Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
This Walmart summer clearance is insanity. I seriously need to stop. I will never play any of these games!
Most of my haul was $5 each. TMNT mutants in Manhattan and Genesis classics were $7 each. Fifa 18 was 1 fn dollar!!
Most of these were behind the locked glass with incorrect price labels.
0F5D70DE-F80D-4D2D-9AE2-EAEC63B4CADD.jpeg
Great haul!!
I've been obsessively traveling to further away WMs. The deals are insane! Helps that I found an original Fortnite 3 weeks back.

As a side note, TMNT is delisted digitally, so even if you never play it, it's a good investment as is.

This Walmart summer clearance is insanity. I seriously need to stop. I will never play any of these games!
Most of my haul was $5 each. TMNT mutants in Manhattan and Genesis classics were $7 each. Fifa 18 was 1 fn dollar!!
attachicon.gif
Please play one of those preys. You owe it to yourself.

Update Walmart is going in on prices. of my trip 2 were a bust but my haul is..
Fire emblem warrior's $11
Pixark $5
Contra rouge corps $11? Something cheap
Sine Mora ex $11
Dishonored 2 $6
Monster Hunter generations I think $9 or $11 can't remember
5 call of duty infinite warfares $3
2x bully $5
A few more switch games and PS4/Xbox games. I completely missed out on the 3ds games. I seen the stickers and price were crazy. I wish I could find hey pikmin

Bully was fun on the 360. grand theft auto lite kiddie version basically.  Minus the making out with dudes part anyway. I quite enjoyed exploring the city and such.

Bully was fun on the 360. grand theft auto lite kiddie version basically. Minus the making out with dudes part anyway. I quite enjoyed exploring the city and such.
I love that jack scarcer his name was, was convinced illy was going to be a dark columbine simulator and when it actually came out it was super lighthearted and fun lol

That good? I played it on PC oh about 30 years ago. I remember good things back then though I know this is a completely different game.
I really enjoyed it on console. It's like if Dead Space sacrificed a good bit of the scares to expand the versatility of play and world-building (instead of increasing a few vital characteristics via in-game "currency", you have access to several dozen different skills, powers, buffs that you buy permanently, all of which alter the way you fight and solve puzzles) and intermixed with Bioshock a bit.

The backstory is there and very complex and interesting, but you need to intentionally seek it out as its hidden around the complex in creative ways. If you don't care about it, you can just avoid it and follow the main storyline.

It also has its foot in the metroid-vania door a good bit. Lots of back-tracking, doing sections in whichever order you want (or skipping them), and all that.

It suffers from a distinct paucity of enemy types and weapon (the tactile kind only) variety like many of the traditional survivor horror games.

It also has an excellent DLC that's completely different than the maingame, but very fun, addictive, and involved.

If one goes in expecting the sequel to the old Prey, they might hate this game on principle, but as an entirely new entity, its pretty great in my opinion.

Had a good day at 2 new WMs:
RDR2 Special Editions are still out there, X1, $15.
Wii: SMG2 Selects $3.
PS4: Yakuza Kuwami 2 (steelbook), $1
$1-5 is that magical sweet spot ($1-3 is the nectar).

Both RDR2SE/YK2 were behind the counter, in drawers.
Gotta ask the associates (nicely with varying degrees of brown nosing) if any other games are around. A "no" doesn't mean there aren't any others.

The ones with the best finds are either the stores with a crapton of clearance or those stores that aren't on top of it. Sometimes both!
#HappyHunting!

Had a store with unmarked games in the case, check brickseek and it says they're out of stock.  I'm interested but the last price shown for DMC5 was $30.  Not sure if it's accurate, but if they don't have it showing in stock at the store how can I get them to reset the count without having to run down an associate and brainwashing them into doing their job?  Would like the price to fall further if possible.  Could not find someone while on my lunch break today.

