Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the SNES 3DS XL at launch as the SNES is one of my favorite systems. I was going through the crowded chaos in my closet the other day and found a Nintendo NES 3DS XL I had still sealed in the box. I forgot I had that one. Good little set to have together new in box.

The Super Nintendo one is the one I play on.  But I really wanted one of the Super Famicom ones.  I had each of the Pikachu models at one point but sold both of them. 

I bought a galaxy 3DS XL two years ago and haven't touched it since. Bought all the cables, memory chips, a case and a bunch of games for it too. I hope there's no risk of the battery going to shit from not using it. That'd suck.

These are the ones I have left of my 3DS and 2DS systems, all brand new. I sold all the rest. I play on a regular blue one. DSC00855.JPG
I'm sure your an inbox collector but if you ever wanna display them rose-colored gaming display stands would look amazing plus all lined up on a shelf.... Perfecto

Be careful with those cheap 2DS / 3DS listings on BS. 2DS / 3DS consoles clearanced out over a year ago. If a store is showing stock now, it likely is inaccurate inventory count. Good luck if you can find them though.

Out of stock but one Walmart last price showing was 1.50. Holy shit man lol
That seems like it could be one of those phantom prices to me. Like it was sold out long ago yet it continued to be repriced in the system for whatever reason.

Ooh, I've got a store close that shows limited at $25. Now that I'm in a better area I might venture out some on my way home from work.
One store near me actually still shows the same but I had looked all over for it before and couldn't find it anywhere, so YMMV. The one I did manage to find was at another location and it was stashed in one of those locked cages behind the counter in electronics.

I love how you can find ancient games at walmart on clearance for like $5 lol

I've noticed some Nintendo Selects 3DS games are $13 at a bunch of walmarts

Picked up fire emblem echoes for $15 and animal crossing happy home designer for $3

Got a nice clearance sealed 3ds collection going on

Today I found Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter Generations, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Metroid: Samus Returns all for $15 each.  Also Smash Wii U for $15.  A lot of 3DS stuff is being clearanced again, check out your local walmarts on brickseek for anything they have left in stock.  Trust brickseek's prices, but not their inventory.  It's completely wrong.  Visit the stores then check the prices there.

Supposedly that VISITORS code now gives you 20 dollars off a purchase of 50 or more at grocery.walmart.com (just have to add a food item). Not sure how accurate it is for most people or if it's kind of taking advantage of a deal meant for groceries, but I'm leaving it here anyways:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitchDeals/comments/gekh8x/animal_crossing_new_horizon_walmart_for_33_with/

Haven't tried it yet. Should work with PS4/XBox/etc. games, not just Switch.
It actually works on purchases of $30 or more. I used it to buy some Lego sets totalling just over $30. Didn't even have to add a food item.

EDIT: I'm also reading in some places that it's dead now.

Yeah tried ordering ACNH from that link and getting an error code at checkout. Of course I wouldn't see this today!

Grabbed a few copies of dragon quest 7 for $15 other than that I think I cleared out my store of the best games.

Wish I could get a copy of dragon quest 8 tho

Grabbed a few copies of dragon quest 7 for $15 other than that I think I cleared out my store of the best games.

Wish I could get a copy of dragon quest 8 tho
Opposite here oddly lol. I'm happy to have found a single copy of DQ8 for 23 yesterday, but unfortunately can't find 7 anywhere.

i cant find dq8 for nothing id even pay for it but online everyone wants $50+ its def gonna be an expensive game later

i cant find dq8 for nothing id even pay for it but online everyone wants $50+ its def gonna be an expensive game later
I really enjoyed my play through of DQviii. Not quite ready for another long rpg yet but when I do go back to that well, should I go for dqvii on 3ds or dqxi on switch?

I really enjoyed my play through of DQviii. Not quite ready for another long rpg yet but when I do go back to that well, should I go for dqvii on 3ds or dqxi on switch?
id go with dq11 on switch...im about to get back into my play through tonight its really good but ill play like 10-20 hours n put it down to not get overwhelmed

i havent played dq7 yet, i actually dont own a 3ds yet but ive been buying these sealed clearance games to start my collection going, so far i think i got some great games for cheap.

Ended up stopping by a Walmart near my old job on a whim and found :Switch: Bloodstained for $19 and :Switch: Octopath Traveler for $29. Both were stickered incorrectly (Bloodstained was labeled at $29.83 and Octopath wasn’t even labeled), but both rang up the correct price per BrickSeek. Quantities were also way off, as well: OT was “limited stock” and Bloodstained was “1-2 copies,” but there were at least three copies of each game behind the glass in the Switch section.

Got lucky and found a copy of Miitopia for $4 yesterday.  It sounds like the cart is loose inside the case, but still, hard to complain for 90% off.  

This is probably old news, but not to me! Wal-Mart sells first party Nintendo Switch games for $49.99. They seem to be $59.99 everywhere else. I grabbed Super Mario Odyssey and Smash Ultimate, and could have gotten Super Mario Maker for that price if I wanted. Don't think I wasn't tempted!

This is probably old news
lol. Yeah this has been going on for over a year now. It's also every new release with the exception of Sony first party and games that launch at lower prices already. I've been buying almost all my new games at walmart the past year as I never had GCU and the $10 off preorders on Amazon seem much rarer these days compared to a few years ago.

This is probably old news, but not to me! Wal-Mart sells first party Nintendo Switch games for $49.99. They seem to be $59.99 everywhere else. I grabbed Super Mario Odyssey and Smash Ultimate, and could have gotten Super Mario Maker for that price if I wanted. Don't think I wasn't tempted!
Does anyone know why not all walmart a do this?

Does anyone know why not all walmart a do this?
I was told it was up to the store manager. I've found that Wallys in nicer areas usually price stuff closer to MSRP vs the website which has the normal discount. (happened to me trying to buy an emergency ipod touch a few years ago.. $250 instore vs 199 on the site)

More recently, it seems like going thru grocery.walmart has yielded lower prices.

Picked up runbow Wii U sealed for $3

Store put more games on clearance see some Wii games and a copy of vita lumines that’s I’ve seen at the store for about 2 years but they all $19

Picked up runbow Wii U sealed for $3

Store put more games on clearance see some Wii games and a copy of vita lumines that’s I’ve seen at the store for about 2 years but they all $19
Locally, I've seen little deviants and dungeon hunter alliance for $30. Shockingly, nobody bought them.

I went to Walmart this morning.  It was the first time that I'd set foot in the store in two months.  Most of the last-gen games had been removed from the shelves.  They had also removed all of the self-serve price scanners which made it difficult to get price checks.  

I was lucky enough to find a copy of the We Sing game for PS4 with the two mics in the box clearanced for $5.  The box was heavily damaged and taped up, but everything else was intact.

bread's done
Back