Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds similar. I bought over 100 wet cat food cans for 3 cents each. I don't have a cat, but my friend just got one so I shipped her 30 of them. I donated the rest to my local animal shelter.

More aligned with you, I bought 10 or so 70ct tide pods for $3/each. That was 4 years ago, I still haven't used them all but I definitely haven't paid for detergent in that time either.

If you have the opportunity to buy quality essentials cheaply and in bulk, you'd be foolish not to regardless of why.

Anyways, here's another set of clearance items.

$1.35 Old Spice Ultra Smooth Moisturizing Face & Body Wash, Clean Slate, 16 oz.
$0.85c Old Spice Ultra Smooth Gentle Body & Beard Wash, Smooth Finish, 16 oz.

$7.50 Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition, 2K, PlayStation 4, 710425574955
$1 RollerCoaster Tycoon World, Atari, PC, 853575005747

$0.25c Dawn Ultra Dishwashing Liquid Dish Soap, Original Scent, 7 fl oz

$9 Ozark Trail 7-Person 2-in-1 Screen House Connect Tent, with 2 Doors
$9 Mainstays 1500W 3-Speed Electric Fan-Forced Space Heater with Adjustable Thermostat, White
$19 Mainstays 14'' Oscillation Dish Heater, Black Finish, JHS-800H
$21.60 Louisville Ladder 7’ Fiberglass Step Ladder, 225-lb Capacity, W-3215-07

$0.75c Hostess Valentine Heart Shaped Ding Dong Cakes, 8 count, 9.31oz Box
$1 Pop-Tarts Pretzel, Breakfast Toaster Pastries, Cinnamon Sugar, 12 Ct, 20.3 Oz

$5 Bell Vert 2.0 Bike Helmet, Dark Titanium, Adult 14+ (54-61 cm)
$99 Mongoose Alert Mag Wheel Bike, 21-speed, 24-inch wheels, suspension fork, linear pull brakes, ages 8 and up, Orange, boys sizes

$2 Batman 12-Inch Rebirth Tactical Batman Action Figure
$3 Bakugan, Battle Pack 5-Pack, Darkus Hydorous and Aurelus Gargarnoid, Collectible Cards and Action Figure Sets, for Ages 6 and Up
$5 Robo Alive Ferocious Fire Dragon Battery-Powered Robotic Toy by Zuru

$20 Cosco Easy Elite All-in-1 Convertible Car Seat, Wilder
Pop tart pretzels? What can't science do?

pretzel poptarts i guess look like what i expected them to?  never seen em in stores though.

a8b75696-b15b-4012-9af3-454254c6b501-pretzel-poptarts.jpeg

Seems like they'd be kind of dry, even compared to other Pop-Tarts. Kelloggs needs to get a handle on the variety of Pop-Tarts available... they're reaching Nabisco levels of culinary hubris. Remember cookies and cream Oreos? They made an Oreo flavored Oreo. Just in case you thought regular Oreos didn't taste enough like Oreos.

pretzel poptarts i guess look like what i expected them to? never seen em in stores though.

a8b75696-b15b-4012-9af3-454254c6b501-pretzel-poptarts.jpeg
I remember earlier last year Sams Club was clearance out the big 36 variety boxes of these for like $3 each. They were pretty good, but nothing to write home about. I'm guessing they did not sell well at all

Yeah, the poptart pretzels need to be fresh as possible to be palatable out of the wrapper. Once they dry out, you have to heat them up or they are hard and dry.

I found some of the Chocolate Churro flavor at Dollar Tree. They're okay, but the ones I had were probably pretty old because they were dried out.
Nah, those are all like that.

I found the Pretzel and Churro ones at Dirt cheap for 30 cents (for an 18 box).

The cinnamon pretzel ones were okay, but if I had a choice.... well.... I have like 10-15 other flavors I’d rather have.

the walmart threat sure goes sideways sometimes but I think discussing which pop tarts are palatable when cold and the existential hell of deliberating over 16 pop tart choices as if the choice must be made is going to be hard to top

Gaming deals are slim but here are some more deals. As usual, check our the discord for daily shares and selling advice (members kicked for inactivity). 

