Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
MediEvil for $5 at a bunch of stores in my area. Figured it might be a Halloween PS+ title this year but nope, so grabbed a copy.

Not a real deal since it ended up being a shelf tag fuck up, but sharing for the story:

Turtle Beach Stealth 600 gen 2 $49

Stopped in at a store to grab Squadrons, and saw they had some wireless Turtle Beach headsets for $49.00 according to the shelf tag. I look at the fine print on the tag, it says Turtle Beach Stealth 600 and shows the original price to be almost $90.I don't know jack about headsets, but half off is good enough for me.  Figure fuck it and grab one of each color (black, white). Go to cash out and when the lady scanned the headsets they came up $87. I said, "ah, the shelf tag said $49.00." We walked over to where I grabbed them (and where one of each still sat) and she scanned the tag. It came up $49.00 and the items seemed to match. We go back to the registers and she price overrides. A CSM walked over and said "who needs the override?" and then asks the lady where the price came from, online? The lady said, "no, right on our shelf." CSM then walked to the shelf and walked back with a pissed look on her face. "The sticker was for the old set, but I'll honor the price." I said, "hey, if these aren't meant to be clearanced that's fine. I don't have to buy them." I didn't say it in a dick tone or anything, I was being sincere. I'll take advantage of clearance and sales all day, but I'm not the type to force businesses to lose money over honest mistakes. Well, she must have taken it as if I was being a dick and got even more mad, mumbling something under her breath, and said I could insert my card. 

So anyway, I got two headsets that apparently just came out a couple weeks ago for half price, but was made to feel like a douche when all I did was see a deal and then offered to not follow through on it. 

edit: Icing on the cake? They didn't get Squadrons in. 

In store or on the shelf? This one USUALLY has stuff on a cart or in the register area waiting to be put out, but today the lady said they didn't even get it in, just like Mario 3D All Stars a couple weeks ago.

Sometimes both.  Like it'll show up late in the day of release and then not get on the shelf till the next day or the following day.  Easiest way I've found around this is to just use the walmart app and keep checking to see when it says I can do same day site to store.

With my store 90% of the time it takes them a day or two to get new releases on the shelf.
Took all the Walmarts in my area about 2 damn weeks to finally stock Super Mario 3D All-Stars. I had showed up before at opening on launch day for nothing. Meanwhile other places like Target and Best Buy had it on day 1. Not sure why the ball got dropped hard here.

Took all the Walmarts in my area about 2 damn weeks to finally stock Super Mario 3D All-Stars. I had showed up before at opening on launch day for nothing. Meanwhile other places like Target and Best Buy had it on day 1. Not sure why the ball got dropped hard here.
Because Walmart

looks like some xbox one controllers are $30 at walmart. mine only had black but brickseek showed white and blue at that price as well.
Took me 3 Walmart’s but I finally found one that didn’t have all the controllers cleared out. Apparently I was always 5 minutes late of some guy going in and buying all of them.

Can someone post up the Brickseek links for the Xbox one controllers? I tried to find it myself but I’m getting a bunch of links for controllers that are no longer available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had some luck today at a location I had never visited before. 

Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Steelbook for XB1 - $25.00 only copy left and the cardboard slip cover is a bit rough and faded so who know where this had been sitting

Moga Power A Mobile Gaming Clip for Xbox controllers - $7

Vankyo Cinemango 100 Portable Video Projector - $64 not sure if this was a good price and don't know much about it but I had been kind of wanting one to hook up retro consoles for special occasions. The clearance tag was marked $109 so figured grab and return if I don't want. 

Picked up a Crosley turntable set for $120 too. It was only marked down $30 so not sure if it was a great deal. I was looking to get something like it as an xmas gift so I grabbed it up. Has shelf speakers and BT - groovy wood grain style too. 

They had XB1 media remotes for $11 too, I passed. Said originally $19.99 on the tag.

Came across a grocery item on clearance today at a nearby store:

Green Mountain Coffee Pumpkin Spice K-Cups (24ct) - $3.25

They also have the Green Mountain Coffee Maple Pecan K-Cups (24ct) on clearance for $8.15. I passed on them though.

