Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
So what happens when the Walmart app itself says the item is out of stock even though I literally scanned the item in store? Any chance it will still drop?

Found a lone Mario Kart 7 and Captain Toad's at the Clinton, NC earlier today store for $5 each.

Just left the S Raeford Rd store in Fayetteville and they have 2 copies of Xenoblade for $10 along with several Tokyo Mirage Sessions for $10 and a lone copy for Wii U that I didn't price check. They also had several copies of Mario Kart 7 for $5.

So what happens when the Walmart app itself says the item is out of stock even though I literally scanned the item in store? Any chance it will still drop?
Yeah I find that the app is seemingly temperamental and will do that instead of showing a price sometimes. Just try scanning a few times and it should work most of the time.

Is there something I'm missing about resellers driving from store to store and buying all of these games up? I have checked eBay and noticed every clearance game from Walmart has dropped like a rock to the point where you barely make any money at all after shipping, fees, packaging materials, gas, time, opportunity cost, etc. You're arguably losing money on some of these games or making so little that it's literally a waste of time. In fact some of them are so low now that I'm buying some of the games that I couldn't find from Walmart from the scalpers. It's like they did a service for me. I pay them a few bucks extra for them to hunt down the games I want and I don't have to spend my entire day going to a store that I don't particularly care for (Walmart) and they make a buck or two after all of the other costs. A $5 clearance game from Walmart for $10 on eBay that I wanted and I don't have to hunt it down myself? Not complaining! I guess they make a few hundred bucks if they sell hundreds of games or did they all list the games when they were originally high and since so many people flooded the market the prices are now all low?
The only other game I am missing from the clearance would be Octopath, but that game seems to stay at around $30, which is the same price as my local Target.

Is there something I'm missing about resellers driving from store to store and buying all of these games up? I have checked eBay and noticed every clearance game from Walmart has dropped like a rock to the point where you barely make any money at all after shipping, fees, packaging materials, gas, time, opportunity cost, etc. You're arguably losing money on some of these games or making so little that it's literally a waste of time. In fact some of them are so low now that I'm buying some of the games that I couldn't find from Walmart from the scalpers. It's like they did a service for me. I pay them a few bucks extra for them to hunt down the games I want and I don't have to spend my entire day going to a store that I don't particularly care for (Walmart) and they make a buck or two after all of the other costs. A $5 clearance game from Walmart for $10 on eBay that I wanted and I don't have to hunt it down myself? Not complaining! I guess they make a few hundred bucks if they sell hundreds of games or did they all list the games when they were originally high and since so many people flooded the market the prices are now all low?
they will be higher later, rpg anime nerds practically guarantee it for half of these games

anime finds a way

Anyone with half a brain would wait until the supply dries up to some degree before they sell instead of trying to flip immediately when a million other people are doing the same. But yeah it works out great for people actually trying to buy games

Got me excited for a minute there, but I don’t see the prices on the 3DS games dropping to to that level (looking at Majorca’s mask & smash].

The only other game I am missing from the clearance would be Octopath, but that game seems to stay at around $30, which is the same price as my local Target.
Note that the target 50% off clearance ends this month so it will go back up in price.

I found need for speed and kirby today so that was a nice get. Hilariously the kirby scans as out of stock on the app. Also saw mario party top 100 but I didn't recall what price it was and it was scanning out of stock as well so I didn't feel like taking it up to check out. I went there because brickseek said 4+ ni no kunis were in stock but they were nowhere to be found sadly. I'd assume the stock checker was just broken for that game. I didn't see donkey kong but I wasn't particularly looking for it either. Did see a huge stack of tsubasa and one lady layton on the bottom of the case opposite door to the need for speed pile. Lady layton wasn't turning up in search for in store and didn't check tsubasa. Might just go back another time to do so.

Grabbed my $5 copy of Skyrim today. Thx guys I've been looking forward to playing it again with all the dlc
Glad you were able to find it. I tried one of my local stores that said they had it and couldn't find it in the case... and the electronics department was empty. Oh, well.

Note that the target 50% off clearance ends this month so it will go back up in price.

