Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up 2 copies of Code Name STEAM for 3DS @ $1 each. There were more and I have seen them a many locations for a while now @ $5. Looks like a shooter with multiplayer so I figure worse case the oem replacement cases are good for the $1. Best case, it's fun?
It's not a shooter, it's a turn-based tactical strategy game similar to XCOM.

I found one locally for 55, code doesn’t work
No surprise here. In my experience Walmart loves to reseal/repackage stuff that has either been opened/returned/damaged and which may also be incomplete or missing parts and sell it that way. Such a damn dishonest practice. I would say always carefully check anything you buy that is marked down before leaving the store, especially if it was in the clearance aisle. Of course in your case it wouldn't have mattered with a digital code that had already been redeemed.

Just picked up:

Might No. 9 for switch for $3

Lego Legend of Chima: Lavals journey DS for $3

Trine 1 - 4 for nintendo switch $10

Also saw:

S.T.E.A.M for 3DS for $5

Young Justice Legacy 3DS for $15
Did you mean Mighty No. 9 for Wii U? Because I don't think it exists for Switch.

Saw a couple new items locally that I already have.

All PS4.

Picked up:

Dreams $10

Monkey King $9

Extinction $5

Saw:

Outer Worlds $10

Onrush $5

Ghost Recon Breakpoint $15 (soooo many copies)

HP Pavilion 1TB HDD Tower $299 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=740206661

Just a heads up that some of the items shared previously by inverted_fray might have been clearanced further since the original post. Just found the above computer locally for $139 (got lucky with the local store showing ‘limited stock’). It was off the sales floor, so guessing it likely flew under people’s radars. Obviously not top of the line, but certainly a good value for what it is, and an especially welcome replacement for the all purpose computer we’ve had since 2008 (goodbye, Windows Vista).

Thanks, inverted_fray, along with everyone else who shares these good deals!

Found a lot of clearance on an end cap but picked up only a few.

3DS

Super Mario Maker $9

Xbox One

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare $3

Switch

Fifa 18 $1

Cave Story + $5

I seen TMNT Turtles in Manhattan for $7 for xbox one (delisted on digital store fronts), it was tempting to get since my copy came from redbox originally without the case but passed. 

The Sandisk usb 2.0 32 gb flash drives that were in bins also were $3 (normally $4.88), not much of a deal but something to watch if your stores still have a bunch.

Thanks for the heads up on clearance CAG.

3DS
Super Mario Maker $9

Xbox One
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare $3

Switch
Fifa 18 $1
Cave Story + $5

I seen TMNT Turtles in Manhattan for $7 for xbox one (delisted on digital store fronts), it was tempting to get since my copy came from redbox originally without the case but passed.

The Sandisk usb 2.0 flash drives that were in bins also were $3 (normally $4.88), not much of a deal but something to watch if your stores still have a bunch.

Thanks for the heads up on clearance CAG.
What size were the flash drives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sandisk usb 2.0 32 gb flash drives that were in bins also were $3 (normally $4.88), not much of a deal but something to watch if your stores still have a bunch.
The flash drives are leftovers from the back to school stuff. And since they are USB 2.0, they work well as a cheap external storage option for adding additional games to the PlayStation Classic. I grabbed three of those myself the other day.

How where you able to get them to sell you the display, let alone have someone help you?
Like everyone who goes to a Walmart looking for a ‘limited stock’ item, I walked in fully expecting to be blanked. However, the person who helped me was super friendly. When she pulled the box from the back, I was shocked. Sure enough, it still had the manufacturer’s tape unblemished on both sides, so it was too good to pass up, especially with my current issues/old computer. I have to assume that with the way Walmarts have reconfigured their electronics sections, it just ended up in the back where nobody saw or knew about it.

So I guess you could say that I really found two unicorns—the item itself, along with a friendly/helpful associate. Maybe I should get a lottery ticket too for a hat trick.

I had a helpful customer service manager help find an 'instock' item of the pepsi mini fridge or the mountain dew mini fridge,  he checked his stock scanner and there was nothing to be found so he thinks it got sold out as it was on clearance and their inventories dont update.

Well I just cleared another Walmart that had the PNY 480GB SSD and brickseek updated. Seems anybody can use a mini fridge.

