Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Just gonna drop some that I'm not sure have been mentioned yet

Super Smash Bros 3DS - $5

Minecraft 3DS - $5

New Super Mario Bros 2 - $5

Mario Party Top 100 3DS - $5

Majora's Mask 3DS - $5

Skyrim PS4 - $5

Overwatch Legendary Edition PS4 - $5

Today was a good day. All Switch

Portal Knights $4
Octopath Traveler $10
Tokyo Mirage Encore $10
Final Fantasy X/X2 $15

The best part is that right next to the Switch copy of Tokyo Mirage, there was a Wii U copy marked at $39.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a couple copies of Octopath at stores near me but still $50.

I found a few copies of NHL games on the XO('17) and PS4('18,'19,'20) today. I only took 3 and decided to do self checkout. After I paid the lady at the checkouts that removed the security cases for me asked to see my receipt. After she saw that I only paid .03 each she took my bag and was adamant that I was not getting them for that price. Short version of the story, it took about 10 minutes and 3 different people, but a lady working in the back room came out and said I was ok and that no one should have said anything. She followed me as I exited the store to make sure no one gave me any issues. 

There's a couple copies of Octopath at stores near me but still $50.

I found a few copies of NHL games on the XO('17) and PS4('18,'19,'20) today. I only took 3 and decided to do self checkout. After I paid the lady at the checkouts that removed the security cases for me asked to see my receipt. After she saw that I only paid .03 each she took my bag and was adamant that I was not getting them for that price. Short version of the story, it took about 10 minutes and 3 different people, but a lady working in the back room came out and said I was ok and that no one should have said anything. She followed me as I exited the store to make sure no one gave me any issues.
If someone tries to stop your purchases, show her the receipt that it is already paid for. Ask for a manager immediately because they can't take your shit back if paid for. They may want to verify with Electronics or the pricing themselves, so have your phone ready to scan it on the Walmart app and have them do it on their handhelds.

You can also just type the name of the game into the SKU finder bar on brickseek and it'll find the game, for walmart at least. Just have to keep a few things in mind like the search doesn't like apostrophes for some reason (so if you wanna find Majora's Mask just type in Majoras Mask for example) and that some games have generic names like Control so other crap will show up (when I look at the price for Control I just always type in Control 505 since 505 is the publisher so their name is on the entry.)

I pretty much always just search that way personally.

Have an extra Octopath Traveler. Looking to trade for either Tokyo Mirage Sessions or Xenoblade.

Edit- no longer available. Traded my copy.

Today’s haul:

$5 games:
Disney Aladdin/Lion King - x2
Tokyo Mirage - x3
NBA 2K20 (for nephews) - x2

$10 games:
Xenoblade Chronicles - x4
Octopath Traveller - x1
Wonderful 101 - x2
Trine 4 Collection - x1

$15 games:
Captain Tsubasa - x1 (think they had more)
Layton’s Mystery Journey Deluxe - x1 (think they had more)

—-

I’m looking for Arms and Astral Chain. (DKC if it went on sale.) Would swap Xenoblade, Tokyo, or Wonderful 101 for it.
Would potentially swap the other (extras) for other clearance games. I’ve got Switch/PS4/XONE.

Today’s haul:

$5 games:
Disney Aladdin/Lion King - x2
Tokyo Mirage - x3
NBA 2K20 (for nephews) - x2

$10 games:
Xenoblade Chronicles - x4
Octopath Traveller - x1
Wonderful 101 - x2
Trine 4 Collection - x1

$15 games:
Captain Tsubasa - x1 (think they had more)
Layton’s Mystery Journey Deluxe - x1 (think they had more)

—-

I’m looking for Arms. Would swap Xenoblade, Tokyo, or Wonderful 101 for it.
Would potentially swap the other (extras) for other clearance games. I’ve got Switch/PS4/XONE.
Would you take Spyro Trilogy PS4 and $5 for Tokyo Mirage?

How much is arms supposed to be? Pretty sure there was one at the store I was just at but didn't realize it was clearance. I picked up the last Lion King/Aladdin and also Lego Marvel 2 for $5 each. No Octopath and Xenoblade rang up at $50.

Struck out with Tokyo Mirage today. My store had it two days ago, but when the price updated, it disappeared (I couldn't go yesterday). No luck with any of the others recent deals either. They're either oos or haven't dropped.

It was hard enough getting Octopath for $30 from Target a few weeks ago. My sister helped since my area had been cleaned out.

I had to go to Chilton just to find shoes in my size and while there i found Tokyo Mirage, Octopath, and Ni no Kuni for $10 each, with a bonus Smash 3DS for $5. Best clearance haul for me in a while.

I genuinely had to laugh seeing 3 cent 360 & Switch games at a store that had Battleborn PS4 and DC Universe Online PS3) at full price.  Apparently its okay to sell online only games where the servers dont exist, but not okay to sell Rage, Red Dead Undead Nightmare, or Darksiders

Heads up as well NFS hot pursuit remastered for switch is $5 at some walmarts . I grabbed two copies from a walmart near my job no walmarts near my house had any stock or employees did not wanna check the back for me.

Shinobi 3ds  is  a 3 cent game.   Got declined from buying it due to employee refusing to sell it at that price.  Offered to buy it for $5 and still wouldn't budge lol.

