Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
When someone asks to see my receipt as I leave walmart, I just say no thanks and keep going. It's up to you if you want to waste your time being searched on your way out.You all saying it's rude not to wait shows you how well walmart has trained you to accept this as normal. If a cop wants to search everyone on the streets it's a violation of privacy, but if kind and gentle walmart wants to search your stuff it's all a-ok.

My mom and I never get stopped (we're white). I see a lot of black people and latino people getting stopped though. I think maybe once in my entire life they've asked to see my receipt. The stores in my area do force you to buy video games, and makeup and shampoo in their own departments, instead of at the front of the store. Due to rampant theft, I assume. The only problem with locking games up in that huge glass case (even the clearance), is that I can never find anybody in the games department to help me, and when I do, they usually don't have the keys to the glass case.

That was definitely not an optimal receipt to use as an example. 😂
Once I got past a certain age and no longer had any shits to give, I kinda like checking out with a random selection of stuff and smile at the cashier ringing me out. I get whatever the wife tells me to get. Like when I check out with yeast cream I make it a note to scratch myself a ton.

Right now i'd say If you dont want to be bothered by receipt checkers just start coughing out a lung into the hand you're holding a receipt with.  

Once I got past a certain age and no longer had any shits to give, I kinda like checking out with a random selection of stuff and smile at the cashier ringing me out. I get whatever the wife tells me to get. Like when I check out with yeast cream I make it a note to scratch myself a ton.
You're showing us receipts of bananas and enemas, we know you don't have any shits to give.

Supposedly 3-4 of those LG 60" TVs in stock near me but I don't need one, so good luck. 3412 College Ave
San Diego CA

In our local area, they only stop you *if* you have items in a cart that are not in a bag.

All items bagged? They don’t stop you.

In our local area, they only stop you *if* you have items in a cart that are not in a bag.

All items bagged? They don’t stop you.
This was a long time ago, but I was once stopped to check a receipt for a single bag of gummy bears I had in a Walmart bag. Apparently they thought I'd brought a Walmart bag in to sneak out a bag of candy.

My store shows they have 6+ of them. Reviews seem mixed. Technical setup issues shouldn't be a problem for me. Some people report (read reviews on Amazon and elsewhere) they die early in their life, which makes me wonder if it's surge issues and they are just plugging these into walls or if there's a real issue.

Anyone here use this? For $25 it doesn't seem like a huge gamble and it would be a step up from what I am using right now.

You're showing us receipts of bananas and enemas, we know you don't have any shits to give.

Supposedly 3-4 of those LG 60" TVs in stock near me but I don't need one, so good luck. 3412 College Ave
San Diego CA
Do you have the Brickseek link for the LG TVs?

My store shows they have 6+ of them. Reviews seem mixed. Technical setup issues shouldn't be a problem for me. Some people report (read reviews on Amazon and elsewhere) they die early in their life, which makes me wonder if it's surge issues and they are just plugging these into walls or if there's a real issue.

Anyone here use this? For $25 it doesn't seem like a huge gamble and it would be a step up from what I am using right now.
I bought four when they were 45 and I bought them out now that they're $25. I'm a computer tech who works mainly with small businesses and I use mainly mikrotik routers and sonicwall firewall routers there. I often get asked to do home work related to the business (owner's home, employee, someone's parents). These have been great in homes. I think most of the places I've installed these have not been heavy users, but some of the grandparents stream all day long and some of the families have kids with lots of devices. I've had zero issues with reboots/wifi dropout. They have decent range, but I haven't really tested them. I haven't had any die, but I think the oldest install of this model I have is 4 months. I haven't really liked Linksys since Belkin took them over, and I've been using other netgears in homes and haven't had many major issues. They seem to last as long as I expect for consumer routers.

Not at all a video game deal, but Walmarts in my area seem to be clearancing a lot of ice cream and similar products. Some stores were cleaned out, but I saw several $1 1.5 quart containers and that sort of thing in stock.

what brad

Not at all a video game deal, but Walmarts in my area seem to be clearancing a lot of ice cream and similar products. Some stores were cleaned out, but I saw several $1 1.5 quart containers and that sort of thing in stock.
what brand of ice creams??

what brand of ice cream?