Also got the last Shemnue at $9 and Walking Dead definitive edition PS4 for $15

This was also useful

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=715323220

and saw a lot of insect killing items

Saw many of those SanDisk 32GB Cruzer Snap USB 2.0 Flash Drive keys, there are 3 colors at $3.00 each

Stopped in several walmarts over three states this weekend during a road trip. The clearance games are drying up for me, not seeing anything new or price drops. Anyone else seeing this?

Anyone got advise for "limited stock" items? 

ex. making a 1hr drive to Walmart, to see if I can buy some limited stock items that have shown as limited stock for weeks if not months now. I have it planned in a way to hit up 3 different ones in a circle loop around my house, so at the end of the day evn the 2hr round trip drive won't be so bad v/s driving from point A to point B and then back.. 

However would like to maximize this trip and hopefully make a score, so would appreciate any advise or tips on how to best approach this.

Also anyone pick up the HP 590-p0033w Desktops on clearance for $125? How worth it are they, one of the Walmarts in this trip has like 5 of them... I'm trying to talk myself into one of them but they just don't seem worth it. 

appreciate any and all input and advice here. 

Sean P

ex. making a 1hr drive to Walmart, to see if I can buy some limited stock items that have shown as limited stock for weeks if not months now. I have it planned in a way to hit up 3 different ones in a circle loop around my house, so at the end of the day evn the 2hr round trip drive won't be so bad v/s driving from point A to point B and then back..

However would like to maximize this trip and hopefully make a score, so would appreciate any advise or tips on how to best approach this.

Also anyone pick up the HP 590-p0033w Desktops on clearance for $125? How worth it are they, one of the Walmarts in this trip has like 5 of them... I'm trying to talk myself into one of them but they just don't seem worth it.

Sean P
Don't bother.

Don't bother.
Mugen spoke the truth, wasted 3hrs today and not a chance in h311 they even had em it seems... tried the old, "another store said you had them in the back technique" and both employee's from each store told me, " THEY SHOULD HAVE CALLED US" with one saying, "now you making me go to the back and check"

*sigh*, oh well I gave it a shot right?

Also anyone pick up the HP 590-p0033w Desktops on clearance for $125? How worth it are they, one of the Walmarts in this trip has like 5 of them... I'm trying to talk myself into one of them but they just don't seem worth it.

Sean P
Unless you've already gone to those stores before and have a feel for them and their inventory I wouldn't risk wasting gas and time. But then again we've had users on here that have been successful in scoring deals at far off places and even myself as well.

I've gotten lucky on one of those before. The limited stock item was a display model dslr camera. Since that store kept their cameras under locked glass, the camera was mint with 0 shutter count. Got a great price on it (was able to sell my older model on eBay and still pocket some money).

Usually though, "limited stock" means go f* yourself. If it's a local WM you were going to visit anyway, then no harm stopping by that area in the store and taking a look; otherwise, don't drive out of your way for it.

Nice list!

I'm trying to hold out on upgrading my 1080p set until I can get a solid 55" QLED for like $300-350. I don't really need to upgrade until I buy next-gen console in a year or so.

Nice list!

I'm trying to hold out on upgrading my 1080p set until I can get a solid 55" QLED for like $300-350. I don't really need to upgrade until I buy next-gen console in a year or so.
what models are you eyeing up? Def not Sony right?

Also what would you say is the best TV on that list of clearance and why?

what models are you eyeing up? Def not Sony right?

Also what would you say is the best TV on that list of clearance and why?
I'm looking at the TCL 6 Series, Hisense H8G, and maybe a Samsung if the price was right.

Honestly, most of those TVs are equal besides the size. I'd lean towards the TCL if I were gonna pick one of that list.

So I guess you could say that I really found two unicorns—the item itself, along with a friendly/helpful associate. Maybe I should get a lottery ticket too for a hat trick.
You definitely did.

It's just not worth it to me anymore to want to fight the employees who get mad about why I'm giving them a sku number and why they feel i'm bothering them to scan the barcode.

It's very annoying trying to get any help from an employee. Like, I get that they don't get paid enough to care about this stuff, but at least do your job properly and help out a customer when they ask for it.

Definitely worth it if you have a use for it, imo. Nice enough PC for just a bit over $100. Unfortunately there aren't any near me.
I will have to try and hit the store near me tomorrow as I'm trying to find a new PC for my parents. Something like that (with a video card and memory upgrade) should cover it.