I have a Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition sealed for trade.

Looking to add these games to my collection.

:switch: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
:switch: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
:switch: Pikmin 3 Deluxe
:switch: Mario Tennis Aces
:switch: Paper Mario Origami King
:switch: Kirby Star Allies

:switch: Arms

:ps4: Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS5)

:ps4: Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition (PS5)

:ps4: Moss

:ps4: N.E.R.O

I have a Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition sealed for trade.

Looking to add these games to my collection.

:switch: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe :switch: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity :switch: Pikmin 3 Deluxe :switch: Mario Tennis Aces :switch: Paper Mario Origami King :switch: Kirby Star Allies
:switch: Arms
:ps4: Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS5)
:ps4: Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition (PS5)
:ps4: Moss
:ps4: N.E.R.O
Don't take this personally, but I would stick to trading the clearance games.

Thanks all for the posts! Passed by 3 stores since they were all on my route home. Every store had people with their phones out looking for clearance games 😄

Got lucky and found a Tokyo Mirage for $10 hiding in a wall of PS4 and Xbox games.
Also found for 3DS
Mario Kart 7 - $5
Majora's Mask 3D - $5
Minecraft 3DS - $5

Some other ones to look out for:

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary for $5 on Xbox/PS4

Yo-Kai Watch 2 Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls for $1 each

Ni No Kuni on the Switch for $5

I genuinely had to laugh seeing 3 cent 360 & Switch games at a store that had Battleborn PS4 and DC Universe Online PS3) at full price. Apparently its okay to sell online only games where the servers dont exist, but not okay to sell Rage, Red Dead Undead Nightmare, or Darksiders
Darksiders for switch was 3 cents?

Struck out on Tokyo Mirage Sessions - associate even looked in the back for me.  Said they were hit pretty hard yesterday.  Did find Need for Speed Hot Pursuit on Switch.  Picked up a second copy if anyone is interested in a trade.

Keeping track of all the receipts in order to do your taxes must be a chore. What software do you use?
I have a tax preparer, whose job is very easy since I have documentation of all my business reports, but she helps with deductions. Not sure if you're serious but I use QuickBooks as well as have separate notation on my own in an excel sheet.

Not a chore, unless you don't keep track of your receipts until the end of the year.

I usually have a personal rule to not pay for video games out of pocket when I have Gamestop credit, but when I dropped by Walmart this afternoon - checked and caved to the deals.... I really only wanted a sealed Smash for the 3DS shelf, but felt bad asking for a price check on so many games and bought the ones on sale (oddly the Wii U ones left we're marked off....). 

vXGER9T.png

Still like 8 copies of Xeno and 5 of FE so Slickdeals didn't ruin it for everyone yet..!

None too pleased with a scum in my area. Checked BS last night and a couple games were in stock at a somewhat close walmart. Planned on going during a lunch break today and checked just before I left since it was a decent drive, and now out of stock. I call to not waste my time and the older woman who answered in electronics surprisingly knew right away what game I was asking for... because a flipper/reseller just wiped out their stock of every copy of various games an hour before I called. They even called management as the person was suspicious and said they couldn't deny the sale since it wasn't for a hard to buy item like a console.

Yeah I don't think a store gives a shit if someone clears out a clearance game, I feel like that's the point of clearance.
The thing is the games were in the glass cabinet and unmarked. They were on the bottom as overstock locked behind glass. So really only one of us here or someone from SD could have known.

Found:

Diablo III for switch $10
Bravely Default 2 for 3DS $1
Hyrule Warriors Switch $10
Zelda BotW Wii U $5
Xenoblade Chronicles Switch $10
Zelda OOT selects 3DS $5

First two stores had nothing even though brickseek showed 6+ copies of Xenoblade, the last store more than made up for it with all of the above titles. All were marked on the shelf as clearanced off.

I drove all around for stuff like Xenoblade, Tokyo Fe and Zelda for wii-u. Found 1 Discounted Tokyo Mirage sessions in 6 WMs (1 had 6 but not discounted). No Zelda's. But the store  down the street from me prices changed during the middle of the day. But Bioshock collection (xbox1) is $4  and the hunter for ps4 is $5 too. Shadow Tactics for X1,Disney frozen 2-pack 3ds, Star wars battlefront ultimate edition (x1), Fallout Vegas (ps3), Rage (360), MK vs DC (360) are .03 cents

Went to a store a couple cities over right before closing and scored a couple more games. They had a locker full of switch games right behind the register. So if you don't see what you're looking for in the case try checking there guys. Happy hunting. 

I have a copy of Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade, I'm willing to trade for Tokyo Mirage Sessions if any one is interested.

Got Tokyo Mirage but I'd still trade (Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade) for Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition.

Yo! I was able to grab Tokyo Mirage & Xenoblade remaster today. Honestly don't want either, but for $10 each I couldn't pass on the trade fodder. I'm looking to trade both for any two of these games. Need for Speed Remaster, Diablo, Aladdin/Lion King, Ni No Kuni remaster. Hell any 3rd party Switch games found on this clearance rush. Holla at me.

Brickseeker says there are copies of Xenoblade at a nearby Walmart but the site says it is ringing up at $50/ What are the chances it is really going for $10?

bread's done
Back