Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Was able to secure a few Geometry Wars 3 for both :ps4: & :xb1: for 3 cents each.  Glad they were already out in the lockbox cases so I could take them to self checkout & not run the risk of being denied by a junior detective clerk in electronics.

Made another run to see if I could secure cheap copies of Sword Art Online Alicizatrion Lycoris & Captain Tsubasa from the only WM in the area that had both in stock but both were still going for $49.94.  If anyone has access to either of these two for $15 and wants to trade for a cheap WWE 2K Battlegrounds for the Switch, definitely let me know ;)

Was able to secure a few Geometry Wars 3 for both :ps4: & :xb1: for 3 cents each. Glad they were already out in the lockbox cases so I could take them to self checkout & not run the risk of being denied by a junior detective clerk in electronics.

Made another run to see if I could secure cheap copies of [font='proxima-nova', helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sword Art Online Alicizatrion Lycoris & Captain Tsubasa from the only WM in the area that had both in stock but both were still going for $49.94. If anyone has access to either of these two for $15 and wants to trade for a cheap WWE 2K Battlegrounds for the Switch, definitely let me know ;)[/size][/font]
Sorry man Captain Tsubasa was oos at my walmart, but I found medievil $5, ni no kuni switch $10, & even a PNY SSD left behind for $10

I have the complete opposite take, I thought the Compton store looked fine (I was there yesterday morning). The employee who helped me was a very nice older gentlewoman who didn't see Persona 5 Royal on the shelf, so she took the time to go and fetch it from the back for me and I got it for $20. 10/10 would visit the store again.
We got the same lady then. Yeah employees seemed super helpful. The place just looks really off. I came in at a little after opening at 7 and it looked like a prison from outside with all the cameras around it and the trash all around the parking lot.

Took a chance and drove 40 mi to the closest loc with Captain Tsubasa and SAO. Brickseek was accurate. Picked up 2 copies of Tsubasa for my son and I and a copy of SAO for myself.

To the NEPA CAGs... The St Clair Walmart had one copy left of each as of 10:15 this morning.

That have done this before and that is usually how you eventually find a 10 year old game for full retail.... its like they get prices reverted and are left for dead.
This finally happened for me lol. Was out of town yesterday and stopped at the walmart where I was and found a copy of Quake Wars on PS3 for $52. Was the only PS3 game in the whole store, just sitting at the bottom of the PS4 game case.

Had a family member check Hamilton NJ marketplace boulevard for my hero 2 and captain tsubasa. She asked an associate about them and they told her they haven’t had them for a while, she then found my hero in the case and Captain Tsubasa sitting in the clearance area, also scored a ghostbusters for $5. Tsubasa was $20 and My hero was $15.

Any CAGs that live nearby she told me there was another copy of Tsubasa along with 2 more My hero 2, and atleast 1 copy of Sword art for $20

found some 0.03 cent games at a store not to far from me:

We Happy Few PS4

Strange Brigade Xbox One

Extinction Xbox One

Geometry Wars Xbox One

Middle Earth Shadow Of War Xbox One

Not a 0.03 game but worth a mention

Man of Median PS4 $4.00

Was worth the effort on Tsubasa(Managed 3 copies) and Ni No Kuni but no further interest for SAO. Wish Switch port of Tsubasa went on clearence but eventually it will,given time 🙏🏻

Still waiting on Tokyo Mirage Sessions to drop. One whole store in my area dropped it to $30. I feel like the day I don't check is the day it drops and everyone sells out.

Brickseek has been super innacurate for me these past weeks or two. Twice now I've had instock items nowhere to be found in store. Seems like a lot of my local Walmarts are cleaning out stock as well, a couple looked like K-Marts/Sear's in their electronics section

Ni No Kuni for switch was still marked at 29.99 but rang up at $10. Thanks for the tip. You guys are great!
Yeah, always have to check since at least around here they rarely bother updating the tag price. I picked up 3 games when I was out of town and all 3 had out of date prices on their tags

Was it in ohio?
Nah, KY. But if there is another up in Ohio just sitting there that's amazing. No one is ever going to buy that lol.

So I got a couple of games clearance yesterday for $15 apiece and I went today to possibly buy some more and all the prices are back up to 40 or $50

I got tsum tsum switch and Ni No Kuni for $10 each. The stickers said $10 each but they rang up higher and I had to get a manager to override. He wasn't happy to do it, but the stickers said it so he did it. Do you think they accidentally sent out black friday prices early or something?

