Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a couple PC games showing $.3; Reload and Shadowrun Chronicles.
FWIW, Shadowrun Chronicles: Boston Lockdown is a paperweight -- the game requires an always-online connection to its servers, which went offline in 2018.

If it is as nearby has you say, I think you answered your own question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea, it's less than an hour roundtrip. I heard the Walmart TVs are basically all out. The stock numbers are always off, etc.

But I could use a nice drive.

brickseek says my local store has 6 of the tvs in stock. they cant be THAT off can they? should be at least one when I roll up.

Looks like BS shows 6+ of that Hisense TV at my local store AND the website actually lists in stock...dare I venture out and check? There's no way to order it via the site, of course, so it's YMMV I suppose?

EDIT: Struck out. I think the last one sold out right under my nose, but oh well.

Its ok, but nothing will ever beat the Target deal where it was $5 as all Nintendo Selects games were during the $15 off all 3DS games.
llol yeah and they obviously didn't intend to sell them either and pulled all the $20 games to the back, good times making the employees fish them out from the back

llol yeah and they obviously didn't intend to sell them either and pulled all the $20 games to the back, good times making the employees fish them out from the back
Yeah, mine were just sitting on the shelf and the cashier just rang them up like normal. I guess that was before Target caught on to it.

I wouldn’t bother, I went on a wild goose chase for those a and all I got was sass from an associate. Seems like all the TVs around here have been wiped out since the stimulus checks came out.
Yea they ended up being out of them. I wanted to get out of the house, so worth a drive.

Grabbed Shadow of the Colossus remake on PS4 for $10 a few days ago.  Must've been a new addition as it wasn't with the clearance rack before.  I've been waiting on Wolfenstein 2 to drop below $15 for a few weeks now.

Found some good deals recently at the Walmart:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - $29.99 - was especially excited about this since its apparently out of print
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS - $11
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS - $5
Mario & Luigi BIS - $19.82

Hopefully I’ll find a cheap Metroid Samus Returns today.

Found some good deals recently at the Walmart:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - $29.99 - was especially excited about this since its apparently out of print
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS - $11
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS - $5
Mario & Luigi BIS - $19.82

Hopefully I’ll find a cheap Metroid Samus Returns today.
Is Mario and Luigi BIS worth it? I feel like $19 is still a bit much, but there is only one left at my WM so I am on the fence.

I agree, Mario & Luigi BIS may have been too much since it’s $30 regular price, but it reviews well so I went for it.
Hoping for a big 3DS game sale sometime soon, like that $15 off sale a while back.

I agree, Mario & Luigi BIS may have been too much since it’s $30 regular price, but it reviews well so I went for it.
Hoping for a big 3DS game sale sometime soon, like that $15 off sale a while back.
MSRP on Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story is actually $40. As far as 3DS games go not many places seems to have much games anymore and any remaining stock is gradually drying up so personally I wouldn't expect anything beyond random clearance deals from here on out.

Ni No Kuni On switch was $10 when I was picking up a few more copies of Destiny 2 :)

Checked brickseek, seems a bit too uncommon... hiding for being too ymmv

Got:

Fallout:NV Ultimate Edition (XB1/360) - $12
Pikmin! (3DS) - $11
Battlechasers (Switch) - $7
Star Fox Zero Guard Bundle (WiiU) - $15
Chaotic Shadow Warriors (Wii) - $9

Overpaid for Star Fox and Shadow Warriors but the first is my first WiiU game and the other is my only sealed Wii game, so I figured why not since I was there. Not sure if the box that both star foxes come in is supposed to be factory sealed or not but this one wasn't and looked like it had been open before, but both games were inside and sealed.

Thanks for the list of drops. Unfortunately, 95% of them are not dropped in my area and the 5% that are are OOS. The one I went to though had TONS of stuff listed as OOS on BS. My store had a few fantasy life's that I wouldve loved to have grabbed but they showed as full price on BS :/.

