Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I was on vacation as well while looking for games and gas is cheap out here in Texas. (1.61 / gal) This Walmart was in Cedar Park and brickseek said there was a limited supply of Yakuza but I got 2 of them.

theres a ton of infinite warfare too and fifa18(didnt get)

If the PS4 version comes with a month of PlayStation Plus, it's definitely worth it.
Don't think it does.

But anyway, I bought Anthem for $5 when gamestop had it as a deal of the day and tbh I feel like I got $5 of enjoyment out of it. The combat is actually pretty fun once you find the javelin to fit your play style, it's just every other part of the game is terrible. I just started skipping the cutscenes and mashing through all the dialogue and my enjoyment of the game went up immensely. It's worth $1 I'd say.

Picked up 2 copies of Code Name STEAM for 3DS @ $1 each. There were more and I have seen them a many locations for a while now @ $5. Looks like a shooter with multiplayer so I figure worse case the oem replacement cases are good for the $1. Best case, it's fun?

Checked my own list of games and Code Vein (both consoles) is $10 near me as well, went and grabbed a copy. Control (PS4) also dropped to $10 here. We Happy Few is also $5 or $7 on both consoles.

The one deal you've all been waiting for:
Anthem: PS4 & X1 $1.

Bum rush them Wally Worlds!!
I wasn't planning to buy the normal edition of Anthem until it dropped to $0.03-ish heh, but if anyone is interested the "Legion of Dawn" edition is also marked down to a $1. Neither comes with a month of PS Plus, so not an insta-buy. Old guy expected me to buy them all since he remembered me from the Destiny 2 bulk purchase, but I only bought 1 this time. Happy Hunting!

Side story: The nearest walmart to me is what I like to call an "upscale" Walmart, since unlike most walmarts.... is super clean, organized, and typically higher priced than more ghetto wallies. (Milk & Eggs are like $3) Anyways, these guys keep their games section organized, alphabetical, and still have years old strategy guides in the corner. The old guy that runs the electronics lets me buy more than 2 copies of these clearance items since he don't give a f. :shame: Looks like PS4 Pros, Switches + Lites, Ring Fits are all back in stock as well.

Went on a run to try to grab a Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order Deluxe :ps4: for $15 but came up empty handed.  It's the only store in my area that has it for that price but the clerk didn't have access to a scanner to check stock in the back.  

In the meantime, picked up the following:

:ps4: Code Vein $10

:ps4: Monkey King: Hero is Back $5

Also saw:

:ps4: Bee Simulator $11

:ps4: Apex Legends: Lifeline $5

:ps4: Journey to the Savage Planet $10

:ps4: Medievil $10

:ps4: Darksiders Genesis $10

Went on a run to try to grab a Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order Deluxe :ps4: for $15 but came up empty handed. It's the only store in my area that has it for that price but the clerk didn't have access to a scanner to check stock in the back.

In the meantime, picked up the following:

:ps4: Code Vein $10

:ps4: Monkey King: Hero is Back $5

Also saw:

:ps4: Bee Simulator $11

:ps4: Apex Legends: Lifeline $5

:ps4: Journey to the Savage Planet $10

:ps4: Medievil $10

:ps4: Darksiders Genesis $10
Went yesterday and saw some older games dropped and newer games added. Apex Legends was $7 and Medievil was $20 for me. Some other stuff was in the $20-$25 range like Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry 5 and Doom Slayers Collection but think I might be able to hold off for a deeper discount. Also Destiny 2 Definitive Edition was $1 but I have no use for it as a single-player that sucks at shooters, even at $1.

Was at the Walmart in West Hills, Los Angeles yesterday. Got two copies of Anthem for $1 each (the last two they had), and the last copy of Shenmue 3 for $9. Other deals included Concrete Genie and Monkey King: Hero is Back for $9, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for $3, Dishonored 2 for $5, and a couple other things I'm forgetting.

Don't bother going to the Walmart in Panorama City. Not much notable there, and if there ever was, it's been picked clean, it seems.

Got

Control PS4 - $10

Resident Evil Origins Collection Switch - $10

Saw but didnt get

Rage 2 PS4 - $10

The Inpatient PS4 - $5

NHL 19 PS4 -   $9

NBA2K18 Legend edition Xbox One - $7

Wolfenstein II PS4 - $9

I got Titanfall 2 and Yokai Watch for $5 each.
And, picked up two copies of Code Name STEAM for $1 each, because eh.

Scored Control and DMC5 for $10 each (both Xbox) and Anthem for $1 (Xbox). Store had most of the other PS4/Xbox games mentioned, but I didn't check all prices. None of the games I did check had correct clearance sticker prices, and brickseek was not accurate on stock quantities.

For any interested Milwaukee area CAG friends, it was the wm on Greenfield Ave in New Berlin.

Another round of cuts has come to my area Wal-Marts, some deals are better than others.

