Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Online grocery pickup must be a great way for stores like Walmart to get rid of their expiring juice and milk, day-old bread, flawed produce, and butchered meat past the 2-day recommended sell date. Sounds like a winning deal for them to me.
Right. Sounds like an excellent way to burn money after store employees have to spend additional time appeasing pissed off customers who complain about receiving shoddy items. Derp

I said "a lot", if you group yourself in with them then you agree what I said applies to you. If you didn't? Then I wasn't talking about you anyway.

I went from a broke high school drop out figuring out how to eat off of $20 a month (yes I went into the store to shop, had to walk there and carry everything back), to having no debt, and living comfortably with my house, cars, etc... paid for. Yes, choices do have consequences and if people choose to waste money they'll have less of that. It's that simply, I'm a deeply flawed person but it frustrates me to see people around me, close to me, that simply refuse to make simple, wise choices with their finances. People mind you, that work harder than I do, but waste more and at the end of the day have less because of it. This have everything mailed to me/everything delivered/everything picked off the store shelves for thing is in almost every instance a poor financial choice.
You’re making generalizations off of your “friends” bad choices. If you looked into the program, you’d see that many items actually sell cheaper through pickup, and Walmart frequently offers $10 or 10% discounts to their grocery pickup customers. I calculate my groceries every month and ever since using their program, I actually spend less money.

Blah blah blah a poor financial choice.
Guess what? Anybody can pick apart your life and find poor financial choices, even now. A lot of ignorant people believe video games are a poor financial choice. Certain foods, drinks, etc. Basically anything you find pleasure or not in, somebody can say it's poor financial decisions. Why? Because people like you and the other guy make broad generalized statements based on a tiny sample size, and no I'm not talking your wang. You can not take small instances from your life and extrapolate to make it about "a lot". Nobody here owes ANYBODY else any reason to have even a small sliver of joy\comfort\happiness in this world

its bizarre isnt it? nobody is talking down on people for getting fast food delivered, going through a drive thru instead of walking in and ordering, or any of a million other modern time saving conveniences, but grocery pickup triggers everybody. who knew.
If it helps, I never have food delivered. Saves me about $15 doing carry out when ordering pizza and takes 15min usually to make. I could call in my order and save the wait, but I don't mind taking a few minutes, interacting with people, and just seeing life unfold. I don't do fast food much though, it's typically cheaper and MUCH healthier to cook at home. If I'm going to eat out, I want an experience to go with it.

But you do you. Time is money and money is time. If you are cool with the exchange that's all that should matter.

You’re making generalizations off of your “friends” bad choices.
I have looked into it, my wife and I debated using it for one specific clearance item which they are known to substitute with something else if it's not in stock. I'm sure like anything, if you are especially cautious with your use it could work to your advantage. But judging by the amount of clearance food items I see each trip to their markets (I often make a 5 minute trip in if one is on the way) there's still a lot being missed out on. Last trip,I got a few of the $1 packs of K-Cups, a few things of clearance toothpaste, etc...

If not for the clearance aspect of it, I wouldn't be so dismissive of the Walmart pickup service, but clearance is the best part of Walmart. I'm not giving this advice because I think I'm some omnipotent being, it's just the last place I'd want to miss browsing clearance items.

That aside, I can't overstate the sadness, not just with friends but with family and their financial struggles. I was the black sheep, but as it turns out 4 of my 5 siblings have had to declare bankruptcy and the 5th one that didn't just had to borrow money from me last weekend. I'm not exaggerating about the choices. I don't say this to condescend, I'm the laziest of the bunch, I should be the worst off financially not the best off.

I can give one example from my wife's friend and co-worker. We don't order delivery, ever. As in we've tried one time in our nearly 20 years of marriage to have food delivered. Well, she's at her friends house and her friend does the delivery thing. She uses an app, orders food, and even the person delivering it (who judging by how some people respond to advice, must have been a big jerk) showed them how they paid a lot more money just because they ordered through the app instead of directly from the food place. My wife and her co-worker make similar money, I already said we have no debt. Her friend is deep in credit card debt. Little bad choices add up. Not every delivery or pickup ever is a bad choice, but generally speaking it isn't the best choice.