I found need for speed and kirby today so that was a nice get. Hilariously the kirby scans as out of stock on the app. Also saw mario party top 100 but I didn't recall what price it was and it was scanning out of stock as well so I didn't feel like taking it up to check out. I went there because brickseek said 4+ ni no kunis were in stock but they were nowhere to be found sadly. I'd assume the stock checker was just broken for that game. I didn't see donkey kong but I wasn't particularly looking for it either. Did see a huge stack of tsubasa and one lady layton on the bottom of the case opposite door to the need for speed pile. Lady layton wasn't turning up in search for in store and didn't check tsubasa. Might just go back another time to do so.
mario party top 100 will probably be $5. layton is prob $25 or $33

I noticed the phone app likes to do that out of stock at your location thing a lot... What I do then is just hit the start icon and select walmart.com and then scan again and it usually works then. If not then stalk a Blue Vest and harass them to scan it.

Since people are using this as an impromptu trading hub:

Want:

Hyrule Warriors DE

Arms

Samurai Shodown XB1/PS4

SF 30th Anniversary XB1/PS4

Majora's Mask 3DS

Have:

Xenoblade Chronicles DE

Aladdin/Lion King NSW
Mario Kart 7

Ocarina of Time 3DS

The SIms 4 PS4

Spyro Reignited Trilogy PS4

I live in Westmoreland County in PA and hit most of the Wal-Marts my way. Stopped at Greensburg, North Huntingdon, North Versailles and Blairsville. Also hit one near my work in Baden in Beaver County.

Baden had Spyro and Ark for $5 and Xenoblade Chronicles. I picked up a copy of Spyro for me and a coworker, Ark and (2) copies of Xenoblade (I left probably (3) there). The employee was pretty shocked at the prices. By the time I checked BS later that morning they were already wiped out  so I am guessing he scooped them up.

Blairsville had Skyrim and Friday the 13th for $5 and (1) of Xenoblade. 

Greensburg had a lot of old EA Sports for $.03. Bought a lot of those for new cases but they also had The Sims + Cats and Dog for $.03. Also had The Sims and Jeopardy/Wheel of Fortune for $5.  Got a copy of Tokyo Mirage there so I was happy.

North Huntingdon was pretty wiped out and North Versailles had a copy of Skyrim for $5. 

Long story short, most of them are pretty wiped out but the prices still keep fluctuating as at least out my way things are still being clearanced so it's still worth checking out if you're in the area.

Found the Spiro trilogy for $5 at the West Mason Walmart in Green Bay. They had one copy on the clearance endcap marked at $5, and a couple in the case tagged at regular price.

I'm surprised people still finding these games still on shelves, I figured BY now... It all would have been cleaned out everywhere

I'm surprised people still finding these games still on shelves, I figured BY now... It all would have been cleaned out everywhere
im not surprised. every store i go to almost never change the video game price tags instore so unless you know the deal before hand or you manually scan the game through the glass, then most will never know of the changes. also around where i am its rare to see people buy games. sure you see the consoles getting bought like crazy but rare to see games bought.

also covid.

im not surprised. every store i go to almost never change the video game price tags instore so unless you know the deal before hand or you manually scan the game through the glass, then most will never know of the changes.
Yep, every store I personally go to is like this. Tags are rarely up to date, and a lot of games won't even have a price tag. There is a whole freaking row in the PS4 case at my local store that just has games with no tag at all. Only people really on the lookout for deals even know about most of these price drops.

Though I don't mind really lol, makes it easier to buy games a lot of the time.

Yep, every store I personally go to is like this. Tags are rarely up to date, and a lot of games won't even have a price tag. There is a whole freaking row in the PS4 case at my local store that just has games with no tag at all. Only people really on the lookout for deals even know about most of these price drops.

Though I don't mind really lol, makes it easier to buy games a lot of the time.
ive never seen one without atleast price tags. granted my main walmart can be very bad about putting games in the right spot every so often. got excited when i saw a bunch normally $60 switch games like mario and zelda for $30 only to realize the employee just put them wherever in the case.

I’ve been to 8 Walmart’s around here. Went as Tokyo Mirage went down to $10 on brickseek, showing stock. Never even seen a tag for the game.

ive never seen one without atleast price tags. granted my main walmart one can be very bad about putting games in the wright spot every so often. got excited when i saw a bunch normally $60 switch games like mario and zelda for $30 only to realize the employee just put them wherever in the case.
yeah i thought i saw mua 3 for $30 but it was a tag for some other game

I have a spare Octopath and Ni No Kuni. Looking for Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Xenoblade Chronicles.

Edit: Looking for both in the same trade.

Went to a store that apparently got more copies of Spyro. Went and they were back up to $30. Employees tells me they got more on the truck and made them become active no longer clearance

The thing is, every day new locations are just putting the games on clearance, hence the YMMV nature. Several stores in my area just added them over the last few days and several more still have them at full price.

