We really need to get rid of this misinformation.

Stores do not have to price match. They are not ignoring company policy as it's their own policy to make. Each individual store can and does have their own policy for these things. Even on Walmart.com for the PM policy, though outdated, shows that "The manager on duty has the final decision on any Price match. Walmart reserves the right to modify the terms of this policy at any time."

This is different from the previous price match policy Walmart had where they PM'd multiple retailers as apposed to just Walmart.com and Jet.com (assuming that store allows PMs now, they just do those two sites).

https://corporate.walmart.com/policies#price-match-policy

So they aren't ignoring policy, they have the right to have their own policy and do. If they deny you, it's because they can and they do not price match at all. Some stores do PM though but not all. It just depends on the store.

At that point why even bother having price matching at all. In all the stores I've been to in SoCal I've never had a store outright deny a price match request from the .com or the app. The default has always been "if the customer asks for it, just give it to them if its' within the rules".

The reason they have this new policy is because of the abuse that happened when they first introduced PMing. I'm sure you saw the news reports of people price matching Amazon 3rd party listings and getting PS4s for $90 and cameras for $50.

https://money.com/price-matching-scam-walmart/
https://www.ibtimes.com/wal-mart-got-scammed-massive-ps4-price-drop-abusers-price-matching-policy-1726306
https://kotaku.com/people-are-scamming-walmart-with-bogus-cheap-ps4-listin-1660150939

After that whole mess and Walmart losing literal millions, they decided to do away with price matching all together. They revised it after taking it away all together and decided to allow stores to price match only Walmart.com and Jet.com but they could also stay with the new rule of not price matching at all to avoid those initial issues.

https://www.polygon.com/2014/11/20/7253417/no-more-90-ps4s-walmart-changes-price-matching-policy

Due to this, majority of stores nationwide do not allow price matching at all. Stores in Alaska and Hawaii don't even allow it at all regardless of other stores being allowed to circumvent the rule. It's still a store by store rule though so some might allow it depending on store level management discretion.

Some of you might also remember these pictures in certain stores around 2016-2017. Stores that have this sign should (in theory) be the ones that don't PM at all.

fOcsmJY.jpg

Other stores that do price match Walmart.com should have put up this sign.

kz1315dbri0z.jpg

We really need to get rid of this misinformation.

Stores do not have to price match. They are not ignoring company policy as it's their own policy to make. Each individual store can and does have their own policy for these things. Even on Walmart.com for the PM policy, though outdated, shows that "The manager on duty has the final decision on any Price match. Walmart reserves the right to modify the terms of this policy at any time."

This is different from the previous price match policy Walmart had where they PM'd multiple retailers as apposed to just Walmart.com and Jet.com (assuming that store allows PMs now, they just do those two sites).

https://corporate.walmart.com/policies#price-match-policy

So they aren't ignoring policy, they have the right to have their own policy and do. If they deny you, it's because they can and they do not price match at all. Some stores do PM though but not all. It just depends on the store.
This is incorrect. The old policy was to match particular retailers. Because of scams, they got rid of that. It’s WM policy to price match their own website on in stock items sold directly by them. What you’re mentioning in the fine print is a disclaimer virtually all businesses have when it comes to price match. Of course any retailer has the right to refuse a price match.

Sometimes the WM eCommerce division has a huge cluster of items they want to get rid of so they sell them massively cheap. A manager on duty in store can refuse that price match. Hell, a manager in duty can refuse ANY price match. But it doesn’t change the fact that the policy is to match the website when applicable. You are correct that each store picks and chooses when to enforce this as they see fit. Some stores it just depends on the manager on duty. The same store can have different policies just depending on who answers the call for help.

But the policy is to match the website. If you ask someone from the eCommerce side of things they’re going to back their managers and try to get you to order the item online. Hope that helps.

We're literally saying the same thing. The policy is to price match Walmart.com and Jet.com. Stores do not have to follow that policy if they do not want to. Most stores do not. Each store individual policy is up to managers discretion.

So yes, the policy is to price match the site, it's also to allow stores to choose to not do that. Most choose to not do so.

You can see this proof in the pictures each individual store put up when they were redoing the policy (look above). But I only know this from experience of going to these stores, talking to managers, researching policies during this time, creating this thread, posting information and majority of the deals found in here.

I can assure you that stores are not ignoring policy or lying when they refuse you a price match. Regardless of what Walmart.com shows and says, the store can and does have their own rules that they follow. If they deny you, it's because they do not price match Walmart.com.

bread's done
Back