Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone want to speculate who this is and why said fool decided to include me in a foolish pm? [attachment=35466:280D7FE5-48EC-46C3-BF52-0DA376A14B53.jpeg]

Went to another store and I'm seconds too late

bKyphTa.jpg
Just say, "Whoa look over there!" When he looks, grab a handful of titles and run.

Thing is, I never exchanged with the cat before. That’s why I’m confused. I’ll never respond to that directly but it was an interesting ”PM” to receive I’d say. I didn’t have any discussion about the content of his PM either. Weird

Went to my local yesterday, low & behold the entire game section had been organized and cleaned up.  Everything was now in view, labeled, & priced.  No more half of a title over here and half over there or stacks of games with spines facing the wall so you can't tell what they are or stuff hiding behind larger product.  All it took was the threat of some .03 cent games for them to finally do it. LOL

All of the .03 I know they had titles were removed, save a couple of copy of Plants vs Zombies I noticed they missed.  I was hoping for a copy of Untitled Goose game but didn't really have any expections of getting one.  Though my hopes for the 10 plus copies of Tokyo Mirage that they had in a bargain bin before pulling them to the back right when they started to go on clearance and have been sitting there since, will not be coming back out as they to were adjusted to .03 :bs:

If it’s 3 cents and you want it, steal it. That’s your only option now ‍♂.
Imagine how the headline would appear in the news: "Man caught stealing [X * 3] cents worth items from Walmart and arrested." :rofl:

Anyone want to speculate who this is and why said fool decided to include me in a foolish pm?
attachicon.gif
280D7FE5-48EC-46C3-BF52-0DA376A14B53.jpeg
My first thought would be that if one actually spends money out of their own pocket to send a certified letter then it seems to me that they 'lose'. Also, if they have nothing better to do than to follow through on the intention of becoming a snitch to some soulless corporation that I'm sure engages in various unethical practices on a daily basis (as they routinely do) as well as to message some random person out of left field to spew their stupid rant at them then they need to A) rethink their priorities and B) get a life.

IATCG must be getting pretty lonely because he's sending me private messages on new accts complaining about other peoples issues with finding 3c games and how CA state law works (I'm in Florida...) lol.
I was getting penny guide messages from him for awhile a couple months ago. lol

Thing is, I never exchanged with the cat before. That’s why I’m confused. I’ll never respond to that directly but it was an interesting ”PM” to receive I’d say. I didn’t have any discussion about the content of his PM either. Weird
Had the exact same reaction myself. Someone said he took one of my link dump posts and put it on SlickDeals once, but I’m told he gave me credit (and most of those links weren’t my personal finds, anyway), so I didn’t even think twice about it. I’ve literally never interacted with him before, so to see that PM more more confusing than anything else.

Shoutout to the people who mentioned the Logitech mouse deal, I needed a new mouse and luckily the store by my house had lots. I haven't plugged it in yet but it feels niiiiice (especially for $20)

I would have thought IATCG would want walmart to lose a bunch of money since they fucked him on that bike return video simply because they were gonna scratch off the bike on the receipt. You know, a procedure they do for every return every time you return something, but his sad self  wouldnt let them do it and he still wanted a refund.

I dont think he did anything. He just wants people to think he did. So that people start talking about him and he gets to rub one out to people mentioning the penny guides he ruined, ....because others were getting them and he wasnt.

Now that I believe he would do. Complain that he should get them since others were and they cock blocked everyone which wasnt his intention. Thats what happened with the penny guides. He got them killed not because he wanted to be a dick, but because he couldnt get them. Sad pathetic man.

I should hope someone is collecting intel on me and sending it to Walmart I am sure they are very interested in my Posts On The Internet

The last 3 cent games I got were Xbox 360 games like Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and Sims 3. Came early in the morning when they hadn't even finished putting the 3 cent price tags on them. Shame.

Sorry if this has been discussed before...been away for awhile.

I found several 3 cent games today on Brickseek but noticed a new disclaimer that these games are “restricted”. Never seen that on Brickseek before. Is this just them or is this something that’s been communicated from the retailers, like Walmart?

Interestingly, these games are indeed coming up for 3 cents on the Walmart app and there’s even an option to add them to your cart. But when I try, it bounces out from the cart immediately. Weird. Wondering if that whole 3 cent thing is a thing of the past now. Anyone had success lately? I’m reading here that a lot of Walmart’s are removing the 3 cent games from shelves...but what are they being re-marked as?
[attachment=35467:3B6E5B0B-EFFA-4963-AFAB-2F67C26D9A4C.jpeg]
[attachment=35468:C922232C-18FA-465A-91E4-915C721774D5.jpeg]

Sorry if this has been discussed before...been away for awhile.

I found several 3 cent games today on Brickseek but noticed a new disclaimer that these games are “restricted”. Never seen that on Brickseek before. Is this just them or is this something that’s been communicated from the retailers, like Walmart?

Interestingly, these games are indeed coming up for 3 cents on the Walmart app and there’s even an option to add them to your cart. But when I try, it bounces out from the cart immediately. Weird. Wondering if that whole 3 cent thing is a thing of the past now. Anyone had success lately? I’m reading here that a lot of Walmart’s are removing the 3 cent games from shelves...but what are they being re-marked as?
attachicon.gif
3B6E5B0B-EFFA-4963-AFAB-2F67C26D9A4C.jpeg
attachicon.gif
C922232C-18FA-465A-91E4-915C721774D5.jpeg
Look at the last two pages. They are now locked out at checkout. If you try and ring up a 3 cent game, the register will not allow checkout.