It's very annoying trying to get any help from an employee. Like, I get that they don't get paid enough to care about this stuff, but at least do your job properly and help out a customer when they ask for it.
Times have changed. A lot of people stopped caring about doing a good job if they think the job is beneath them. On the other hand, watching customers trampling over each other on Black Friday to buy a crappy TV for $120 that's $140 regular price might do that to you at Walmart.

Sean P
Like others have said, the real issue with ‘limited stock’ items (especially low stock items with a super low clearance price) is finding an associate who is helpful/honest and willing to look for it. Generally, I’ve found once they look the item up and see that it’s been clearanced and low stock, they tend to disinvest from the search because the item usually doesn’t have a set stock location, and it could be like finding a needle in a haystack. That said, unless the deal is too good to pass up, or unless your immediate need is too great to ignore, I probably wouldn’t go too far out of my way when Brickseek shows ‘limited stock.’ With items like that, you’re probably not going to want to call ahead to confirm the item’s in stock (so as to avoid alerting associates about the deal, or worse, getting an associate who puts you on hold for like five minutes and doesn’t look for the item at all, then tells you they don’t have it), and realistically, you’re probably gonna strike out more often than not (which will be frustrating from the loss of gas/time).

Of course, the other issue/suspicion in these situations is that for items locked away or in the back, you never know if the associate is necessarily telling the truth when they come back saying they didn’t find the item. For instance, a few years back my local Walmart was showing clearance stock of older generation iPads for $50-60. My parents were in the market for a new tablet at the time, so I figured I would check. Arrived in person, spoke with an assistant manager who looked up the SKU and confirmed the price for the supposed quantity (store device showed 3 in stock). Ten minutes later, she came back saying that they didn’t have them. After picking up other things and getting home, I again decided to look up the stock count on Brickseek and found that in the time since my visit, it had shifted to ‘out of stock.’ Now, I suppose it’s entirely possible that the manager could have updated the stock number on her end following the unsuccessful search, but given that the iPads are under lock and key and/or in the back, it seems like a stretch that the store would have been off count by 3 for any length of time. I mean, these aren’t candy bars we’re talking about.

Longer story short, no truer words are spoken on these possible ‘limited stock’ deals than YMMV, and expect failure more often than not. To that end, unless you can justify your mileage and time spent doing other things you were planning (or could plan) to do anyway, I probably wouldn’t venture very far for these types of deals (based on my past experiences).

If you do decide to make a trip though, my advice would be to first take a screen cap of the Brickseek listing for the item in question, and then more narrowly crop the pic so that it includes name and picture of the item, along with the SKU and UPC identifier, but removes any indicator that it came from Brickseek. If you do that, the pic will also include the MSRP price too, as opposed to the clearance price, which should at least get you over the first hurdle of an associate who immediately doesn’t want to help you with a clearance item. Never mention at the outset that the item is clearanced and/or heavily discounted. From consulting Brickseek, you’ll know in advance whether the store is supposed to have stock or not, but you’ll want to avoid letting the associate know that you know the store should have stock (or even mentioning Brickseek at all). Be as friendly and patient as you can, and hope you get an associate who responds similarly. Most importantly, walk in expecting to fail. It may seem like a cynical way to approach it, but it’s a realistic way to manage your expectations, and if you do find success, it will make the find that much sweeter. Lather/Rinse/Repeat with any future searches.

Good luck to you and anyone else hunting these ‘limited stock’ deals in the future!

I’m amazed anymore if I can get help at Walmart. Went to my local store 8:30 one morning for Mario 3D All Stars and wasted 30 minutes trying to pin a employee with keys for the case. The wife and I usually do one monthly trip to Walmart for the random stuff that’s cheap enough there as to be worth the hassle....and that’s been stretched in the past few years. My local store has resigned itself to funneling all customers through ONE small bank of self checkouts for the majority of a day. It’s looks like Black Friday lines until you show at the perfect time. We’ve actually started stopping by the stores in nearby small towns when concluding day trips/weekend activities with the kids as it’s literally the only time we see actual checkers and can zip through a line.

I will have to try and hit the store near me tomorrow as I'm trying to find a new PC for my parents. Something like that (with a video card and memory upgrade) should cover it.
The problem i'm finding in the quick research I did on this is that it has a pretty weak PROPRIETARY psu, 150w IIRC... and you can't replace psu w/o quite a bit of work...

