Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
No ones likely buying 5-6 copies of the same game normally. For the record I bought 1 of each with the exception of yokai watch. No one's also defending it. 

"Man, thats a whopping $5-7 profit per copy!"

minus 1.00-2.00 selling fee and 1$ initial investment  around 12.00 profit if sold at 15.00 and 8.00 profit if sold at 10.00.

Anywho nothing in stock in ne ohio out of those games listed according to brickseek.  But it's rarely reliable except for 6-10+ in stock in my experience.  Definitely a steal for pokemon if anyone can find one.  Good luck. 

"Pointless arguing but unless you're selling locally, its a minimum of $3 to ship" 

Only if you are paying for shipping.  Not everyone does free shipping.

As for whatever you are seeing they sold for that's irrelevant to what I sold them for.

Ignore the worthless alt account. Someone choosing to keep returning after being banned only to contribute nothing but abrasive name-calling? That's an even larger waste of time and several tiers lower than someone buying multiple copies of a deal they've found.

Pointless arguing but unless you're selling locally, its a minimum of $3 to ship as well as the a minimum of $1.50 in fees. Copies of Yo Kai haven't been selling for more than $11-$12 for a while, which puts it smack dab in the $5-7 range. If thats worth the time to you, I'm sorry. Even if it was a less laughable "profit", you should still feel bad.
I legitimately don’t understand what causes people like this to attack and question the actions of an internet stranger, particularly someone like shadowysea07 who has, in every thread I’ve seen them in on this site, been courteous, helpful, ask good questions and/or stimulate thoughtful conversations. I would like to respectfully ask you to step off your soapbox, and maybe not tell people that the way they spend their time and money isn’t worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I legitimately don’t understand what causes people like this to attack and question the actions of an internet stranger, particularly someone like shadowysea07 who has, in every thread I’ve seen them in on this site, been courteous, helpful, ask good questions and/or stimulate thoughtful conversations. I would like to respectfully ask you to step off your soapbox, and maybe not tell people that the way they spend their time and money isn’t worth it.

Aye, spare folks the holier-than-thou crap. Especially when their made-up numbers are frankly, completely wrong. They obviously have no clue what you can realistically get for those Pokemon games. Anyway honestly not sure what they are doing wasting their time here. Reminds me of a dude in here some months ago who was making the claim that anyone buying multiple copies of a game was infringing upon his right to buy said game. What a laughable statement. The only right you have..... is to get there before others do.

Aye, spare folks the holier-than-thou crap. Especially when their made-up numbers are frankly, completely wrong. They obviously have no clue what you can realistically get for those Pokemon games. Anyway honestly not sure what they are doing wasting their time here. Reminds me of a dude in here some months ago who was making the claim that anyone buying multiple copies of a game was infringing upon his right to buy said game. What a laughable statement. The only right you have..... is to get there before others do.
I don't remember if this was me, But it probably was, since I tell you all how scummy you are whenever you brag about this bullshit. And the thing is, I also have the right to think the people buying multiple copies of games to sell for $10 profit per game instead of allowing others the benefit of getting the game at the same deal they did are worthless scumbags. It's laughable to me that anyone thinks this practice is of time-effort worth and can even be justified morally in some way by sharing with "friends."

You kiddos always get pissy when someone argues about this. But who cares? Someone said we're internet strangers, and that's completely true. Someone brags about buying up a ton of cheap games to scalp, and I always tell them they're a shitbag and move on. You don't need my approval, just as I don't need to read bullshit about how justified you are in buying extra copies of some 3DS game to flip for $20 bucks or so cuz you don't make enough at your job to be financially stable. Nobody gets to tell anyone not to share the brag post, or that others can't share their opinions on the brag post. Doesn't bother me if you can't accept that people disapprove of this stupid way of "making money."

Today’s haul was nice. After striking out on some fake copies of Heartgold and Soulsilver from GameStop that I drove a good bit for, stopped by on some Walmart’s along the way and struck gold at one.

Finally got some new mice for my girl and I. The microphones were a surprise and probably could’ve waited to go lower but for over 50% off I thought it was a good enough price. Games were $9.88 except for code name steam which was $1.

n7PD8zB.jpg

I've seen C.O.D.E. Name Steam at a local Walmart for $1 too. They had 3-4 copies, but I already bought mine for $3 new like 4+ years ago. That game will always be common.

I don't remember if this was me, But it probably was, since I tell you all how scummy you are whenever you brag about this bullshit. And the thing is, I also have the right to think the people buying multiple copies of games to sell for $10 profit per game instead of allowing others the benefit of getting the game at the same deal they did are worthless scumbags. It's laughable to me that anyone thinks this practice is of time-effort worth and can even be justified morally in some way by sharing with "friends."