I bought four when they were 45 and I bought them out now that they're $25. I'm a computer tech who works mainly with small businesses and I use mainly mikrotik routers and sonicwall firewall routers there. I often get asked to do home work related to the business (owner's home, employee, someone's parents). These have been great in homes. I think most of the places I've installed these have not been heavy users, but some of the grandparents stream all day long and some of the families have kids with lots of devices. I've had zero issues with reboots/wifi dropout. They have decent range, but I haven't really tested them. I haven't had any die, but I think the oldest install of this model I have is 4 months. I haven't really liked Linksys since Belkin took them over, and I've been using other netgears in homes and haven't had many major issues. They seem to last as long as I expect for consumer routers.
The store that has them here is in the middle of being remodeled... so... haven't managed to snag one yet. Thanks for the info though, if I end up finding one I'll snag it.

^Maybe their freezers died (temporarily) and they have to clearance out all the product in the affected freezers. I've seen this first-hand at a previous retail job.

Clearance ice cream, this is a nationwide clearance.

$0.50 Great Value Chocolate & Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches, 42 oz, 12 Count

$1.50 Mountain House Freeze-Dried Ice Cream Sandwich - One Serving

$1.00 Halo Top Light Ice Cream Peanut Butter & Jelly, 1.0 PT

$0.75 Nickelodeon Slime Orange and Lemon Lime Slime Bars, 12pk

$1.25 Klondike Ice Cream Bars Double Chocolate Mini 12 ct

$1.00 Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shell Shock Surprise Ice Cream, 48 fl oz

$1.25 Brothers Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches

$0.75 Brothers Ice Cream Vanilla BonBons

$0.75 SNICKERS Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Bars With Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream 6-Count Box

$1.00 Brothers Vanilla Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich

$1.00 Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Vanilla 16 oz

$1.00 HAAGEN-DAZS Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cookie Squares 3 ct Box

$0.10 NESTLE Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich 6 fl. oz. Wrapper

$0.50 NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich 6 fl. oz. Pack

$2.50 La Michoacana Cajeta Rellena Ice Cream Paletas, 6ct - 2.5 fl.oz.

$1.00 HAAGEN-DAZS Ice Cream Green Tea 14 Fl. Oz. Cup No rBST Gluten Free

$0.75 Popsicle Ice Pops Sours 12 ct

$1.00 Breyers Limited Edition Ice Cream Frozen Peppermint Hot Chocolate 48oz

$0.50 Great Value Fat Free Raspberry Sherbet, 48 fl oz

$0.75 DISNEY Frozen II ChocOlaf Fudge Swirl Light Ice Cream 1.5 qt. Tub

$1.00 Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Wake & No Bake Cookie Dough Core 16oz

$0.50 Great Value Tin Roof Pretzel Sundae Ice Cream, 48 oz

$0.75 Dreyers/Edys Sour Patch Kids Ice Cream 48oz

$1.00 HAAGEN-DAZS SPIRITS Stout Chocolate Pretzel Crunch Ice Cream 14 fl. oz. Cup

$0.75 DISNEY Frozen II Magical Mint Snowflake Light Ice Cream 1.5 qt. Tub

$0.50 Want Want Foods Hot Kid Toddler Mum-Mum Rice Biscuits, 20 ea

$1.00 Breyers Original Frozen Dairy Dessert Peach 48 oz

$1.00 Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Sweet Like Sugar Cookie Dough Core 16 oz

