Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
The PS4 version of Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning is on trchavez's list as low as $7 but everywhere around me it's always been $33 or whatever, the normal price. Just noticed today at every store in my area it's $20 now so looks like it's getting more wide spread price drops for anyone interested.

Also, anyone ever looked up the price of DBZ Kakarot on brickseek? I always get no results found regardless of the zipcode I search for so it seems to be one of those bugged ones. It's one of those games at my store that is just sitting in the glass case with no price tag so I've been curious what the actual price is.

Also, anyone ever looked up the price of DBZ Kakarot on brickseek? I always get no results found regardless of the zipcode I search for so it seems to be one of those bugged ones. It's one of those games at my store that is just sitting in the glass case with no price tag so I've been curious what the actual price is.
It doesn't show anything on BS for me either, but its $20 on Walmart's site.

Went to three Walmarts in the Palmdale/Lancaster area today before the Super Bowl and completely struck out on every clearance item I was looking for: everything either rang up full price or was out of stock, despite Brickseek claiming otherwise on multiple games and TVs (stock wise, that is: it was always accurate on price). Almost ready to swear off Wally World shopping forever...until the next mega clearance event, that is. [emoji58][emoji19][emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to three Walmarts in the Palmdale/Lancaster area today before the Super Bowl and completely struck out on every clearance item I was looking for: everything either rang up full price or was out of stock, despite Brickseek claiming otherwise on multiple games and TVs (stock wise, that is: it was always accurate on price). Almost ready to swear off Wally World shopping forever...until the next mega clearance event, that is. [emoji58][emoji19][emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greetings fellow AVer! I did the same, went to all 3 out here looking for a Walmart exclusive Child’s Play Funko Pop that brickseek said was 6+ at all three stores. None of them had one out, the line in electronics to get help is a mile long, and needless to say I struck out. Each time I stepped foot inside the store I was reminded why I hate Walmart. Ended paying $20 shipped on eBay for a $8.78 funko. I was the idiot who wasted time and gas to save $12 😔

Found Owlboy Switch for 8.37 but it's weird: it had the tag they usually reserve for open box, but the item was sealed.

does anyone here pay for Brickseek?? if so is it worth the asking price?
For a few months last summer, and just recently during this last bout of clearance.

toska is right. It's really not worth it imo. The extended search radius is nice, but if you're checking in here on CAG regularly there's very little advantage to be gained by springing for premium.

For those mini arcades, odds are you aren't going to find them in the aisle anymore. During the Walmart clearance, i found MK, Tetris and Fix it Felix, along with Oregon Trail crammed among the stuff that were stacked at the top of the shelves with the overstock.

Mrs. Hordio spotted buying up all the $1.35 Old Spice mild body wash

3-E8723-C4-581-E-4-EEF-AD0-D-501-D2977-F7-AC.jpg

She could be buying and donating it to shelters. We don't know. Saw a guy buying tons of stuff animals to donate, and apparently he does it every year.

Most couponers that I know buy up stock for themselves (as you might as well have enough to last a few years) and also donate extras to local churches / food banks. Don't just assume people are hoarding stuff, it will get used by their family or those in need. Unless you think there is a huge market for selling old spice now.

I picked through the personal care section when I saw all of the clearance tags the other week. I scoured up and down, and all I got to show for it was a Walmart brand body wash for a quarter. And it was coconut scented. I still purchased it, since I have no shame.

Mrs. Hordio spotted buying up all the $1.35 Old Spice mild body wash

3-E8723-C4-581-E-4-EEF-AD0-D-501-D2977-F7-AC.jpg
So what? Somehow I doubt that there is a big market for flipping body wash. I've bought a ton of deodorant before that was on clearance as well for example because it was so dang dirt cheap. Lasted me a real long time and didn't go to waste.

Just think seeing its that cheap could possibly be buying it to then donate it.... I love how people just post and spew nonsense without knowing the potential truth.

For something like this, I can abide by it even if it's not for donation. I bought 30 cheapo bars of soap for 3 cents a pop at a supermarket closing almost 10 years ago. I'm still using it to this day. If it's going to be used, not wasted and not weakly resold, something like this is ok.

For something like this, I can abide by it even if it's not for donation. I bought 30 cheapo bars of soap for 3 cents a pop at a supermarket closing almost 10 years ago. I'm still using it to this day. If it's going to be used, not wasted and not weakly resold, something like this is ok.
Sounds similar. I bought over 100 wet cat food cans for 3 cents each. I don't have a cat, but my friend just got one so I shipped her 30 of them. I donated the rest to my local animal shelter.

More aligned with you, I bought 10 or so 70ct tide pods for $3/each. That was 4 years ago, I still haven't used them all but I definitely haven't paid for detergent in that time either.

If you have the opportunity to buy quality essentials cheaply and in bulk, you'd be foolish not to regardless of why.

Anyways, here's another set of clearance items.

$1.35 Old Spice Ultra Smooth Moisturizing Face & Body Wash, Clean Slate, 16 oz.

$0.85c Old Spice Ultra Smooth Gentle Body & Beard Wash, Smooth Finish, 16 oz.

$7.50 Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition, 2K, PlayStation 4, 710425574955

$1 RollerCoaster Tycoon World, Atari, PC, 853575005747

$0.25c Dawn Ultra Dishwashing Liquid Dish Soap, Original Scent, 7 fl oz

$9 Ozark Trail 7-Person 2-in-1 Screen House Connect Tent, with 2 Doors

$9 Mainstays 1500W 3-Speed Electric Fan-Forced Space Heater with Adjustable Thermostat, White

$19 Mainstays 14'' Oscillation Dish Heater, Black Finish, JHS-800H

$21.60 Louisville Ladder 7’ Fiberglass Step Ladder, 225-lb Capacity, W-3215-07

$0.75c Hostess Valentine Heart Shaped Ding Dong Cakes, 8 count, 9.31oz Box

$1 Pop-Tarts Pretzel, Breakfast Toaster Pastries, Cinnamon Sugar, 12 Ct, 20.3 Oz

$5 Bell Vert 2.0 Bike Helmet, Dark Titanium, Adult 14+ (54-61 cm)

$99 Mongoose Alert Mag Wheel Bike, 21-speed, 24-inch wheels, suspension fork, linear pull brakes, ages 8 and up, Orange, boys sizes

$2 Batman 12-Inch Rebirth Tactical Batman Action Figure

$3 Bakugan, Battle Pack 5-Pack, Darkus Hydorous and Aurelus Gargarnoid, Collectible Cards and Action Figure Sets, for Ages 6 and Up

$5 Robo Alive Ferocious Fire Dragon Battery-Powered Robotic Toy by Zuru

$20 Cosco Easy Elite All-in-1 Convertible Car Seat, Wilder

bread's done
Back