Thanks! Managed to find a black controller at a Walmart right down the road from me, along with PowerA Play and Charge Kit for $9.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=52538320
Thanks for the heads up, I grabbed one today and a ge 4k hdmi cable for $7. Looks like they switched over to onn brand on those.

From what I can tell they are clearancing all the 3rd party xb1 charge kits. Dual charge stand $15 and single was $10 iirc. The media remotes for xb1 were still marked $19.99 but I didn't scan to see if they were $11.

My go-to for clearance marked everything down another 50-75% last night so I stocked up today. Almost everything was $1-3, the most expensive was Layton on Switch for $15. Got fifa 20
For Switch for $5 and one of those stealth 600s for $49. Managed to get a gen 2 headset for $49 last night as well

Went to the Walmart in Deptford New Jersey and picked up a white Xbox one controller for $30 they had one left and a blue armed forces Walmart exclusive controller that ring up at $49.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, Brickseek said a store ~15 miles away has 2-3 of those $25 4TB hard drives. Other stores have if for $89. But, if I look at walmart.com, that store isn't a option for pick-up today. Is that typical for heavily clearanced items or is it more likely that Brickseek is wrong?

So, Brickseek said a store ~15 miles away has 2-3 of those $25 4TB hard drives. Other stores have if for $89. But, if I look at walmart.com, that store isn't a option for pick-up today. Is that typical for heavily clearanced items or is it more likely that Brickseek is wrong?
The data on displayed Brickseek comes from the retailer's own inventory so if it's inaccurate in Walmart's system then so too will it be there. In my experience Walmart is quite sloppy when it comes to proper inventory management. Unfortunately there's a good chance that those hard drives will be phantoms that are nowhere to be found.

So there are a bunch of PowerA Switch controllers on sale for $25.

I have the Scorbunny and 8 bit Mario ones from the Target clearance last year.

Are the newer ones any different hardware wise from them? Or are they identical internally?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

In regards to the 4TB hard drives. I bought 4 of those exact hard drives from Target when they were heavily clearanced out for $17.98 years ago and work just fine. The one time I bought one from Walmart, I plug it into my computer and come to find out that it was basically a dud in that it would turn out but the computer wouldn't recognize it and when I dug deeper come to find out it somehow only had a couple KB of storage.

Went to an out of the way Walmart that had the best looking electronics department I've ever seen. Products placed neatly on shelves, everything where it's supposed to be. A healthy selection of clearance items (routers, phone cases, earbuds, video games). But to be fair literally everything but cereal boxes that were on an end cap was behind a glass case or metal cage.

They had Samsung Galaxy Smart Watches on clearance behind the register that I was only able to take one photo of: https://imgur.com/a/YgFWXoR

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=454548732 MSRP $299 I don't know anything about Smart Watch pricing but going from brickseek prices seem to be going down to around $220 to as low as $217 and Best Buy sells certified refurbished smart watches for $200.

And below that they had fitbits on clearance as well that I didn't bother taking a picture of.

In terms of video games they had:

Fallout 76 ps4 for $10 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=905465231

Ghost Recon Breakpoint ps4 for $10 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=325595427

The Outer Worlds ps4 for $15 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=231382413

Persona 5 Royal ps4 Standard Edition - $15 - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=298470678

Last I went to Walmart, they had tons of Fallout 76 for PS4, both the regular and the steelbook edition.  But I just looked and they're still both $20.  I might bite on the steelbook edition for $10, but JUST for the steelbook.

In regards to the 4TB hard drives. I bought 4 of those exact hard drives from Target when they were heavily clearanced out for $17.98 years ago and work just fine. The one time I bought one from Walmart, I plug it into my computer and come to find out that it was basically a dud in that it would turn out but the computer wouldn't recognize it and when I dug deeper come to find out it somehow only had a couple KB of storage.
Oof some asshole swapped the hdd out and returned it on you.