This is the final thing I'll say on this issue, I'm not here to browbeat people. Besides, this is for posting clearance deals. All I can do is emphasize that if you are at all able, you are going to be better off in most cases just going into the Walmart, browsing, and picking out your own items. You can comparison shop, you can look for clearance items, and once you know the layout you can basically circle the entire store and check the right spots in only a few minutes. It's good exercise to. If you can't, you can't but if you can my advice stands. Your money, your life, your choices though, of course.

To get back topic of this thread, and to the K-Cup comments, so that this can be somewhat back on track. It seems like the Great Value brand K-Cups are being clearanced in some stores. It seems like it's the old box art. I picked up 18 count Chai Latte (they had 12 count as well), 18 count Pumpkin Spice, and 12 count Mocha Macchioato for $1 each. Not all were marked, or in a clearance section. I saw $1 ones at multiple Walmarts, if you do decide to step foot in one, that's something you can look out for.

I love when people get all judgy, talk condescending smack and then when they get the push back, they jump to "we need to get this back on track" and then make more comments. You're giving advice nobody wanted nor asked for so I'm going to give you the same courtesy from a wise being: don't start none, won't be none. Nowhere was there a point where anyone needed you to say "you spend your money stupidly". Obviously people here are freaking trying to cut costs, otherwise 99% of us wouldn't be here. I hate coffee, so I can say wasting any money on K-Cups is a frivolous.

You use examples from your life like that's it, that's the world. Let me ask you a question: you keep talking about family, which ones put a gun to your head like mine did? Or beat you as a kid till you couldn't move, like my parents? Which ones decided to throw you out, at 14, the day your uncle was buried because they were drunk? Mine did that btw. Or, which family members quit acknowledging your birthday because a younger cousin died? Mine did that. So, by your logic, these are examples of my life thus all families must be that way. See why you can't judge others based upon your limited life experiences?

I’m just trying to get to how using pick up = financially unstable, lazy & broke.
Let’s be honest, anyone who shops at Walmart isn’t rich to begin with, especially those who are looking for clearance deals. It’s mind boggling to me that many people in this thread are so judgmental/condescending

Which ones decided to throw you out, at 14, the day your uncle was buried because they were drunk?
I'm not going to discuss the other issue because I said I was done, but I wasn't living with my parents (or should I say parent) by 14 to and was paying rent by the age of 15. I didn't bring things like that up because that wasn't pertinent to the point. Choices are though, and the choices we make end up defining us far more than the hands we are dealt.

The clearance K-Cups weren't for me by the way, they were for the people who work under my wife who just got a machine at work. It's a reward for good behavior thing, I tend to drink water. I agree they're wasteful, having said that, if you are going to buy them it's a good choice to get them cheaper.

What I'm a bit confused by is the idea that there are people here posting that they don't like shopping at Walmart, or indicating that they don't go into the store. That befuddles me considering the fact that Walmart clearance deals are almost YMMV and stock is regularly incorrect. If you don't want to go into a Walmart store how did you end up here? To that end, I fail to see how anyone could take a comment specifically directed at people making bad financial choices, as being directed to them, someone who takes the care to shop for deals and peruse a deal forum. If you're too lazy to shop for deals you probably wouldn't be here. If I wanted to direct a comment specifically at someone, I would do so.

I'm not going to discuss the other issue because I said I was done, but I wasn't living with my parents (or should I say parent) by 14 to and was paying rent by the age of 15. I didn't bring things like that up because that wasn't pertinent to the point. Choices are though, and the choices we make end up defining us far more than the hands we are dealt.

The clearance K-Cups weren't for me by the way, they were for the people who work under my wife who just got a machine at work. It's a reward for good behavior thing, I tend to drink water. I agree they're wasteful, having said that, if you are going to buy them it's a good choice to get them cheaper.

