Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
As usual another fruitless trip to Walmart trying to get a iPhone XS. Employee never showed up. Picked up a copy of rocket arena for 0.03.
Call the Walmart while you are there and ask to speak to Electronics. Then wait until someone goes to answer the phone then hang up before they get to it. Then walk up and ask for help.

I saw this at a store today marked at $9 yet brickseek shows up as $.03 and out of stock. Kicked myself for not checking the price now that I saw your post. Then I watched a trailer and checked reviews.... it's a kids game I'd never play.
i think people were buying it for cases

Was able to snag Hyrule Warriors for $10. Has anyone had any luck seeing inventory on Donkey Kong on Brickseek? I know some of my area Wal-Marts have it in stock, but it's not pulling up there so I can see if it's been discounted or not.
No dice sadly. Keeps erroring but have checked numerous locations only to find the standard MSRP besides the other few that have been clearenced

Do the titles need to have a reduced price tag sticker in order for the discount to be applied? I went to a store and saw a 3ds copy of Dragon quest VII with a $15 tag on it. When the employee scanned the game, she scanned the game barcode first and it pulled up the msrp price. She then scanned the price tag and then charged me only $15 (though she still needed someone to override it at the register).
If the item has a clearance or reduced price sticker and it still rings up full price, the rule of thumb and the nice thing to do is to charge the customer the lower price. If the game barcode and the clearance barcode show different prices, the same. The clearance price trumps the original msrp. Sometimes the game barcode and the clearance barcode are separate from each other which is why most of the time when something goes on clearance at walmart, they also cover up the original barcode.

Last night I checked Octopath Traveler on Brickseek and found one walmart that still had 6+ copies for $10. I go there at around 9:30 this morning and find that they all got bought up and brickseek now shows OOS. What a great feeling.

Last night I checked Octopath Traveler on Brickseek and found one walmart that still had 6+ copies for $10. I go there at around 9:30 this morning and find that they all got bought up and brickseek now shows OOS. What a great feeling.
Ouch :( Don't give up hope. As far as brickseek goes,it's hit or miss still.

Money is money and all that but someone buying the entire stock of a game is really deflating.
Its happened to me before and probably most people on these forums. And yeah, 6 copies in a matter of hours is most likely not being bought by 6 different people but rather all 6 copies by one person, especially if the price wasn't advertised correctly at the store.

I've been that other guy. When walmart had clearances on PsVita games I found & bought all the copies of God of War. Four or five of em to have extras for trading for other games I missed out on. Still have em sealed n waiting lol

Its happened to me before and probably most people on these forums. And yeah, 6 copies in a matter of hours is most likely not being bought by 6 different people but rather all 6 copies by one person, especially if the price wasn't advertised correctly at the store.
Tbh,this was way before even most knew it would drop. Only spread once forums and such got plastered

Just be glad you're not trying to find Pokemon cards right now.  Brickseek on that one is all fubar because inventory/stocking is thru the outside vendor and the same quantity shows across all sets in the system regardless of them being full price or on "clearance".  

Just be glad you're not trying to find Pokemon cards right now. Brickseek on that one is all fubar because inventory/stocking is thru the outside vendor and the same quantity shows across all sets in the system regardless of them being full price or on "clearance".
I'm 33 and haven't been looking for Pokemon cards this entire century, but that does sound like a nightmare.

I always see videos about people opening Pokemon card packs on Youtube and am surprised it's still a thing. Or that vicariously watching someone open something for enjoyment is still a thing.

Kirby, DK, Arms, and Hyrule Warriors are very YMMV
If there’s one thing I learned following this thread and the Arcade1up thread for super cheap deals, is that you have to live in Boonieville or Hicksville USA to score these super cheap $10 and $0.03 deals. Ain’t nothing like that around here in Southern Cali. Feel free to chime in which part of ‘Bama or Tennessee you live in.

I'm in Iowa but these deals have been frequent in the Twin Cities, Milwaukee/Madison, and Chicago.

Chicago was actually amazing several years ago for the $.03 clearance.

