Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooo I found a store that said Xenoblade was $10 in the Walmart app while brickseek still said $50. Went to the store and sure enough, scored Xenoblade for $10 along with some $5 3ds games! Glad I caught it before brickseek updated because I definitely would’ve missed out if it had hit brickseek
Is this possible? Cause theres one store near me that is the only one that still has it for $50

They're few and far between in this area, but a fairly nearby store marked down Darksiders: Warmastered Edition on Switch to $0.03 today. The next nearest store that still has it is another 2 plus hours away.

I'd trade a digital code for Super Mario Odyssey in exchange for Xenoblade and Octopath (both). Message if interested.

EDIT: Got Xenoblade, so I would need something else in place of it.

Walmart that has the six plus was no good.

When I got there there was no sign of it not even a tag. I asked an employee and they told me everything was out. A second one butted in and looked at the game cover and said someone was there yesterday asking about it and they didn't have it then either.

I went to the meijer next door and it was sold out of paper mario too.

I'd trade a digital code for Super Mario Odyssey in exchange for Xenoblade and Octopath (both). Message if interested.
On digital game for two physical high quality games? Lol bruh

Shoot your shot king [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On digital game for two physical high quality games? Lol bruh

Shoot your shot king [emoji23]

One digital game worth $35-40 for two $10 games that some dude probably bought 5 of each from when he cleared out his local Walmart... yeah, I'm gonna give it a shot, alright. Kiss me mate. LMAO

SephirothWF gets it

One digital game worth $35-40 for two $10 games that some dude probably bought 5 of each from when he cleared out his local Walmart... yeah, I'm gonna give it a shot, alright. Kiss me mate. LMAO

SephirothWF gets it
I saw the trade and immediately checked to see if any stores had octopath still. No dice, but xenoblades did drop to $10 at my local store finally sometime in the past few hours.

Those 2 games cost $10 each. Mario Odyssey isn't on clearance and never cheaper than $40.

Don't be a jerk.
Most people that are selling or trading that code got it with the controller bundle for $70. So they got it for closer to $10-20 at most. Come on man. I’m not new here.

Most people that are selling or trading that code got it with the controller bundle for $70. So they got it for closer to $10-20 at most. Come on man. I’m not new here.

Who is to say I didn't pay $50 for Odyssey and $20 for the controller, if you so choose to divide it up that way? C'mon man, I'm not new here either. I'm trading a clearance game for two cheaper (or equal value) clearance games, and you out here whinging about it. Grow up mate, save this for people trying to actually pull the wool over people's eyes. What a pointless attempt at a call-out. I am trying to trade a Mario game, not Calvin Tucker's Redneck Jamboree or some other such shovelware nonsense.

Who is to say I didn't pay $50 for Odyssey and $20 for the controller, if you so choose to divide it up that way? C'mon man, I'm not new here either. I'm trading a clearance game for two cheaper (or equal value) clearance games, and you out here whinging about it. Grow up mate, save this for people trying to actually pull the wool over people's eyes. What a pointless attempt at a call-out.
Yeah man, a regular math genius right there. I did my part if people bite, that’s on them. That’s why I said shoot your shoot.

Yeah man, a regular math genius right there. I did my part if people bite, that’s on them. That’s why I said shoot your shoot.

OK Tapatalk, good talk. You really saved some poor sod from getting "ripped off" by me.

You guys rock - got a darksiders warmastered switch for $0.03 - showing OOS on brickseek, but was just sitting right there in the value switch games.

Anyone having an issue with brickseek stating a lower price than what’s in the store? Even after the item was scanned? For example, I was hoping to get sonic mania for switch for $0.03. Didn’t have a tag but it rang up as $14.96 when the employee scanned it with her phone. :whistle2:/

Brickseek shows the lowest that the item can go for. The thing is, your store probably didn't get around to doing markdowns in the store

I was just in a store checking for some markdowns by scanning on the app

I had multiple games that I was looking at and could see in stock, yet when I scanned them at that location the app said OOS

Anyone know what this issue might be? Possible markdown coming, or just a glitch in the system

Founds Sims 4 and Skyrim SE for $5 each. Going to stop by another tomorrow to see what's there.

Walmart barcode scanner on the app is pretty great. Can read it right through the glass.

I’ve not found any of the games on clearance. It seems like my store hasn’t clearanced many of them out yet. Even some of the 3DS games are still full price and not lowered.

I guess I’ll have to try to check brickseek every day or 2 in the hopes I can grab them once they do decide to drop the price.

Is there a specific day Wal Mart typically does price drops for clearance items?

If anyone has any extras they are looking to sell at a small profit send me a PM and let me know what you have.
Usually Monday or Tuesday, but there is so much clearance going on in so many different departments that prices could go down any weekday. Weekend markdowns are much rarer. Would just check brickseek every morning so you can catch the changed price first.