$1.00 Chilly Cow Chocolate Hazelnut Sandwich, 4pk

$1.00 Breyers Original Frozen Dairy Dessert Chocolate Chip 48 oz

$0.50 Great Value Chocolate & Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches, 42 oz, 12 Count
$1.50 Mountain House Freeze-Dried Ice Cream Sandwich - One Serving
$1.00 Halo Top Light Ice Cream Peanut Butter & Jelly, 1.0 PT
$0.75 Nickelodeon Slime Orange and Lemon Lime Slime Bars, 12pk
$1.25 Klondike Ice Cream Bars Double Chocolate Mini 12 ct
$1.00 Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shell Shock Surprise Ice Cream, 48 fl oz
$1.25 Brothers Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
$0.75 Brothers Ice Cream Vanilla BonBons
$0.75 SNICKERS Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Bars With Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream 6-Count Box
$1.00 Brothers Vanilla Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich
$1.00 Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Vanilla 16 oz
$1.00 HAAGEN-DAZS Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cookie Squares 3 ct Box
$0.10 NESTLE Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich 6 fl. oz. Wrapper
$0.50 NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich 6 fl. oz. Pack
$2.50 La Michoacana Cajeta Rellena Ice Cream Paletas, 6ct - 2.5 fl.oz.
$1.00 HAAGEN-DAZS Ice Cream Green Tea 14 Fl. Oz. Cup No rBST Gluten Free
$0.75 Popsicle Ice Pops Sours 12 ct
$1.00 Breyers Limited Edition Ice Cream Frozen Peppermint Hot Chocolate 48oz
$0.50 Great Value Fat Free Raspberry Sherbet, 48 fl oz
$0.75 DISNEY Frozen II ChocOlaf Fudge Swirl Light Ice Cream 1.5 qt. Tub
$1.00 Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Wake & No Bake Cookie Dough Core 16oz
$0.50 Great Value Tin Roof Pretzel Sundae Ice Cream, 48 oz
$0.75 Dreyers/Edys Sour Patch Kids Ice Cream 48oz
$1.00 HAAGEN-DAZS SPIRITS Stout Chocolate Pretzel Crunch Ice Cream 14 fl. oz. Cup
$0.75 DISNEY Frozen II Magical Mint Snowflake Light Ice Cream 1.5 qt. Tub
$0.50 Want Want Foods Hot Kid Toddler Mum-Mum Rice Biscuits, 20 ea
$1.00 Breyers Original Frozen Dairy Dessert Peach 48 oz
$1.00 Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Sweet Like Sugar Cookie Dough Core 16 oz
$1.00 Chilly Cow Chocolate Hazelnut Sandwich, 4pk
$1.00 Breyers Original Frozen Dairy Dessert Chocolate Chip 48 oz
WelloffWellwornBasenji-size_restricted.gif

$0.50 Great Value Chocolate & Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches, 42 oz, 12 Count
$1.50 Mountain House Freeze-Dried Ice Cream Sandwich - One Serving
$1.00 Halo Top Light Ice Cream Peanut Butter & Jelly, 1.0 PT
$0.75 Nickelodeon Slime Orange and Lemon Lime Slime Bars, 12pk
$1.25 Klondike Ice Cream Bars Double Chocolate Mini 12 ct
$1.00 Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shell Shock Surprise Ice Cream, 48 fl oz
$1.25 Brothers Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
$0.75 Brothers Ice Cream Vanilla BonBons
$0.75 SNICKERS Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Bars With Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream 6-Count Box
$1.00 Brothers Vanilla Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich
$1.00 Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Vanilla 16 oz
$1.00 HAAGEN-DAZS Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cookie Squares 3 ct Box
$0.10 NESTLE Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich 6 fl. oz. Wrapper
$0.50 NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich 6 fl. oz. Pack
$2.50 La Michoacana Cajeta Rellena Ice Cream Paletas, 6ct - 2.5 fl.oz.
$1.00 HAAGEN-DAZS Ice Cream Green Tea 14 Fl. Oz. Cup No rBST Gluten Free
$0.75 Popsicle Ice Pops Sours 12 ct
$1.00 Breyers Limited Edition Ice Cream Frozen Peppermint Hot Chocolate 48oz
$0.50 Great Value Fat Free Raspberry Sherbet, 48 fl oz
$0.75 DISNEY Frozen II ChocOlaf Fudge Swirl Light Ice Cream 1.5 qt. Tub
$1.00 Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Wake & No Bake Cookie Dough Core 16oz
$0.50 Great Value Tin Roof Pretzel Sundae Ice Cream, 48 oz
$0.75 Dreyers/Edys Sour Patch Kids Ice Cream 48oz
$1.00 HAAGEN-DAZS SPIRITS Stout Chocolate Pretzel Crunch Ice Cream 14 fl. oz. Cup
$0.75 DISNEY Frozen II Magical Mint Snowflake Light Ice Cream 1.5 qt. Tub
$0.50 Want Want Foods Hot Kid Toddler Mum-Mum Rice Biscuits, 20 ea
$1.00 Breyers Original Frozen Dairy Dessert Peach 48 oz
$1.00 Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Sweet Like Sugar Cookie Dough Core 16 oz
$1.00 Chilly Cow Chocolate Hazelnut Sandwich, 4pk
$1.00 Breyers Original Frozen Dairy Dessert Chocolate Chip 48 oz
Why is the freeze dried ice cream on sale?

Looked at a couple items... wow, yeah here too.  Seems like a lot of stuff suddenly liquidated.   The 12pack of ice cream sandwiches varies with most either $0.50 or $1.96.  A single store still has some for $2 and another for 2.56.  The closest one with $0.50 still in stock is about 30 miles away.  I'm not going to go crazy looking for ice cream, but it might be worth it to check on my way home and see if there's anything left worth grabbing locally.