You kiddos always get pissy when someone argues about this. But who cares? Someone said we're internet strangers, and that's completely true. Someone brags about buying up a ton of cheap games to scalp, and I always tell them they're a shitbag and move on. You don't need my approval, just as I don't need to read bullshit about how justified you are in buying extra copies of some 3DS game to flip for $20 bucks or so cuz you don't make enough at your job to be financially stable. Nobody gets to tell anyone not to share the brag post, or that others can't share their opinions on the brag post. Doesn't bother me if you can't accept that people disapprove of this stupid way of "making money."
I don't recall who it was but if you want to incriminate yourself by all means do so. People like you are just salty crybabies because you get beat to the punch by others. That simple really. You snooze you lose. If you can't or don't want to put forth the effort to get there before something sells out then too effin bad. C'est la vie. It's also another false assumption that people may only sell some stuff because they aren't financially stable. Judging from the tone of people such as yourself you would think they would be financially well-off enough for this not to be any skin off of their teeth. Anyway people like you are sanctimonious with how presumptuous and judgmental you are of others, as if your interpretation or perception of the situation is the only one that can possibly be truth. And that's why, in your own words, you are worthless scumbags. If there is one thing we agree on though it's that your approval is certainly not needed.

Today’s haul was nice. After striking out on some fake copies of Heartgold and Soulsilver from GameStop that I drove a good bit for, stopped by on some Walmart’s along the way and struck gold at one.

Finally got some new mice for my girl and I. The microphones were a surprise and probably could’ve waited to go lower but for over 50% off I thought it was a good enough price. Games were $9.88 except for code name steam which was $1.

n7PD8zB.jpg
Oooh me want Yeti Blackout microphone! lol I saw them at one store nearby (they had 4) but it was like $75-$80 and I didn't want to pay that much for one so I'm going to wait to see if it drops some more. Fingers crossed. I've been needing a new mic and I imagine that will probably blow away anything I've used before.

Could be buying some to sell to cover the cost of the rest, buying for friends / family, keeping some for collections, etc. etc.

Will never understand people who assume someone is reselling just to resell, especially when that same person is sharing information that you would otherwise not know. Be happy you got information on what games Walmart has on sale via them instead of complaining.
When something is stupidly cheap I buy several copies to throw in my trade bin. Having said that my first print copy of Breath of The Wild for Wii U is selling for $500 - $2000 graded right now. Not dumb to hold on to some extra copies of 1st party stuff... just sayin.

So I went to a Walmart that had Luigi dark moon 3ds, but it was ringing up 19.88 in store. A reseller was standing in front of all the copies anyway furiously on his phone. Now Walmart.com shows a price of 9.88 so I reached over, grabbed one and price matched it at checkout.

He snatched up to the remaining copies after I did that, but I don’t know what he thought he was going to do, Walmart only price matches 1item per day. He couldn’t buy all of them.

Yeah, a couple weeks ago when Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive was $10, I finally found some at a far out Walmart but the guy in front of me bought all of them. Not sure why he needed what looked like 10 copies. Oh well, he got there first. I did score Streets of Rage 4(Switch) at a local Walmart for 3¢ recently, so not all bad.

When something is stupidly cheap I buy several copies to throw in my trade bin. Having said that my first print copy of Breath of The Wild for Wii U is selling for $500 - $2000 graded right now. Not dumb to hold on to some extra copies of 1st party stuff... just sayin.
Why are WiiU copies of Breath of the Wild worth money? Are they rare or something? I think I still have a sealed WiiU copy because I ended up getting it for both systems and just played the Switch version.

Another clearance dump for you guys. Be sure to join the discord for more BOLOs. 

$9.88 Nintendo Selects: Animal Crossing New Leaf Welcome Amiibo (No Amiibo Card), Nintendo, Nintendo 3DS, 045496744458

$9.88 Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo Selects), Nintendo, Nintendo 3DS, 045496744946

$9.88 Nintendo Selects: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3DS, Nintendo 3DS, 045496745189

$9.88 NS Luigis Mansion Drk Moon 3DS, by Nintendo, (Nintendo Selects: Luigi's Mansion)

$19.93 FIFA 21 Champions Edition, Electronic Arts, Xbox One & Xbox Series X

$19.93 Xcom 2 Collection, Take Two for Nintendo Switch

$30 Vivitar 12.1MP Full HD Waterproof Action Camcorder

$9.98 Midland, MROER210, ER210 E+Ready Compact Emergency Crank Weather Radio, 1 Each

$9.99 MyQ Smart Garage Door Opener Chamberlain MYQ-G0301 - Wireless & Wi-Fi Enabled Garage Hub with Smartphone Control

$19.24 Kodak Mini 2 HD Wireless Mobile Instant Photo Printer w/4PASS Patented Printing Technology (Black) – Compatible w/iOS & Android Devices - Real Ink In An Instant

$32.25 NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S AC2200 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender with Patented FastLane3 Technology, Smart Roaming, One WiFi Name that works with any WiFi Router (EX7500)

$33.82 Seagate Expansion 4TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive - STEB4000100

$37.25 TP-Link Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Router Replacement System | 2- AX1800 Mesh Routers | Coverage up to 4,000 Sq ft.