What I'm a bit confused by is the idea that there are people here posting that they don't like shopping at Walmart, or indicating that they don't go into the store. That befuddles me considering the fact that Walmart clearance deals are almost YMMV and stock is regularly incorrect. If you don't want to go into a Walmart store how did you end up here? To that end, I fail to see how anyone could take a comment specifically directed at people making bad financial choices, as being directed to them, someone who takes the care to shop for deals and peruse a deal forum. If you're too lazy to shop for deals you probably wouldn't be here. If I wanted to direct a comment specifically at someone, I would do so.
im glad this is over now, just be careful when you drop those k cups off, you might hit your head on the doorway up on that high horse.

Funny thing is I wasnt specifically meaning walmart grocery pick up or delivery why would that hurt walmart besides the fact they wont be in store to buy other crap they had no intention of buying...

I was referring to all the other services out there like Peapod and stuff like that.. There are lots of them and more every day. That will impact B&M grocery a bit there is no denying it.

I started this conversation now im finishing it MOVE ON !!!

This is even worse than the political thread derails. At least politics actually matter in real life.
Politics matters but where I live, thanks to the electoral college, my vote doesn't count. I wish popular vote mattered. This isn't the old days when people had to ride horses to deliver the mail and it was too much to count votes.

Oh wait, you probably didn't want to discuss politics.

Can't we just talk about hair clippers again?!?!
Glad I didn't get any "it's not a game" blow back for finding that deal while shopping and posting about it here. Hope everyone that wanted them were able to get em. If I find something else that seems worth noting I'll bring it here as well.

Thanks again for the clippers suggestion.

I finally got to try them out. Night and day compared to my old ones. Wish I would have switched sooner.

Politics matters but where I live, thanks to the electoral college, my vote doesn't count. I wish popular vote mattered. This isn't the old days when people had to ride horses to deliver the mail and it was too much to count votes.

Oh wait, you probably didn't want to discuss politics.

Glad I didn't get any "it's not a game" blow back for finding that deal while shopping and posting about it here. Hope everyone that wanted them were able to get em. If I find something else that seems worth noting I'll bring it here as well.
If they happen to pop up again I know at least some of us appreciate you listing them. I personally don't care that much if it's a video game as any money we can save elsewhere can go into games.

on topic dq heroes 2 is 12$ https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dragon-Quest-Heroes-II-Explorer-s-Edition-PS4/55326070

It's also price matched at amazon for those who don't have it in stock at their walmart.

I ordered one site to store since I've been waiting for it to drop to under 20 and when it did the last time there were none in stock in my area.

Most of my shopping is done in the reduced for quick sale sections of grocery stores so there's no way I can shop online. I also usually get fruit and vegetables from stores like the 99 cent store or Grocery Outlet which don't have online shopping.

I can't remember where I saw it. It may have been here, but Animal Crossing should be available at all Walmarts on launch day (maybe earlier if you have a 24/7 store) For less than $50.

Since I come to this thread to talk about clearance games i present to you a list of my findings today! No need for arguing over grocery pick up anymore

Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition $1 ( :xb1: 360) https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=42496712

Bioshock Infinite Complete $5 ( :xb1: 360) https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=39807356

Sims 3 $5 ( :xb1: 360) https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=14562219

Kinect Sports Collection 1&2 $9 ( :xb1: 360) https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=21172391

TMNT Mutants in Manhattan $5 ( :xb1: 360) https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=49574639

Fable 2 Platinum Hits $9 ( :xb1: 360) https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=12535024

Transformers Devastation $1 ( :xb1: 360) https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=45922635

Adventure Time Jake and Finn Investigation $1 ( :xb1: 360) https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=44910191

Robinson the Journey $5 ( :ps4:https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=55013169

Fable 2, Kinect Sports Collection were great finds and Robinson is an insane find! Hopefully more of you can post some clearance soon 

Wow, 3 new pages of posts! Must be a great bunch of deals posted! *checks*

...Never mind, it's just the usual chaos and faggotry going on like it's been for the past two years on this site.