Right now I have a $5 rummage throwawy HP EliteDesk 800 g1 SFF as my media pc. It has an i5-4590 cpu, and i threw in 16gb of ddr3 ram, along with a 256gb ssd runnining win10, and a 2tb hdd for movies and music. The thing is a BEAST and to make it even better I installed a low profile hd6570 so I can even do some lite pc gaming, think Celeste, Talos Principle, Gone Home, ect, ect.

Spec wise, it seems my 5+ year old HP desktop blows away this clearance HP, specially with its 4gb sdram, but this 16gb Intel Optane memory has me curious...

Decisions, decisions...

Like others have said, the real issue with ‘limited stock’ items (especially low stock items with a super low clearance price) is finding an associate who is helpful/honest and willing to look for it. Generally, I’ve found once they look the item up and see that it’s been clearanced and low stock, they tend to disinvest from the search because the item usually doesn’t have a set stock location, and it could be like finding a needle in a haystack. That said, unless the deal is too good to pass up, or unless your immediate need is too great to ignore, I probably wouldn’t go too far out of my way when Brickseek shows ‘limited stock.’ With items like that, you’re probably not going to want to call ahead to confirm the item’s in stock (so as to avoid alerting associates about the deal, or worse, getting an associate who puts you on hold for like five minutes and doesn’t look for the item at all, then tells you they don’t have it), and realistically, you’re probably gonna strike out more often than not (which will be frustrating from the loss of gas/time).

Of course, the other issue/suspicion in these situations is that for items locked away or in the back, you never know if the associate is necessarily telling the truth when they come back saying they didn’t find the item. For instance, a few years back my local Walmart was showing clearance stock of older generation iPads for $50-60. My parents were in the market for a new tablet at the time, so I figured I would check. Arrived in person, spoke with an assistant manager who looked up the SKU and confirmed the price for the supposed quantity (store device showed 3 in stock). Ten minutes later, she came back saying that they didn’t have them. After picking up other things and getting home, I again decided to look up the stock count on Brickseek and found that in the time since my visit, it had shifted to ‘out of stock.’ Now, I suppose it’s entirely possible that the manager could have updated the stock number on her end following the unsuccessful search, but given that the iPads are under lock and key and/or in the back, it seems like a stretch that the store would have been off count by 3 for any length of time. I mean, these aren’t candy bars we’re talking about.

Longer story short, no truer words are spoken on these possible ‘limited stock’ deals than YMMV, and expect failure more often than not. To that end, unless you can justify your mileage and time spent doing other things you were planning (or could plan) to do anyway, I probably wouldn’t venture very far for these types of deals (based on my past experiences).

If you do decide to make a trip though, my advice would be to first take a screen cap of the Brickseek listing for the item in question, and then more narrowly crop the pic so that it includes name and picture of the item, along with the SKU and UPC identifier, but removes any indicator that it came from Brickseek. If you do that, the pic will also include the MSRP price too, as opposed to the clearance price, which should at least get you over the first hurdle of an associate who immediately doesn’t want to help you with a clearance item. Never mention at the outset that the item is clearanced and/or heavily discounted. From consulting Brickseek, you’ll know in advance whether the store is supposed to have stock or not, but you’ll want to avoid letting the associate know that you know the store should have stock (or even mentioning Brickseek at all). Be as friendly and patient as you can, and hope you get an associate who responds similarly. Most importantly, walk in expecting to fail. It may seem like a cynical way to approach it, but it’s a realistic way to manage your expectations, and if you do find success, it will make the find that much sweeter. Lather/Rinse/Repeat with any future searches.

Good luck to you and anyone else hunting these ‘limited stock’ deals in the future!
thank you for this well written out take on the "limited stock" and I'll be honest with you, had I seen this before I wasted my day, I would NOT have gone. HOwever it was over 12hours and no one had responded so I said F, you only live once, but as suspected, not a chance in heck the stores had those machines..

I chanced it cuz one of the Wal-Marts was in the h00d and I mean h00d, hood, so I thought if there was a chance it MIGHT BE at this one. Foolish me tho, if anything there was probably less of a chance at that one than anywhere else...

All good tho, I think I needed that slap in the face to bring me back to reality, plus I was able to stop and get some bomb bbq "soul food" out of it.