$37.25 NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming WiFi Router (XR300-100NAS)

$444.75 VIZIO M-Series Quantum 65" Class (64.5" diag)4K HDR Smart TV M656-H4

Y'all ain't gonna believe this, but self-checkout for $0.03 games worked with no issues at two stores today. Hopefully not YMMV.

:xb1: Wasteland 3
:xb1: MX vs ATV: All Out Anniversary Edition
:ps4: MEGA MAN Zero/ZX Legacy Collection 
:ps4: Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions

Local store had OoT, MK7, Mario Maker 3DS, Mario & Luigi BIS - all $10 each.

Really wish I could’ve got either/both Pokemon games. I don’t have USUM.

Y'all ain't gonna believe this, but self-checkout for $0.03 games worked with no issues at two stores today. Hopefully not YMMV.

:xb1: MX vs ATV: All Out Anniversary Edition
Came here to report the same thing. In addition to the titles listed above, they also had:

:ps4: Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris

which is the only one I picked up. They still had several copies of Wasteland 3 & SAO:AL left. This was in Massachusetts.

Tried getting Wasteland 3 (Xbox) and Streets of Rage 4 (Switch) for $.03, but a junior detective thought it was suspicious and asked a manager if he can sell it to me. Got denied. No, I couldn't do self-checkout since the games were behind the glass.

It will never not be funny that the guy who never STFU about flipping copies of PS2 Iridium Runners all the way from Syracuse to North Haverbrook now has Deep Thoughts about flippers. 

Congrats! Self checkout said restricted for me but I think the ones I found were old listings?

:xb1: Control
:ps4::xb1: Rage 2
:xb1: Lego Movie game
:xb1: Middle Earth: Shadows of War

But I did get these Onn Bookshelf Speakers. Cheapest in the area is 12.xx but I got them for 17.49.

onn. Bluetooth Wireless Bookshelf Speakers, Set of 2, Black
https://brickseek.com/p/onn-bluetooth-wireless-bookshelf-speakers/8352041

“Team lead” working electronics denied my friend on tsubasa and darksiders genesis on switch. They rang up fine but she claimed the store would get fined if they were sold

Found six of the aforementioned $0.03 games but wasn’t allowed to take them to self checkout nor allowed the sale when they rang up by the manager. She knew the three cent games were meant to be returned to the manufacturers, but she made up some BS rule about all electronics needing to be purchased at the electronics register, which irritated me. Alas. Hope others have better luck.

Came here to report the same thing. In addition to the titles listed above, they also had:

:ps4: Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris

which is the only one I picked up. They still had several copies of Wasteland 3 & SAO:AL left. This was in Massachusetts.
Big Buck Hunter Arcade NSW- $3

Devil may cry 5 (ps4) -.03

Desperados (Ps4)- .03

Mx vs Atv all out- (ps4) -.03

Warning: If you try to buy a old .03 game, they will ring up restricted.

DMC5 for PS5 is 3 cents holy shit.... no wonder mine had them at the bottom of the case last time... looks like I am going to get some copies of it.

Here's a list of the newest reported clearance games...I'll try to update the list if and when more games are found. All games are $0.03 unless otherwise noted, and as always, all credit given to original posters:

:ps4:

Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=997365131

Desperados III

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=717304468

Devil May Cry 5

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=788591697

Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=332558844

MX vs. ATV: All Out

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=654748248

MX vs. ATV: All Out Anniversary Edition

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=738970302

My Hero One's Justice 2

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=505621107

Streets of Rage 4

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=625154184

The Surge 2 (LIKELY TO RING UP RESTRICTED)

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=638561903

Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=358457309

Zombie Army 4: Dead War

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=416842008

:xb1:

Desperados III

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=104547338

MX vs. ATV: All Out

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=342854086

MX vs. ATV: All Out Anniversary Edition

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=966490510

My Hero One's Justice 2

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=349296451

The Surge 2 (LIKELY TO RING UP RESTRICTED)

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=425941407

Wasteland 3

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=488665546

Zombie Army 4: Dead War

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=612086952

:switch:

Big Buck Hunter Arcade ($3.00)

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=642914013

Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=270139917

Darksiders Genesis

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=741283456

Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=844260101

Streets of Rage 4

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=370074132

Trine Ultimate Collection (LIKELY TO RING UP RESTRICTED)

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=521617989

The Wonderful 101

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=683652454

:3ds:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf ($9.88)

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=484690495

The Biggest Loser ($1.00)

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=11983405

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D ($9.88)

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=42397375

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D ($5.00)

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=49911797

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon ($9.88)

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=54315540

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story & Bowser Jr.'s Journey ($9.88)

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=591170345

Mario Kart 7 ($5.00)

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=17753711

Minecraft New Nintendo 3DS Edition ($9.88)

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=493965336

Pokémon Ultra Moon

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=404962154

Pokémon Ultra Sun

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=664937166

Super Mario 3D Land ($9.88)

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=820897668

Super Mario Maker ($9.88)

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=860879395

bread's done
Back