Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
If Wal-Mart has an agreement with Distributor A that says (in part) "If our merchandise provided does not sell within 12 months of being placed for availability on shelves/online, Retailer is entitled to return said merchandise for a credit of $X (Or X% of Retail Value) towards future product purchase". Now, that timeline can vary, as can the credit amount - it's all going to come down to those separate agreements with distributors or publishers.

So you may have (for example), Untitled Goose Game, where the window is 6 months. If the product remains on shelves at that point and isn't selling, WM can return unsold copies for a hypothetical credit of 30% of MSRP towards a future product order. They may have a separate agreement for a title like Fallout 4, where the distributor expects it to continue moving for a longer time, so they can't return it until 24 months after release, and only for 15% of MSRP. At that point, WM may decide that they can move those copies by clearancing them to 50/75% off, so it's more worthwhile to do that instead. Or even both - Putting it on clearance for a few months leading up to the "return point", and then sending back unsold copies if they're just taking up valuable shelf space. Once returned, the distributor can take a couple different avenues - Donate, Recycle/Salvage, Destroy, or even resell to another retailer that may be moving more inventory (just because Walmart can't move it doesn't mean Gamestop can't, etc. etc)

It's also important to keep in mind that some games don't go on clearance for the very same reason - The distribution deal that they have may tie their hands to prevent placing the game on "clearance" or trying to sell it below a set amount, except during windows in which the distributor/publisher agrees to it. Usually when a game goes on sale (especially shortly after release), this is subsidized by the distributor anyway, as the actual "profit" margin on a $60 game is only 20-25% - So if a game is 2 months old and the distributor wants it to hit a sale of 30% off, they need to provide something to the retailer to balance it out, because the store won't want to just eat that loss for the sake of selling a "new" product.
That is possibly why you see certain games in 5 below and in dollar stores.

Looks like I just bought my last clearanced 3DS games from the local Walmarts. Got two Bravely Second End Layer for $15 each. Not the best deals I've had, but I'll take it. RIP 3 cent games
Says there’s 6+ for $1 at a Walmart 29 miles from me. Doubt it since it says 6+ but that 60 mile round trip is tempting considering there might be a bunch of other clearance titles there

This was more just random luckiness but I found a store with an actual bin of games marked “$19.99 Bargain Games” or some such thing and after digging through all of the junk therein and nearly giving up I found these:

[attachment=35506:82CF5C2B-26E8-4399-9E36-8170EC11BC05.jpeg]

How long does it typically take a game to drop from $49.94 to $10? There's a couple stores in my area that have Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition for $49.94, each of which supposedly had "Quantity: 6+"
It's just something that happens suddenly. I had a store close by me that suddenly dropped it to $10 overnight. I'd keep the brickseek page open on a tab and refresh it every day.

At a Walmart with a small goldmine of .03. Was denied though
Welcome to the club.

RightTediousCock-max-1mb.gif

Tried to return an unopened clearance game with receipt (purchased at a different location about 3 weeks ago) and got denied, said I had to take the clearance item back to the store I got it from.  Seems bogus but I didn't argue. 

Tried to return an unopened clearance game with receipt (purchased at a different location about 3 weeks ago) and got denied, said I had to take the clearance item back to the store I got it from. Seems bogus but I didn't argue.
I thought electronics including games had a 2 week return window.

Finally able to return my unopened clearance game purchased 25 days ago (at the original store).  Customer Service said I had 30 days but insisted electronics had to do it.  Electronics said I only had 15 days.   After trying to make me feel like I was a criminal, the manager finally came over and had to do an "override" of some sort to process the return. 

Last time I buy a clearance game from Walmart unless it's $5 or unless I know without a doubt it can't be found cheaper anywhere else.  

Finally able to return my unopened clearance game purchased 25 days ago (at the original store). Customer Service said I had 30 days but insisted electronics had to do it. Electronics said I only had 15 days. After trying to make me feel like I was a criminal, the manager finally came over and had to do an "override" of some sort to process the return.

Last time I buy a clearance game from Walmart unless it's $5 or unless I know without a doubt it can't be found cheaper anywhere else.
I would complain to corporate and give them the store number (which is located on receipts). If it's egregious they usually send you a gift card for your troubles.

Finally able to return my unopened clearance game purchased 25 days ago (at the original store). Customer Service said I had 30 days but insisted electronics had to do it. Electronics said I only had 15 days. After trying to make me feel like I was a criminal, the manager finally came over and had to do an "override" of some sort to process the return.

Well a 30-day return window for most electronics is clearly stated in the return policy on the Walmart site:

https://www.walmart.com/cp/returns/1231920

14 days is for cellular phones. I don't know where they are getting 15 days from because that's not even mentioned. It seems that they are misinformed, which is not unusual for associates at such places. It's also why I generally question anything I'm told by them.