Had a store with unmarked games in the case, check brickseek and it says they're out of stock. I'm interested but the last price shown for DMC5 was $30. Not sure if it's accurate, but if they don't have it showing in stock at the store how can I get them to reset the count without having to run down an associate and brainwashing them into doing their job? Would like the price to fall further if possible. Could not find someone while on my lunch break today.
I see that all the time at my store, where it says out of stock on brickseek but they actually have a stray copy or two on a random shelf/bottom of a case. In my experience with those the price on brickseek has always been accurate and those games will still continue to fall in price over time and brickseek will properly update. Most recently when I was keeping an eye on Dragon Quest Heroes 2 brickseek said my store was out of stock for months but I knew they had 2 copies sitting at the bottom of a case. When it dropped to $9 recently brickseek still said out of stock but the price updated.

I see that all the time at my store, where it says out of stock on brickseek but they actually have a stray copy or two on a random shelf/bottom of a case. In my experience with those the price on brickseek has always been accurate and those games will still continue to fall in price over time and brickseek will properly update. Most recently when I was keeping an eye on Dragon Quest Heroes 2 brickseek said my store was out of stock for months but I knew they had 2 copies sitting at the bottom of a case. When it dropped to $9 recently brickseek still said out of stock but the price updated.
Thanks! Now I'll just keep an eye on them.

They had about a dozen of some Xbox game for $1, I don't have an Xbox or I would have gotten them for cases. Surprised they were still there.

Limited stock for Kiwami 2 near me. Anybody wanna bet it's not there?
Here's a fun one...

Call a local store looking for Prey PS4. Shows limited stock on brickseek. I ask the rep in electronics to check, a young spunky guy. He comes back a few minutes later and says sorry, no dice. I head to the store later in the day, the two copies were right on the shelf in plain view.

Here's a fun one...

Call a local store looking for Prey PS4. Shows limited stock on brickseek. I ask the rep in electronics to check, a young spunky guy. He comes back a few minutes later and says sorry, no dice. I head to the store later in the day, the two copies were right on the shelf in plain view.
He's got spunk. I hate spunk.

attachicon.gif
I have Prey 2017 & Dishonored 2 on the PC - trust me, you'll want to play these.

I played Wolf II: TNC on PC via Xbox for PC Game Pass - and you'll want to play that one too.

All of those games are awesome, that I just commented on and bolded.

Okay,  I think  I "found" something, Everything PS4 & XBox1 preowned is $3. I also got FIFa 18 for the switch $3

I really enjoyed it on console. It's like if Dead Space sacrificed a good bit of the scares to expand the versatility of play and world-building (instead of increasing a few vital characteristics via in-game "currency", you have access to several dozen different skills, powers, buffs that you buy permanently, all of which alter the way you fight and solve puzzles) and intermixed with Bioshock a bit.

The backstory is there and very complex and interesting, but you need to intentionally seek it out as its hidden around the complex in creative ways. If you don't care about it, you can just avoid it and follow the main storyline.

It also has its foot in the metroid-vania door a good bit. Lots of back-tracking, doing sections in whichever order you want (or skipping them), and all that.

It suffers from a distinct paucity of enemy types and weapon (the tactile kind only) variety like many of the traditional survivor horror games.

It also has an excellent DLC that's completely different than the maingame, but very fun, addictive, and involved.

If one goes in expecting the sequel to the old Prey, they might hate this game on principle, but as an entirely new entity, its pretty great in my opinion.
Prey is great ... got into it pretty heavily for a few weeks. Didn’t end up finishing it, but I’ll go back eventually. It’s one of the few games that scared the hell out of me with one ... unique ... enemy that’s massive and unexpected the first time you encounter it. Great game that was severely underrated when it first came out.

Prey is great ... got into it pretty heavily for a few weeks. Didn’t end up finishing it, but I’ll go back eventually. It’s one of the few games that scared the hell out of me with one ... unique ... enemy that’s massive and unexpected the first time you encounter it. Great game that was severely underrated when it first came out.
Haha. That enemy can be a real... nightmare. If/when you get back into, try out the Mooncrash DLC if you like roguey games. I usually don't but really liked this one.