$1 LEGO Jurassic World, Warner, Xbox One, 883929472727

$4 Cokem International Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare Great Hits

$3 Tales from The Borderlands, 2K, Xbox One, 710425497384

$100 Sony Black DSC-H300/B Digital Camera with 20.1 Megapixels and 35x Optical Zoom

$50 KODAK PIXPRO FZ152 Compact Digital Camera - 16MP 15X Optical Zoom HD 720p Video (Black)

$299 Apple Watch Series 5 GPS, 40mm Silver Aluminum Case with White Sport Band - S/M & M/L

$40 Razer Power Up Bundle – Cynosa Lite Viper Kraken X Lite

$3.75 Oral-B Pro Health Gum Care, Battery Powered Toothbrush

$12 GLEEM Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Midnight Black

$25 Oral-B Smart 3000 Electric Toothbrush, Rechargeable, Black

$25 Philips sonicare diamondclean smart 9300 electric, rechargeable toothbrush for complete oral care 93

$0.05c Gleem Electric Toothbrush, Rechargeable, Soft Bristles, Pearl White

$25 Oral-B Genius 6000 Rechargeable Toothbrush, Rose Gold

$0.75c Oral-B Pro 1500 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush, Rechargeable Battery

$47.55 Oral-B Genuis 8000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Black

$10 - $50 Blackstone 17" Tabletop Griddle With Stainless Steel Front

$3.75 Outdoor Products Weekender Backpack, Tan

$1.50 Yankee Candle Cranberry Chutney - Original Large Jar Scented Candle

$1.50 Yankee Candle Home Sweet Home - Original Large Jar Scented Candle

$5.25 Auto Drive Heavy Duty Universal 4-Piece All Weather Rubber Car Floor Mats

Recently, I found Diablo 3 & Arms on Switch, $10.

Same store had PS4 Sackboy for $20, I'd treat this as extremely YMMV.

Also found a store w/X1 Street Fighter 30th $5 & X1 Battlefield 1 Revolution edition for .03

Recently, I found Diablo 3 & Arms on Switch, $10.

Same store had PS4 Sackboy for $20, I'd treat this as extremely YMMV.

Also found a store w/X1 Street Fighter 30th $5 & X1 Battlefield 1 Revolution edition for .03
Did they have more than one copy of Sackboy? I've got some games I'd be up for trading.

For those mini arcades, odds are you aren't going to find them in the aisle anymore. During the Walmart clearance, i found MK, Tetris and Fix it Felix, along with Oregon Trail crammed among the stuff that were stacked at the top of the shelves with the overstock.
whats our best to find them then? Or where should we look?

Note: Over the weekend I went to 3 different Wal-Marts that all had 6+ showing as available stock in Brickseek and the MK Mini arcades were nowwhere to be seen in the stores, even the friendly wal-mart peeps that helped me look were flabbergasted, "but the system shows we have 8 in stock..." ect, ect

I got a lead on 2 more Wal-Marts, both in the h00d, and I mean straight h00d, with armed security in the lot..

So I guess, my chances might be really really good at finding em or maybe not...

appreciate any input or advise here!

oNe

Found a copy of Bravely Second End Layer for 3DS for $15 that was marked as $31.
I wonder if that store marked it back up in cost. I found it for $1 a month ago. Spyro for PS4 was $5, I bought 1 of 3 copies at a local store last month. A week ago the same store had the same 2 copies in stock and marked them back UP to $30. I went back to buy another copy for a friend as a gift, called a manager and all. They refused to sell it for the original price it was I bought weeks before. They had no answer how they can put a game in a clearance bin for 90% off then put it back on the shelf weeks later for full price.

I wonder if that store marked it back up in cost. I found it for $1 a month ago. Spyro for PS4 was $5, I bought 1 of 3 copies at a local store last month. A week ago the same store had the same 2 copies back in stock and marked them back UP to $30. I went back to buy another copy for a friend as a gift, called a manager and all. They refused to sell it for the original price it was I bought weeks before. They had no answer how they can put a game in a clearance bin for 90% off then put it back on the shelf weeks later for full price.
The interesting part about some of those games like Spyro is not only did the put them back to full price but they also restocked them. I thought the point of clearance was to clear out your inventory... so...? Not that I'm complaining hey, put things down to $5 randomly for no reason more often please.

whats our best to find them then? Or where should we look?

Note: Over the weekend I went to 3 different Wal-Marts that all had 6+ showing as available stock in Brickseek and the MK Mini arcades were nowwhere to be seen in the stores, even the friendly wal-mart peeps that helped me look were flabbergasted, "but the system shows we have 8 in stock..." ect, ect

I got a lead on 2 more Wal-Marts, both in the h00d, and I mean straight h00d, with armed security in the lot..