A store finally lowered the price on Tokyo Marriage and Xenogears Chronicles. I looked around and around and only found Xenogears and Spyro for 5 bucks. Couldn't find TMS and even now, looking on brickseek it still says 2-3 in stock. Either it's wrong or they've been misplaced.

In non-vidgame clearance news, the Dungeons & Dragons nano metalfigs seem to be getting dumped everywhere:

Beholder 5 pack - $3
Drizzt/mind flayer starter pack - $1

A store finally lowered the price on Tokyo Marriage and Xenogears Chronicles. I looked around and around and only found Xenogears and Spyro for 5 bucks. Couldn't find TMS and even now, looking on brickseek it still says 2-3 in stock. Either it's wrong or they've been misplaced.
Xenoblade chronicles. If you found xenogears then holy crap you are going to make some money off of those.

I show my store has copies of Tropical Freeze, but on Brickseek I get a message that there are none in my area. Does those normally ring up at the clearance price or full price?

Same for me.  I have 4 stores in my area where I know they have a bunch in stock but Brickseek shows none.  However, I pull up the bar code for it from Brickseek's page and scan it on my phone using the Walmart app to check inventory and price at each of those local stores and they all still show full price for me.

Went to a store that apparently got more copies of Spyro. Went and they were back up to $30. Employees tells me they got more on the truck and made them become active no longer clearance
I was told that last sentence when I went to a Walmart in New Jersey Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to 2 Walmart’s in Miami, complete waste of time. No games, of course no one speaks English so scrap the idea of asking someone to look.

fuck Walmart and fuck Brickseek.

Went to 2 Walmart’s in Miami, complete waste of time. No games, of course no one speaks English so scrap the idea of asking someone to look.

You just saved me a trip. I'm near West Kendall and was going to visit nearby locations during lunch

You just saved me a trip. I'm near West Kendall and was going to visit nearby locations during lunch

I went to the one on Flagler and 91, and Coral way and 84th. You might have luck in Kendall.

If anyone has an extra copy of Diablo Eternal for Switch and wants to sell one, drop me a PM plz. Thanks

I went to the one on Flagler and 91, and Coral way and 84th. You might have luck in Kendall.

If anyone has an extra copy of Diablo Eternal for Switch and wants to sell one, drop me a PM plz. Thanks
I'll keep an eye out and message you f I see something. Maybe there's a chance since it's so far west. I am.looking for Tokyo Mirage, really the only game I'm hopping to find

Wonder if they will put in a no trades posts button since it's getting to the point where there's more trade and begging posts than deal discussion let Alone links.

My closest Walmart had Octopath Traveler listed as $49.94 on Brickseek, with no stock available for the longest time.  Yesterday that price dropped to $10, with still no stock available.  Figured they probably dropped the price for a reason and there really was stock, so stopped in this morning and sure enough there was a lone copy in the cheap game section.  Picked that up along with a copy of Tokyo Mirage Sessions (Switch) that also just dropped to $10 yesterday.  They had a stack of Xenoblades at $50 still according to BS, so didn't even ask the clerk to get them out of the case.

Also had the clerk scan Ark (PS4) which wasn't coming up in Brickseek, but it rang up $30 so left it.

What I do is open up tabs with barcodes (link from brickseek) and just scan at the price checkers.This way you don't have to interact with the employees until you know which games you want from the case. 

I actually loved my time in Miami.

Decided to go sourcing once and was surprised that the workers didn't speak English. I was used to going into stores and people talking to me in Spanish first but didn't expect a major store to have no one also speak English. We end up finding someone to translate and all was good though.

I wasn't mad at it though, felt like I was in another country. Reminded me a lot of south of Manhattan (ChinaTown).

Next time, I would still ask someone for help. Never know someone doesn't speak English if you don't ask.

Wonder if they will put in a no trades posts button since it's getting to the point where there's more trade and begging posts than deal discussion let Alone links.
The deals have been posted. It is a good time for all. Revel in the festivities friend.

My time in south florida (31 years) and the west kendall location has been a gold mine since the Sega Saturn days (When walmart stopped selling saturn games, that location had all games for $5) And that continued until I left about 10 years ago. Haven't been to that location since. Florida City was always hit or miss and Doral was OK the moment something dropped (I worked 10 minutes away). Now I'm on the other side of the country and I would literally have to leave to check the second a deal pops up. If not, the local game store will go, buy them all out, and resell at MSRP

bread's done
Back