Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaand screwed by Brickseek again. Not a single Destiny 2 in my store.
Better than one of my local walmarts... have stacks of all the games from BF (with the dots on them) stuck in a cabinet that they "lost the key" for... so eventually i'll try and get 20 copies of Destiny 2 for 60 cents!

Just an FYI for the people picking up that Monster Hunter game, in a weird twist of Nintendo magic. If you have the original version of the game on 3DS, your saved game data will work (somehow) on the Switch version. So you don't have to start over from scratch.

Picked up the following last night!
Is it wrong I am mostly jealous about that Ninja Blade? lol. Actually been thinking about buying a copy recently and that is cheaper than you can get it used in most places. I'd say I'm shocked a walmart randomly had a 10 year old game barely anyone bought, but I've seen weirder.

Prices for the games with the sticker not facing?
$5
Starfox 64 3D
Loading Human

$9
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

$9.88
Dead Or Alive 6

$11
A Way Out
Mario Sports Superstars
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
Monster Hunter Stories
Dirt 4
Mutant Football League

$15
L.A. Noire
DQ VII
Rocket League Ultimate

$19
Attack On Titan 2

Nice catch on Ori and the Blind Forest though I don't think any stores around here have it anymore from what I've seen recently. Typically goes for $5 during digital sales.

What's Dead Decay? I think you mean State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition (YOSE)?? A steal at $3 if you ask me though Steam and the Humble Store had it for the same price not too long ago so I picked it up then. Was a new historical low, though I believe it's only been at $3 once so far. Haven't played it yet so I can't offer a personal perspective.

Saw Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch) for $15 at one store but yeah $19 seems to be more common. Didn't pick it up, just not my thing.
Yeah i mean State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition. New to pc since finding these pc games.

Picked up the following last night!😃 20200616_174932.jpg 20200616_174443.jpg
Wow. Not pickup. My area in the DMV is popular and people buy stuff before it hits everyone else post low prices.

I grab fire emblem warriors and pc games because i rarely ever find any good walmart deals. The only thing found was a odd forza horizon 4 steelbook.

Anyone think its odd that BS says qty 6 + , but the store cannot find it? I even had the department manager check for hdmi cables, but none found.

Picked up Ultra Street Fighter II The Final Challengers on Switch for $15 tonight. Seems like a decent price considering its selling on eBay for like 40.
I flipped the one I found, for $44.75 on ebay. It was $25 here and I still made a $9 profit. Wish I could find more but I've been to 7 walmarts and only found the one copy.

Picked up the following last night!
attachicon.gif
20200616_174932.jpg
attachicon.gif
20200616_174443.jpg
lucky on 15 for no kuni 2 cuz i preordered that when announced

Can’t imagine being so judgmental that I would forgot that some people have social anxiety, or don’t have the time to go shopping every week.
LMAO at "can't go grocery shopping because of social anxiety."

Yet scoping out deals on Walmart in store thread.

"Oh shit, video games are on sale? You didn't mention that. Need anything while I'm out?"

Tonight's pickups!
Killer Instinct $9
DOA 6 $9.88
Yakuza Kiwami $11 (Surprised to find this since it's been out so long)
Super Bomberman $7
[attachment=34188:20200617_205501.jpg]

I finally found a copy of DOA6 for PS4 plus a few new things yesterday:

$7 Switch - Super Bomberman R

$19 PS4 - Ark Explorer's Edition

The Ark: Explorer's Edition includes the Season Pass (which is apparently $45 on PSN?!) and the same store had the standard edition for ~$40 so it seemed like a great deal.

Also, it's not game-related but I was also excited to find a WM-exclusive Jurassic World action figure set I've been wanting for just $5!
$5 Jurassic World Battle Damage Ultimate Baryonyx Breakout

I seem to have stumbled through a time warp yesterday evening because I discovered a WM with new Wii, DS, PS3, PS2, and PSP games:

SzSLeOU.jpg

TlS8Q9W.jpg

Unfortunately my phone was dying by the time I got to this store so I wasn't able to check too many prices but the handful of games I did look up on Brickseek were showing up at full price.

The Ark: Explorer's Edition includes the Season Pass (which is apparently $45 on PSN?!) and the same store had the standard edition for ~$40 so it seemed like a great deal.

Also, it's not game-related but I was also excited to find a WM-exclusive Jurassic World action figure set I've been wanting for just $5!

I seem to have stumbled through a time warp yesterday evening because I discovered a WM with new Wii, DS, PS3, PS2, and PSP games:

SzSLeOU.jpg

TlS8Q9W.jpg

Unfortunately my phone was dying by the time I got to this store so I wasn't able to check too many prices but the handful of games I did look up on Brickseek were showing up at full price.
wow your store has everything so neat...my walmarts look like a tornado hit them

wow your store has everything so neat...my walmarts look like a tornado hit them
Neat? They have PS2, DS, and 360 games they finally decided to throw onto an endcap after fifteen years of sitting in heaps.

This is the personification of "Walmart doesn't give a fuck ".

Neat? They have PS2, DS, and 360 games they finally decided to throw onto an endcap after fifteen years of sitting in heaps.