Picked up the following because quantities were low and these were not going to last another round of cuts:

PS4

Metro Exodus $13.00

Street Fighter V: Champion Edition $13.00

Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection $13.00

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown $13.00

At another Wal-Mart also found and picked up for PS4: 

PS4

The Crew 2 $11.00

Doom Slayers Collection $10.00

Anthem $1.00

Destiny 2 Forsaken Legendary Collection $1.00

Saw at Wal-Mart but did not pick-up:

Switch

Disney Classic Games: Aladdin & Lion King $25.00

Trine Ultimate Collection $15.00

Trials Rising $9.00

Race With Ryan $21.00

The Lego Movie $19.00

Xbox One 

Dishonored 2 $5.00

Race With Ryan $21.00

Rainbow Six Siege $21.00

Disney Classic Games: Aladdin & Lion King $13.00

Crackdown 3 $5.00

Rage 2 $11.00

Middle Earth Shadow of War $5.00

Shinobi Strike $5.00

Prey $5.00

Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens $5.00

Wolfenstein Youngblood Deluxe Edition $21.00

Metro Exodus $13.00 

Ghost Recon Breakpoint $21.00

Narcos Rise of the Cartels $21.00

Agents of Mayhem $5.00

The Surge 2 $15.00

Monster Hunter World $5.00

Rocket Arena $5.00

Bleeding Edge $21.00

Just Cause 4 Day One Edition $15.00 

For Honor Marching Fire Edition $5.00

Call of Duty Black Ops $5.00

Fifa 19 $7.00

Anthem $1.00

PS4

Ghost Recon Breakpoint $21.00

Just Cause 4 Day One Edition $13.00

Narcos Rise of the Cartels $21.00

Civilization VI $21.00

The Elder Scrolls Online Elsweyr $35.00

Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville $21.00 ($14.99 on Walmart.com)

Monster Energy Supercross 2 $13.00

Rocket Arena: Mythic Edition $5.00

W2K19 $5.00

Dreams $13.00

Man of Medan $5.00

Gigantosaurus The Game $13.00

Dishonored 2 $5.00

American Ninja Warrior Challenge $21.00

Zombieland Double Tap Roadtrip $21.00

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege $21.00 

Race With Ryan $21.00

Devil May Cry 4 $13.00

Rage 2 $10.00

Darksiders Genesis $5.00

Extinction $5.00

For Honor Marching Fire Edition $5.00

Original Yokai Watch or the second game? Second game is on clearance around here but not for that price. One version is $11 and the other is $15.
The first game. The only other 3DS titles the store had were the two latest Pokémon entries, and that’s it.

Saw some new titles tonight...

PS4

$21
Death Stranding
The Outer Worlds
Plants Vs Zombies Battle For Neighborville
Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts
Just Dance 2020

$13
Borderlands 3

$10
NHL 20
Medievil

Switch

$21
Street Outlaws The List

$19
Dragonball FighterZ

Scored Control and DMC5 for $10 each (both Xbox) and Anthem for $1 (Xbox). Store had most of the other PS4/Xbox games mentioned, but I didn't check all prices. None of the games I did check had correct clearance sticker prices, and brickseek was not accurate on stock quantities.

For any interested Milwaukee area CAG friends, it was the wm on Greenfield Ave in New Berlin.
Your infringing on my Turf.. I grabbed Control and Darksiders Genesis for PS4 $10 each

Monday from there

I used to be in Niagara Falls but that was years ago. I'm in PA now but travel all over the NE for work so I'm sure I invade some of you guys local stores. For example I'm checking out Walmarts in Maryland for the next couple of weeks. Last week I was in upstate NY!

I used to be in Niagara Falls but that was years ago. I'm in PA now but travel all over the NE for work so I'm sure I invade some of you guys local stores. For example I'm checking out Walmarts in Maryland for the next couple of weeks. Last week I was in upstate NY!
Are you back to normal work and traveling even with covid nowadays?

Hit a couple stores tonight.

PS4

Mutant Football League $11

Darksiders Genesis $10

Onrush $7

Conan $5

Override Mech City Brawl $5

Anthem $1

Tags hadn't been updated for a few drops.  Guy in electronics was talking about how he liked some of the games, was surprised by the prices.  Hope he grabs some good stuff before it's gone.

I'm more of a "we're all in this together" type of guy.
Good for you for having that mentality. Just watch out for any fat neckbeards sweatily staking out the clearance sections next time you're in a Walmart in Buffalo.

There's someone who drives 5 hours north from upstate NY to my area just to clean out Walmarts. I was annoyed when I first found out about it from an employee, but then I realized that the loser travels such a distance just to prey on clearance and hope to turn a profit off whatever they find. Makes me more appreciative that I make an honest living helping people than being a useless leech, especially now when we could potentially spread COVID around.

not just any new consoles

half the ps5s wont play discs, and the xbox series s is up in the air, plus they love game pass.

im sure walmart smells the murder of physical games

Good for you for having that mentality. Just watch out for any fat neckbeards sweatily staking out the clearance sections next time you're in a Walmart in Buffalo.

There's someone who drives 5 hours north from upstate NY to my area just to clean out Walmarts. I was annoyed when I first found out about it from an employee, but then I realized that the loser travels such a distance just to prey on clearance and hope to turn a profit off whatever they find. Makes me more appreciative that I make an honest living helping people than being a useless leech, especially now when we could potentially spread COVID around.
I was checking out of Costco yesterday and there was a dude with about 15 Mandalorian Baby Yoda dolls in his cart.

41H3SCRL.jpg

A store in Colorado showed 6+ of that TV this morning, so I sent the link to a friend that lives out there,
They’re at 0 stock, no more than an hour later (and he didn’t make it over there in time).

bread's done
Back