Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a couple copies of Octopath at stores near me but still $50.

I found a few copies of NHL games on the XO('17) and PS4('18,'19,'20) today. I only took 3 and decided to do self checkout. After I paid the lady at the checkouts that removed the security cases for me asked to see my receipt. After she saw that I only paid .03 each she took my bag and was adamant that I was not getting them for that price. Short version of the story, it took about 10 minutes and 3 different people, but a lady working in the back room came out and said I was ok and that no one should have said anything. She followed me as I exited the store to make sure no one gave me any issues.
Yeah once you've paid for something it legally becomes your property so they had no right to try and take it back or force a return. If Walmart doesn't like the 3 cent games going out the door then they should get their act together with respect to performing proper inventory management. They are the worst at it that I have seen... and it's also why Brickseek results are so inaccurate at times.

The Medford NJ store clearanced some additional games (not part of the national clearance):

:ps4:
Dreams $12.50
Hitman Definitive Edition $10
Civilization VI $10
Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection $10
Battlefront II $8
Doom $7
Tekken 7 $7

:xb1:
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne $15
The Surge 2 $10
Just Cause 4 $10
Ghost Recon Breakpoint $10
Shadow of the Tomb Raider $10
Civilization VI $10
Desperados III $7.50
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection $5
Monster Hunter World $1

Going back to Walmart this morning when they open.

I'm sure there won't be anything but empty shelves.  But I'm hoping they will sell me the shelves for 3 cents each.  :roll:

Thanks everyone for being so diligent in keeping people up to date with what they are finding.

I managed to get 2 copies of Tokyo Mirage Sessions, but no Octopath Traveler despite Brickseek saying there were 3-4 in store.

Thanks everyone for being so diligent in keeping people up to date with what they are finding.

I managed to get 2 copies of Tokyo Mirage Sessions, but no Octopath Traveler despite Brickseek saying there were 3-4 in store.
yeah, walmart's inventory is a disaster. there have been multiple times where a store has has 1 - 2 copies of something but the walmart app says they're out of stock

I found these
Ni no kuni switch $5
Wasteland 3 PS4 $15
Spyro trilogy PS4 $5

That being said if anyone would like to trade I’m looking for Xenoblade, Tokyo mirage, NFS hot pursuit. but if you guys got anything else let me know!

I have had some walmarts tell me 2 game limit on each clearance title to give others a chance at getting the deal. Like its a PS5 or something. lol

It reminds me of the amiibo days with that stupid gold Mario. They only limited the initial shipment and then any time they got more in they let people buy them all. There is no consistency whatsoever.

It reminds me of the amiibo days with that stupid gold Mario. They only limited the initial shipment and then any time they got more in they let people buy them all. There is no consistency whatsoever.
amiibo collecting sucked when they first came out. I remember preorders being canceled as best buy was unable to fulfil them

yeah, one walmart limited the amount of games and the one down the street has no limit on the clearance. They wanted to get rid of them. These were for the games still in the locked case that you had to get an employee to get for you. Obviously if the clearance game is out on a open shelf, you can just take them and check out at self checkout if they are out of the security case.

yeah, one walmart limited the amount of games and the one down the street has no limit on the clearance. They wanted to get rid of them. These were for the games still in the locked case that you had to get an employee to get for you. Obviously if the clearance game is out on a open shelf, you can just take them and check out at self checkout if they are out of the security case.
One store i go to keeps all the switch games that don't have a spot on the shelf in the back. They don't have the piles of games at the bottom. They do however have stacks of crap at the bottom of the xbox and ps4 case.

Wife sent me out to get some baby food. Took a stroll down the electronics section. Some el hordo cleared out the whole area. Like 50 games lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brickseek said my local store had Xenoblade for $10 and that it was sold out. Decided to check electronics while on a grocery run anyway and it was on the shelf, marked as $50. Rung up as $10, thankfully. Didn't see any of the other clearance games, though.

Big list of clearance items incoming! 