Got a couple $5 blackweb dashcam just as a baby's first dash cam to play around with

Both PS4:
Persona 5 Royal Standard Edition $20 https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=298470678
Sims 4 + Island Living Bundle $5 https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=298470678

Only one Walmart out of 10ish in the area had them at these prices, and luckily it was the one I went into this morning in search of something else (which of course I didn't find).
Correct link for Sims 4
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=291948644

Does anyone know if when they move games to the floor of the display case, if that's indicative of them putting those games on clearance soon?

I went to a walmart with the 4tb hard drives and found them, but when the lady scanned them she said it was the original price and not 25 dollars. anyone run into this type of problem? anything i can do to get the lower price?

I went to a walmart with the 4tb hard drives and found them, but when the lady scanned them she said it was the original price and not 25 dollars. anyone run into this type of problem? anything i can do to get the lower price?
If you have a mobile device connect to the store WiFi, make sure you have location services turned on, and then if you use the Walmart app it should show you as shopping in that store -- which you can then use the barcode scanning feature to scan the item and get the in-store price at that location. If it shows $25 at that point then they should honor that.

Made a run earlier tonight to secure:

:ps4: The Outer Worlds $10

:ps4: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint $5

Left the following for the masses:

:ps4: Giganotosaurus $5

:ps4: Monster Jam Steel Titans $5

:ps4: Bee Simulator $11

:xb1: Crackdown 3 $10

:xb1: Wolfenstein: Youngblood Deluxe $10

:xb1: Plants Vs Zombies Battle for Neighborville $10 

:xb1: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint $10

:switch: MX vs ATV All Out $15

:switch: Troll Hunters $15

:switch: WWE Battle Grounds $15

:switch: Daemon X Machina $25

:switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2 $25

:3ds: Ever Oasis $15

:wiiu: Brunswick Bowling $3

Was very surprised to see WWE Battle Grounds already on the discount wagon.  The clerk at Walmart also took the time to hide a $30 Blue Xbox One Controller in the case behind Camo Blue while I was browsing.  I could have bought it but I am waiting for the Xbox Series controllers instead...

[attachment=34735:IMG_20201009_204047129 (2).jpg]

Made a run earlier tonight to secure:
:ps4: The Outer Worlds $10
:ps4: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint $5

Left the following for the masses:
:ps4: Giganotosaurus $5
:ps4: Monster Jam Steel Titans $5
:ps4: Bee Simulator $11
:xb1: Crackdown 3 $10
:xb1: Wolfenstein: Youngblood Deluxe $10
:xb1: Plants Vs Zombies Battle for Neighborville $10
:xb1: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint $5
:switch: MX vs ATV All Out $15
:switch: Troll Hunters $15
:switch: WWE Battle Grounds $15
:switch: Daemon X Machina $25
:switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2 $25
:3ds: Ever Oasis $15
:wiiu: Brunswick Bowling $3

Was very surprised to see WWE Battle Grounds already on the discount wagon. The clerk at Walmart also took the time to hide a $30 Blue Xbox One Controller in the case behind Camo Blue while I was browsing. I could have bought it but I am waiting for the Xbox Series controllers instead...

IMG_20201009_204047129 (2).jpg
Wow at Battlegrounds, but I have to say I rented it from GameFly and it is ROUGH

Might be a longshot but maybe look for the big scanners that are on pillars to scan them yourself. Assuming they're not locked inside a case.

Majority of walmarts have removed the in store scanners.  Your only option is either the crappy phone app or the scan guns at registers. 

Wow at Battlegrounds, but I have to say I rented it from GameFly and it is ROUGH
I downloaded it from the seas to try it out, really dug the gameplay but the fact that I have to grind to unlock the rock and stone cold turned me off big time. I'd give it a shot at $15 though instantly.

Damn that is a great price for battlegrounds , here I still have ps2 and ps3 game priced above 40, wwe looks like NBA 2K yes I hate the grinding but it is a good game to play with friends and family , damn really jelly of that price

where exactly are they in the electronics section? Went to 2 walmarts that had limited stock on em and did not find any.

However I got a lead on another one that Brickseek shows 4-5 units, and its been that way for over a week. A bit risky I know but since its only 20min drive, I think its worth a shot, let me know!

bread's done
Back