So I guess, my chances might be really really good at finding em or maybe not...

appreciate any input or advise here!

oNe
I was in Walmart last weekend looking for hot wheels stuff and all the individual cars were gone. Lots of empty shelves in the toy department so I assumed a seasonal reset since they were showing available via the app. Might be what impacted your stock as I assume they pull stuff to the back to reorganize or replace so you might want to check back to see if they hit the shelves again...

Bought two boxes of  Mobil 1 High-Milage 5W-20 Full Synthetic 12QT Boxes for $12.50. Just need to find a couple empty oil containers behind an auto store or repair shop to store them in at better measurements

From post #12607 found:

$5.25 Auto Drive Heavy Duty Universal 4-Piece All Weather Rubber Car Floor Mats

And about half the toothbrushes but they were no where near the clearance price

Still looking for $3.75 Outdoor Products Weekender Backpack, Tan & $1.50 Yankee Candle Home Sweet Home - Original Large Jar Scented Candle

The Walmart I was at had a ton of Xenoblade & Astral Chain @ full price, they never dropped to $10

Bought two boxes of Mobil 1 High-Milage 5W-20 Full Synthetic 12QT Boxes for $12.50. Just need to find a couple empty oil containers behind an auto store or repair shop to store them in at better measurements

From post #12607 found:

$5.25 Auto Drive Heavy Duty Universal 4-Piece All Weather Rubber Car Floor Mats

And about half the toothbrushes but they were no where near the clearance price

Still looking for $3.75 Outdoor Products Weekender Backpack, Tan & $1.50 Yankee Candle Home Sweet Home - Original Large Jar Scented Candle

The Walmart I was at had a ton of Xenoblade & Astral Chain @ full price, they never dropped to $10
astral chain seemed like one of those ymmv drops

What's the work around when buying a discounted phone when they tell you to purchase a plan with it again? I was just trying to purchase a replacement phone for my son's broken one.

What's the work around when buying a discounted phone when they tell you to purchase a plan with it again? I was just trying to purchase a replacement phone for my son's broken one.
If the phone is unlocked, you don't need a plan to buy it. Even if it's for a certain provider, you can pay it off in full there without a plan.

I don't know any work around other than telling them to ring it up either way. If it is for a provider phone, you need to get the phone department to do it (usually just one person there in the mornings - 2PM can do it).

One WM has FF7 remake for 20 and a couple others have them for 30 and they still aren’t moving em. What do you think they will get down to? I would prob bite at 10 for sure and maybe even 15.

Couple stores restocked or just found some random copies of Xenoblade DE and Octopath and they are full price again.

One WM has FF7 remake for 20 and a couple others have them for 30 and they still aren’t moving em. What do you think they will get down to? I would prob bite at 10 for sure and maybe even 15.

Couple stores restocked or just found some random copies of Xenoblade DE and Octopath and they are full price again.
FF7 Remake is one of the PS Plus games for March. so doesn't seem like they will have an increase in sales. Should drop to that low given enough time

If the phone is unlocked, you don't need a plan to buy it. Even if it's for a certain provider, you can pay it off in full there without a plan.

I don't know any work around other than telling them to ring it up either way. If it is for a provider phone, you need to get the phone department to do it (usually just one person there in the mornings - 2PM can do it).
Thanks.

FF7 Remake is one of the PS Plus games for March. so doesn't seem like they will have an increase in sales. Should drop to that low given enough time
But in order to get the ps5 upgrade you will need a physical copy or buy the game digitally outside of plus. Do 20 isn't bad for a ps5 upgrade

I was in Walmart last weekend looking for hot wheels stuff and all the individual cars were gone. Lots of empty shelves in the toy department so I assumed a seasonal reset since they were showing available via the app. Might be what impacted your stock as I assume they pull stuff to the back to reorganize or replace so you might want to check back to see if they hit the shelves again...
thanks for the input.. but it was a no go.. Found 3 more Wal-Marts that per Brickseek said they had 7+ units of the MK cabs but nowhere to be seen on the floor, top "overstock" shelves, or the clearance sections.. 2 of the stores, the associates seemed nice enuff to care, and I asked for help and they made a seemingly good faith effort but came back to tell me they are gone..

thats 6 stores for me, and about 2-3 hours time, so its safe to safe I ain't gonna find one..

Truth be told, I'm one of those who LIVE FOR THE HUNT, rather than actually getting the item, and maybe I'm jus gettin old, but none of these were any fun. I think i'm done chasing overstock man, sh@Tz been more MISS than a hit for a long time now..