OK Tapatalk, good talk. You really saved some poor sod from getting "ripped off" by me.
What a person paid for a game doesn't dictate the value. eBay/secondary market value is what dictates the value. If someone is willing to trade you 2 games for Odyssey, good for you. But I'm not surprised elitewillie called you out on it.

That's why folks say keep the trading asks out of this thread...or keep it to posts about trading clearance titles for clearance titles.

I was just in a store checking for some markdowns by scanning on the app

I had multiple games that I was looking at and could see in stock, yet when I scanned them at that location the app said OOS

Anyone know what this issue might be? Possible markdown coming, or just a glitch in the system
I’ve had this happen a lot - but brickseek shows the accurate price. My store has 1 Kirby and 1 DK in stock in the case but the app shows not in stock and won’t scan (says try a different barcode or something like that). However it shows full price on brickseek which is what they ring up. (Brickseek also shows OOS).

Best I can broscience it over the past week - out of stock on brickseek seems to mean 0-1 in the store.

I wonder if the clearance will ever happen if even the store app doesn’t know it has inventory in the store.

So does the Walmart app only show the in-store price if you scan the tag on the shelf? I scan the barcode of a DVD at home just to check and it brought me to the walmart.com price and said store price may be different

So does the Walmart app only show the in-store price if you scan the tag on the shelf? I scan the barcode of a DVD at home just to check and it brought me to the walmart.com price and said store price may be different
Yes, the app sees when you’re in the actual store, and adjusts the barcode scanner to that specific store.

I bought a copy of Mario Party 3DS sealed on eBay. The resellers have flooded the market so hard with these clearance games they’re actually pushing them into a price point I would have bought it anyway in store ($19). For some of y’all striking out on titles you want it’s worth a look!

Went to two of the three Walmarts in Santa Clarita, CA and picked up the following:
38839880598fb3173e849adeb4278be9.jpg

All of the PS4 games were $5 (Rocket Arena was 3¢) and Xenoblade was $10; all of the games were either I tagged or marked at the normal price. Unfortunately, no luck with finding any of rarer $10 Switch games even though both stores were supposed to have multiple copies of them (or they rang up normal price). The electronics rep at one of them mentioned another guy came in the day before and bought a bunch of games, “including some that rang up for 3¢,” so I probably got beat out by another CAG or reseller. There’s one more local WM I need to check, but I don’t expect to find much there if Brickseek is to be believed, and the next closest stores that are supposed to have stock of stuff I’m looking for are a good 30+ miles away. Maybe I’ll take a Saturday and make it worth it sometime soon, but I can’t justify a trip like that right now.

Scored Quantic Collection (PS4) $5, Street Fighter 30th Ann. Collection (X1) $5,

Sealed games On Hand

Diablo Eternal Collection (X1) $5 

Xenoblade Chronicles (S) $10

Ni No Kuni (S) $10

Tokyo Mirage Fe (S) $10. 

Looking for sealed  Switch game for Trade

Octopatch Traveler (S)

Hyrule Warriors (S)

Arms (S)

Pokken Tournament DX (S)

Donkey Kong Country: Tropic Freeze (S)

Scored Quantic Collection (PS4) $5, Street Fighter 30th Ann. Collection (X1) $5,

Sealed games On Hand

Diablo Eternal Collection (X1) $5

Xenoblade Chronicles (S) $10

Ni No Kuni (S) $10

Tokyo Mirage Fe (S) $10.

Looking for sealed Switch game for Trade

Octopatch Traveler (S)

Hyrule Warriors (S)

Arms (S)

Pokken Tournament DX (S)

Donkey Kong Country: Tropic Freeze (S)
Would you sell that copy of Diablo?

Is there a forum or site with the general clearance deals outside of CAG? I frequent this website fairly often, but by the time I see those gaming deals + general item price drops posted, my local Walmarts stock drops instantly and I end up going to Walmart only to find that others have already grabbed up the stock.

Went to two of the three Walmarts in Santa Clarita, CA and picked up the following:
38839880598fb3173e849adeb4278be9.jpg

All of the PS4 games were $5 (Rocket Arena was 3¢) and Xenoblade was $10; all of the games were either I tagged or marked at the normal price. Unfortunately, no luck with finding any of rarer $10 Switch games even though both stores were supposed to have multiple copies of them (or they rang up normal price). The electronics rep at one of them mentioned another guy came in the day before and bought a bunch of games, “including some that rang up for 3¢,” so I probably got beat out by another CAG or reseller. There’s one more local WM I need to check, but I don’t expect to find much there if Brickseek is to be believed, and the next closest stores that are supposed to have stock of stuff I’m looking for are a good 30+ miles away. Maybe I’ll take a Saturday and make it worth it sometime soon, but I can’t justify a trip like that right now.
I used to live in Santa Clarita. I don't ever remember the Walmarts there being good locations for clearance loot. How times have changed.