Not nationwide. Only one item out of all of those was significantly less than MSRP in my area. But thanks for the list anyways.
That doesn't mean it isn't nationwide clearance, it just means in your area it isn't on clearance. All those items are on clearance in every state (outside of Hawaii and Alaska).

Checked two stores near me; both were almost entirely cleared out of anything on clearance. The only things left were the PBJ and the sundae pints.

At least I got a Crunch bar and a Butterfinger for the FF7 promo.

Checked two stores near me; both were almost entirely cleared out of anything on clearance. The only things left were the PBJ and the sundae pints.

At least I got a Crunch bar and a Butterfinger for the FF7 promo.

I'm interested in the DLC for FF7 though I don't eat candy. Is there any other way to get it besides buying butterfinger, submitting a receipt? If that's the case the only way for me to 'play the game' is to buy it, keep it sealed, then return it. I don't advocate any type of return fraud, yet limiting DLC from a game to candy bars is just silly.

I'm interested in the DLC for FF7 though I don't eat candy. Is there any other way to get it besides buying butterfinger, submitting a receipt? If that's the case the only way for me to 'play the game' is to buy it, keep it sealed, then return it. I don't advocate any type of return fraud, yet limiting DLC from a game to candy bars is just silly.
at least you can eat the candy bar and it provides some value, what am I supposed to do with these amiibos that unlock hard modes?

No luck on the $25 AC2100 at three stores. Rarely does a clearance item that shows stock through BS actually appear in store.
The walmart app also showed it was in stock and I needed to check the store for pricing. Did you actually talk to anyone working to get them to check the back or just check shelves and give up?

The walmart app also showed it was in stock and I needed to check the store for pricing. Did you actually talk to anyone working to get them to check the back or just check shelves and give up?
The Walmart app says no stock at the stores I checked. Only BS said there should be stock. Asked for assistance at two of the three stores checked. One clerk said they hadn't seen that router in ages, while the other didn't seem interested in helping anyone.

The Walmart app says no stock at the stores I checked. Only BS said there should be stock. Asked for assistance at two of the three stores checked. One clerk said they hadn't seen that router in ages, while the other didn't seem interested in helping anyone.
My store said there was never a place to put these on the shelf in their plans so they never got put out and they were always in the back. If they didn't lookup the number with you then you didn't really get help. You can click the view barcode on the brickseek website on your phone and the employee can scan it. (I often zoom in a little to make it bigger.)

I know this is about walmart, but we've been talking about networking stuff. Home Depot has the gen 1 Google wifi clearanced for $75. I picked one up today. Brickseek doesn't show price, but it shows availability. I saw this on slickdeals. Some are still seeing $150 in store, but lots are finding them for $75. Gen 2 is faster, but I've found these fine unless you have really fast fiber.

https://brickseek.com/home-depot-inventory-checker/?sku=302581039

Walmart is selling Destiny 2 for ps4 for 2 bucks right now (ymmv). I know it's a free game, but it comes with a 30 day ps plus code in it that doesn't expire until December 2022. I picked up a few copies today just for that.

Walmart is selling Destiny 2 for ps4 for 2 bucks right now (ymmv). I know it's a free game, but it comes with a 30 day ps plus code in it that doesn't expire until December 2022. I picked up a few copies today just for that.
I did not know about the free trial. Are you able to stack the 30-day trials? I just need two months of PS Plus. Have you tried putting in all the codes at once? Will it be something like you put in the 30-day code and then when it's about to expire you put in another code? Also, is this for new members who have never had PS plus before? I have had it in the past and I know there are certain trials that are only good if you have never had it before.

I did not know about the free trial. Are you able to stack the 30-day trials? I just need two months of PS Plus. Have you tried putting in all the codes at once? Will it be something like you put in the 30-day code and then when it's about to expire you put in another code? Also, is this for new members who have never had PS plus before? I have had it in the past and I know there are certain trials that are only good if you have never had it before.
Any free trials I've seen for psn is for new accounts only. Also credit card needed

If the codes can be used more than once per account, that's really the best PS Plus value. Edit: nevermind; just once per account.

It would be nice if Destiny 2 didn't have absolute garbage trade value at Gamestop and Best Buy. You'd have better luck finding change in the parking lot..

bread's done
Back