Walmart stores do whatever they want, depending on how the CS supervisor is feeling.   Dunno why this discussion is still going on.  People here are new apparently.  Sometimes you have to take your shit and go to a different store.  Occasionally the Walmart here in Brooklyn Center will tell people that they aren't taking ANY returns on electronics (or media), and then they won't. 

This isn't news.  Individual stores can and will do whatever they want.  Depending on theft, fraud, and other circumstances.  Everyone knows that Walmart has shit CS at times.  However, they will also give cash back (credit back to your card) without a receipt up to three times per year (on purchases well < $100), so it's not all bad. 

Sounds like you ran into someone who doesn't know the difference between hardware &amp; software. I've had this issue with some of the walmarts in my area. The general return policy currently for my area is 15 days on all hardware consoles included, 30 days for software &amp; I can't tell you how many times over the years where I run into a associate who thinks a game or even a movie is hardware just because it's on a disc.

Walmart stores do whatever they want, depending on how the CS supervisor is feeling. Dunno why this discussion is still going on. People here are new apparently. Sometimes you have to take your shit and go to a different store. Occasionally the Walmart here in Brooklyn Center will tell people that they aren't taking ANY returns on electronics (or media), and then they won't.

This isn't news. Individual stores can and will do whatever they want. Depending on theft, fraud, and other circumstances. Everyone knows that Walmart has shit CS at times. However, they will also give cash back (credit back to your card) without a receipt up to three times per year (on purchases well &lt; $100), so it's not all bad.
I came here to vent. Of course we all know that Walmart does this kind of stuff everyday. As long as they act this way, people will always discuss it. Especially when associates in the same store are making up pretend rules that don't match up. At least they could get their story straight lol.

"Sometimes you wanna go

where everybody knows your name

and they're always glad you came

you wanna be where you can see

our troubles are all the same

you wanna go where everybody knows your name."

I came here to vent. Of course we all know that Walmart does this kind of stuff everyday. As long as they act this way, people will always discuss it. Especially when associates in the same store are making up pretend rules that don't match up. At least they could get their story straight lol.

"Sometimes you wanna go

f5b40434e0595fc0b3ca7ef20ad5e720.jpg

"Sometimes you wanna go
f5b40434e0595fc0b3ca7ef20ad5e720.jpg

Sheeeeiiitttt

Noticing a lot of random clearance in the electronics departments around me.  Arcade1up's are going on clearance, most notably NBAJam, 40th Pac-Man, Turtles, as well as stools and risers.  Random hard drives, modems, routers, speakers, sd cards, etc. starting clearance as well.  Happy hunting.

Noticing a lot of random clearance in the electronics departments around me. Arcade1up's are going on clearance, most notably NBAJam, 40th Pac-Man, Turtles, as well as stools and risers. Random hard drives, modems, routers, speakers, sd cards, etc. starting clearance as well. Happy hunting.
Where are you?

Where are you?
Culpeper, VA 22701

I've been waiting for the Arcade1up Pac-Man to go on clearance, so I check any Walmarts I pass by. Found a store tonight with it marked down to around $250. Checked the Walmart ap and found it as low as $215 around me. Then I walked around the rest of the electronics department just looking to see what else was clearanced.

Noticing a lot of random clearance in the electronics departments around me. Arcade1up's are going on clearance, most notably NBAJam, 40th Pac-Man, Turtles, as well as stools and risers. Random hard drives, modems, routers, speakers, sd cards, etc. starting clearance as well. Happy hunting.
Damn. I'd love to find a turtles arcade. All around me is sold out even at 400.

NE Tennessee here. Some TMNT and Pac-Man clearances here, too. Some stores have the TMNT stools between 30 and 40. Several have odd prices like 32.33 or 34.16. Pac-Man stools are around 60 at best like 60.16. Haven't seen price drops on Pac-Man cabinets. Only one store has TMNT cabinets and they have four ar $320.

Game clearance has been very bad since 3 cent recalls but here are some other items worth getting.

$1 Ever Oasis, Nintendo, Nintendo 3DS, 045496744724

$19.93 Madden NFL 21 Deluxe Edition, Electronic Arts, Xbox One - Walmart Exclusive Pre-order Bonus

$19.93 FIFA 21 Champions Edition, Electronic Arts, Playstation 4 & Playstation 5

$34.96 DIRT 5, THQ-Nordic, PlayStation 4

$39.82 NBA 2K21, 2K, PlayStation 5, 710425577130

$9.98 Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad, Black

$34.92 Corsair Gaming K55 RGB Keyboard, Backlit RGB LED

$49.68 Seagate One Touch SSD 500GB

$68.31 ARRIS SURFboard (24x8) DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem / XFINITY Voice. Approved for XFINITY Comcast only for plans up to 600 Mbps. (SBV2402)

$88.06 WD 6TB My Book Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBBGB0060HBK-NESN

$107.28 Garmin vivoactive 3 Black with Stainless Hardware Smart Watch (010-01769-01)

$153.09 SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch - Bluetooth Smart Watch (46mm) - Silver - SM-R800NZSAXAR

$5 NutriBullet 500 Personal Blender with 3 Pieces, Matte White & Gold

$0.25c Hot Wheels Toy Story 4 Character Cars (Styles May Vary)

$3 Baby Alive Tinycorns Doll, Unicorn, Accessories

$5 Disney Pixar Toy Story Buzz Lightyear with Karate Chop Action

$5 Doc Brown & Einstein - Back to The Future - Toony Classics - 6" Action Figure

$11 Pokemon TCG: Kangaskhan EX Box

$15 Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Optimus Prime

$100 NEW WALMART EXCLUSIVE 24 Volt Thunder Tank Ride-On With Working Cannon and Rotating Turret!