Sean P

I’m amazed anymore if I can get help at Walmart. Went to my local store 8:30 one morning for Mario 3D All Stars and wasted 30 minutes trying to pin a employee with keys for the case. The wife and I usually do one monthly trip to Walmart for the random stuff that’s cheap enough there as to be worth the hassle....and that’s been stretched in the past few years. My local store has resigned itself to funneling all customers through ONE small bank of self checkouts for the majority of a day. It’s looks like Black Friday lines until you show at the perfect time. We’ve actually started stopping by the stores in nearby small towns when concluding day trips/weekend activities with the kids as it’s literally the only time we see actual checkers and can zip through a line.
wow, thats horrendous, but question for ya, WHY do you think those people put up with that man?

To me, and this is me thinking out loud here, from someone who used to work at Wally world far back in the day, when it was a different company and they actually cared about their workers and customers..

Well I feel like Wal-Mart is like, "man these people don't care, and will still shop here no matter what we do or don't do, so why bother paying people top $$$ to keep our stores clean and organized, we'll pay min wage or so now our stores and customer service are crap since our employee's don't care but the people shop here the same, so yeah, no biggie"

^^ again, thats jus my personal take on it...

I think getting help from employees of walmart is completely YMMV.  I've never had the issues most people have had.  But then I'm not usually looking for items not on the shelf.  I'd rather just look at what is out if I see something I see it if not.. I don't.  IF a game that is supposed to be cheap is gone from all cases, I'm assuming it's sold out.   Most of my experiences are pretty positive.  Even this last game I bought there (Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition of which there are now none in my area)... the person that got the game out said I could check out there or just take it up front.  No security, nothing.  Maybe being older helps.  Maybe it's how I talk to people, I don't know.  Not long ago I was buying a PS4 game that was cheaper on walmart.com and they price matched it at the register without any fuss... even encouraged me to bring them the price if it's better online and they'd take care of it.

I'm not saying all my walmart experience have been perfect... but nothing comes to mind that was particularly bad.

My only issue these days is going in anytime other than in the early morning or Sunday morning before 11.  Usually the stores are more crowded and sadly there's no controls at all for who wears facemasks even though we are still under order to wear them.  So, to just avoid other customers, I opt to shop when the fewest people are likely to be around.   I'm going to self checkout anyway and not deal with a cashier or stand in line with other customers so I don't care like the pre-covid days how many cashiers are working.

I drove 30 mins cause a Walmart had limited stock of hyrule warriors switch for $19 (this game is selling for $80 rn) I chanced it and went and I wasted my time. I got in line to ask for help the guy was basically like if You can’t find it in the glass case then I can’t. Lol

I rather just go to a Walmart and look around now and jump on brickseek while I’m there. than to go on wild goose chases.

The brickseek website is so slow for me too

The BS website works like hot garbage for me. Doesn't seem very well organized and slow as hell. I usually just browse the in store deals and do a "quick" stock check by zip if I spot something I would go out of my way to get. Outside of that, I mostly just follow here and use my wally app to price check stuff in store, especially clearance iteams.

I've learn to just look while I'm in a store at this point. It leads to less disappointment if I don't find anything. I'll start using the app while at the store (something I never think about doing). When using Brickseek I run into a couple of problems:

1. The clearance item(s) I'm looking for are not in stock in spite of Brickseek showing said store having stock.

2. The clearance item(s) are in stock, just not at the price Brickseek is showing for them.

I have gotten in on four deals, only one of them was accurate according to Brickseek:

Sony DS4 Wireless Controller Crystal - $11 (only actual BS clearance find).

New Nintendo 2DS XL Black/Turquoise - $99 (Thanks to ThatOneGuyWho and others).

Yo Kai Watch 3DS (1st game) - $5 (just took a look while in a nearby store).

MLB The Show 18 MVP Edition -$18 (again, just took a look).

Times have changed. A lot of people stopped caring about doing a good job if they think the job is beneath them. On the other hand, watching customers trampling over each other on Black Friday to buy a crappy TV for $120 that's $140 regular price might do that to you at Walmart.
Sometimes it's not even that and just that you don't get paid enough (though that's common of most businesses) so you put in the minimal effort for the wage given. The sadder part is The bar is really set that low that by even emptying the trash and putting a bag back in let alone showing up and on time you're probably the star employee these days. Amazes me how poor work values have been instilled in the last 40 years of kids or in comparison to me at least. But Sometimes I just feel like I should have been born generations earlier than I was. Minus the racism/disabled and or gay hating stuff.