If there’s one thing I learned following this thread and the Arcade1up thread for super cheap deals, is that you have to live in Boonieville or Hicksville USA to score these super cheap $10 and $0.03 deals. Ain’t nothing like that around here in Southern Cali. Feel free to chime in which part of ‘Bama or Tennessee you live in.
cali was always awful for deals. too many resellers

I live in Southern California too (Inland Empire) and have found deals in Rialto, Chino Hills, Riverside, Fontana, Rancho Cucamonga, etc. Sometimes I get lucky, sometimes I totally strike out. I've gotten Switch games for $15, $10, $7, $5, etc. Brickseek is hit or miss tbh. I recommend having patience, getting there early/quickly and to not spend a bunch of money driving around everywhere.

Oh, and go Lakers!

It depends. If you are too boonies then you may not even have a walmart. But yeah so far I've been really consistently finding some of these deals at the mayfield walmart in northeast ohio. Majority of the time any deals that are available are only super out of the way though. Only reason I even hit that walmart is if I need to pick up anything there or at the bestbuy in the area since there aren't many close by to where I live and prior to recently that walmart was the only one that did the grocery site to store pick up orders. I miss those 10$ off 35-40$ purchase promos they were doing once a month.

There's actually no Walmart in Hicksville, NY. Closest one is in East Meadow. :p

cali was always awful for deals. too many resellers
Yes. Some of these career reseller scumbags "entrepreneurs" travel across several states buying up everything on clearance so they can try to resell them, just like every other person without a job who wants to make easy money. Doing it for video games is a waste of both time and effort, but it doesn't stop them. We used to get them when I lived in hicksville, so I imagine SoCal is full of them.

Yes. Some of these career reseller scumbags "entrepreneurs" travel across several states buying up everything on clearance so they can try to resell them, just like every other person without a job who wants to make easy money. Doing it for video games is a waste of both time and effort, but it doesn't stop them. We used to get them when I lived in hicksville, so I imagine SoCal is full of them.
If they don't have a job, how do they pay to buy out stores? /s

Reselling requires a time investment, travel expenses and effort. If they want to hussle to make some extra income more power to them. I rather just invest my money into dividends like Johnson and Johnson and watch my money grow overtime. My friend use to stock 20+ vending machines he owned. It may seem like a complete waste of time but that money builds up overtime. I do mystery shops time to time for $25-50 a shop. Takes a hour and I sometimes get free groceries. Don't knock it till you try it is what I am trying to say.

Reselling requires a time investment, travel expenses and effort. If they want to hussle to make some extra income more power to them. I rather just invest my money into dividends like Johnson and Johnson and watch my money grow overtime. My friend use to stock 20+ vending machines he owned. It may seem like a complete waste of time but that money builds up overtime. I do mystery shops time to time for $25-50 a shop. Takes a hour and I sometimes get free groceries. Don't knock it till you try it is what I am trying to say.
Way ahead of you there. I tried it in high school 15 years ago and found that it was a big hassle (nice name btw). It wasn't helping me grow any skills and didn't contribute anything to society. It also didn't help me pay for anything significant--I still had to get a REAL job to pay off my car and save up for college. And once I had a real job, I didn't have time to chase potential deals to resell for low returns. I can potentially justify buying one or two extra clearance laptops or TVs to resell and recoup to cost of my initial purchase, but I'd still be unhappy about infringing upon someone else's right to the same deal. Stocks, ETFs, and Forex all seem like better hobbies/side hustles to me. Really happy that I bought some Amazon stock before the pandemic.

Aside from the low per-transaction cost of buying cheap items at bulk, both ethics and competition come into play. I'd never be a Grubhub/Uber Eats bitch, for example. I also don't do the Gamestop trade-in crap that most people do. It means more to me to be part of creating a game that retails for a buck than trying to make $2000 Gamestop credit trading in copies of Madden 20.

You guys can totally do whatever you want. Some people see value in it, and that's okay. I'm just some random asshole on the internet with a pretty trivial opinion.

What’s a grub hub or Uber eats bitch? Surely you’re not talking about the drivers that nutted up mid pandemic to deliver food to people who were prevented from leaving the house?