Look at the last two pages. They are now locked out at checkout. If you try and ring up a 3 cent game, the register will not allow checkout.
Thx...I did skim the last coupla pages but missed the part about them being locked out at checkout...just saw that some 3-centers were being removed from shelves/bins. That's an awful shame...hoped some might slip through the cracks or be on a YMMV situation. Oh well...was fun while it lasted. Wonder what they are going to do with the 3-cent games...mark them back up again or just get rid of them?

Control, Wolfenstien, Midevil, samurai showdown, LA Noire (Switch), Fallout 76 (like 15 copy’s of the steelbook), Motocross, Star Fox (Wii U) all for .03!!!

Got Sims combo pack for the wife normally $40, clearance for $10
I have another receipt when I went back and found more games for .03. Employee told me it was “restricted to sell”, but he was cool and did an override. 🔥
.[attachment=35476:FBDC6964-444B-40B9-9882-763BDD629BE9.jpeg][attachment=35475:BD36459F-AEE1-422F-8AF1-F8E138BFDCE7.jpeg][attachment=35474:5AE7606C-3340-43BF-80A0-756FD985B86C.jpeg]

Control, Wolfenstien, Midevil, samurai showdown, LA Noire (Switch), Fallout 76 (like 15 copy’s of the steelbook), Motocross, Star Fox (Wii U) all for .03!!!

I have another receipt when I went back and found more games for .03. Employee told me it was “restricted to sell”, but he was cool and did an override.
attachicon.gif
FBDC6964-444B-40B9-9882-763BDD629BE9.jpeg
attachicon.gif
BD36459F-AEE1-422F-8AF1-F8E138BFDCE7.jpeg
attachicon.gif
5AE7606C-3340-43BF-80A0-756FD985B86C.jpeg
Lucky duck.

I have another receipt when I went back and found more games for .03. Employee told me it was “restricted to sell”, but he was cool and did an override. 🔥
. FBDC6964-444B-40B9-9882-763BDD629BE9.jpeg BD36459F-AEE1-422F-8AF1-F8E138BFDCE7.jpeg 5AE7606C-3340-43BF-80A0-756FD985B86C.jpeg
Wait, so 3 cent games live on?!?

Wait, so 3 cent games live on?!?
Yea, Fallout on PS4, motocross and Sims ($10 from $40) he sold me initially.

However the Xbox version someone already pulled them from the shelves so he couldn’t give me those.

Then i went back and started scanning any games that had a weird sticker or clearance sticker and was able to find a bunch more games. However these other titles were giving him that “error message” that the games were to be pulled from the shelves and not sold, but the guy told me he would honor it for me since i took the 30 mins in the store to scan all the games and rang them up manually as just like “electronic item .03¢”

I went to 2 walmarts to buy $0.03 Nintendo Switch games and both told me they were recalled and they were getting an error message saying "Do not sell" when ringing up. Does anybody know more about this? Will other stores start pulling the games as well? I tried to get Dragon Quest Builders 2, Blood Stained Ritual of the Night, Daemon X Machina, and Untitled Goose Game. One store also had a box of about 30 copes of Rage 2 for Xbox One that was the same situation when ringing up

I went to 2 walmarts to buy $0.03 Nintendo Switch games and both told me they were recalled and they were getting an error message saying "Do not sell" when ringing up. Does anybody know more about this? Will other stores start pulling the games as well? I tried to get Dragon Quest Builders 2, Blood Stained Ritual of the Night, Daemon X Machina, and Untitled Goose Game. One store also had a box of about 30 copes of Rage 2 for Xbox One that was the same situation when ringing up
yes theyre outright blocked from sale now it seems

. FBDC6964-444B-40B9-9882-763BDD629BE9.jpeg BD36459F-AEE1-422F-8AF1-F8E138BFDCE7.jpeg 5AE7606C-3340-43BF-80A0-756FD985B86C.jpeg
Someone's going to get Home Office's attention :lol:

I have another receipt when I went back and found more games for .03. Employee told me it was “restricted to sell”, but he was cool and did an override.
You gonna trade/sell any of those Fallout 76?

I'd be worried about employees getting fired over this too. Before an employee would get chewed out (depending on management) for selling them. Now the register warns them not to and some are still doing it. Going to be something when employees are fired / moved to other departments for overridding these.

Managed to get Dream's today. The store had a bunch of the pennied out games still on the shelves but I just didn't even feel like trying

Love expanding my PSVR collection on the cheap thanks to all these Walmart clearances and all the Sony sales/freebies

If they wanted things to not be sold wouldn't it make more sense to make it an extremely over inflated price and a really underpriced one?

My best .03 pickup was Rhythm Heaven Fever on Wii awhile back. We should all be lucky if you're one of those that were fortunate enough to be successful getting a game for .03 as it always has been in place that they were to be RTV'd and sent to claims. Looks like they finally got smart about it by blocking the sale. All good things must come to an end. I do find it odd that full price games are dropping straight to .03 though without any clearance price at all, that sucks.

bread's done
Back