I've learn to just look while I'm in a store at this point. It leads to less disappointment if I don't find anything. I'll start using the app while at the store (something I never think about doing). When using Brickseek I run into a couple of problems:

1. The clearance item(s) I'm looking for are not in stock in spite of Brickseek showing said store having stock.
2. The clearance item(s) are in stock, just not at the price Brickseek is showing for them.

I have gotten in on four deals, only one of them was accurate according to Brickseek:

Sony DS4 Wireless Controller Crystal - $11 (only actual BS clearance find).
New Nintendo 2DS XL Black/Turquoise - $99 (Thanks to ThatOneGuyWho and others).
Yo Kai Watch 3DS (1st game) - $5 (just took a look while in a nearby store).
MLB The Show 18 MVP Edition -$18 (again, just took a look).
#2 never happens to me but #1 is not unusual. However I would point out that the data the Brickseek displays can only be as good as that which comes from Walmart's systems and they are a retailer that is generally very sloppy when it comes proper inventory management so that's why you see what you see. In my experience the results for Target, while by no means perfect, are levels of magnitude better than with Walmart.

Sometimes it's not even that and just that you don't get paid enough (though that's common of most businesses) so you put in the minimal effort for the wage given. The sadder part is The bar is really set that low that by even emptying the trash and putting a bag back in let alone showing up and on time you're probably the star employee these days. Amazes me how poor work values have been instilled in the last 40 years of kids or in comparison to me at least. But Sometimes I just feel like I should have been born generations earlier than I was. Minus the racism/disabled and or gay hating stuff.
It is indeed sad. I've worked retail jobs before & paid my dues there so I know what it's like to be in that environment pulling in a paltry wage, but at the same time I took some actual pride in my work and generally tried to be genuinely helpful and assist everyone to the best of my ability even if I wasn't earning a whole lot, and when I see the kind of stuff today that pervades Walmart I can honestly say that I feel like I would have gotten fired had I conducted myself the way that most of these people do there with just how unhelpful, dissmissive, or just flat out lazy they are. It's why as a result of my experiences I don't particularly care to shop there in general & the only real incentive is to do a little clearance shopping now & again and cut out of there as expediently as possible if I don't find anything good. For me at least I am no longer the kind of shopper there which will make the business sustainable and if you rub enough people like this the wrong way because of poor customer service & then have a lack of oversight on that then your business is going to go downhill.

I think I've said this before but I think it bears repeating. If you're going to a store you've never been to before then make sure it's in a well off neighborhood. I have a couple stores around me that are in well off neighborhoods and almost never have issues finding clearance items there and the only times I do is when I get there and someone got to the item before I did.

#2 never happens to me but #1 is not unusual. However I would point out that the data the Brickseek displays can only be as good as that which comes from Walmart's systems and they are a retailer that is generally very sloppy when it comes proper inventory management so that's why you see what you see. In my experience the results for Target, while by no means perfect, are levels of magnitude better than with Walmart.
I think #2 happens because of where I live and sometimes the prices are different on clearance items at every store. The store I got Yo Kai Watch at had it for $5. Some of the other stores nearby had it for $5 also, while others had it for $8 or $9. Target's inventory system while flawed is definitely better than Walmart.

I think I've said this before but I think it bears repeating. If you're going to a store you've never been to before then make sure it's in a well off neighborhood. I have a couple stores around me that are in well off neighborhoods and almost never have issues finding clearance items there and the only times I do is when I get there and someone got to the item before I did.
There are only two stores in well-to-do areas where I live and both only warrant a stop if I'm already in the area (by myself or with family). It would be nice to check them a bit more often though. Once I check BS to see if there's possibly certain clearance items are in stock at these stores the items are long gone. I've also noticed that even at stores in rough areas the clearance items tend to sell out quickly.

I got Rage 2 on PS4 for $5 yesterday.  Don't know if I'll play it anytime soon but figured it was worth that much.

Also my local store clearanced out a bunch of collectibles, mostly 6 inch Funko Pops, blind boxes and the big Cyberpunk Johnny Silverhand figure/statue for $25.

do you mean urban v/s rural?

If so I agree, at least for Target, there is this one that is in the boonies, compared to the inner city, and everytime I go there, its loads and loads of clearance and usually always find the real deal killer ish..

but then the tradeoff is "security" is on you like a hawk following you everywhere since a niNja tends to stand out in these more rural stores..

That and the fact that the store is like 50mins away from me.. meanwhile I have 3 Targets, and 3 Walmarts all within 15mins of the crib...

bread's done
Back