Is the captain Tsubasa fandom really that big or is everybody here reselling them?
tbh I dont think stores got many copies to begin with? I may be wrong but it seems like a really niche title. I mean unless people are reselling locally I dont think ebay would be worth the hassle

on a side note I might be able to score some daemon x machina and tokyo mirage sessions for $20~ tomorrow that is if they dont get cleared out today, if I do and anyones interested I could do cost + shipping and materials

Is the captain Tsubasa fandom really that big or is everybody here reselling them?
My son and I thought the gameplay looked fun, and I thought this was a good, cheap Christmas gift from me. I bought ours with the intention of playing them, but part of me is hoping the game turns into another Godzilla.

Grabbed Diablo Eternal Collection for X1 for $10 and Ni No Kuni for Switch for $10 today in Woodland, CA ... last Diablo but they had 3 or 4 more Ni No Kuni copies.

so walmart's early black friday ads are out and no video games. the dates are 11/4 to 11/8 and 11/11 to 11/15, though it looks like they will have more deals from 11/25 to 11/27. there are a few $8 4k movies and the usual crappy cheap tvs and chromebooks.

so walmart's early black friday ads are out and no video games. the dates are 11/4 to 11/8 and 11/11 to 11/15, though it looks like they will have more deals from 11/25 to 11/27. there are a few $8 4k movies and the usual crappy cheap tvs and chromebooks.
That paw patrol dvd set will be a hit in our house

found some 0.03 cent games at a store not to far from me:

We Happy Few PS4

Strange Brigade Xbox One

Extinction Xbox One

Geometry Wars Xbox One

Middle Earth Shadow Of War Xbox One

Not a 0.03 game but worth a mention

Man of Median PS4 $4.00
adding some more i found on the list at 0.03

NBA 2K18 Switch

Xcom 2 Collection Xbox One

Apex Legends Lifeline Edition PS4

Apex Legends Bloodhound Edition Xbox One

Dreamworks Dragons Dawn Of New Riders PS4

Recore Xbox One

So far my luck has been at stores that hadn't went through there clearance in a while. Most of the employees didn't care about the 3 cent price checking out.

I wouldn't take that to necessarily mean anything, those dates are too early and seem more like pre-BF promotions. Thanksgiving and Black Friday fall on the week of the 22nd.

No, walmart clearances are literally store to store discretion. Nothing is universal with them.
It's more like tracking trends as there are some clearances that are more widespread where a certain item is on clearance at most stores, but the price will still vary as well as the timing for going on clearance and price drops.

Was able to track down Apex Legends Lifeline and Bloodhound for $.03 each. When the guy at Walmart scanned them, his scanner showed recall and almost refused to sell me them. I asked if he could try to sell them to see if it would allow it and it did. Unfortunately, the 4 copies I left on the shelf he scooped up saying they had to go back.

Was able to track down Apex Legends Lifeline and Bloodhound for $.03 each. When the guy at Walmart scanned them, his scanner showed recall and almost refused to sell me them. I asked if he could try to sell them to see if it would allow it and it did. Unfortunately, the 4 copies I left on the shelf he scooped up saying they had to go back.
More like they had to go back to his car...next time try the trick I once read on here about taking those games and an R rated movie to self-checkout. Try to scan the R rated movie so it'll set off the "make sure this customer is over 17" check once the employee clears that you can check out as usual and the alert won't go off again for the .03 games. Basically whenever possible use self-checkout for penny games, even if you have to have the employee put it in an anti-theft case for you to head to the front, self-checkout can take it out that case once you are there.

More like they had to go back to his car...next time try the trick I once read on here about taking those games and an R rated movie to self-checkout. Try to scan the R rated movie so it'll set off the "make sure this customer is over 17" check once the employee clears that you can check out as usual and the alert won't go off again for the .03 games. Basically whenever possible use self-checkout for penny games, even if you have to have the employee put it in an anti-theft case for you to head to the front, self-checkout can take it out that case once you are there.
As crazy as it sounds, these were in the locked case. I’ve never been handed a game to take to the front from there, even in an anti theft case. They always ring me out in the back

I am in the market for another xbox controller and was thinking just recently there were some on clearance for like $30ish...is this still a thing and is anybody finding them? Which ones were they so I can look them up on BS?

Thanks!

I am in the market for another xbox controller and was thinking just recently there were some on clearance for like $30ish...is this still a thing and is anybody finding them? Which ones were they so I can look them up on BS?

Thanks!
Another poster put these up when I asked about it.
Blue: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=137542902

Black: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=156294201

White: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=53753497

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back