Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
You CAN use multiple you just have to wait for it to expire before you can use another one. Still have about 11 months of those 30day trials from Destiny 2

With a year of ps plus being $33.00 right now on CD keys. D2 free trials doesn't seem worth the headache of going to Walmart wasting time and gas

I have to go there today anyway so that's not a problem. But I'd like to get confirmation on whether I can use more than one since there are conflicting answers.

You CAN use multiple you just have to wait for it to expire before you can use another one. Still have about 11 months of those 30day trials from Destiny 2
Did you ever have PS Plus in the past on the account you are using for the 30 day trial?

BTW people, Destiny 2 is also $1.97 at Gamestop. I'm sure you can get Target to price match too if those stores are closer than Walmart. There is a GameStop 5 minutes away from me and I'm about to just go buy it there and try for myself since no one seems to have a definitive answer.

thanks for whoever posted the ice cream, found the 50cent ice cream sandwiches, ironic because that was basically the only aisle that wasnt decimated by mass hysteria induced grocery shopping.

I have to go there today anyway so that's not a problem. But I'd like to get confirmation on whether I can use more than one since there are conflicting answers.
Check the PSN thread. I bought a copy at GameStop for $2.15 after tax and the code works perfectly no problem. I'll go buy another Destiny 2 on Tuesday and I'll see if it lets me put in the code or if I'll have to wait for the current sub to expire first.

Check the PSN thread. I bought a copy at GameStop for $2.15 after tax and the code works perfectly no problem. I'll go buy another Destiny 2 on Tuesday and I'll see if it lets me put in the code or if I'll have to wait for the current sub to expire first.
I have had PSN in the past

Can you download the PS Plus games with a trial? Haven't had a whole lot of time to play vidya games lately, so I didn't want to use my year sub right now.

Two years ago Best Buy was just giving out free copies of Destiny 2 with a purchase of any game. I still have it and it's just gathering dust.

Two years ago Best Buy was just giving out free copies of Destiny 2 with a purchase of any game. I still have it and it's just gathering dust.
this is funny because there were a few larger releases at that time and I ended up with three copies... I was like WTF am I going to do with these so I was like here here here to friends lol

If anybody likes Silk Soy Milk, the half gallon carton prices went down to $2.58 across the board at all stores including Neighborhood Markets. They went out of stock in my whole county during the weekend but now they're back in stock so if anybody wants to take advantage of the lower prices now would be the time. Coupons.com is also offering a 65 cent coupon for silk soy milk half gallon cartons, 1 coupon per purchase/2 per computer. If you use Ibotta, they offered me a 20 cent any item offer so maybe check that out for two extra dimes back.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=10295042

Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches are showing up as low as 50 cents each. https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=16785063

Nestle Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches are ringing up as low as 10 cents each. https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=42340209

I checked three stores and couldn't find any of the above ice cream sandwiches. They're usually stocked at the registers inside an ice cream chest with glass sliding doors, but no dice. It's all been replaced with Blue Bunny.

The Great Value Vanilla and Chocolate sandwiches ARE in stock in the ice cream aisle and because it's still winter nobody wants to buy them so I've ended up stocking up on those. They're as low as 50 cents a box (12ct). They're child size though so if you can I'd just grab a bunch of boxes. https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=15603558

Be sure to let us know if you can use another trial on your account after your current one expires. My walmart has tons of copies left. Hopefully, they will still be there next month.

I wouldn't think the ice cream would still be in stock at all. With everyone raiding the stores, people would have stumbled on the clearances.
My guess is people are wary to buy ice cream in case the power goes out on top of the whole ice cream licking thing and also wanting to stock up on things you regularly eat when you have kids that are going to be home for the rest of the month or longer.

My guess is people are wary to buy ice cream in case the power goes out on top of the whole ice cream licking thing and also wanting to stock up on things you regularly eat when you have kids that are going to be home for the rest of the month or longer.
Ice cream licking is no longer a thing. Also, there is usually a seal between the ice cream and the lid. Hope this helps.

glad to see I come here looking for game deals and find the same panic driving thinking I see everywhere else.
why would you come to the walmart clearance thread to find game deals? its all so ymmv and mostly underwhelming even if you do find it. this is the place for ice cream deals.

The past few days my Walmart was mostly normal, except for the toilet paper and sanitizer/cleaner. Today there were next to no groceries left at all. I specifically noted that the bread shelves were still full, and today totally empty.

NOT A DEAL, skip if not interested in what's happening in my neck of the woods (North East Alabama)

I bought groceries last week after itemizing what food we had and planned 3 weeks worth of meals.  So I'm set.  But no doubt I'll be looking to replenish my supplies by the end of next week so I know if I need to start rationing the food.  I have a family of 5 and my youngest is 15.  When I was there last Saturday it was slim pickings on a lot of items.  Pastas, rice, canned meats, a lot of canned vegetables, soups, it was pretty "end of days" feeling.  I took a few pics just for the memories.  Since I had planned meals and wasn't just buying random items, it made things easier.  I only had to substitute a few brands and give up finding a few items.