I've also never seen a clearance sticker on anything video game related ever at walmart. Manually entering in each game at BS when I'm there takes way too long lol.

Found Dragon Quest VII (3DS) for $15, woot.
Also went on a hunt for Metroid: Samus Returns. According to brickseek there were 2-3 copies for $11 each, but they were not there, despite digging through everything. I think they had them hidden somewhere lol

Found Dragon Quest VII (3DS) for $15, woot.
Also went on a hunt for Metroid: Samus Returns. According to brickseek there were 2-3 copies for $11 each, but they were not there, despite digging through everything. I think they had them hidden somewhere lol
When this happens you pull up the barcode on brickseek and have an associate scan it and ask them if they might have it in back. I've gotten many games this way when I haven't found them out on the salesfloor.

When this happens you pull up the barcode on brickseek and have an associate scan it and ask them if they might have it in back. I've gotten many games this way when I haven't found them out on the salesfloor.
Consider yourself lucky then because my experiences with the associates at the stores in my area have generally been that they are either dismissive, too lazy to bother, or both.

Ask for a manager then
I just did this last night. This guy in electronics refused to sell me more than 1 copy of any game. So I purchased 1 of each game I wanted then I went to customer service and asked for a manager. Explained I wanted to purchase more games but the guy said I couldn't. Manager went back to games with me and let me get what I wanted. Sometimes you have to be persistent to get what you want. Not in a dick way either, always be nice until it's time to not be nice! (quote from Roadhouse, I couldn't resist) lol

I enjoy this thread, Rarely post because I can find anything. But that changed today.i was going to buy these anyway but when the lady scanned them they rang at $3 a piece!
[attachment=34272:20200703_145715.jpg]

Ask for a manager then
I could, though for how often I'd have to do it it would be a significant hassle. And I suspect chances are they wouldn't be able to find the items anyway with how messy they seem to be with inventory management and they are probably misplaced and rotting in some obscure spot where one day years from now they will be 'discovered'. Plus don't have any faith that seeking out a manager every time this happened would actually effect any change in the end. For me at least it's night and day between Walmart and Target for example asking to check for (and realistically find) something in the back.

I could, though for how often I'd have to do it it would be a significant hassle. And I suspect chances are they wouldn't be able to find the items anyway with how messy they seem to be with inventory management and they are probably misplaced and rotting in some obscure spot where one day years from now they will be 'discovered'. Plus don't have any faith that seeking out a manager every time this happened would actually effect any change in the end. For me at least it's night and day between Walmart and Target for example asking to check for (and realistically find) something in the back.
Yea that's not very good advice. Managers are usually more incompetent than the normal associates. The one time I had asked for a manager during the start of the new 2ds xl craze when stores were showing 3+ in stock I waited 10 minutes for one to finally come just to be told "we don't have any". I asked to for him to check in the back, he pulled his mask down, and said "if they aren't on the floor we don't have any".

So that was a waste of time.

I just did this last night. This guy in electronics refused to sell me more than 1 copy of any game. So I purchased 1 of each game I wanted then I went to customer service and asked for a manager. Explained I wanted to purchase more games but the guy said I couldn't. Manager went back to games with me and let me get what I wanted. Sometimes you have to be persistent to get what you want. Not in a dick way either, always be nice until it's time to not be nice! (quote from Roadhouse, I couldn't resist) lol
In this case, I dont blame him. Why do you need two copies of the same game?

In this case, I dont blame him. Why do you need two copies of the same game?
I'll often buy multiple copies on good deals for myself and friends, they'll do the same. Of perhaps he collects and wants to play the game too without opening?

There are non nefarious reasons..

I enjoy this thread, Rarely post because I can find anything. But that changed today.i was going to buy these anyway but when the lady scanned them they rang at $3 a piece!
attachicon.gif
20200703_145715.jpg
if nothing else radiant historia is a steal at that price. Congrats.

bread's done
Back