Way ahead of you there. I tried it in high school 15 years ago and found that it was a big hassle (nice name btw). It wasn't helping me grow any skills and didn't contribute anything to society. It also didn't help me pay for anything significant--I still had to get a REAL job to pay off my car and save up for college. And once I had a real job, I didn't have time to chase potential deals to resell for low returns. I can potentially justify buying one or two extra clearance laptops or TVs to resell and recoup to cost of my initial purchase, but I'd still be unhappy about infringing upon someone else's right to the same deal. Stocks, ETFs, and Forex all seem like better hobbies/side hustles to me. Really happy that I bought some Amazon stock before the pandemic.

Aside from the low per-transaction cost of buying cheap items at bulk, both ethics and competition come into play. I'd never be a Grubhub/Uber Eats bitch, for example. I also don't do the Gamestop trade-in crap that most people do. It means more to me to be part of creating a game that retails for a buck than trying to make $2000 Gamestop credit trading in copies of Madden 20.

You guys can totally do whatever you want. Some people see value in it, and that's okay. I'm just some random asshole on the internet with a pretty trivial opinion.
I agree with some of the sentiment here. I end up impulse buying games on sale and then trading them back in after realizing that "I bought 10 games a month ago and only played them for a total of 45 minutes and now there is a bump and a bonus."

But as Yoda said, "Impulse buying leads to impulse trading...impulse trading leads to flipping...flipping leads to a fear of lost profits/flips...and fear is the path to the dark side."

Tokyo mirage has dropped to $10 at some locations. was debating driving to a store to check it out but it's rush hour and it would take like 50 mins lol

Still no Octopath drop at my store, but Xenoblade did drop to $10. So big thanks for pointing that out.

Was also quality entertainment because I generally ask the person in electronics to scan the price just to make sure and the guy was all uppity saying the tags would be right cause they updated them over the weekend. He proceeded to scan Xenoblade and it was $10 (tag says $50) and he was just like "oh."

According to Brickseek only 2 of the 8+ Walmarts in my rough area (2 that are furthest away) have Xenoblade for $10, the rest are full price.  Is there a chance that they are all reduced to $10 and Brickseek just doesn't see that?  Would I be wasting my time driving to my nearest one?

Picked up a few things in southern CO including Tokyo Mirage, Xenoblade, and Skyrim SE... here are few others that were clearance:

PS4 Spyro Reignited Trilogy - $5
PS4 COD Black Ops III - $10
PS4 World of Simulators - $5

NSW Aladdin/Lion King - $5

3DS Mario Kart 7 - $5

According to Brickseek only 2 of the 8+ Walmarts in my rough area (2 that are furthest away) have Xenoblade for $10, the rest are full price. Is there a chance that they are all reduced to $10 and Brickseek just doesn't see that? Would I be wasting my time driving to my nearest one?
Use the Walmart app to scan the upc to check

According to Brickseek only 2 of the 8+ Walmarts in my rough area (2 that are furthest away) have Xenoblade for $10, the rest are full price. Is there a chance that they are all reduced to $10 and Brickseek just doesn't see that? Would I be wasting my time driving to my nearest one?
Brickseek price is usually 99% correct. If there are some in stock close by, I would just wait until the price drops. Check each day so you hopefully see it first.

Wow thanks so much for this! I'll list everything I picked up my Wal Mart had for additional clearanced games for ppl to check if their Wal Mart has the same prices.
Switch:
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore - $10
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition - $10
Xbox One :
Rocket Arena Mythic Edition - $0.03
3DS :
Super Smash bros - $5.00
Zelda Ocarina of Time - $5.00
Wii :
Just Dance 2020 - $5.00
Wii U :
Zelda Breath of the Wild - $5.00
PS4 : All $5
Quantic Dream Collection
Playerunknowns Battlegrounds
Spyro
Skyrim
Sims 4

Halfway through i realized i should've listed them like how i did the PS4 games but oh well lol

You got BotW for $5!? Arrgh!
All of those deals are just way too good. There are like two locations in Tucson with Xenoblade at $10; the rest are either $30+ or sold out entirely. And I ain't risking a drive to friggin' Tucson for a ten dollar game. Traffic is nuts up there.

I ran out to Walmart to grab Xenoblade and saw a few more games that weren't mentioned:

Ni No Kuni (Switch) - $5

Detective Pikachu (3DS) - $5

Minecraft (3DS) - $5

Diablo Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4) - $5

MX vs. ATV All Out (PS4) - $4

bread's done
Back