Anyone else?

oNe

By the way, has anyone seen the new Hot Wheels toy based on Tommy Pickles from Rugrats? Just look it up; I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Another set of random clearance, enjoy!

$1 - $5 Need for Speed, Electronic Arts, Xbox One, 014633733853

$15 American Ninja Warrior, Gamemill, Nintendo Switch, 856131008053

$10 Funcom Conan Exiles Day One Edition, Maximum Games, Xbox One, 816819014967

$19.93 Far Cry 5 Deluxe Edition, Ubisoft, Xbox One, 887256028992

$4 Grand Theft Auto V, Rockstar Games, PlayStation 3, 710425471254

$15 Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris, Bandai Namco, PlayStation 4, 722674121965

$45 Razer Naga Trinity: RGB Chroma Enable - Gaming Mouse

$199 Apple Watch Series 5 GPS + Cellular, 40mm Gold Aluminum Case with Pink Sand Sport Band - S/M & M/L

$154 Apple Watch Series 5 GPS, 40mm Silver Aluminum Case with White Sport Band - S/M & M/L

$25 Philips WiFi Streaming Blu-Ray and DVD Player - BDP2501/F7

$17 Motorola Verizon Wireless e5 Go 16GB Prepaid Smartphone, Black

$7.20 Nerf Fortnite SMG-E Blaster - 6-Dart Clip, 6 Official Nerf Elite Darts

$13.45 Nerf Rival Charger MXX-1200 Motorized Blaster, Includes 24 Rounds

$9 LEGO City People Pack - Fun Fair 60234 Toy Fair Building Set (183 Pieces)

$2 Way To Celebrate Valentine's Day Sloth Plush, 23"

$150 Shark ION™ Robot Vacuum, Wi Fi Connected, Works with Google Assistant, Multi Surface Cleaning, Carpets, Hard Floors (RV750)

$30 Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 6300 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, HX6463/50

$2.85 Crest 3D Whitestrips Professional Express Teeth Whitening Strips, 14 Strips

$11.20 Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitening Teeth Strips Kit, 40 Treatments (2 Pack)

$0.65 Gleem Electric Toothbrush, Rechargeable, Soft Bristles, Pearl White

$12.50 Gleem Electric Toothbrush, Rechargeable, Soft Bristles, Aqua Blue

$2.70 NUTRO WHOLESOME ESSENTIALS Natural Dry Cat Food, Indoor Cat Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe, 3 lb. Bag

$0.15 Friskies Gravy Wet Cat Food, Extra Gravy Chunky With Turkey in Savory Gravy, 5.5 oz. Can

$8.25 Ozark Trail Li-Ion Rechargeable Camouflage Spotlight

$31 Ozark Trail 12' x 12' Straight Leg Canopy for Camping

$30 GoPower Plus 45000 mAh Emergency Power Station

$72 Ozark Trail 14' x 14' Instant Lighted Canopy for Camping

$16 Coleman 4-Person Dome Tent

$20 Ozark Trail Outdoorsman Single-Wall Hybrid 4 Person Camping Tent

$27 Hyper Tough Electric Pressure Washer 1800PSI Ideal for Car Wash Rugged Steel Fram, Red Black

$36.50 Campbell Hausfeld 8 Gallon Portable Oil-Free Air Compressor (AC080100)

$5 SPRI Non-Skid Core Exercise Board

$25.95 Crossfire Golf Set Child 6 Pc

$11 Better Homes & Gardens Spice Grid Area Rug

Candles, rugs and comforters are also on sale for 70% - 90%. YMMV of course of which ones and price though. Scan sherpa comforter sets, most of those should be discounted.

I drove to friggin' Neenah because it looked like they  had 6+ of those Nerf guns in stock. Someone musta got to them at opening (or else stock count was way off) because they did not by the time I got there. Womp womp.

I drove to friggin' Neenah because it looked like they had 6+ of those Nerf guns in stock. Someone musta got to them at opening (or else stock count was way off) because they did not by the time I got there. Womp womp.
did you check brickseek when you got there? one store near me still shows 6+ projectors as they have no idea where they are lol

Anyone have bad experience ordering online from Walmart? I ordered 2 switch games. Was scheduled to be delivered today but it's been stuck on delay from FedEx since Feb 23. No updates.

I drove to friggin' Neenah because it looked like they had 6+ of those Nerf guns in stock. Someone musta got to them at opening (or else stock count was way off) because they did not by the time I got there. Womp womp.
I guess you can say it really was nerf or nothing..... I'll see myself out

bread's done
Back