Yesterday I bought a Switch Lite and a case for it (not on sale) at walmart because my kids are stuck at home and they all seem to want to play Animal Crossing.  So, they get to use my regular switch (for multiplayer) and I now have the portable for around the house and work.  Walmart moved all the systems into the cages and put signs up in the normal cases where they systems are.  Supplies weren't sold out but I think I got the last gray switch lite.  Also managed to find two packs of disposable gloves which I'll use when I change my cars oil if I don't use them up during this event.  Right now I mainly just wash my hands often.  I meant to go see what the grocery side looked like but needed to get back to work.

For anyone hunting gloves, this isn't a deal, but I noticed people overlooked the paint section (where the rollers are) as well as automotives (where the fuel treatments tend to be).  The bigger pack (gray/black) from Automotives was around $2.50 and the smaller pack (orange) ones in the paint section that said they help keep your hands dry were $3.

Lol, I had a weird image in my mind when I read this. What cages are you talking about? Like the ones Sam's club has near customer service?
All the remodeled stores I have been in have an island type area in electronics with metal cages / lock boxes behind the cash registers. Those cages have the laptops, phones, and other expensive electronics locked up. Usually the game consoles are on the same isle as the games for each system behind glass doors. This isn't the case right now in my local store. I haven't checked other stores.

All the remodeled stores I have been in have an island type area in electronics with metal cages / lock boxes behind the cash registers. Those cages have the laptops, phones, and other expensive electronics locked up. Usually the game consoles are on the same isle as the games for each system behind glass doors. This isn't the case right now in my local store. I haven't checked other stores.
Does your phone autocorrect aisle to isle? That amused me

Well seeing as I need more supplies I stopped at a Walmart and they were starting to clearance a bunch of titles for all systems. I picked up Binding of Isaac on Switch, it said $20 but it rung up at $9.88.

I checked and Cave Story (Switch) was $10, Monster Hunter Stories (3DS) was $10, Kirby Planet Robobot was $23 (I see this one being rare and expensive down the line). It looked like a lot of of games were on clearance.

Nice prices, but honestly I'm going into financial lockdown mode. My job could be on the chopping block at any time (or I could be out of work by getting sick), so I'm not buying anything unnecessary. I'm sure most of us have backlogs to last for several years so I'm not in need of anything new.

Nice prices, but honestly I'm going into financial lockdown mode. My job could be on the chopping block at any time (or I could be out of work by getting sick), so I'm not buying anything unnecessary. I'm sure most of us have backlogs to last for several years so I'm not in need of anything new.
neon.gif

Any of us who aren't millionaires could post this. And probably should post this.

I got laid off in 2008 and couldn't find a full time job for 9 months. Once the real estate market took a hit, so did everything else. So I don't envy the people who work in the industries that have been the most affected by all of this (retailers, restaurant workers, etc). But no one should assume that they're immune to the virus or to the possibility that their workplace might close either permanently or temporarily.

On a related note, I just got a 2 TB external hard drive to download all of the large games that I either didn't have the space to play before all this happened or before my ISP removed the data caps. That was a better use of discretionary funds than buying a bunch of new games.

Any of us who aren't millionaires could post this. And probably should post this.

I got laid off in 2008 and couldn't find a full time job for 9 months. Once the real estate market took a hit, so did everything else. So I don't envy the people who work in the industries that have been the most affected by all of this (retailers, restaurant workers, etc). But no one should assume that they're immune to the virus or to the possibility that their workplace might close either permanently or temporarily.

On a related note, I just got a 2 TB external hard drive to download all of the large games that I either didn't have the space to play before all this happened or before my ISP removed the data caps. That was a better use of discretionary funds than buying a bunch of new games.
I put a bunch of stuff on eBay to help my income but I don't think anyone will be buying at the moment. Time to tighten the belt

I put a bunch of stuff on eBay to help my income but I don't think anyone will be buying at the moment.
If it's gaming related, try selling locally. I've sold around 3k this last week. In my area demand is crazy high and things like nsw consoles are sold out everywhere.

So you are the type selling consoles way over face value?
Scalping toilet paper, masks, and other stuff too, most likely. Most of those people don't have a line to cross on what they'll buy stores out of to screw over other consumers.

Scalping toilet paper, masks, and other stuff too, most likely. Most of those people don't have a line to cross on what they'll buy stores out of to screw over other consumers.
good news is during a state of emergency, this is illegal, so if you see it report it.

I explicitly said I sold gaming related hardware locally.  I've completely unloaded everything current gen (excluding my million ps4 pro).

If I list my 2 year old 1st gen switch console locally at 350, and within hours have 15 people emailing me to pick it up, there's not a shred of dishonesty or shame in that.  

Regardless, so much for trying to drop a helpful suggestion in a thread I don't normally visit.  You wonderful people have fun.

I wouldn't bother with these but I'm sharing them here anyway. I went to two walmarts and both of them don't have these even though brickseek says they have plenty on stock. I don't understand why the stores remove personal care products from the shelves once they get to a clearance price.

Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner Gift Set for $1 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=497629581

Softsoap Exfoliating Body Wash Coconut Butter Scrub 15 Ounce 75 cents - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=12444327

In one of the Walmarts I went to it said they had 4-5 in stock. Go to the body wash aisle and find them but see they were replaced with the 20 oz bottles. All of them were replaced with 20 oz bottles. 20 oz bottles are full price.

Crest Gum Detoxify .85 oz toothpaste 10 cents - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=896308348

I wouldn't bother looking for these either. They see to have been removed a well.

bread's done
Back