Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Does brickseek work for locating Spyro for anyone? I've checked multiple zips in different states and every time it comes up no results found in your area.
Yeah, like KrayzieKMF says, at that point I’ll just pull up the barcode on my phone, find an in-store scanner or manager w/ the handheld scanner and see what it rings up for. Plan to do this later this week with a WM that supposedly has multiple Samsung TVs for $54 or less.

I understand to do that, I was just curious if others have had the same issue with that particular game when using brickseek.
Brickseek intermittently does do that for me with certain games, though it’s usually in the Target inventory checker, not Walmart’s. Out of curiosity, I checked both PS4 and XB1 and got the same message for the Spyro trilogy, so it’s not just you. I know sometimes that happens when the item gets delisted from the store’s website, but you can find both versions on WM.com. Not sure what’s going on there.

Might check your Walmarts again today, one of mine hadn't marked anything down until today where now they have a bunch of the things posted ITT recently marked down. Quantic Dream, Sims, Spyro, Skyrim, etc. I checked literally yesterday and Quantic was full price, and today it was $5.

Do you think Walmart will ever clearance the Pokemon games? Sword/Shield or Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? Kinda feels like something they'll never clearance, but I used to think that about Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade.
Ultra Sun and Moon are around $20 at Target. Some Sun but mostly Moon at the locations I saw.

My local WM finally dropped some games to clearance prices. I was able to pick up a couple more Xenoblades ($10), a couple copies of Aladdin/Lion King ($5) also picked up a copy of Codename steam for $1. Thornton road WM for any west side Georgia CAG's still has plenty. 

Picked up a couple extra copies of Tokyo Mirage Session for trade bait last night in Sacramento. Seems like quite a few Walmarts around still haven't dropped for Xenoblade and unfortunately Octopath has been picked over according to Brickseek. I'm still looking for both of those two though. 

I still have one copy of TMS left, looking to trade for Octopath. 

Was able to get myself a copy of Tokyo Mirage but the clearanced Xenoblades around me have all sold out. A few stores still have Xeno for full retail so I'm checking brickseek regularly to see if any of those stores will clearance it soon.
Success! I checked brickseek around 4pm today and the closest Walmart to me had finally dropped the price to $10. Finally got Xenoblade.

You might have better luck getting a digital copy of toad due to the recent walmart error. the physical clearance was pretty rare.
When I got an order in for that, the code they sent me was for DLC only so I'd rather have it physical. Plus I doubt anyone would be willing to sell the code for cost

I went back to the same Walmart that I always go to during lunch hour to find that elusive Tokyo Mirage #FE for Wii U that Brickseek said was in stock for $1, but I assume that it's somewhere on the floor in the back room because it wasn't out or in the Nintendo case. 

But, it wasn't a wasted trip because I found the following games:

Control (PS4) - $5

Doom 3 BFG (XB360) - 3 cents

Player's Unknown Battlegrounds (PS4) - $5

I bought all the games at the front register since there was no one to be found in electronics (big surprise), and the lady who rang me up didn't really give a damn about Doom being sold for 3 cents.  She looked pissed off because she was handling one of three lines by herself.

So, I'm still looking for Tokyo Mirage #FE for Wii U and hoping to trade for it.

I would have stayed longer to check game prices, but I didn't want to be late returning to work.  And I ended up being late anyway.

Anyone want a copy of Xenoblade? I'm still at Walmart and they have 4 copies. You just have to pay 10 plus shipping. Hurry before I leave!

How can we find Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze on clearance if the search doesn't result in anything on brickseek? The Walmart employee I asked to scan a couple price tags yesterday was a total dickhead about it.
I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but more and more games in the Walmart inventory seeker are starting to come up with the “no results found in your area” message when I know good and damn multiple local WMs have them in stock. DKCTF is one of them; three others that gave me the same error are :pS4: & :XB1: Spyro Trilogy and :switch: Kirby Star Allies. I get around it by using Brickseek to pull up the barcode on my phone and use the in-store scanner to bypass any jerk employees.

Use pickup option in Walmart app, if it's on clearance at certain stores, those certain stores will display clearance price.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
nah that doesn't work. Zero results found on brickseek for me = none available for store pickup on the app. And I know of at least two stores that have multiple copies on the shelf at full price.

I understand to do that, I was just curious if others have had the same issue with that particular game when using brickseek.