Recent finds:

:ps4:
Persona 5 (original release) $9
Wolfenstein: The New Order/The Old Blood $9
UFC 2 $9
Shadow Tactics $7
XCOM 2 Collection $5

:xb1:
The Witcher III (complete edition) $11
Ghostbusters (2016) $11
State of Decay 2 $9
Bioshock: The Collection $9
Killer Instinct $9
Sniper Elite 4 $9
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD $9
Prey $5
Destiny: The Collection $5
Life Is Strange $5
We Happy Few $5
Conan Exiles $5
Metal Gear Survive $5
Rime $1
Agents Of Mayhem $1

:ps3:
XCOM: Enemy Unknown $2.50

:pc:
Fable III $1
The Secret World $1
Legendary $1

Picked up a $15 Wii U Paper Mario. $11 Xbone Fallout 4 GotY, and $9.88 Forza Horizon 3. Wonder if it will be delisted next month like has been rumored.

Prey was $5 at the local store, and they had 4. I bought a copy for myself and one for my nephew.

They have two full rows of Xbox One games in the bottom of the cabinet, out of sight. I think I’m gonna ask to dig around in there the next time I’m out there.

I think I’ve hit every Walmart near me now, plus more not near me lol. Found these:

Yakuza 6 Essence of Art - $7
Hey Pikmin - $5
Everybody’s Golf - $7

The two PS4 games I got through the GS 50% off sale, but I’m just gonna return those since these are new and complete :)

Found Disney Magical World 2 for 3DS for $15. Also found DQVIII for 3DS not on clearance but for full price. I regret not buying the CIB copies I saw at GameStop during the sales last year And now I’m paying for it. Better than paying $70-$80 online.

[PS4]

Prey - $5

Dishonored 2 - $5

Elder Scrolls Online - $7

Fallout 4 GOTY - $9

Shadow of the Colossus - $9

The Last Guardian - $9

Horizon Zero Dawn GOTY - $9

Detroit: Become Human - $15

[3DS]

Fossil Fighters Frontier - $9

Anybody else worried that Game of the Year editions are pretty much dead? I got Dishonored 2 and Prey for $5 each but it feels like a hollow victory since they both have DLC. I'm pretty sure they're going to pump out optimized "Complete Editions" with all DLC included for next gen. I know Control is already getting that and you have to pay full price even if you already own the current gen version. It's really going to tickle my OCD but what can you do  :whistle2:&

[PS4]
Prey - $5
Dishonored 2 - $5
Elder Scrolls Online - $7
Fallout 4 GOTY - $9
Shadow of the Colossus - $9
The Last Guardian - $9
Horizon Zero Dawn GOTY - $9
Detroit: Become Human - $15

[3DS]
Fossil Fighters Frontier - $9

Anybody else worried that Game of the Year editions are pretty much dead? I got Dishonored 2 and Prey for $5 each but it feels like a hollow victory since they both have DLC. I'm pretty sure they're going to pump out optimized "Complete Editions" with all DLC included for next gen. I know Control is already getting that and you have to pay full price even if you already own the current gen version. It's really going to tickle my OCD but what can you do :whistle2:&
I don’t know about Prey but Dishonored 2’s dlc is in game stuff and Death of the Outsider is standalone so there really is no point for a game of the year edition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, All,

I appreciate all the contributions.  Hopefully, this is worthy enough to add.  One of the local Wal-Marts around me had My Friend Pedro for the Switch for $11.  My apologies if this has already been posted by someone else.  Thanks again, and take care, people.

[attachment=34476:my_friend_pedro.jpg]

Drove 300 miles to get the following

all PS4

Yakuza 6 Essense of Art Edition  - $1

Nascar Heat 4 -$5

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare - $3

Metal Gear Solid V - The Definitive Edition - $5

bread's done
Back