What transformers?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Sorry, yes Transformers Devastation from the previous post is what I meant. Went into one Walmart today, tight on time, but it looked they had a lot of staff clearancing out every department I went thru. Workers with carts\tub, tagging with that distinct yellow tag. Not sure if it is YMMV or a company wide sweep

Yeeaahhh.. Cleanup in aisle W40?
Needed a whole aisle of WD40 for that lol I'm not the Machine's dad, not crapping my khakis in a banana republic or a Walmart

EDIT: although my lovely wife loves to tell the story about my baggy af pants dropping in the grocery section and my gorgeous... Scooby Doo boxers were on display. At least those stayed up 😂

I've been a member here since 2017 and I don't think I'll ever understand how these threads always end up devolving into arguments over trivial things or people start harassing someone over stupid shit. It's like high school all over again.

Anyway. Has anybody noticed brickseek not being as reliable lately in terms of walmart and target clearance? brickseek said a Target a few miles away from me had a pair of headphones on clearance. I go to the store and look for them and don't see them. I then ask an employee to look for it using the DPCI number and he says they have 0 units. I go home and Brickseek still says they have stock. A few weeks back I went to a walmart because brickseek said they had 8-9 usb A-C cables and when I get there I find none. Then when I get back home brickseek says they still have them.

Anyway. Has anybody noticed brickseek not being as reliable lately in terms of walmart and target clearance? brickseek said a Target a few miles away from me had a pair of headphones on clearance. I go to the store and look for them and don't see them. I then ask an employee to look for it using the DPCI number and he says they have 0 units. I go home and Brickseek still says they have stock. A few weeks back I went to a walmart because brickseek said they had 8-9 usb A-C cables and when I get there I find none. Then when I get back home brickseek says they still have them.
Been like that for me for months.

I just make random stops into these stores and check out the clearance items. I scan the items with the store's app as sometimes the price is incorrect and its lower than sticker. I love hidden clearance.

Was Brickseek ever truly reliable? Back at the end of 2018, I went to buy a copy of No Man's Sky because they had it on clearance at Walmart for $20. And, even though Brickseek said that my local store had 16 copies, I went in and they only had one.

Brickseek really I believe is only as reliable as the store's ability to have accurate stocks levels listed. I've used the Walmart app itself to find things only for it not to be there. Stock levels say otherwise but zero finds. Not just clearance stuff either.

Anybody else have Walmarts with cattle doors and alarms at the front? Mine have these and you can't come back thru in an emergency or just want to leave because nothing was there for me. Alarms wail, yellow vests tell you to go exit via a register

In my area Brickseek used to be incredibly reliable with some hickups here and there but now it's seems it's gotten worse. Also wanted to mention I went to a Walmart two days ago and they had four or five CoD Ghosts Hardened Editions for the 360 for $40 each.

One store I go to has those gates as well. Their receipt policy is the same as the ones that don't have the gates near me. If everything is in bags they don't ask but if something isn't bagged like a case of bottled water, then they ask to see the receipt.

Was Brickseek ever truly reliable? Back at the end of 2018, I went to buy a copy of No Man's Sky because they had it on clearance at Walmart for $20. And, even though Brickseek said that my local store had 16 copies, I went in and they only had one.
Yeah they have always been pretty hit or miss. Mostly miss for me. The only things I found semi recently was candy and such items which they said they had 100+ in stock for. I bought the entire box of air heads along with tic tacs and such as halloween candy for my sisters kids since they live in an area with fewer houses to do that at.

I guess shoplifting got bad at my local Walmart because not only do they ask to see your receipt and scan it, they scan each item you have to make sure you actually bought it.

I literally just did that two posts above. It's stupid, wasteful, and lazy. Pay extra to have cheap crap delivered? Well, if you want to pay extra for unhealthy stuff be my guest.

The Walmart pickup stuff is pertinent because to reiterate this is a thread about clearance items, and you'll have a heck of a time finding them if you don't go into the damn store.
Because it is, of course, impossible to both have groceries delivered and also STILL go to Walmart to browse the clearance aisles on other days.

bread's done
Back