$0.03c Anthem, Electronic Arts, PlayStation 4, 014633369960

$1 The Elder Scrolls Online Gold Edition (XBOX ONE)

$5 Friday the 13th: The Game - Ultimate Slasher Editi

$5 Call of Duty: WWII, Activision, PlayStation 4, 047875881525

$15 Kingdom Hearts Bundle: The Story So Far, Square Enix, PlayStation 4, 662248921860

$15 Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Square Enix, Nintendo Switch, 662248922034

$11 The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan, Bandai Namco, Xbox One, 722674221559

$0.03c L.O.L. Surprise! Pets Assortment - Styles May Vary

$3 Nerf Elite Shellstrike DS-6 Blaster in Multicolor

$20 LEGO Classic Bricks and Animals 11011 Creative Toy That Builds into 10 Amazing Animal Figures (1,500 Pieces)

$7 Transformers War for Cybertron Voyager 35th Anniversary WFC-S55 Soundblaster

$124 Straight Talk SAMSUNG Galaxy S9, 64GB Black - Prepaid Smartphone

$17 SAMSUNG 5.1 Channel 360W Panoramic Soundbar System with Wireless Subwoofer - HW-Q6CR/ZA

$1 onn. 10.1" 16 GB Android Tablet, Bonus $20 off Walmart eBooks Included

$40 onn. 55” Class 4K UHD (2160P) LED Roku Smart TV HDR (100012586)

$249 Sprint Samsung GS10 Black

$54 SAMSUNG 55" Class 4K Ultra HD (2160P) HDR Smart LED Curved TV UN55RU7300 (2019 Model)

$74 SAMSUNG 65" Class 4K Ultra HD (2160P) Curved HDR Smart LED TV UN65RU7300 (2019 Model)

$40 Philips 65" Class 4K Ultra HD (2160p) Android Smart LED TV with Google Assistant (65PFL5604/F7)

$3 Google Home Mini (Gen. 1) - Charcoal

$1 Google Home Mini - Chalk

$1 PNY 32GB Attaché 4 USB 2.0 Flash Drive 3-Pack

$5 HP 22 All-in-One, 22" Display, Intel Celeron G4900T 2.9 GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD

$30 Night Owl 4 Channel 1080p Wireless Smart Security Hub with 1 TB Pre-Installed Hard Drive and 2 x 1080p Infrared IP Cameras with Two-Way Audio, 300 ft. wireless signal, 100 ft. night vision

$1 onn. 16 Mile 22 Channel Walkie Talkie, 2 Pack

$19 Arlo Pro 720P HD Security Camera System VMS4130 - 1 Wire-Free Rechargeable Battery Camera with Two-Way Audio, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision, Motion Detection

$54 Casio Men's Solar Atomic Digital Black and Blue G-Shock Watch GWM500F-2

$30 HP 96/97 Ink Cartridges - Black, Tri-color, 2 Cartridges (C9353FN)

$154 Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15" Laptop, Intel Core i3-1005G1 Dual-Core Processor, 8GB Memory, 256GB Solid State Drive, Windows 10S - Abyss Blue - 81WE008HUS (Google Classroom Compatible)

$15 VANKYO Cinemango 100 Mini Video Projector, HD Movie Projector Support 1080P, 220” Display, 50,000 Hrs Lamp Life, Compatible with TV Stick, HDMIx2, USBx2, VGA, TF, AV for Home Entertainment

$3 Roku Express HD Streaming Media Player 2019

$55 Spalding NBA 54" Portable Angled Basketball Hoop with Polycarbonate Backboard

$33 Lifetime 44 In. Impact Adjustable Portable Basketball Hoop, 90759

$79 Lifetime 44" Acrylic Fusion Backboard Portable Basketball System, Model 1533

$149 Shark ION™ Robot Vacuum, Wi Fi Connected, Works with Google Assistant, Multi Surface Cleaning, Carpets, Hard Floors (RV750)

Also, in my sig is a discord where we share most of these deals daily. Mainly for resellers but it's open to others as long as you also post deals (members are banned who don't share deals). Check it out. 