Struck out on locating a copy of :ps4: Overwatch: LE or GOTY for $5 but found a Walmart with plenty of the WD Black 2 TB HDs for $17 each.  Grabbed a couple.  Wish the PS5 would support multiple external drives like Xbox does otherwise I would have picked up a couple more...  

What a person paid for a game doesn't dictate the value. eBay/secondary market value is what dictates the value. If someone is willing to trade you 2 games for Odyssey, good for you. But I'm not surprised elitewillie called you out on it.

That's why folks say keep the trading asks out of this thread...or keep it to posts about trading clearance titles for clearance titles.
Trading clearance titles for clearance titles is exactly what I'm attempting to do: Super Mario Odyssey was part of a clearance bundle before, and now Xenoblade and Octopath are on clearance too. Just a fact. If that sounds like a fair trade to you, the offer's on the table. If not, you can safely ignore it. All I know is, I don't think my Odyssey code for one single $10 game is a very good deal for me.

Not only that, but if you check post #12274 up there, I already had xanchui checking BrickSeek to see if he could make the trade. Seems like at least one person would've done it if they could've. The lesson learned today: next time I feel like making a trade and someone replies with a faux "callout" attempt, I'll just ignore them.

Was able to get myself a copy of Tokyo Mirage but the clearanced Xenoblades around me have all sold out. A few stores still have Xeno for full retail so I'm checking brickseek regularly to see if any of those stores will clearance it soon.

My store only had a boat load of Tokyo Mirage. I got some trade fodder and still left enough for every otaku within 100 miles. I feel like Walmart way overbought these.

Picked up Burnout Paradise remastered for Switch for $10. I think the only reason it was still there is because it was part of a huge pile at the bottom of the case. Didn’t seem like any other clearance games were in that pile though.

Went on a hunt for some $5 copies of Diablo that showed up at a sole store here. Couldn't find them, but did end up randomly finding Spyro and Sims 4 for $5 so mission failed successfully

Found a few games thanks to the posts. Also found an outrun 1up cabinet for 275. Didn't know they made them. My wife was so excited she had it loaded and ready to go before I could find any gems in the game case.

Cornelius, OR store didn't have much.  They had an endcap labeled clearance and they were all overpriced (e.g., Sekiro at $39).  They had 1 copy of Tokyo Mirage Session for Wii U for $39 as well.  The Wonderful 101 was $20.

The only thing I bought was Spyro PS4 for $5.  It was in the case alongside regular priced games.

As for this particular store, it's the first time I've been to it and it's super nice compared to all the other stores in the metro area.  They had separate half-height cases for Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo games, in separate aisles.

I did find a $9 Crayola Easel set for my 2.5 year old though!

I used to live in Santa Clarita. I don't ever remember the Walmarts there being good locations for clearance loot. How times have changed.
Trust me, it’s still terrible. I was just very fortunate this time as the vast majority of my Walmart clearance hunts end up with not even finding hay in the proverbial haystack. Their inventory counts are so off I always walk in expecting to be disappointed. BrickSeek is 100% correct for me in terms of pricing, though. It’s why I still try even if the stock shows none of few, cuz often the price of what I’m looking for is worth the short trip. Driving from here to Rosemead or Lancaster on a whim and a prayer, on the other hand...not so much.

Does brickseek work for locating Spyro for anyone? I've checked multiple zips in different states and every time it comes up no results found in your area.

Might check your Walmarts again today, one of mine hadn't marked anything down until today where now they have a bunch of the things posted ITT recently marked down. Quantic Dream, Sims, Spyro, Skyrim, etc. I checked literally yesterday and Quantic was full price, and today it was $5.

Do you think Walmart will ever clearance the Pokemon games? Sword/Shield or Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? Kinda feels like something they'll never clearance, but I used to think that about Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade.

Might check your Walmarts again today, one of mine hadn't marked anything down until today where now they have a bunch of the things posted ITT recently marked down. Quantic Dream, Sims, Spyro, Skyrim, etc. I checked literally yesterday and Quantic was full price, and today it was $5.

Do you think Walmart will ever clearance the Pokemon games? Sword/Shield or Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? Kinda feels like something they'll never clearance, but I used to think that about Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade.
i think clearancing pokemon sword/shield would be like clearancing botw and mario odyssey. not very likely until the system is dead.

My local Walmart marks things down at a trickle. They usually don't get the markdowns all you guys do, but I went Sunday and they had Maneater at $10 and the deluxe edition of Avengers for $60 which they didn't before.

The store the next town over had a few more. Bought Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning for $29, which isn't much of a discount but still. They had quite a few copies of it too so I'm sure it'll get marked down further if they don't get bought first.

bread's done
Back