This is the personification of "Walmart doesn't give a fuck".
but after they took them out of the heap looks like they nicely placed them in a endcap

SzSLeOU.jpg

TlS8Q9W.jpg

Holy Hot Tub Time Machine! That's just ridiculous with all those old games.

edit: aside from all those Playstation 2 titles I've spotted Everquest for crying out loud lmao

Same here most of the time lol

This is the personification of "Walmart doesn't give a fuck ".
I imagine they meant neat as in organized and not neat as in "that's cool". But yeah, it's crazy that all that stuff was probably rotting in the back somewhere for years.

Found some older stuff tonight! Plus a $15 Fortnite Deep Freeze for PS4.
$9 DBZ
$1 Mario Tennis
$9 SF vs Tekken
$19 Forza 7 Ultimate
$15 Mario Kart 8
$11 Metroid Samus
$11 Mario Star Rush
$11 Kirby Battle Royale
$11 Warioware Gold
$19 FE Warriors
$19 Xenoblade Torna
[attachment=34190:20200618_203224.jpg][attachment=34191:20200618_203443.jpg][attachment=34192:20200618_203657.jpg]

I don't understand why they don't just donate those PS2 games to the local goodwill or to a chlldren's hospital for good PR. Like what are the chances someone will waltz in one day looking for a 20 year old PS2 era NCAA game?

I don't understand why they don't just donate those PS2 games to the local goodwill or to a chlldren's hospital for good PR. Like what are the chances someone will waltz in one day looking for a 20 year old PS2 era NCAA game?
I'm actually glad Walmart doesn't do that like Target does. Every good markdown at Target to liquidate games at the closest store end up immediately getting pulled and donated. Sounds good till you go to goodwill and they are back to MSRP or somewhere close to that. This really burned me during the Vita days. Target cleaned out and Goodwill flush with games but they are priced more than buying new from Amazon.

Qty 2-3 on brickseek = nowhere to be found on floor and only maybe if you get lucky and find a helpful associate that looks in the back..right?

Kind of want Bayonetta 2 for $29 that shows qty 2-3 at my closest store...

Went to a Walmart a bit out where I normally go and I've never seen a Walmart so crowded since before quarantine. The Switch section was completely raided and the game case was empty because one of the doors was left open.

I'm actually glad Walmart doesn't do that like Target does. Every good markdown at Target to liquidate games at the closest store end up immediately getting pulled and donated. Sounds good till you go to goodwill and they are back to MSRP or somewhere close to that. This really burned me during the Vita days. Target cleaned out and Goodwill flush with games but they are priced more than buying new from Amazon.
That sucks but I've never seen stuff back up to MSRP (or more than Amazon in general) at Goodwill. Close to Amazon maybe and definitely not as cheap as I'd want...but not shockingly expensive either.

That sucks but I've never seen stuff back up to MSRP (or more than Amazon in general) at Goodwill. Close to Amazon maybe and definitely not as cheap as I'd want...but not shockingly expensive either.
Goodwill sells on ebay. Doesn't surprise me that some stores are near retail price on the games donated.

And Amazon. They have like 127 accounts on Amazon, sometimes competing amongst themselves (just like Half Price Books).
Goodwill is like that because they are sort of like a franchise in that every region is it's own independent company. For instance all the stores in SW Florida are one company, licensed under the Goodwill umbrella. All the stores in Central Florida are a separate company. They sell on ebay and they also sell on shopgoodwill, but its up to each company. Most of the stores now, anything that looks remotely valuable, including games, goes for online sale. Newer game systems that hold personal information are all supposed to go to be reformatted and sold online. Now that shopgoodwill has been up and running for a few years the stores are getting better at knowing what will bring in money on there and what should stay in the store, although it still comes down to the individual person in each store who is sending the stuff off. If they are an idiot, careless, off that day, they like you, or whatever, good stuff will slip through. :)

I've got a few new titles/prices to report.

$19

:ps4: NBA 2K20 Legend Edition

:switch: Go Vacation

$5

:ps4: Apex Legends Lifeline Edition

:ps4: We Happy Few

$7

:ps4: Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4

:switch: Steamworld Dig 2

$12

:ps4: Bloodstained Ritual Of The Night

$10

:ps4: Concrete Genie

:ps4: Trover Saves The Universe

$1

:xb1: Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY  :shock:  :hot:

Geez, Shenmue got reduced pretty quickly. I'm still okay with paying $35 at launch for it though. Would have been better to wait and buy it for $15 and then buy the DLC but whatever.

I got Yakuza Kiwami 2 for PS4 the other day  for 7 dollar.  They had 9 dollars on it, but it rang up at 7.  

I picked up a few for xb1 earlier in the week: Bulletstorm $7, Ori&tbf $7, wasteland 2 $5 and 3 copies of Destiny 2 $.03

There were like 3x as many copies of D2 for PS4 but I don't have one so left them for someone else.

Picked up a couple PC games showing $.3; Reload and Shadowrun Chronicles.

I realized after checkout one of the D2 copies and both PC games didn't scan? It beeped and all but I didn't notice till after I left since they were pennies and there was a pile of games that the lady was removing from the security holders.

Came across TMNT Manhattan for $11 on xb1 but didn't bite since there were a ton of them and I will hold out for a price drop. Farming Sim 17 for PC was marked $.03 and I found a couple more PC games too but even at $.03 I was not interested.

Picked up a kids itech Smartwatch for my daughter $7, there was a pretty big section at one store but nothing at several others.

bread's done
Back