Brickseek intermittently does do that for me with certain games, though it’s usually in the Target inventory checker, not Walmart’s. Out of curiosity, I checked both PS4 and XB1 and got the same message for the Spyro trilogy, so it’s not just you. I know sometimes that happens when the item gets delisted from the store’s website, but you can find both versions on WM.com. Not sure what’s going on there.
Yeah, I have the same problem looking up Spyro Trilogy on Brickseek, as well as Ark: Survival Evolved (PS4 version).

nah that doesn't work. Zero results found on brickseek for me = none available for store pickup on the app. And I know of at last two stores that have multiple copies on the shelf at full price.
BS been funky with certain high demand item (not sure if it was intentional on BS part). If Walmart app doesn't bring up any stores with clearance price you might need to change zipcode and search around. My area got nothing, but my buddy in WA got a store that shown DK for $10

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

This is my haul of trade fodder:

Sims 4 Star Wars Xbox one
Over watch ps4
Spyro ps4
NHL 20 ps4
Diablo eternal ps4
NFS Hot Pursuit switch
Octopath Traveler
2 Captain Toad Switch (physical)
Xenoblade
2 Tokyo Mirage Switch

I’m looking for the following games for the Switch:

Donkey Kong
Sonic Mania Plus
Pokken
Dragon Quest Builders 2
Final Fantasy XII
Diablo III
Burnout Paradise
Witcher 3
South Park Fractured But Whole

Local store had 7 xenoblade and they just dropped to $10. They had the little clearance and $10 price sticker inside the case.

Edit: welp, they might be gone. Just saw my local el hordo walk up as I was paying for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Local store had 7 xenoblade and they just dropped to $10. They had the little clearance and $10 price sticker inside the case.

Edit: welp, they might be gone. Just saw my local el hordo walk up as I was paying for mine.

Which Store was that I might have been in the same store and witnessed it... (El Hoardo in Old man Stealth skin?)

Which Store was that I might have been in the same store and witnessed it... (El Hoardo in Old man Stealth skin?)
Nah mine is a really young kid. Wears socks and sandals (the fucking horror). He cleared out the Skyrims and Diablo 3 last week and wouldn’t let me get one of the diablos the little fucker.

Just checked the case and yup. He cleared them out.

Yeah got to the store at open today because Xenoblade finally dropped and was looking at games and waiting for an employee to wander in to electronics.. then bam Stealthy old man with kid and case keys grabs the whole stack of Xenoblades and Mario Maker 3DS since they were next to each other.... 6+ Xenoblades said hey can I get one of those and he just looked at me.... as he was led off to pay.... so frustrating

Yeah got to the store at open today because Xenoblade finally dropped and was looking at games and waiting for an employee to wander in to electronics.. then bam Stealthy old man with kid and case keys grabs the whole stack of Xenoblades and Mario Maker 3DS since they were next to each other.... 6+ Xenoblades said hey can I get one of those and he just looked at me.... as he was led off to pay.... so frustrating
Damn that’s rough. I didn’t even try with the kid when I wanted that Diablo cause he was being an asshole to the sales person.

My store has a lot of stuff that hasn’t dropped yet so I’m gonna monitor it daily and go to war with this el hordo.

I saw my xenoblade drop in price last night at around 10pm couldn’t go to the store cause we have a new baby so was hoping el hordo slept in. Glad he did and I was able to get one xenoblade.

Nah mine is a really young kid. Wears socks and sandals (the fucking horror). He cleared out the Skyrims and Diablo 3 last week and wouldn’t let me get one of the diablos the little fucker.

Hey, that was my nickname when I was a kid! I thought it was a family name. :shock:

Fyi. I google barcodes on my computer for games I'm interested in, then I scan it off the screen with the Walmart app on my phone. It seems to think you are in store if you can use the barcode scanner, so it shows the clearance price and if it is available in store. Works 99% of the time. Got ps4 spyro and quantic dream collection for $5 each.

Fyi. I google barcodes on my computer for games I'm interested in, then I scan it off the screen with the Walmart app on my phone. It seems to think you are in store if you can use the barcode scanner, so it shows the clearance price and if it is available in store. Works 99% of the time. Got ps4 spyro and quantic dream collection for $5 each.
This is absolute genius!

when you hit scan a barcode in the app theres a button in the top right that lets you manually enter a barcode #, so you can just pull the UPC from brickseek and enter it that way. literally just copy and paste

Have an extra Tokyo Mirage if anyone wants to trade for Xenoblade Chronicles. Just PM me (only established CAGs, so we can shit talk each other on here if anything goes south 😜).

Yeah that went on clearance about 3 or 4 months ago.

There's a store by me that has Octopath, Tokyo Massage Sessions and Xenoblade for full price and I'm just waiting for them to drop.

Yeah that went on clearance about 3 or 4 months ago.

There's a store by me that has Octopath, Tokyo Massage Sessions and Xenoblade for full price and I'm just waiting for them to drop.
Tokyo Massage Sessions... Whats really on your mind? :shock:

Yeah give it another day or two. They should drop.

bread's done
Back