$150 24V Disney Princess Cinderella Carriage by Dynacraft

$3 HART Pro Impact Work Gloves, 5-Finger Touchscreen Capable, Medium

$4.96 Hyper Tough 18V Cordless Drill, 3/8 inch Chuck, Variable Speed, with 1.2Ah Nickel Cadmium Battery, Charger, Bit Holder & LED Light

$10.12 HART 20-Volt Cordless Hand Vacuum (Battery Not Included)

$13.50 HART 2-pack 20-Volt Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah Batteries (Charger Not Included)

$20 HART 20V Cordless Reciprocating Saw (Battery Not Included) HPRS01

$49 Gorilla Carts GOR4PS 600-lb. Poly Garden Dump Cart with 10" Tires

$75 GE 45 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifer for Wet Rooms, ADEW45LY, Black

$15 Hyper Tough 14"Dx36"Wx54"H 4 Tier Wire Shelving Rack, Silver/Zinc, 350lb capacity

$50 Better Homes & Gardens 30 inch Cauldron Wood Fire Pit, Antique Bronze

$100 Better Homes & Gardens Ellis Shutter Bookcase Storage Cabinet

$2.50 Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Non-Stick Aluminum Foil 105 sq. ft. Box

$6 BLACK+DECKER 12-Cup* QuickTouch Programmable Coffeemaker, Black, CM1060B

$9 Blue Diamond, Blue Limited Edition Nonstick Ceramic 11-Piece Cookware Set

$115 HOOVER ONEPWR FloorMate JET Cordless Hard Floor Cleaner, BH55200B

$200 Anker eufy RoboVac G30 Verge, Robot Vacuum with Home Mapping, 2000Pa Suction, Wi-Fi, Boundary Strips, for Carpets and Hard Floors

Just an FYI:  Dirt 5 PS5 is the everyday Walmart price.  One store here clearanced it out at $5 according to BS.

The WD 6TB i sdown to $75 at one store here.  Don't really neeeeeeeed it, but ....

I actually got the Hoover Floormate for $50 when I got the TMNT stools.  Another store around here had it at $25 apparently.

I also got several Brookstone smart outdoor 3 way plugs for $3 each.  Was going to get more when I went back for the vacuum and stools, bit somebody had wiped out about 20 or so of them.  Turns out I needed 5 and ended up with 4 when I found a straggler.

A bunch of Hart 20V tools are on clearance with a lot under $10 depending on location.  I got a 2 gallon vac with hopes of getting a battery deal, but couldn't locate one.  Hart is supposedly made in the same factory as some bigger brand names, possibly Ryobi(?), but I wouldn't get them for my workhorse main tools.  The fan for my daughter's tree house, work lights, portable vac I'm good with.

I'm just glad they painted the turret tip orange. Just in case the police think it's a real tank rolling down the sidewalk with little Timmy inside.
I have had a conversation about this in the past. The tank is awesome, the orange tip is just ridiculous.

My just turned 16 yr. old son saw this powerwheels tank in Walmart last night and was actually pissed it wasn't out 10 years ago.

Just got the last copy of Detective Pikachu on 3DS for $5.

Disappointed because they had the quantic dream collection and on brickseek it said it was 3 cents and when they tried ringing it up it said it was on recall. Is that normal for 3 cent games?

Just got the last copy of Detective Pikachu on 3DS for $5.
Disappointed because they had the quantic dream collection and on brickseek it said it was 3 cents and when they tried ringing it up it said it was on recall. Is that normal for 3 cent games?
Starting last month, yes it is

Thanks for the response! That sucks, just saw they had like 10 copies of Walking Dead Telltale Definitive Edition for Xbox One at that 3 cent price point. Would have bought all of those too if I could lol.
So the new batch of $.03 games from last month won't (actually, it was March, so over a month ago) will show up as recall and "No Sellable Item" aka won't even pop on the screen at the POS or self-checkout for them to let you purchase it. Any older $.03 games from previous clearance drops from 2018 - Jan. 2021 might still be buyable. But since most of those have been cleared out by now, who knows honestly.

Spied these today. Nothing mind blowing but I’ll keep any eye out for Squadrons to drop lower.

[attachment=35558:66428E83-05C2-4176-A094-B5E193ED0B50.jpeg]

bread's done
Back