Brickseek said my local store had Xenoblade for $10 and that it was sold out. Decided to check electronics while on a grocery run anyway and it was on the shelf, marked as $50. Rung up as $10, thankfully. Didn't see any of the other clearance games, though.
how many copies did they have? i found that returns don't seem to show back up on the brickseek / walmart app inventory system

Found these last night, struck out on all the good Switch deals though. Going to check another store today for Xenoblade.

PS4

Borderlands 3 $5

Control $5

Diablo Eternal Collection $5

Overwatch Legendary Edition $5

The Sims 4 Bundle with Island Living $10

The Sims 4 $5

The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Bundle $.03

NSW

Wolfenstein Youngblood Deluxe $15

XB1

Wolfenstein II The New Colossus $5

Got lucky and found Tokyo Mirage Sessions for $5 at the Clayton, NC store. It was still labeled $40. Didn't see Xenoblade there.

How do you guys normally check for these deals? Is there an app to scan barcodes that people use instead of asking the sales associate?

Going back to Walmart this morning when they open.

I'm sure there won't be anything but empty shelves. But I'm hoping they will sell me the shelves for 3 cents each. :roll:
There were a few games left when I got there at 7 a.m. I usually go out hunting for action figures and Hot Wheels at that time anyway.

Rather than bother the employees, I just put every game that I wanted to check into a cart and wheeled them over to the wall scanner.

Here's what I found:

Batman The Telltale Series: Season Pass Disc (XB1) - 3 cents

Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition (PS3) - 3 cents

Starlink game box with the toys (PS4) - $5

World of Simulators (PS4) - $5

I also grabbed an extra ARK: Survival Evolved and The Sims 4 for PS4 since they were still there in the case with the $5 shelf tag just as they were the other night.

As you might expect, the popular Switch and 3DS games were all gone. It also appears that no one cares about PS4 games anymore.

My Walmart has everything labeled full price on the shelf and in app. I asked an employee if they could pull a few to scan at the register to double check the price, and they said they weren’t going to do that unless I was actually planning on buying them. Apparently “I’ll be buying them if they are clearanced” wasn’t a good enough answer for them. Guess I’ll just keep randomly checking!

Just following the thread and wow....I should’ve held off buying Tokyo Mirage last summer for $50 on a whim while I was at a Walmart. Grats to the people who were able to snag a copy for $10.

BTW you guys realize you can pull the Walmart app on your phone and scan the price tag through the glass and it'll tell you the price in store, right?

My Walmart has everything labeled full price on the shelf and in app. I asked an employee if they could pull a few to scan at the register to double check the price, and they said they weren’t going to do that unless I was actually planning on buying them. Apparently “I’ll be buying them if they are clearanced” wasn’t a good enough answer for them. Guess I’ll just keep randomly checking!
if the walmart app and brickseek show the instore price as full price then it shouldn't scan any differently.

it's walmart though so half the games probably don't have tags lol
The only one I saw without a tag this week was Octopath down in the bottom of the case. Another cheat is bring a partner with you or print off all the barcodes of the items you want, switch the store to the one you're at and scan the item on the app. It beats the "check in store for price" BS.

Did I do gud? 3DS and PS4 $5, Switch $10.[attachment=35204:20210123_113534.jpg]

Did I do gud? 3DS and PS4 $5, Switch $10.
attachicon.gif
20210123_113534.jpg
Yeah you did...if you plan on helping some of us unfortunate ones out by trading!

Went to a number of stores today. Some said sold out and some said stock. Had the best luck at the stores that said sold out. Found Tokyo :switch: ($5), Xenoblade :switch: ($10) and Quantic Dream :ps4: ($5).
Also found Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 :360: ($.03) and
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe :360: ($.03).

A lot of the other notable Nintendo ones have yet to drop at my stores, but did see a number of copies so should have a chance.
Same, strange thing was that on the 3ds the games I got were already marked to $5 (sticker said clearanced with today's date) they weren't in the brickseek system at all as far as being there.

Picked up the logitech g305 mouse and g240 mouse pad combo for $18. The deal was posted earlier but I had overlooked it at my store. It is in a tub type box and looks/labeled like it's mouse pad only in case anyone was having trouble finding it.

bread's done
Back